Don't know if this reffering to the graphics card
And 80gig of hard space probley more

Will it be extremely laggy?
Post edited by josi on

Comments

• ryuuzaki
    ryuuzaki Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Probably not. If you do experience some graphical lag, try closing down any non-essential programs/processes. This will free up a little more system RAM for your primary applications.

It looks like you have an integrated graphics system, which isn't the best for 3D gaming.. but I think you'll be OK.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • josi
    josi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Thank you for replying.It's good to know that i'll be ok in this game cause i'm going to drown myself in it
  • ren
    ren Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    PW doesn't use much ram. But your onboard graphics are gonna make framerates blow, probably, and that's if it even runs at all.
    Onboard graphics are a complete joke.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint
  • josi
    edited August 2008
    Damn well thank you ren for giving me your info.Anybody else have any thoughts?
  • mac
    mac Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    i do, turn all settings on low, dont enable any effects.. i'd like to give a graphic display but i dont have the client yet..:D

you'll probably experience less than expected graphics but you'll have helluva lot better gameplay
  • soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I have. vista on a PC with only 1GB ram and a celeron CPU? Baaad idea. Use XP if you have that option, vista is only worth it with a dualcore and 2GB ram+
    And yeah, the onboard GPU will probably slow you down extremely, i don't know much about recent onboard GPUs
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ren
    edited August 2008
    soukyuu wrote: »
    I have. vista on a PC with only 1GB ram and a celeron CPU? Baaad idea. Use XP if you have that option, vista is only worth it with a dualcore and 2GB ram+
    And yeah, the onboard GPU will probably slow you down extremely, i don't know much about recent onboard GPUs
    The newest ones aren't too bad, but they still use shared memory (your actual system ram).
    First of all, cards use DDR3 which is much faster, second, since it's shared, that further reduces bandwidth.

I don't know about the actual processing power for onboard video, but it's certainly not going to compare to any dedicated card.
    edit: and yeah I can't recommend vista without at least 2gb ram and a modern cpu. even tweaked, vista still reduces performance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint
  • seph
    seph Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Minimum Requirements:
    Processor - Pentium 3 800 mhz
    Memory - 256 RAM
    Hard Disk Space - 2.5 GB
    Video Card - 64 MB Video Card

Recommended:
    Processor - Pentium 4 1.8 Ghz
    Memory - 512 RAM
    Hard Disk Space - 2.5 GB
    Video Card - 128 MB Video Card

try and sear next time before makng a thread, it was in the FAQ section.
  • ryuuzaki
    edited August 2008
    The specifications given are quite generic and don't take into consideration the type of GPU, the OS, or the settings of the game, and tell you what kind of performance you can expect from that.

If you went by the recommend requirements alone, the OP's computer should run the game perfectly on maximum settings... that most likely will not be the case, as you can see from the responses from people who've used other PW clients.

I would say it's adequate... not brilliant, but not too bad either. There's definitely worse systems out there. And like I said before, free up some RAM by closing down non-essential processes... making it available for your IGP to use. Maybe disable some of Vista's visual desktop effects, if you haven't already.

Remember to keep your PC free of malware/spyware etc. too.. they can eat up your processing power.

Otherwise, if you can... think about investing in another gigabyte of RAM for your system. That should make a bit of a difference to your PC in general.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ren
    edited August 2008
    ryuuzaki wrote: »
    Otherwise, if you can... think about investing in another gigabyte of RAM for your system. That should make a bit of a difference to your PC in general.
    Why would you upgrade an obsolete pc? I don't know his full specs, but from the sounds of it... it's probable.

1gb of ram is plenty, for the most part, if you're using XP and have a dedicated video card.
    I just hate how everyone says buy more ram without taking into considering where the real bottleneck is, which in his case would be the cpu and possibly the motherboard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • josi
    edited August 2008
    If i'm able to play the game at an adequate level then I'm perfectly happy. Thank so much for all your post
  • ryuuzaki
    edited August 2008
    ren wrote: »
    Why would you upgrade an obsolete pc? I don't know his full specs, but from the sounds of it... it's probable.

