Slow Direct Download Speed

Options
randomuser
randomuser Posts: 0
edited August 2008 in General Discussion
If you are experiencing slow download speed, pause the download and resume it.

We are looking into the issue to see what the problem is.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• emir
    emir Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    randomuser wrote: »

that does miracles thanks ^^

i love you

even if it does go back to bein slow after a while i can just kep pausin and resuming right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ranthe
    ranthe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    if it worked once it should work again. Personally i'm glad i started the download at 3:15am, not as many folks trying to take the file.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nounours
    nounours Posts: 453
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Hey guys,
    I really dont see what is the point to download the pwi downloader, because with the direct link,
    and a download manager, its much faster!

Here is the direct link for the zip file:
    http://download.perfectworld.com/pwi/clients/Perfect_World_International.zip

With a dowload manger your speed will be inscreased!! ;)
  • ranthe
    ranthe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    not true, i'm getting the same speed with the PW downloader i would normally.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • troll
    troll Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    had no problems with the direct download: speed was fast, only took two hours to download client.
  • nounours
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ranthe wrote: »
    not true, i'm getting the same speed with the PW downloader i would normally.

sure you use a download manager?
    a download manager witch ...how to say....
    download the file in many parts...
  • siany
    siany Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Mine's going at around 300K/sec and has about an hour and half to go using the download manager. It does slow down every now and again but pause/resume seems to fix it :D
  • kins
    kins Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    troll wrote: »
    had no problems with the direct download: speed was fast, only took two hours to download client.

You're lucky, i'm trying to download and am getting 30kbs! Then after i pause and resume it goes back to 2.49mbs but that is short lived heehee.

Anyway i'll just keep my computer on since I am leaving today anyway!!! Back before the start though :D
    I don't use a signature.... I'm just cool like that!:cool:
  • nounours
    edited August 2008
    Options
    same problem for me, my speed with pwi downloader was at 40kb/s about
    but with download manager and direct link it is around 400 kb
  • shizo
    shizo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options

Meh, if i do that it's getting slower >___<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Shizo - Blademaster 9x - Conqueror

Quitted trolling the forums. PM me ingame, if want something

Sig by Sev.
  • elysium
    elysium Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    The problem is not the Downloader, it's the server. When it seems that download speed is decreasing, it actually has already stopped, so you'll have to do the Pause/Resume trick.
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Download finished, Speed remained quite steady all the time at an average of 450 K/s.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • ulfrun
    ulfrun Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    i got the direct downloader and it is dling at 600+kb/s for me, willl tale about 1 hour
  • soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Didn't have any significant speed drops so far, using Flashget and i'm maxing my connection speed atm. Which is sadly only 250Kb/s T.T
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vyron
    vyron Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    siany wrote: »
    Mine's going at around 300K/sec and has about an hour and half to go using the download manager. It does slow down every now and again but pause/resume seems to fix it :D

Mine is going between 662-665 kb/sec. Thats slower than normal for me. My avg on downloads is 800kb to 1.2Mb/sec, but it also seems to depend on the site I'm on and the traffic.
  • ulfrun
    ulfrun Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    i used flashget to get the downloader but its dling through the PW downloader bout 25 min now and 625 kb/s now but i usaly can download at 800kb to 1.2Mb/sec as vyron said
  • kelo
    kelo Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Great work on their end ^^ Tons of people must be downloading it, and I still get a 550kB/s speed, which is pretty good on a crowded server. I'm using the PWi download application ^^
    ~ Through the darkest of night, we shall shine brightly, revealing the path to both friendship and glory ~
    Kelovar, Radiance executor
  • shizo
    shizo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Lucky guys, downloading it since 3hours now and speed is at 80-110kbs and 2hours left ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Shizo - Blademaster 9x - Conqueror

Quitted trolling the forums. PM me ingame, if want something

Sig by Sev.
  • orz
    orz Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    nounours wrote: »
    Hey guys,
    I really dont see what is the point to download the pwi downloader, because with the direct link,
    and a download manager, its much faster!

Here is the direct link for the zip file:
    http://download.perfectworld.com/pwi/clients/Perfect_World_International.zip

With a dowload manger your speed will be inscreased!! ;)

Huge thanks for the direct link!

I tried torrent it was 20KB, tried the installer but like always they can not support max speed so from 200KB it got to 30kb.

Direct link + Download Master (Russian download manager client) and it did a miracle.
    150KB/s. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Old school gamer, In PW for beta testing.
    Webmaster of Aionglobal.com
  • wimpknuckles
    wimpknuckles Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    The Pause/Resume trick does not work with me, it remains at a lazy 25-50 kbps :confused:
    And the download started off so nicely with 845 kbps :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.
    When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.
  • tolan
    tolan Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I've hit 800-some-odd on a resume, but I'm averaging between 150 and 250. I usually do the pause-reset when it goes under 100. sometimes I have to do it a few times for it to kick, but it works. Thanks for the tip.

-Tolan
    I'm a Christian looking for a clean experience in a free MMO. No, I'm not crazy.
  • soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Guys, using the direct link nounours gave (thanks) + a download manager is faster than using the PWDownloader.
    BUT: i doubt you can transfer the incomplete file from PWDownloader to a download manager.. so you have to bear with it fear.
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dice
    dice Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Ehh right now I have a consistant 353K/sec on the direct DL..
  • xylent
    xylent Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Although that does work for a lot of different downloaders. It even works with fileplanet's download manager and some firefox download manager addons. It did make a difference with the client downloader from 0 to 680kbps

xD now to wait for the remaining week
  • jades
    jades Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Ok I have downloaded from teh direct file and have gotten corrupt files . am trying from a different location
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    jades wrote: »
    Ok I have downloaded from teh direct file and have gotten corrupt files . am trying from a different location

You can try to repair it with the torrent download. Only make sure the file have the same name.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • ajfrostyace
    ajfrostyace Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Mine has been between 325-350 K/sec so it is going smoothly. I already have it 55% done, so I'll be good to go in about another 50 minutes. :D I'm excited!
  • jades
    jades Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    have tried the bit torrent but it just closes down on me . so im trying again the direct
  • snaptrap
    snaptrap Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options

Could be that I was hogging all your bandwidth. Got the game in 25 mins.
  • kaevan
    kaevan Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    o my god, this is to slow!!!! even if i do the pause, resume trick. it ends up going to 11bytes/s. NOT kb/s, Bloody bytes. says its gonna take 57000+ hours!!!
This discussion has been closed.