Major Game Bug Found

phate
phate Posts: 82 Arc User
edited August 2008 in General Discussion
In Regards to the "language" of Perfect World International version.

"English Motherfcker! Do-you-speak-it!" If anyone else felt like Brett From Pulp Fiction being berated by an ad-hominem attack by Jules (Samuel L. Jackson) when they found out that PWI was using English instead of a real international language then you're not alone.

Everyone reading this most likely already knows this to be truth, but for the select few, and I do mean select, (A recent poll conducted in joint by a consortium of British, French, and American news organizations put the number at around .03% of the current world population) the real lingua franca of the world is Esperanto and NOT English.

International Auxiliary Languages: Esperanto

If you are reading this and are not familiar with International Auxiliary Languages then I have a few suggestions for you.

Step 1: Move. There is no reason to continue living in such a backwards country. If you have received any sort of education lasting over 3 years and are not fluent in Esperanto I would suggest getting a refund. I would also look into how your alma mater received its accreditation. You may be the victim of education fraud, a very serious crime that affects over 20 million world citizens a year. Also there is a chance you might be a ****.

Step 2: Go to the internet and learn Esperanto.

ALTERNATE STEP 2: If step 1 or 2 is too hard for you, DIE. Simply speaking you are not cut out for life on this planet. If things like reading, writing, and speaking are just too hard for you to comprehend and excel at then do us all a favor by ending your life. Don't get me wrong, I don't normally condone suicide; However in extreme cases of mental retardation it is completely acceptable and in such cases encouraged. A recent study by the US Census Bureau showed that approximately 20% of all taxes collected in the US go to support for the mentally incompetent and the elderly.

However I digress.

International Auxiliary Languages (IAL) were primarily designed to unify nations of different dialect through a common vocabulary. Esperanto was developed in the late 1870s and early 1880s by ophthalmologist Dr. Ludovic Lazarus Zamenhof, an Ashkenazi Jew from Bialystok, now in Poland and previously in the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, but at the time part of the Russian Empire. As you can Imagine Dr. Ludovic was quite the lingual gymnast, having to master multiple languages to function in his environment. As a student Ludovic was forced to learn Hebrew, Russian, Polish, French, and English. Unfortunately he never truly mastered any of the languages he was forced to learn.

When he was 13 he was sent to a labor/summer camp for young Jewish men. On one of the long, hard, and backbreaking days of digging for rocks and planting potatoes Ludovic needed some pain relief. He walked down to the local medicine shop and purchased at the time what he thought was a bottle of water and the equivalent of a bottle of Advil. When he arrived back at his camp he took the pills and drank the water. About 10 minutes later he started violently seizuring all over his floor. It turns out he accidently used the polish spelling for pain relief and not the Russian version which turns out means "Rat Poison". Ludovic nearly dies, and on his deathbed comes up with a solution to protect others from encountering his fate.

After some ten years of development, which Zamenhof spent translating literature into the language as well as writing original prose and verse, the first book of Esperanto grammar was published in Warsaw in July 1887. The number of speakers grew rapidly over the next few decades, at first primarily in the Russian empire and Eastern Europe, then in Western Europe, the Americas, China, and Japan. In the early years, speakers of Esperanto kept in contact primarily through correspondence and periodicals, but in 1905 the first world congress of Esperanto speakers was held in Boulogne-sur-Mer, France. Since then world congresses have been held in different countries every year, except during the two World Wars.

In Germany, there was additional motivation to persecute Esperanto because Zamenhof was a Jew. In his work, Mein Kampf, Hitler mentioned Esperanto as an example of a language that would be used by an International Jewish Conspiracy once they achieved world domination. Esperantists were executed during the Holocaust, with Zamenhof's family in particular singled out for execution.
Post edited by phate on

Comments

• phate
    edited August 2008
    Conclusion:

As it stands today almost all people are fluent in Esperanto and as such I formally suggest that the Perfect World International Edition developers climb out from the 18th century rock they are living under and get with the times and release PWI in Esperanto. The only real reason not to do this is because you are a **** or **** sympathizer.

In conclusion I advise everyone to petition either in this thread to change the Language from English to Esperanto. Help grow the PWI to its full potential and let
  • zethus
    zethus Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    um dude have you ever heard of localized editions? That means people in your area that speak your vernacular. and more people can "speak" html than esperanto... and thanks for the copypasta.
  • zethus
    edited August 2008
    oh...and if you didn't catch on, PWI is North American Based.
  • phate
    edited August 2008
    I am fluent in English, Spanish, French, Russian, Chinese (Cantonese), Portugese, Esperanto, and to some extent Ebonics ... however this is called PWI and as such should be using a true international language.
  • zethus
    edited August 2008
    phate wrote: »
    I am fluent in English, Spanish, French, Russian, Chinese (Cantonese), Portugese, Esperanto, and to some extent Ebonics ... however this is called PWI and as such should be using a true international language.

