is Rambo style possible? ^^

severan
severan Posts: 703 Arc User
edited November 2010 in Arigora Colosseum
i was just wondering if this is possible in PW, you have a character that can tank and deal descent damage, would it be possible take on 5 or more chars same level as the char and win?

which char can mass murder?
Sever: Lost City
Making players RageQuit since 2004

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hello, You have reached Severan on The RQ carebear's automated phone system
To tell me I've got no life and I live in my mom's basement, press 1. To tell me that you are logging on your level 90 character to kick the **** out of me, press 2. To tell me that your friend is a GM and you're getting me banned, press 3. To tell me RQ is going to fail and talk more **** about RunQuick press 4. If none of these options fit your need please hold the line for idiot assistance, they will be with you shortly...
Post edited by severan on

Comments

• lamerking
    lamerking Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    GM Class.
    Seriously ... Why everybody want to be a god in mmorpg ? Just play and have fun :)
    ~Lamerking
    IGN : MADJACK
    SERVER : Lost City (PVP)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • feeefeee
    feeefeee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    i play this... u can look like, but ... u cant tank 50 persons at same time and... still alive,

but if u can ... ill kiss your feet

see ya =D
  • sphinx
    sphinx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    you can't.... but you can always try and see how you do
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • blaze
    blaze Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    At lvl 30-40 a WB can pretty much tank 5 people at the same time... it's hard to kill those people tho (except Mages+Priests, they are an easy pick... forget about archers at that lvl tho lol)

At later lvls that will change again and you will prolly be able to tank 2-3 guys (watch out for mages+archers tho... their damage is way higher now and archers crit alot >_> + priests have a debuff which will reduce your m/p def))
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    severan wrote: »
    i was just wondering if this is possible in PW, you have a character that can tank and deal descent damage, would it be possible take on 5 or more chars same level as the char and win?

Not of the same level. However, a maxed out Barbarian (30k hp) would be able to take on 5 level 80 Blademasters and win. He could also take on 200 level 70 Venomancers and win due to Perdition :cool:
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • junk
    junk Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    severan wrote: »

If there would be a character that could take on 5 or more chars of the same level and win, everyone would play that character, hence he would no longer be able to take on 5 or more chars of the same level, as they would be all carbon copies of him.

If you want to mass murder, grab an AoE class (pretty much anyone), level to 105, go in the 3x zone, start a drop party, and when noobs gather around to pick up your loot AoE them all. Enjoy your 4234423x combo kill.
  • senovit
    senovit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    ark wrote: »
    Not of the same level. However, a maxed out Barbarian (30k hp) would be able to take on 5 level 80 Blademasters and win. He could also take on 200 level 70 Venomancers and win due to Perdition :cool:

200 stacked Ripping Bites = Death. GG
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • faruxue
    faruxue Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    you cant stack ripping bite, the next one overwrites the previous one.

:mad::mad::mad:
    ULTIMATE TOPIC:
    See 3 RQ get owned by 1 WB
    copy and paste onto your web link
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=33421
  • arcane
    arcane Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    1 Werebeast could Perdition a whole party and whipe them. Theyd need to be a couple levels under though unless it crit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doin' it my way.
  • splice
    splice Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    if u guys put it like that then an axe wr can also do that with his ulti and another aoe :)
  • blaze
    edited July 2008
    Perdition is overrated, believe me.
    Go for WR, EP (or MG) :x they can actually wipe out whole parties.

Serioulsy a WR+EP combo owns.
  • ren
    ren Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    faruxue wrote: »
    you cant stack ripping bite, the next one overwrites the previous one.

:mad::mad::mad:

It used to stack, I heard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint
  • severan
    edited July 2008
    serious?! :eek:

what about skill of the player who plays the char? and strategy? its not just blind **** and slash right?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

To tell me I've got no life and I live in my mom's basement, press 1. To tell me that you are logging on your level 90 character to kick the **** out of me, press 2. To tell me that your friend is a GM and you're getting me banned, press 3. To tell me RQ is going to fail and talk more **** about RunQuick press 4. If none of these options fit your need please hold the line for idiot assistance, they will be with you shortly...
  • zezix
    zezix Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    I think a good Barbarian can tank 2-3 people at once if he knows how to do it. Maybe not 2 archers though. That'd be tough..
  • puppetsoul
    puppetsoul Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008

I lol'd.

No buffs + constant 70% accuracy reduction means you get double digit accuracy against a class with quad digit dodge. Good luck with that.

Yeah, on the 0.0000000000000001% chance that that Perdition hits, their heiro will tick but they won't die because you only have ~8k hp once all your buffs are stripped and replaced with a wonderful -20% maxHP Holy Amp curse. On the 99.9999999999% chance it doesn't, you'll get your heiro bled out and **** over a period of about five minutes. In either case the fraps of it will play to the Benny Hill theme.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ark
    edited July 2008
    puppetsoul wrote: »
    I lol'd.

No buffs + constant 70% accuracy reduction means you get double digit accuracy against a class with quad digit dodge. Good luck with that.

