Slow Direct Download Speed

Comments

• soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    cancel, get the direct link fro mthe first page of this post, get a download manager like flashget, enjoiy max speed.
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • acheron
    acheron Posts: 3
    edited August 2008
    I was downloading it and then it stoped saying that the server was down. How long does it take for the server to go back online.
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    acheron wrote: »
    I was downloading it and then it stoped saying that the server was down. How long does it take for the server to go back online.

The problem is likely on your side. I just tried and was able to connect to the DD server.

Or it got a very small hic-up.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • ayako55
    ayako55 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Taking less than an hour. And I thought my computer was turning garbage XD
    Xtacy
  • kaevan
    kaevan Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    soukyuu wrote: »
    cancel, get the direct link fro mthe first page of this post, get a download manager like flashget, enjoiy max speed.

thanks a lot it is downloading pretty fast now even tho it ranges between 0.5kb/s and 1mb/s average of around 700kb/s.

Thank you so much. im so happy ^_^ :D can't wait!!
  • bobobob
    bobobob Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    WOW thanks man. First It was .1k/sec now its 600k/sec
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15790000&dateline=1218674145
    Your Current Signature Picture[/SIGPIC]
    bobobob = AccuXracy and Accu
  • ganja
    ganja Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    My speed is going down to 5kb even with the resume & everything, I guess i'll wait till you guys solve it.

EDIT: With flashget I get 25kb MAX lol :S and with the one the GM's gave I get 85kb, tho it goes down till 5kb and I gotta resume and everything every 10 seconds, any idea to speed it up?
  • rena
    rena Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Sometimes I noticed the download manager would stop to a halt with 1 or 2 byte per second. I quick resolution to this is pausing and resuming the download manager. It will resolve the issue and bring it back to top speed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=6931
    emberglades.forumotion.net/forum.htm
  • tenkei
    tenkei Posts: 63
    edited August 2008
    Did the Direct Download. It took exactly 35 min. though the estimate kept saying 1-2 hrs. had no issues with the download. Now just got to finish setting it up, ran out of time till had to go for work.
  • deliguy
    deliguy Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    thanks for the direct link.
    with the one on site it went to40kb a sec
    with my dl manager its at 700kb a sec
  • xkwisite
    xkwisite Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Also if anybody want's to use the direct download and are getting low speeds even after pausing/resuming just try pausing the download,turning off your router/modem for a few seconds and then turn it back on and letting your internet reconnect. This fixed my speeds i went from 60 a second to 450kbs+
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ganja
    edited August 2008
    That screwed up even more my dw spd :(

it was at 80... now it went down to 25 :mad::mad:
    it's been in the same spd for 20 minutes now, I guess it'll stay that way :mad:
  • nitro
    nitro Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Ok using Directx is good take almost 2 hours But:
    Q: after the download finished come out a zipped folder when i opened there is the icon to Install but said fail when i click on
    I want to know if i need to wait to close beta to install or what is the problem thank you
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    nitro wrote: »
    Q: after the download finished come out a zipped folder when i opened there is the icon to Install but said fail when i click on
    I want to know if i need to wait to close beta to install or what is the problem thank you

You need to unzip the .zip file to your hard disk before installing.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • kittyeatsushi
    kittyeatsushi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Hmm I'm getting around 100 KB/s with a download manager. Yay 5 more hours? lol
  • birdie
    birdie Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    but the pause resume worked great. i did notice that since i had two computers hooked to the same dsl and since I tried to download to both computers at the same time that that did not work well at all. shut one down and the other kicked back up to 624 which only took about 1.5 hours for me. then extracting the files then starting it up cus I had to see :) gonna love this when it starts.

right click your zipped folder. it should show a zipper and tell it to extract all. for me took about 45 min just to do that. may have been cus other stuff going same time but once extracted everthing is great
  • kross
    kross Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Well...This is what I get for not looking toward the forums first. I'm already at 80% and now I know...you can download faster if you pause and resume x.x...

EDIT: SPARTA!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I will never stop causing havoc. You'll have to kill me to do so.
  • mystic
    mystic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    kross wrote: »
    Well...This is what I get for not looking toward the forums first. I'm already at 80% and now I know...you can download faster if you pause and resume x.x...

EDIT: SPARTA!

zv67i1.png

EDIT: UNINSTALL BEFORE YOU EMBARRASS YOURSELF AGAIN!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Selfish blood runs through my veins. I gave up everything for fame.

Pandora - 8X Mage - Lost City (PvP - The only server worth playing.)
  • ganja
    edited August 2008
    tensions are running high even without the servers online :eek:

I guess you all have a history from another PW versions.
  • mystic
    edited August 2008
    Also, RQ is offering a direct download from our ultra high speed site! Don't worry, we have unlimited bandwidth. Grab it right here!

http://www.rqclan.com/Perfect_World_International.zip
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• kross
    edited August 2008
    mystic wrote: »
    zv67i1.png

EDIT: UNINSTALL BEFORE YOU EMBARRASS YOURSELF AGAIN!

Ummm...dude. I haven't even started yet. I'm new. That's not my IGN. I'm still downloading the game....o.0

Also I never played this game before on any other server. I'm only joining international since I live in the US.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mystic
    edited August 2008
    Ummm...dude. I haven't even started yet. I'm new. That's not my IGN. I'm still downloading the game....o.0

Also I never played this game before on any other server. I'm only joining international since I live in the US.

Well then, don't I feel like a ****! You have my sincere apologies, and those are very rare. If you ever find yourself on Lost City, look me up, I lead RQ.

I owe you a favor, and don't forget it. I always repay my debts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• kross
    edited August 2008
    Well then, don't I feel like a ****! You have my sincere apologies, and those are very rare. If you ever find yourself on Lost City, look me up, I lead RQ.

I owe you a favor, and don't forget it. I always repay my debts.

LMFAO, it happens. Though don't worry about it. An will do if I get lost. :D

@thread: Sorry for the off topicness :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mystic
    edited August 2008
    LMFAO, it happens. Though don't worry about it. An will do if I get lost. :D

@thread: Sorry for the off topicness :D

Lost City is a server, fyi. PVP East.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• kross
    edited August 2008
    Lost City is a server, fyi. PVP East.

Yeah. Just noticed that. Naw I play something similar. TornCity. Though, it's a might try thing in the future :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hazard71
    hazard71 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Well I get about 90kb a sec, when I pause and restart it goes up to 1 to 2 mb a sec and immediately cylcles down to 90 kb again. :(
  • wildd
    wildd Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    You can also find download links in this thread. Tried and tested

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=11001

Client is split into 3 parts.
  • sealed
    sealed Posts: 781
    edited August 2008
    My speed is 168.8k/sec
    Thats not too slow is it??

sealed~
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    wildd wrote: »
    You can also find download links in this thread. Tried and tested

Client is split into 3 parts.

I trust RageQuit client dowload offer to be safe.

Yours...... I would not take that chance....

I don't know you... you have 16 posts on the forums....

• locust
    locust Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    i cant install the game it says not responding. then i tried extracting the files and that did not respond.:mad:
This discussion has been closed.