Same sex marriage

124»

Comments

• kazuma
    kazuma Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    May I add to this topic?
    Well PW is a game for everyone, everyone should accept that, If you ask me, homosexual people should be allowed to at least express themselves in an apporopriate manner.
    Im not saying that homesexual beings should practically have sex (LOL jokey) But like it honestly is or should be welcome to all. I have many homosexual friends and they hate it when they are called, '****' Especially when it's in a case of same sex marriages, you have to remember that homosexuals are humas also, and are intitled to their right's, am I right?
    So really if little 10 year olds do play, I think that if they're palying complex MMORPG's like this then aren't they mature?
    People CAN live with homosexual's it's not a crime, (Im not stating anyone is a homophobic or a homo-hater) people can deal with it, right?
    Get over it, if same sex marriages are allowed, they're allowed, personally most of my homesexual friends dont tend to play games. xD. So really, let same sex marriages be allowed, people can live with it, no matter how, "Ugly and wrong some people say it is." (Not suggesting anyone means that.)

~ Thanks for reading I mean all of that in good heart.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]If only deathnote was that simple...
  • snaptrap
    snaptrap Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    kazuma wrote: »
    May I add to this topic?
    Well PW is a game for everyone, everyone should accept that, If you ask me, homosexual people should be allowed to at least express themselves in an apporopriate manner.
    Im not saying that homesexual beings should practically have sex (LOL jokey) But like it honestly is or should be welcome to all. I have many homosexual friends and they hate it when they are called, '****' Especially when it's in a case of same sex marriages, you have to remember that homosexuals are humas also, and are intitled to their right's, am I right?
    So really if little 10 year olds do play, I think that if they're palying complex MMORPG's like this then aren't they mature?
    People CAN live with homosexual's it's not a crime, (Im not stating anyone is a homophobic or a homo-hater) people can deal with it, right?
    Get over it, if same sex marriages are allowed, they're allowed, personally most of my homesexual friends dont tend to play games. xD. So really, let same sex marriages be allowed, people can live with it, no matter how, "Ugly and wrong some people say it is." (Not suggesting anyone means that.)

You're missing the point. This would open the doors to every form of perversion out there. The game has a model that the company intends to follow, and I'm afraid it doesn't include homosexuality. If some people want to get digitally screwed up the ****, then there's games out there for them. This is a game for everyone, and PW Beijing intends to keep it that way, otherwise they'll strip the license away from anyone who intends to break it.
  • junk
    junk Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    snaptrap wrote: »
    You're missing the point. This would open the doors to every form of perversion out there. The game has a model that the company intends to follow, and I'm afraid it doesn't include homosexuality. If some people want to get digitally screwed up the ****, then there's games out there for them. This is a game for everyone, and PW Beijing intends to keep it that way, otherwise they'll strip the license away from anyone who intends to break it.

Homosexuality is a sexual orientation not a perversion.
    BDSM is a perversion.
    And they're not asking for digital sex, as opposed to being able to marry a player which may be the opposite gender in real life but plays that character for the looks. I'm male and I always play female characters. I could want to marry a female that's also a girl in real life; that wouldn't be ****. Then again I wouldn't marry ingame because the only thing more pathetic than that is owning a body pillow.
  • kazuma
    kazuma Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    You make a valid point.
    In that case it ws silly of me to post that, I was just trying to state all that is all. =p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]If only deathnote was that simple...
  • snaptrap
    snaptrap Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    junk wrote: »
    Homosexuality is a sexual orientation not a perversion.
    BDSM is a perversion.
    And they're not asking for digital sex, as opposed to being able to marry a player which may be the opposite gender in real life but plays that character for the looks. I'm male and I always play female characters. I could want to marry a female that's also a girl in real life; that wouldn't be ****. Then again I wouldn't marry ingame because the only thing more pathetic than that is owning a body pillow.

Anything that is not morally right or natural is considered perverted. 20 years from now we'll be hearing the same whining coming from people who have sex with animals. Before you know it, people will be marrying animals too. Some countries still have moral and ethical values.

It's not going to happen. End of discussion.
  • lena
    lena Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited July 2008

I dont think its about getting digitally screwed up the **** as you put it hun but I think its about giving them a choice..even if its just the male buds have arms around each other for doing something good ^.^ theres nothing sexual about that but will be enough to appease the same gender couples but in saying that hun...there are kids in the game and they dont need to see 2 men or 2 women kissin they will see that when they are older. :)
    kazuma wrote: »
    May I add to this topic?

Thanks for the read suga now I have no problems with Homosexuals what so ever alot of my friends are and my daughters godfather happens to be one also but another thing you have to realize is that children will be playing the game also and they dont need to see 2 males hoist cuddling and kissing if it was 2 females most males would think its hot lol however if they dont implement it the more feminine of the couple could always play a female char and the more masculine of the couple can always play a male but like snaptrap said hun The game has a model that the company intends to follow, and I'm afraid it may not include homosexuality its just something everyone has got to live with its still an awesome game though even if they dont allow same sex marriages m^.^m~
    You Were Never Meant To Arrive In Hell Looking Like A Fashion Plate...Rather To Slide In Backwards..Glass Of Wine In Hand..Hair In Disarray..Totally Exhausted.... Screaming man what a ride !!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • junk
    junk Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Anything that is not morally right or natural is considered perverted. 20 years from now we'll be hearing the same whining coming from people who have sex with animals. Before you know it, people will be marrying animals too. Some countries still have moral and ethical values.