Yeah, on the 0.0000000000000001% chance that that Perdition hits, their heiro will tick but they won't die because you only have ~8k hp once all your buffs are stripped and replaced with a wonderful -20% maxHP Holy Amp curse. On the 99.9999999999% chance it doesn't, you'll get your heiro bled out and **** over a period of about five minutes. In either case the fraps of it will play to the Benny Hill theme.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Really. A Barbarian at, say, level 80 has 80 agility. With 80 agility, you equip two LY rings for 1600 accuracy. 1600 = 3200 with Bloodbath. 3200 + accuracy pills = 10k+ accuracy. 10k+ accuracy = 1% chance to miss. Even without accuracy pills, 3200 accuracy is more than enough for any class(except EA). And without LY, accuracy pills at 1600 give you 8900 accuracy - that's more than enough for any class at all.

. :cool:
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • severan
    edited July 2008
    err can someone translate those above replies to "noob" language for me... i'm new to PW T_T

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• blaze
    edited July 2008
    basically puppetsoul is right and ark talks ****, the 200 WFs will kill the werebeast in a few seconds
  • faruxue
    faruxue Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    yes they do... Not with holy amp though, lvl 70 with lvl 99 skills?

Good luck getting 99 first, then finding the book. LMAO. Dont talk those stuff when it's clearly unrealistic.
    ULTIMATE TOPIC:
    See 3 RQ get owned by 1 WB
    copy and paste onto your web link
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=33421
  • russel
    russel Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    He could also take on 200 level 70 Venomancers and win due to Perdition :cool:

Yeah a full buffed WB can also take down 500 MG's and EP's simultaneously...
  • monkeybone
    monkeybone Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    @russel
    a full buffed WB would fail against a good WF. The unbuff of the WF's foxform will make the WB be as dangerous as a bunny...
    A Barbarian at, say, level 80 has 800 agility.

Are you on crack? You get 5 stat points per level up... level 80 => 400 stat points.
    Even with buffs and other stuffs you won't get those 800...
    Btw, don't forget that buffs are useless against WF.
  • ark
    edited August 2008
    Oops, I meant 80 agility. If it were 800, lol, then the stats would be 10x higher than those I mentioned. And yes, a perdition could take out 200 WFs if they were all conveniently gathered at the same spot, reasonable lower-levelled, and if you caught them by surprise.
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • russel
    edited August 2008
    monkeybone wrote: »
    @russel
    a full buffed WB would fail against a good WF. The unbuff of the WF's foxform will make the WB be as dangerous as a bunny...

I know. The ridiculous remark of a WB taking out 200 WF's wasn't my remark. A heavy WF is hard to take down.
  • ark
    edited August 2008
    russel wrote: »
    I know. The ridiculous remark of a WB taking out 200 WF's wasn't my remark. A heavy WF is hard to take down.

Under the names circumstances, it's a possibility. Though, it'll never happen.
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • russel
    edited August 2008
    Under the names circumstances, it's a possibility. Though, it'll never happen.

With that argument everything is possible.
    A lvl 30 wr can take out a thousand lvl100WB's..... if all WB's were afk.
  • nihonjin
    nihonjin Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    LOL you are dreaming...... a lvl 30 WR cant even kill a WB lvl60+ when he is afk.... ofcourse when they are using hieros... but who the heck will be playing without a hiero and that as a Tank?? So wanna kill a lvl 100 WB with a lvl 30WR?? gonna take a whole day for just 1......
  • ark
    edited August 2008
    russel wrote: »
    With that argument everything is possible.
    A lvl 30 wr can take out a thousand lvl100WB's..... if all WB's were afk.

Well, first, I meant at the same time. Secondly, a level 30 WR can only take out a level 100 WB if he doesn't have a heiro, and even then it would take forever to kill one.
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • puppetsoul
    puppetsoul Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    faruxue wrote: »
    yes they do... Not with holy amp though, lvl 70 with lvl 99 skills?

Good luck getting 99 first, then finding the book. LMAO. Dont talk those stuff when it's clearly unrealistic.

Yeah, in a realistic scenario:

Debuffing bloodbath halves the damage Perdition would do.
    Debuffing the MaxHP increase halves the damage Perdition would do.
    Debuffing bloodbath and pills leaves a WB with pathetic accuracy.
    Debuffing all the regen buffs/pots leaves a WB with only Tail Swing and Fury Burst to regen HP. The former won't hit and the latter can not only be cursed to never be available, but can be wiped.

Not to mention a dual armor fox is sitting at ~90% physical damage reduction in heavy.

So... yeah... 64k dmg (from a 30k hp WB) /3 for PvP, then /2 for loss of bloodbath, then /2 for loss of MaxHP buff, then /10 for heavy... FIVE HUNDRED DAMAGE. Oh my god, somebody call an ambulance, I'm in desperate need of a bandaid for that papercut! If we throw on Bramble Array we can further reduce that by 75% to a buck fifty, then throw on the pet damage debuff and it's in the double digits.

Buff wipe owns WB.

So unless a max buffed WB somehow manages to sneak up on your PvE build WF while you're grinding in cloth and pull off that perdition... >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • senovit
    senovit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Perdition is a beautiful thing when you see the WB's hp drop to hell and a little MISS rises above your head. Hexmist is godly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • severan
    edited August 2008
    i so need to catch up with all this *arg*

does anyone have a PW pvp guide for noobs?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This discussion has been closed.