/refers to above post.
  • phate
    edited August 2008
    /refers to OP
  • blackmoon
    blackmoon Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Why do you care...it's in English and you can read and play it , just enjoy it and don't complain about it - sorry about the complain comment if your not , just reads like it-
  • zethus
    edited August 2008
    makes nonsensical joke involving plankton.
  • phate
    edited August 2008
    Even plankton can see that there is some major Irony using the name Perfect World International, when it in fact should be called Perfect World North America if we are in fact using the language of North America.

The great Plankton Leader H.G. Cullingsworth is rolling around in his watery grave as we speak.
  • zethus
    edited August 2008
    Also english is more internationally used than Esperanto, even Latin has more users (me!) infact German is used more than Esperanto as a secondary language! So un-Jew it up (not an anti-semite).
  • troll
    troll Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    i like pie.
  • blackmoon
    edited August 2008
    Its actually funny how you are complaining about this xD
  • zethus
    edited August 2008
    troll wrote: »
    i like pie.
    I am uncertain if this is a real trolling, or just your run of the mill spammer who spends all day with his good'ole ctl+v?
  • phate
    edited August 2008
    I take that back, this is not ironic at all... This is smelling more and more like some sort of global conspiracy coordinated by sleeper **** cells.
  • zethus
    edited August 2008
    shipment_of_fail.jpg
    images don't work yet.
    :(
  • phate
    edited August 2008
    Zethus> I don't appreciate you using the term Jew. That is reserved for Jews like me to use. It is the equivalent of non Blacks using the N word. If you use it again I will be forced to report you to PWI for libelous, slanderous, racist, and religious bigotry.
  • zethus
    edited August 2008
    phate wrote: »
    Zethus> I don't appreciate you using the term Jew. That is reserved for Jews like me to use. It is the equivalent of non Blacks using the N word. If you use it again I will be forced to report you to PWI for libelous, slanderous, racist, and religious bigotry.

Then what are the Jews to be called?
  • phate
    edited August 2008
    You can refer to us as the chosen ones. Bella gerant alii.
  • troll
    edited August 2008
    zethus wrote: »
    I am against pie

are you saying you are prejudiced against the people of pie and all who speak its language.

i am shocked sir.
  • zethus
    edited August 2008
    nope, the term for you will now be EPH (Epic PHail)

@EPH "Vade retro satina, non suade mihi lux"
  • blackmoon
    edited August 2008
    Lmao xDD this is to funny
  • zethus
    edited August 2008
    are you saying you are prejudiced against the people of pie and all who speak its language.

i am shocked sir.

Yep, you caught me, I am a cupcake dude. It's just the frosting and the sprinkles that pie, well pie just can't give me those the way I need them. Also portability comes into play.
  • phate
    edited August 2008
    nope, the term for you will now be EPH (Epic PHail)

@EPH "Vade retro satina, non suade mihi lux"

I believe you meant to say Vade retro satana.
  • troll
    edited August 2008
    Yep, you caught me, I am a cupcake dude. It's just the frosting and the sprinkles that pie, well pie just can't give me those the way I need them. Also portability comes into play.

just because you prefer one over the other doesn't mean that you can disdain the first.

or is it the second.

bah, you get the point.
  • blackmoon
    edited August 2008
    phate , I think you should just take a pill haha
  • zethus
    edited August 2008
    No, that is the Roman Cathoic's St. Benedict's prayer if you do it that way, the way I said it means "put easiness behind me, let it not be my light."
  • phate
    edited August 2008
    Vade retro satana ("Step back, Satan") is a Medieval Catholic formula for exorcism, recorded in a 1415 manuscript found in the Abbey of Metten in Bavaria and traditionally attributed to Saint Benedict (480 through 547).

The second part roughly translates to, I wont be persuaded to do evil.

Please do your homework first. I hope you are not catholic because I am Jew and clearly I know more about this than you.
  • zethus
    edited August 2008
    just because you prefer one over the other doesn't mean that you can disdain the first.

or is it the second.

bah, you get the point.

I do and last night I had pie, rhubarb (spelling? [this is what I get for being a CS&M major]) pie.

I will agree sir, all should like pie!
  • senovit
    senovit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    We're supposed to learn a language from a guy who couldn't see the warning sign on the rat poison he was drinking? Damn jews.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zethus
    edited August 2008
    It's also on his {Benedict's} medal. So when I went to the Seminary for kicks and giggles Brother Pachomious tought me the second, more modern slang version of the oaths- vade retro satina.
This discussion has been closed.