Same sex marriage

Options

Comments

• xieveral
    xieveral Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Easiest solution to this issue would be to not implement marriage at all /sarcasm :rolleyes:. Players could still put together a wedding if they wanted to it just won't be an official game one with all the fancy stuff :3
    Faction- SevenWind
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nounours
    nounours Posts: 453
    edited July 2008
    Options
    xieveral wrote: »
    easiest Solution To This Issue Would Be To Not Implement Marriage At All /sarcasm :rolleyes:. Players Could Still Put Together A Wedding If They Wanted To It Just Won't Be An Official Game One With All The Fancy Stuff :3

the Only Thing Wich Will Make Not Play Pw-intl Is If They Take Out Marriage System!
    I Am Alredy Married In Pw-my And Wanna Marry My Gf In Pw-intl Too!!!

zeifer wrote: »
    This is plain simple, It's all a matter of psychology.

#1 It's just a game, marrying my girlfriend ingame doesn't mean I'm really gonna marry her in real life. (I hope she never reads this post)

#2 There will be a lot of minors playing this game and that could affect the way they think and are oriented.

#3 Marriage was originally heterosexual in the first place

#4 **** marriage isn't accepted "Internationally"

#5 Referring to #1 What's the big deal of marrying someone in a game anyways? It's not like your missing out on some MAJOR feature of the game if your either homosexual or not.

#6 Implementing it may cause a commotion anyways.

TOTALY AGREE, I GONNA MARRY MY GF IN REAL LIFE TOO!!!!
  • specter
    specter Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    nounours wrote: »
    the Only Thing Wich Will Make Not Play Pw-intl Is If They Take Out Marriage System!
    I Am Alredy Married In Pw-my And Wanna Marry My Gf In Pw-intl Too!!!

TOTALY AGREE, I GONNA MARRY MY GF IN REAL LIFE TOO!!!!

Is marriage the most important part of mmo? oO
    And how old are you if you don't mind me asking?
  • snaptrap
    snaptrap Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Thankfully this game will not be plugging the same sex marriage garbage into young minds. I want the game to remain accessible to everyone. This isn't Fable. Not sure why anyone would want it anyway? Isn't reality enough for you?
  • nounours
    edited July 2008
    Options
    specter wrote: »
    Is marriage the most important part of mmo? oO
    And how old are you if you don't mind me asking?

I AM 17, and yes i think its something important, because when 2 persones love each other and play always together i think it is great to join those 2 chars.
    and besides after i get married ,stupid other player stoped asking my gf char culddle.
    Love is something eternal and wonderful,
    you can die for the person you love!
    LOVE IS the only good thing in humains kind!

AND HOW OLD ARE YOU, YOU? NOT TO UNDERSTAND LOVE!!
  • specter
    edited July 2008
    Options
    snaptrap wrote: »
    Thankfully this game will not be plugging the same sex marriage garbage into young minds. I want the game to remain accessible to everyone. This isn't Fable. Not sure why anyone would want it anyway? Isn't reality enough for you?

Already wrote about it. For example I'm a guy playing as a foxie, my gf wants to take foxie too. Or WE. Or anything - but of couse she wants to play as a female character. Why can't I marry her in game?
  • specter
    edited July 2008
    Options

I AM 17, and yes i think its something important, because when 2 persones love each other and play always together i think it is great to join those 2 chars.
    and besides after i get married ,stupid other player stoped asking my gf char culddle.
    Love is something eternal and wonderful,
    you can die for the person you love!
    LOVE IS the only good thing in humains kind!

That disqualifies you from playing as a WF. Are you happy with that? (I'm talking about the same sex marriages atm, not about marriage in general).
  • nounours
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Already wrote about it. For example I'm a guy playing as a foxie, my gf wants to take foxie too. Or WE. Or anything - but of couse she wants to play as a female character. Why can't I marry her in game?

ITS SAME AS IF YOU CHANGED SEXE, AND YOU ASK FOR NORMAL MARRIAGE, I LIKE TAIMING PETS, BUT DIDNT WANT TO BECOME A VEN BECAUSE I DO NOT WANNA BE A FEMAL CHAR, and BESIDES YOU DONT HAVE STILL A CHAR IN PW INTL SO IF YOU WANNA MARRY HER BECOME A MAN AND FIGHT AS A BLADEMASTER OR WIZARD OR A BB INSTEAD OF BECOMEING A VEN.
    YOU DO NOT HAVE A CHAR YET SO DONT COMPLAIN here (PW INTL) IF YOU WANNA COMPLAIN , then complain to the PW in region you have that char!!
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Bonds that are forged through heart and soul are more eternal than any artificial bond of love~
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • snaptrap
    edited July 2008
    Options

Find a new girlfriend who likes to play characters of the opposite sex. Either that or you can marry your fox character and you can play with yourself. The thing about a relationship is that you have to learn to compromise. The world isn't going to do it for you.

