Major Game Bug Found

Comments

• zethus
    zethus Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Before this goes to far, can I request an admin move this topic by chance?
    and also create a graveyard for posts like this?

sorry EPH it was fun while it lasted.
  • phate
    phate Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    zethus wrote: »
    It's also on his {Benedict's} medal. So when I went to the Seminary for kicks and giggles Brother Pachomious tought me the second, more modern slang version of the oaths- vade retro satina.

I feel bad for everyone that attends Brother Pachomious's Parish.

Saint Pachomius is rolling in his grave as we speak and hoping no one confuses the two.
  • roflstomp
    roflstomp Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    i smell a troll.
  • zethus
    edited August 2008
    Saint Pachomious didn't have a grave. He's the Egypt hermit-saint, not the French helper-saint
  • ren
    ren Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Best trolls ever. And I wouldn't be too surprised if most americans have never even heard of esperanto.

Esperanto speakers:
    Total speakers: Native: 200 to 2000 (1996, est.);[1]
    Fluent speakers: est. 100,000 to 2 million

argh broken *** forum
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint
  • zethus
    edited August 2008
    roflstomp wrote: »
    i Smell A Troll.

Congratulations You've Won, Well Done Give Yourself A Pat On The Back!
  • eternal
    eternal Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    phate wrote: »
    I am fluent in English, Spanish, French, Russian, Chinese (Cantonese), Portugese, Esperanto, and to some extent Ebonics ... however this is called PWI and as such should be using a true international language.
    go for u and how many dam languages u speak if u dont like it to dam bad u can take what u think and go some where else because we dont want to here it here and as soon as panda man comes bac on we wont have to hear u any more
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My battle is not won till your soul is mine

server lost world east
    name eternal
    class archer
    SouLLeSS GM
    perfictworld.guildlaunch.com
  • zethus
    edited August 2008
    ren wrote: »
    Best trolls ever.

and can you let us trolls be among our own?
  • roflstomp
    edited August 2008
  • phate
    phate Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Saint Pachomius is Venerated in:

Roman Catholic Church
    Eastern Orthodox Churches
    Eastern Catholic Churches
    Oriental Orthodox Churches
    Lutheran Church

Note Pachomius != Pachomious.

How do you expect to major in CS&M when you miss such obvious errors.
  • zethus
    edited August 2008

roflstomp you're stealling my thunder, please EPH don't count him as one of my comrades, let this be free for all, lest we attrack carebears.
  • zethus
    edited August 2008
    Ooops, EPH you're neglecting my answer, there are more than two Saint Pachomius(es, i?) this dude and myself look up to the egyptian hermit saint cause he was quite the loner, yet pissed people off when they came to see him.
  • crimezone
    crimezone Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    @ Phate..hate 2 tell u, but esperanto is a failed experiment

They tried 2 make a new international language which horribly failed, not even 0.001% of the worlds population speaks it, or even knows a word

Chinese is the worlds most spoken language but due 2 it's complexity mostly not seen as the nr1 international language 2 use. English is the most commonly international language next to chinese and fairly easy 2 learn. That's why english (besides making it easier for the ones that host it now) is used for PWI

Using esperanto would kill the game b4 it even started and you know it.
  • xauss
    xauss Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    go go gadget move to offtopic (and threadlock)

*pauses*

damn - no gadget admin power

to those just skipping to the end... congratulations! you just saved yourself a few minutes by not reading this borefest
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    i smell a troll.

I smell a banned user on an alt account.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • ragingwind
    ragingwind Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I only have one comment:

rtjokerjj4.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • roflstomp
    edited August 2008
    karmelia wrote: »
    I smell a banned user on an alt account.

and meaning ?
  • itch
    itch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Seriously, can the trolls gtfo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ganja
    ganja Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    That might be the most stupid thing i've ever heard on any forums...
    your gonna make us learn a new lenguage? when everybody here obviously speaks proper english?

God damn keep that type of recommendation to yourself
  • douglas
    douglas Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    international dose not meen all nations it meens other nations read a dictionaly dude :rolleyes:
    My site try it and let me know what it needs perfectworldonline.co.nr :) (still building helpfull input only please)
  • lipe124
    lipe124 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    haha prolly another person that was forced to learn english in school(like everyone else in the known universe) and now hes become a anti-english tyrany activist. Funny shiet indeed.

I've never even heard of esparanto, it sounds like a quinten tarentino movie.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - Go watch it alone ;)
  • xylent
    xylent Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Conclusion:

As it stands today almost all people are fluent in Esperanto and as such I formally suggest that the Perfect World International Edition developers climb out from the 18th century rock they are living under and get with the times and release PWI in Esperanto. The only real reason not to do this is because you are a **** or **** sympathizer.