1gb of ram is plenty, for the most part, if you're using XP and have a dedicated video card.
    I just hate how everyone says buy more ram without taking into considering where the real bottleneck is, which in his case would be the cpu and possibly the motherboard.

It is plenty in that case, but if you read the original post... josi has Vista and what looks to be an integrated graphics system. Extra memory would be the cheapest and easiest way to boost overall performance.

Or downgrading back to XP, if you already have the disk. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • acrimony
    acrimony Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    The game will most likely function, but I wouldn't like to be in your shoes, using your sistem.
    Like ryuuzaki said, downgrade to XP (I don't see why people buy Vista in all honesty, unless you're using some PC at work over which you have little to no control on) and you will feel a MAJOR improvement in all the applications you run, not just Perfect World.

Oh and a tip for you and anyone considering installing WindowsXP (or any OS) - before plugging in your internet cable, PLEASE install a proper firewall and an anti-virus (this isn't all that important for now, but you really SHOULD have one running at all times) and then head STRAIGHT to windowsupdates (or fire up apt-get or whatever you're using ;) ) and update your OS so as to avoid turning into a spamming-machine-from-hell!
  • ren
    edited August 2008
    acrimony wrote: »
    Oh and a tip for you and anyone considering installing WindowsXP (or any OS) - before plugging in your internet cable, PLEASE install a proper firewall and an anti-virus (this isn't all that important for now, but you really SHOULD have one running at all times) and then head STRAIGHT to windowsupdates (or fire up apt-get or whatever you're using ;) ) and update your OS so as to avoid turning into a spamming-machine-from-hell!

Antivirus is useless if you know what you're doing, and a router is better than a software firewall.
    XP is extremely insecure prior to SP2, so make sure you slipstream SP3 onto an XP image, having an SP0 or 1 pc connected to the internet without a hardware firewall, even long enough to use windows update, is a very bad idea..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • soukyuu
    edited August 2008
    the only thing a software firewall is good for is blocking certain programs from "calling home"
    about the antivirus, i usually have the resident shield disabled, since i know what i'm doing. If i want to be sure, i'll run a scan.
    Oh and vista isn't as bad as many try to make it. Read here about what Microsoft recently did. I think it's funny. *is Vista SP1 x64 user and won't downgrade to XP*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ren
    edited August 2008
    Oh and vista isn't as bad as many try to make it. Read here about what Microsoft recently did. I think it's funny. *is Vista SP1 x64 user and won't downgrade to XP*

It's not AS bad, but it's still pretty bad:
    -They won't release a vLite style program (which is needed, because vLite doesn't work 90% of the time... ugh) to simplify the 3 hours of tweaks needed upon a fresh install
    -Have to be logged in as true admin or I can't use most of my partitions (Having to take file ownership is ****, and may break dual-boot compatibility, especially since XP can't take ownership of Vista's files it seems)
    -This one's made me refuse to support MS since XP: you should not need internet to install an OS. period.
    -MS is insanely rich, yet they are still selling their OS for ripoff prices. $70-ish tops, sure, $90+ go **** yourself.
    -Gaming monopoly. They need to be sued silly until they can ensure that all commercial games can be made to work on mac os or linux.
    -THEY WON'T LET US CHANGE THE F*ING TCP LIMIT. There is no logical reason that people should have to use potentially harmful 3rd party hacks to undo it so that they can use programs like BT. The limit barely reduces virus spreading, and since Vista, it's much harder and potentially damaging to edit tcpip.sys. I can't even connect to Share at all when torrent is running because of the tcp limit...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • soukyuu
    edited August 2008
    you know, this UAC is actually what pissed me off on linux - whatever you want to do, you have to enter the root password, so vista is not really different.

i have UAC turned off from the beginning and it's not different from XP then.
    And vLite worked for me every time so far. Don't forget the app is still young, unlike nLite.

Prices, i don't know, it doesn't really have something to do with the OS itself, it's microsoft's policy. And since i'm an IT student, i get all windows for free anyway :D

The TCP limit only limits connections per second, not the overall connection count, so if you configure your clients correctly, you won't have problems to connect. I agree it takes longer than w/o limit though. And since XP already had the limit too, it's not a reason to hate Vista.

