Memory: 2558MB RAM
    Operating System: Windows Vista
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT

can i run it max?
  • ren
    ren Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    monkeybone wrote: »
    Even if you admit it of not but the MS OS are the best on the market.
    Sorry to burst your bubble dood but windows sucks. The only reason anyone uses it is because there's way too many programs that won't even work in WINE. If I could run modern games and japanese filesharing programs like SHARE in linux, I'd permanently uninstall windows in favor of Gentoo.

As for your price comment, that's wonderfully naieve of you, MS fanboy. MS is ludicrously rich for a reason: they RIP US OFF. And also don't give a **** about us, the end end user, at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint
  • acrimony
    acrimony Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Will I ever see a forum that does not have a MS Sucks - Linux rocks - Mac is better then all of you ? Well since I obviously can't be better then you (I am after all replying to this lil piece`o`flame) I shall join you fine people!

Different OSs play different key roles, and are deployed as such - as much as I appreciate the effort and time put into the desktop versions of any and all nix flavours they are NOT EVEN CLOSE to the level of refinement that Microsoft has on it's desktop (and Microsoft does worst then Apple imho, altho I personally dislike all mac's just because I wasnt able to buy one a looong time ago - yes I am biased!).

Microsoft is very rich and it shouldn't be charge us more then 1$ to use their products... *sigh* MS is a business, what a business does (or what it should do for you to keep it running) is print money (figure of speech, remeber kids, printing money and then going to the local supermarket and buying candy with it is a good way to get into jail! DON'T DO DRUGS!). Microsoft has done an excellent job of doing that and I doubt anyone can dispute that.

The way Microsoft did make the big money - by forcing developers into corners and not providing APIs and such unless they fork over money, is indeed, despicable. As is the way they made their OS popular with the IT-using giants of the world (think of the huge telephony operators and such) - but in present day and time more and more business are switching their SERVERS to differnt OSs.

Microsoft keeping developers from developing their games for different platforms? Mate you need to get your facts straight, but that's already been mentioned. Game compaines don't produce stuff for linux cause of 2 huge issues: 1. customer base (or lack thereof), 2. form in which the application is distributed (cause everyone uses Gentoo this month, Ubuntu next month, and *shudder* Mandriva the next) - you try building binaries for umpteen distros AND keeping them working on the new systems.

About MS having the "right" to do what it pleases with it's operating system (this is directed at monkeybone) - the fact that you agree with something like that baffels me. How would you like it if you could only ever use your spoon the way the producer said? What if he gave you an EULA that said - upon buying said spoon, you will only be allowed to use it with jars of cherry-flavoured marmalade ?
    You're going to say it's not the same thing, well actually it is. MS reserves the right to tell you what you can do with your product and furthermore you give them the right to do WHAT THEY WANT with your OS WHEN THEY WANT (you don't have to trust me, go through the EULA, at the section where you're informed about what MS has the right to do when you update their software). While it is their software and I accept that I should not reverse-engineer or attempt to make it fail in un-natural circumstances, that in no way entails them to ownership over the machine the OS is running on - and yes the OS is using MY equipment, MY electricity and, ultimatley - MY time. If they wanna treat the whole thing as a lease/loan then why not have them pay US royalties for using our equipment to run THEIR software?

That being said, I'm still going to be using Windows (xp because vista is garbage+bloatware) - I'm also using it fairly (got it free as well as a free license for windows vista business, and a sleugh of other MS products) because for better or worst it does what I want it to do, and has the largest assortment of software of any of the other platforms.
    I want to make this clear: Windows is NOT the best software out on the market, it however does the best compound job of any of the operating systems and because of it has tons of software dedicated to it and (mostly) only usable under said OS.
  • ren
    edited August 2008
    I'm not exactly saying MS should give their software out free... for the price they currently charge we should be getting better tailorability, less bloat, and not having to ****ing connect to the internet just to keep the OS functioning.

$70-90 would still be a large profit margin for them. Hell, they sell student copies for $15.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint
  • soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    acrimony wrote: »
    because vista is garbage+bloatware
    List some points why it's bloatware please.
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bayport
    bayport Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    just a lil tip when the game does come out

keep v-sync off

its a frame rate killer and well it doesn't really do anything that fantastic when its on...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bayport - Archer
    Server - PvP East
  • ren
    edited August 2008
    soukyuu wrote: »
    List some points why it's bloatware please.