In conclusion I advise everyone to petition either in this thread to change the Language from English to Esperanto. Help grow the PWI to its full potential and let

Been reading around and not usually posting for a long time now. I find you post very offensive. English is a language most of us here have already learned and thus most of us prefer to use. As already mentioned the game is US based, its local administrators and staff speak English and any other language they might know. Calling us **** is insulting simply because we choose not to speak or learn Esperanto.

I have read about it and there are no countries that use it as their official language nor a population grouped together large enough to have a localized version all for their own. Also if you say its the most used language in the world just like Micheal Byram who wrote or edited the "Routledge Encyclopedia of Language Teaching and Learning" you are subject to his research and opinion which is as biased to his cause as the **** who believe in their research for the master race. Also considering the size of the world there are a lot more people speaking other languages over English and French, Spanish or even Esperanto and it is very likely you are only referring to Europe because that language isn't taken as life and death important here in NA.

English is the chosen language for PWI because it is the language the administrative staff speak and understand, it is the primary language of most of the continent they are on, and it is a language that is taught to nearly everyone in the world. If Esperanto was as popular as you say it is then why don't I hear tourists speaking that language anywhere? Why isn't it offered by a larger majority of schools across the world instead of English, French, Spanish, Chinese? Because people choose to speak their own languages and some languages more often than others over the years of colonization by the big empires both political, and economic empires. Esperanto, like in your history lesson, while interesting no doubt, is all unnecessary. The moral of your history lesson is to look at the label before you eat or drink anything because no matter what language it is, especially today, their is absolutely no way to mistake rat poison for pain killers and therefore eliminating the original purpose of that language.

Lastly, PWI isnlt exactly truly international. It services North America, Europe, and any country that so far does not have thier own localized service for Perfect World - and as soon as any other country covered by PWI service gets their own PW servers PWI service will get smaller and smaller.

http://www.internetworldstats.com/stats7.htm
    http://www.netz-tipp.de/languages.html

PS. I asked some friends in Europe, guess what nobody speaks Esperanto for general purposes like going to the drugstore or a stripclub.

PS. (2) Just a thought, PWI is a free game, if you don't like how it is who told you you HAVE to play this game. Download it, start a server for yourself in Esperanto - just because some guy says its the most widely used language doesn't mean the rest of the world has to learn it.
  • legendzeratul
    legendzeratul Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    ENGLISH IS THE OFFICIAL LANGUAGE. **** THAT ESPERANTO ****. HAVE YOU SEEN A SINGLE GAME USE THAT LANGUAGE. :rolleyes:

Edit: That's the "real" offensive post. :D
  • koz
    koz Posts: 465 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I'm surprised the trolls haven't been banned yet.

1. No trolling, or flaming.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    koz wrote: »
    I'm surprised the trolls haven't been banned yet.

1 - weekend

2 - 9:15 am on the Pacific Coast
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • koz
    koz Posts: 465 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    karmelia wrote: »
    1 - weekend

2 - 9:15 am on the Pacific Coast

Well I know Orinj still gets on on the weekends. Maybe he's just sleeping :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ath
    ath Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Easy fix, if you don't like the fact that PWI is US based for people in North America..please stick to PW MY or another version. Don't be ignorant and come on just to cause **** like this. Grow up.
  • anima
    anima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    According to the UN, they estimated 50% of the world population will use English as their main language in 2050.
    Why...so...serious?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sealed
    sealed Posts: 781
    edited August 2008
    anima wrote: »
    According to the UN, they estimated 50% of the world population will use English as their main language in 2050.

I'll be 58 years old by then D:

And this topic is pointless, the person who made it has no brain

sealed~
  • june
    june Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I am fluent in English, Spanish, French, Russian, Chinese (Cantonese), Portugese, Esperanto, and to some extent Ebonics ... however this is called PWI and as such should be using a true international language.

Nice. I would only say I'm fluent in English, Chinese (Mandarin), and French. In high school, I was friends with someone who knew Esperanto, but her parents were like diplomats. I took Esperanto my first semester at Uni to enrich myself ;P

I think by what they mean by "International" is that the servers are available for those countries who do not have their own localized national version (with the exception of Games-Masters with has a different type of licensing agreement made on July 24th, 2008.)

Regarding Esperanto, it has yet to get approved as an International language by the United Nations. The current recognized six official languages of the UN are: Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish.
    http://www.un.org/events/iyl/un.shtml

According to Geneva's site 130 out of 185 nations polled by the UN prefer to receive their correspondence in English, 36 in French, and 19 in Spanish.
    http://www.geneva.ch/Lang.htm

Perhaps in order to represent the multilingual aspect of Perfect World, French and Spanish should be considered before Esperanto....

Personally, I think it would be interesting if Latin were reestablished as the lingua franca of the world. At least it is the official language in one place in the world. ^_~
This discussion has been closed.