What i want to say is, there are too many people who have prejudices, try it out yourself and try to understand how it works. That's why there is a 30 day period where you donT' even need to enter a key.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ren
    edited August 2008
    The TCP limit only limits connections per second, not the overall connection count, so if you configure your clients correctly, you won't have problems to connect. I agree it takes longer than w/o limit though. And since XP already had the limit too, it's not a reason to hate Vista.

It's much more annoying to fix in vista, and you've clearly never tried to use share with torrent or you wouldn't be talking.

MS has no right to dictate what our computer can do or what we can do with it just because they "feel" **** over a few competent users is worth helping the incompetent users stop spreading and recieving viruses, etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • soukyuu
    edited August 2008
    It's much more annoying to fix in vista, and you've clearly never tried to use share with torrent or you wouldn't be talking.
    using share & torrent at the same time is suicide for me anyway, minimum upload in share is 50Kb/s and my line only has 15Kb/s =_=
    So the moment i start up share my line is blocked with it and torrent won't run. I don't know which type of connection you have, but this might affect you too, unless you got it working on XP.

Since i'm using torrent on my old machine, i don't have to deal with Vista's TCP lock.
    MS has no right to dictate what our computer can do or what we can do with it just because they "feel" **** over a few competent users is worth helping the incompetent users stop spreading and recieving viruses, etc.
    Well it's their OS so they do have the rights to do anything they want :D
    If you don't like it then you are pretty much forced to either **** or change OSes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • josi
    edited August 2008
    I can't change my OS.But right now i'm looking for a good graphics card. I only have one problem is that I don't know which one to get or how to install it.I wanna install it myself
  • ryuuzaki
    edited August 2008
    Hmm.. well what make and model is your PC? If we can find the specification sheet for it, we can hopefully give you a shortlist of compatible cards.

Installing a graphics card is incredibly easy. It's just a case of sticking it in the appropriate slot on the motherboard (and it should only fit in one kind of slot). Secure it with a ****, and attach your video cable. ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ren
    edited August 2008
    using share & torrent at the same time is suicide for me anyway, minimum upload in share is 50Kb/s and my line only has 15Kb/s =_=

That's what netlimiter or netpeeker are for. But it won't solve the tcp limit killing one program or the other.
    When I changed the limit, share and torrent both worked normally, so it's MS's fault.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • josi
    edited August 2008
    My computer is an HP-pavilion. Do you need the model number?
  • ryuuzaki
    edited August 2008
    josi wrote: »

Yup... there's a lot of Pavilion desktops out there, and they can be quite different.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ren
    edited August 2008
    josi wrote: »
    When choosing a graphics card, things to consider are:
    -Power supply. What's the wattage, what's the combined amperage on the 12v rail(s)? Some cards have a heavy requirement. Most new cards require either 2 4-pin power connectors or one 6 pin PCI-e one.
    -What will you be playing, if it's just a non-resource intense game like PW a cheap card like 9600 or even 8600 will get you by. Even your onboard might get you by, so check by downloading PW-MY first: I can't really recommend upgrading an obsolete pc.
    -What is your video card slot, or do you even have one? Some boards with onboard video don't have an AGP or PCI-e x16 slot, only PCI.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • josi
    edited August 2008
    Wow thats hard.But i'll try and find that info.Also I just installed PW-my though the settings are relatively low.Though adding(if possible) might help me see the game better thats really what I want.Also ryuuzuki my model number is KC829AV-ABA a6300t

This is some info I tried to find online about my PC.Sorry for being ignorant it's just this was a gift from my sister
    Included features
    Included features Specification
    Motherboard Name

ASUS: IPILP-LC
    HP: Lancaster8-GL6

Chipset

Intel 945GC

Memory

Memory slots: 2 DIMMS
    2 GB (2 x 1 GB)

Front-side-bus (processor dependent)

800 MHz

Power output wattage

250 Watt

Expansion Slots

PCI: 2
    PCI Express x16: 1
    PCI Express x1: 1

Drive Bays

5.25" external: 2
    3.5" external: 1
    3.5" internal: 2

Graphics

Integrated Graphics (Intel GMA 950 Graphics)