Next thing you know, people will be whining that they can't marry a boss character or even a tree. "Yeah, I'd like to know why I can't marry a tree in this game?"
  • nounours
    edited July 2008
    Options
    find A New Girlfriend Who Likes To Play Characters Of The Opposite Sex. Either That Or You Can Marry Your Fox Character And You Can Play With Yourself. The Thing About A Relationship Is That You Have To Learn To Compromise. The World Isn't Going To Do It For You.

Next Thing You Know, People Will Be Whining That They Can't Marry A Boss Character Or Even A Tree. "yeah, I'd Like To Know Why I Can't Marry A Tree In This Game?"

next Time They Will Ask To Marry Their Pets
    Omg
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    I've always wanted to marry a cat-rabbit-lizard thing.
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • snaptrap
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Omg

Animal sex seems to be a growing form of entertainment these days. :eek:. Then they can literally **** the pooch.
  • irrlicht
    irrlicht Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Everybody is so homophobic these days :p ( <-- this = me joking, no taking offense please *to be precautious*)

I myself like the idea of same-sex marriage. Not that it would make a big difference since it is a GAME after all.
    Omg

It IS possible in some countries nowadays I heard :D
  • nounours
    edited July 2008
    Options
    pls THIS IS A NORMAL GAME FOR NORMAL PEOPLE!!! OMG WHY DOSE EVRYBODY ASK **** MARRIAGE!!
    THIS WORLD HAVE THAT MUCH **** NOW?
    ITS A BIG PROBLEM
    !!!!
    keeep asking for **** marriage
    they will just end up taking marriage system out, because its source of problems!!!
    SO PLS STOP!!!!!!

AND ADMINS PLS IF YOU CAN ,IN ANY WAY ADD SOME MALE VEN, IT WILL SLOVE THIS STUPID PROBLEM

• sphinx
    sphinx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    I think i'm nutral with the idea. I wouldn't mind if it was included or it was left out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • specter
    edited July 2008
    Options
    ITS SAME AS IF YOU CHANGED SEXE, AND YOU ASK FOR NORMAL MARRIAGE, I LIKE TAIMING PETS, BUT DIDNT WANT TO BECOME A VEN BECAUSE I DO NOT WANNA BE A FEMAL CHAR, and BESIDES YOU DONT HAVE STILL A CHAR IN PW INTL SO IF YOU WANNA MARRY HER BECOME A MAN AND FIGHT AS A BLADEMASTER OR WIZARD OR A BB INSTEAD OF BECOMEING A VEN.
    YOU DO NOT HAVE A CHAR YET SO DONT COMPLAIN here (PW INTL) IF YOU WANNA COMPLAIN , then complain to the PW in region you have that char!!

It was only an example - I don't have girlfriend.
    I love foxies in game, it's my favorite race, why can't I play PW the way I want to? Besides, even if it would be possible to play as a male WF I would take female char. Already wrote why as well...
  • caty
    caty Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    **** arent normal
    why should they marry?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Love makes the world beautiful
  • sahrai
    sahrai Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    pls THIS IS A NORMAL GAME FOR NORMAL PEOPLE!!! OMG WHY DOSE EVRYBODY ASK **** MARRIAGE!!
    THIS WORLD HAVE THAT MUCH **** NOW?
    ITS A BIG PROBLEM
    !!!!
    keeep asking for **** marriage
    they will just end up taking marriage system out, because its source of problems!!!
    SO PLS STOP!!!!!!

AND ADMINS PLS IF YOU CAN ,IN ANY WAY ADD SOME MALE VEN, IT WILL SLOVE THIS STUPID PROBLEM

caty wrote: »
    **** arent normal
    why should they marry?

You two have got to be the most ignorant people I have come across on these forums.
    Official PWI irc: irc.deltaanime.net #pwint
    IdleRPG with hilarious customizations included. No chat penalty; others remain the same.
  • showharu
    showharu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    I thought we cant talk about those thing well any how some kid play this game seeing 2 guys gettin married will affectthere child alot of games get in kids heads. So no wit same sex mirriage
  • mikkuru
    mikkuru Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Don't reflect real life too much in a game.

Some people might marry each other for fun.
    Some for genuine feelings, etc.

Sme players play with different gendered characters that they are irl.
    Why would it be wrong to let them marry in non-real place?

I also find it sad that there are induviduals who think homosexuals are somehow
    "not normal". Why make this a real discrimination issue when it's just about a game.

Honestly, some people just close their eyes and pretend like there are no homosexuals :p
    But that's besides the point.

Marrying a polygon in the game who is given the same gender as your own doesn't make you homosexual. Not to say there aren't any homosexual players.