Oh god, you've got to be kidding...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • soukyuu
    edited August 2008
    no i'm serious. some people list things they think are bloatware but it actually just something that functions different than in the previous version. so i want to know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • iry
    iry Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    no i'm serious. some people list things they think are bloatware but it actually just something that functions different than in the previous version. so i want to know.

UAC
    Side bar
    ctrl+alt+del not pulling up task manager, but instead opening up another page which maxes my CPU (x2 5000+ BE)

problems:
    requiring digitally signed drivers. The work-around doesnt work after updating either.

Cant think of any other, used it for 10 mins before I got a headache of all these pop-ups wanting me to say 'Do it' for the 5th time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    1perfectworld.com , the best resource for everything Perfect World.
    We got quest guides, cultivation guides, noob guides. If it can be a guide, its there.
    We also got free guild forums :D
    Now with flame forums and trading for CB/OB
  • soukyuu
    edited August 2008
    UAC & Sidebar - you can turn it off (and even remove via vLite)
    ctrl+alt+del page pops up in <1 sec on my T7250 (2.0Ghz), plus there was another combo to start task manager directly, i think something like ctrl+alt+backspace?

Digitally signed drivers? Don't know about that, so far i didn't have any driver problems here.
    If you have older hardware then you shouldn't use Vista, but on new hardware it works fine.

I still see no difference between UAC & linux's root pass prompt on nearly everything i want to do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ren
    edited August 2008
    Digitally signed drivers? Don't know about that, so far i didn't have any driver problems here.
    If you have older hardware then you shouldn't use Vista, but on new hardware it works fine.
    Vista 32 doesn't require signed drivers, as far as I know, so that may be why.
    I lol at anyone using Vista 32. Might as well upgrade to XP if you aren't going to use 64 bit.

If you try to fix tcpip.sys, you'll see why it's a real pisser to "need" signed drivers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • soukyuu
    edited August 2008
    i'm using Vista x64.
    gonna take a look at that tcpip.sys in a few days.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • refielle
    refielle Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    seph wrote: »
    Minimum Requirements:
    Processor - Pentium 3 800 mhz
    Memory - 256 RAM
    Hard Disk Space - 2.5 GB
    Video Card - 64 MB Video Card

Recommended:
    Processor - Pentium 4 1.8 Ghz
    Memory - 512 RAM
    Hard Disk Space - 2.5 GB
    Video Card - 128 MB Video Card

try and sear next time before makng a thread, it was in the FAQ section.

After complete game update and pressing 'strat' button I can see main page. There is no text, no buttons etc, only background. Few seconds later my computer reboots.

I was wondering what may cause this problem.
    My computer:
    Processor - 1,5 Ghz
    Memory - 512 RAM
    Hard Disk Space - much more than 2,5 GB
    Video Card - 64 Mb Video Card
    Win XP

I suppose that it's video card's fault. However I'm asking here to make sure because my card suits to minimal requirements and I have already played other games where 64Mb Video Card was a minimal requirement and I didn't have any problems with playing.
    Maybe changing settings could help?
  • deslug
    deslug Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Well when i play the frame rate is 10/15 whit all on low HELP

i have

amd sempron 2400+ {1.8 ghz}
    1.25 gb ram
    nvidia gforce 7900 gs 512 mb
    win xp
  • ren
    edited August 2008
    deslug wrote: »
    Well when i play the frame rate is 10/15 whit all on low HELP

i have

amd sempron 2400+ {1.8 ghz}
    1.25 gb ram
    nvidia gforce 7900 gs 512 mb
    win xp

o_O try turning shadows off? I ran PW-MY on a much worse pc than that on high...

edit: oh wait, all on low... only thing I can think of is you must have spyware or running too much garbage. Try closing any uneeded processes like antivirus, services, etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ecchicrazed
    ecchicrazed Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Ok here are my PC specs.

Windows XP
    1.8 Ghz CPU
    512 MB of RAM
    Nvidia Geforce 6100 with 3D accelerator

would the game run well on my pc?