Sound

5.1 capable sound with front audio ports (integrated)

Software-full versions

HP Photosmart Essential 2
    CyberLink DVD Suite 5 (in models with an optical burner)
    LightScribe Template Labeler (in models with LightScribe optical drive)
    HP DVD Play 2.4 (in models with DVD drive and Vista Home Basic or Business)
    HP DVD Play HD DVD 2.4 (in models with HD DVD drive)
    HP DVD Play HD DVD/BD 2.4 (in models with HD DVD/BD drive)
    muvee autoProducer Basic or muvee autoProducer (version installed varies by model
    Adobe Acrobat Reader
    Microsoft Works 9*
    My HP Games

*May not be installed if upgraded software ordered.
    Software-introductory versions

Microsoft Office Home and Student Edition 2007 Trial (60-day security update subscription)
    Norton Internet Security 2008 (60-day security update subscription)
  • ren
    edited August 2008
    You'll be able to use any modern PCI-e card then, but only if your power supply is good enough, I cant find any info on yours. If you have insufficient power for a card, your pc will reboot/bsod and funky stuff like that. Just a forewarning: some vendors use horrible cases, and long video cards will barely fit or not at all. It's largely why I tell everyone to build their own PC, as well as the fact that they tend to give an insufficient power supply.

You can take a pic of the sticker on your power supply and show us if you don't know what any of it means.
    Edit: Did I just read 250 watts? Oh God..

I recommend newegg.com for buying parts online, and I'd personally advise against used/open box. They've got awesome custom support in my experience.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • josi
    edited August 2008
    My PC suck yes I know but i'm poor so I really could not afford too much.Ren thank you very much you've been the most help to me.
  • monkeybone
    monkeybone Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    ren, you seem to be in someway good at computers, still you have a view on some things that remind me of a prety young child...
    for example:
    -MS is insanely rich, yet they are still selling their OS for ripoff prices. $70-ish tops, sure, $90+ go **** yourself.
    ripoff prices??? 70-90+ $ are ripoff prices for a OS??? Do i have to remind you that a OS is something far more bigger and harder to make than a normal 20-30 $ software??? A OS has to make the connection between your hardware and your software. And since you have many kinds of software (for networking, for graphics, for music, for coding, for gaming, etc) it has to be very good programed. You can take linux as a simple example: It's good in some domains but heavily lacks in others + that it's not userfriendly. Even if you admit it of not but the MS OS are the best on the market. [/quote]
    -Gaming monopoly. They need to be sued silly until they can ensure that all commercial games can be made to work on mac os or linux.

What the heck has MS to do with the fact that the gaming companies don't see the profit for making their game compatible with MAC or linux??? MS distributes the OS, game companies deliver the games and users chose to have/stay or not Windows as their OS... Customers demands are what make the gamecompanies to decide on the OS compatibilities...
    You are right. they have no right to dictate us what to do or not to do with our COMPUTER. They have EVERY right to dictate what to do or not to do with THEIR OS.
  • iry
    iry Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    monkeybone
    you have a view on some things that remind me of a prety young child...

ripoff prices??? 70-90+ $ are ripoff prices for a OS??? Do i have to remind you that a OS is something far more bigger and harder to make than a normal 20-30 $ software???
    Amazing how linux distros pulls it off for free.
    ou can take linux as a simple example: It's good in some domains but heavily lacks in others + that it's not userfriendly.
    Agreed. It lacks bad performance, bugs, limits, restrictions and poor security.

P.S.
    Linux is a general name like Windows. Theres different versions. Some are more user friendly than windows.
    Customers demands are what make the gamecompanies to decide on the OS compatibilities...
    Never taken a business course? When your a big company theres one thing you always do this: Ignore the customer and make profit because they buy it anyways.
    As for the person complaining about games not running on linux, try WINE.
    They have EVERY right to dictate what to do or not to do with THEIR OS.
    Good thing we dont use it right? Oh... ****...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    1perfectworld.com , the best resource for everything Perfect World.
    We got quest guides, cultivation guides, noob guides. If it can be a guide, its there.
    We also got free guild forums :D
    Now with flame forums and trading for CB/OB