It's not going to happen. End of discussion.

It's not morally right for two people who love eachother but happen to have the same gender to marry? Yet if a girl marries someone just for his money and social status (look at most of the couples you see on the street), it's perfectly acceptable and fine. I've heard plenty of stories about women who lied about using contraceptives to trick men into paying social support. Or marying only to divorce short after, leaving with half of the fool's posessions. But that's all fine and socially acceptable because they have the same gender. Your sense of morality is flawed. Society doesn't have morals and ethics anymore, just make-believe to keep people feeling comfortable. Your notions of right and wrong come from popular opinion and you probably gave no thought to what your were believing in before accepting it as the 'good' way to judge people and their interactions.
  • nounours
    nounours Posts: 453
    edited July 2008
    can We Marry Our Pets Pls?
  • mandie
    mandie Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Since most of the post are opinion based lets review the facts:

1. It is highly doubtful that this game will have **** marriage (maybe same gender cuddle to help transportation. but no kissing), because it is international and reflect many cultural differences.

2. **** marriages might cause many players to leave = less money. While not having **** marriage **** people will still play.

3. About children, most parents do not allow their children to see sexual acts until they are old enough. But sex is a natural thing, just as with seeing **** people the parents will not allow their kids to play it if they see it.

Now try to look at this fairly:

1. I read that some people refer to **** as being ugly and disgusting so they should not even exist. If a person walks down the street that has a mutated face do you tell them to go back to put a bag over their face or kill themselves. Everyone has their own opinion, so learn to adjust because that's what life is, you can't expect that you are always right.

2. Let people do what they want as long as they are not hurting anybody, yes i don't like to walk down the street and see too guy tonguing each other, so i look the other way, problem solve. Nor do i like staring at a straight couple making out.

Definition of normal:

1. Conforming to the standard or the common type; usual; not abnormal; regular; natural.

2. Society set the standard of what normal is, if you could take the same baby and raise it in every different culture it would grow up having different views of what normal is each time.

I don't have anything against **** people, but i do have problems with people bashing them about how they are not normal and disgusting. Would i like to have **** friends, i rather not. But would i help them if they are in trouble, of course i would treat them like any other human being.
  • animefan
    animefan Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    nounours wrote: »
    can We Marry Our Pets Pls?

Yes, I'd like to marry a cute bunny, or maybe a flying piglet :p
  • legendzeratul
    legendzeratul Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Not every country allows same sex marriage. Especially in China, where the majority hates same sex marriages.
  • xieveral
    xieveral Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    sahrai wrote: »
    You two have got to be the most ignorant people I have come across on these forums.

Seconded.One does not have to accept the ideas but simply respect each side's views.
    nounours wrote: »

I AM 17, and yes i think its something important, because when 2 persones love each other and play always together i think it is great to join those 2 chars.
    and besides after i get married ,stupid other player stoped asking my gf char culddle.
    Love is something eternal and wonderful,
    you can die for the person you love!
    LOVE IS the only good thing in humains kind!

AND HOW OLD ARE YOU, YOU? NOT TO UNDERSTAND LOVE!!

My word! A 17 year-old that knows about love D: If you really knew about love you'd know acceptance is an aspect of love and not all about romance.

/endflame
    Faction- SevenWind
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • orinj
    orinj Posts: 460 admin
    edited July 2008
    i say this in all sincerity -

in the words of rodney king, "can't we all just get along?"

be nice and respect everyone for their own opinion ^_^ plz?

thx thx

- orinj
    F.E.A.R. has two meanings: Forget Everything And Run - OR - Face Everything And Rise. The choice is yours, my friend.
  • hektic
    hektic Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Would be cool to see in game o.o
    CB - Tacos
    OB - hectiK
  • ninjer
    ninjer Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Game marriages are kinda creepy imo. =< If you wanna do it, by all means, I don't really care, but count me out. For same-sex marriages, does it really matter, guys? It's a game. Do w/e the **** you want. It'd be hilarious seeing a barbarian cuddle another barbarian...ya know, in a creepy, nauseating sort of way.
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    I have a strange feeling that this thread didn't really need the bump. But thanks anyways :rolleyes:.
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • ninjer
    ninjer Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Cause you know bumping it from half way down the first page to the top is doing so much harm, right? ~_~
  • tseikkis
    tseikkis Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    specter wrote: »
    Let's hope so, it's called Perfect World... It'd be really interesting to have it implemented - the only thing I'm afraid of is more female-female marriages than 'normal' ones :P

Calling it 'Perfect World' and not having **** marriage, well,
    that just seems to be suggesting something :-)

I'm all for **** marriage, there should be a freedom of
    self-expression in the game which would, of course,
    allow **** marriages.
  • merulz
    merulz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    I would rather not see it since this game is hosted in the USA and **** marriages are illegal there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Perfect World IRC:
    Server: irc.deltaanime.net
    Channel: #pwint
  • orinj
    orinj Posts: 460 admin
    edited July 2008
    i think we've all had our fair share of debating now --

sorry everyone, closing thread ^_^

thanks
    F.E.A.R. has two meanings: Forget Everything And Run - OR - Face Everything And Rise. The choice is yours, my friend.
This discussion has been closed.