So try to stay in topic. Same gender marriage ina game and not how scared/disgusted you are by IRL homosexuals. You can go debate about that elsewhere.
  • junk
    junk Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    I'm surprised this topic derailed into real life issues and debates on the morality of gayness. Yet nobody mentions game mechanics. Of what I read, there are certain 'marriage related skills'. Now, I quit My-en before the marriage patch so I have no ideea what they involve. If it's something that doesn't affect PvE/PvP, like a kissing emote or a sex minigame or whatever, fine by me. If it's something that does affect gameplay (teleporting, life/mana transfer are some rumors I heard) then it becomes a gamebreaking issue. I could want to group with another player on a regular basis and end up marrying him for those perks. If that's not possible because we both happen to be the same gender it would be unfair.

This already annoyed me to a certain extent with the cuddle function. While it may be seen as a roleplaying(cybering) tool, it has 2 fundamental implications: a male can carry a female at his unaltered movement speed, and even worse, both parties regenerate vigor at a substantial rate while doing this. Now, say there are two teams doing instances. The first team has exclusively male characters. The second team has mixed genders. If the first team runs out of vigor, they have to either go on without and hope they don't wipe, or start punching eachother barehanded or whatever. The second team can just cuddle with eachother, regenerating vigor while still moving towards the next group of monsters. While this might seem overanalysing, in a PvP context, the disadvantage of a same-gender team versus a mixed gender team could prove deciding.

So marriage/cuddling should either apply to any combination of genders/classes or lose its impact on game mechanics and be a social function only. In short, if marriage is to affect gameplay, I strongly support same gender marriage.
  • sphinx
    edited July 2008
    Options
    woot junk and mikkuru, those where some awesome posts.

BTW what is vigor, how do you get it, and what it it used for?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • junk
    edited July 2008
    Options
    sphinx wrote: »
    woot junk and mikkuru, those where some awesome posts.

BTW what is vigor, how do you get it, and what it it used for?

Vigor is the 'energy' bar; if you are familiar with fighting games it's practically a power-up gauge. As you cast spells or hit people it fills up. You need it to cast certain skills ('ultimate' skills are especially draining); you can also burn out your whole vigor bar to enter a 'fury' mode for 10 seconds during which your damage is greatly increased (700% for a caster using rank 3 fury burst). Vigor doesn't regenerate/decay over time, so you can only get it through combat; it's meant to limit the number of times you can use extremely powerfull abilities, forcing you to develop better strategy.

But, as I said, you can also fill your vigor bar by groping the nearest consenting character of your opposite gender. Yes, I'm serious.
  • snaptrap
    edited July 2008
    Options
    In terms of the game itself, having a same sex marriage system will likely change the ESRB rating. Same sex marriages are not natural and would be considered unsuitable for younger children. I prefer the game to remain accessible and in line with it's current model. Thankfully Beijing PW will have none of it as the Chinese stick to the norm, so the chances of this being included in PW I is very unlikely.

Try Fable 2 for all your online same sex fantasies.
  • junk
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Same sex marriages are not natural and would be considered unsuitable
    Try Fable 2 for all your online same sex fantasies.

This somehow made me laugh, I remembered a post in a similar thread back in the My-en forums: You can't have **** marriage or **** cuddling, but you can cuddle and get intimate with a fox.
    I don't think it needs to be said which is more 'unnatural'.
  • snaptrap
    edited July 2008
    Options
    junk wrote: »
    This somehow made me laugh, I remembered a post in a similar thread back in the My-en forums: You can't have **** marriage or **** cuddling, but you can cuddle and get intimate with a fox.
    I don't think it needs to be said which is more 'unnatural'.

Then again, if you want to get technical, PW is not natural. The whole point being is the relation it has to reality. Male and female couples is natural even if she's part fox. That there would be similar to interracial couples.
  • junk
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Then again, if you want to get technical, PW is not natural. The whole point being is the relation it has to reality. Male and female couples is natural even if she's part fox. That there would be similar to interracial couples.

No, not part fox. I (or rather the poster I'm mentioning) reffered to a morphed fox. As in the animal. Which is zoophilia at it's finest. **** has nothing on that level of fetish.
  • snaptrap
    edited July 2008
    Options
    junk wrote: »
    No, not part fox. I (or rather the poster I'm mentioning) reffered to a morphed fox. As in the animal. Which is zoophilia at it's finest. **** has nothing on that level of fetish.

I guess, though morphing is not the natural state of the character. You can probably do a lot of odd things in PW with a little creativity. Heck, a guild my friend is in do sexual acts when they're collected in a group and they're mostly males. Who needs a certificate?
  • sphinx
    edited July 2008
    Options
    I guess, though morphing is not the natural state of the character. You can probably do a lot of odd things in PW with a little creativity. Heck, a guild my friend is in do sexual acts when they're collected in a group and they're mostly males. Who needs a certificate?

haha in that i guess you don't need you, but everyone is different.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.