hong
hong Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2008 in Support Desk
I was wondering what's wrong. I'm using

Radeon x1300/x1550 series 258mb
Windows XP SP2
AMD Athlon XP 3200+ processor
1.5k ram

I clicked on suggest on "Display" and it nearly maxed everything, I went on character loading screen it reboots. I shifted all to low and it still rebooted. I lowered resolution and it was okay, but it reboots after awhile. Perfect World is the only game that reboots o.o game play doesn't lag at all just that my computer reboots and I don't think it's my graphic card... I mean, it should be playable.

Anyone know? I did install the lastest driver also. I'm clueless, I know there's a another way instead of buying a new computer/graphic card.

Basically, high/med resolution + graphics = auto reboot on character screen.
Low resolution + low settings = fine, but reboot when riding mount for xx amount of time.
RoC.
Post edited by hong on

Comments

• legendzeratul
    legendzeratul Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    I am surprised. How did you manage to even get the client for Perfect World International? If your talking about another version, then you posted in wrong forum? LOL :rolleyes:
  • hong
    edited July 2008
    Yeah other version, not wrong forum. I thought maybe some players here could help me, guess not =(. I'm playing International, just playing other versions to test some stuff and looks like I need to figure out how to play PW without my computer dying or buying a new one.
    RoC.
  • sphinx
    sphinx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    So that means your play PW MY?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ecatomb
    ecatomb Posts: 1
    edited July 2008
    It can be the driver, overheating of your computer or your power supply

Try to update driver of your radeon.
  • soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    try going to start -> rightclick on "my computer" -> properties -> advanced tab -> startup and recovery settings and untick the "automatically restart" checkbox

next time you should get a bluescreen instead of the reboot
    write down the message and post it here.
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    All other versions and clients of Perfect World are not supported by Perfect World Ent. (US & China).

PWI is officially supported by PWE Inc.

Playing the MY client will get you all kinds of lag, networking hassles and more, unless you live in Malaysia.

Same with the other country's clients, to my understanding.

Be patient, the beta is coming soon!!!
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • hong
    edited July 2008
    soukyuu wrote: »
    try going to start -> rightclick on "my computer" -> properties -> advanced tab -> startup and recovery settings and untick the "automatically restart" checkbox

next time you should get a bluescreen instead of the reboot
    write down the message and post it here.

Basically everything is useless until it reaches to -
    Computer shuts down for safetly blah blah blah

STOP: 0x0000008E (0XC0000010, 0XE3EE785B, OXA66BC8907, 0X00000000)
    RoC.
  • ryuuzaki
    ryuuzaki Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Computer reboots can be caused by several things, some hardware-related and some software-related.

Please post a DXDiag file up here.
    Start > Run...
    Type dxdiag, press enter.
    Click the Save All Information button
    Locate the DXDiag.txt file you saved

Also, post up a HijackThis log:

Download HijackThis from: http://www.merijn.org/programs.php
    Run the program, choose "Do a System Scan and Save a Log File".

The DXDiag should help with hardware, the HJT log helps isolate software conflicts. Post both up here and I can take a look for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tenkei
    tenkei Posts: 63
    edited August 2008
    hong wrote: »
    Basically everything is useless until it reaches to -
    Computer shuts down for safetly blah blah blah

STOP: 0x0000008E (0XC0000010, 0XE3EE785B, OXA66BC8907, 0X00000000)

Stop error you just posted states there was some conflict in your RAM usage. Possibilities are:

Adware, Spyware, Malware, Hijacking, Rootkit, or RAM Sticks are going bad.

The best method for resolving I would say is to review the minidump produced by the bluescreen, because for example "Rustock rootkit" is undetectable by any Virus Scan, Malware/Spyware/Adware Remover, or even HijackThis.

The minidump is about the only spot you'll find that rootkit.
  • darthpanda16
    edited August 2008
    If all else fails, take it to a professional and have them check the RAM, hard drive and motherboard. Let them see if there is anything physically wrong and if all the ICs and such are working.

Another option is to have your hard drive reformatted and your Windows reinstalled.

Good luck!
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • soukyuu
    edited August 2008
    No need to take it to a professional, at least not before you tried this Create a bootable floppy or burn the image onto a CD with it and boot from it.
    If your RAM or CPU cache is faulty, it will find errors.

RAM is not the only thing that can cause the 0x8E message, outdated/incompatible drivers might lead to it too or even a dying HDD/GPU
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darthpanda16
    edited August 2008
    That will help him check things out, true.

Depending on the user's level of understanding of computers, there comes a point where I will recommend they take it to someone that knows what they are doing, to save time, and frustration on everyone's part.

Unless I am directly helping a person with their problem, then it is a different story :)

Why?

1) Because sometimes the user will mess things up worse then when they started. No one is perfect, and not everyone follows the steps you give them to try and help them with their problem.

2) Users often have so much malware, spyware and other shady programs running on their computer (without their knowledge because many people don't know how to surf the web safely), it is often easier to wipe it and start over so there is less chance of residual apps trying to keep messing things up after they've done some little fixes here and there. This is the #1 computer repair shop issue when weird things start occurring to a user's computer.

Hardware issues are less of an issue on PCs 3 years or younger.

Unless a user knows the complete ins and outs of a computer, the OS and how it all works together, it is often better for them to take it to a professional so they don't accidentally mess things up more and lose any important data that you haven't backed up yet.

Always back up your important files and programs too!! ;)
  • soukyuu
    edited August 2008
    I agree with you on the level of understanding.
    When i'm suggesting programs like the one above i'm trying to keep these things in mind.
    I won't suggest someone booting DBAN w/o asking if they know what it is :D

The program i linked won't mess up anything as it doesn't touch the HDD data at all, it simply writes data patterns to RAM and then checks if the pattern in the RAM is correct, same as any other memory checking software.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darthpanda16
    edited August 2008
    Understood. :D
  • hong
    edited August 2008
    No one replied to me long time ago so I thought this topic was dead. But yeah, when it appears on Blue Screen, sometimes there's a Red square. What could that mean? Sometimes it's perfectly colored in Red, sometimes it has white dots(Acts like the graphic card if you try to over clock it too high)
    RoC.
  • ryuuzaki
    edited August 2008
    Post up the two log files I mentioned in my previous post and we can take a look for some of the easier-to-identify causes. Blue screens can be caused by practically anything, so eliminating drivers a rogue software as culprits is the best initial step.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • soukyuu
    edited August 2008
    hong wrote: »
    No one replied to me long time ago so I thought this topic was dead. But yeah, when it appears on Blue Screen, sometimes there's a Red square. What could that mean? Sometimes it's perfectly colored in Red, sometimes it has white dots(Acts like the graphic card if you try to over clock it too high)
    a BSOD has only 2 colors: blue and white. If there are others then your GPU is probably dying. Even if there are no artifacts in 3D mode, it's still possible. My old GPU didn't show any artifacts in 3D mode but it did in 2D mode and it died shortly after this started happening. Oh, it was an ATI, too.

Try borrowing an ATI card from someone and test if it still reboots.
    Did you try running the memory testing program i linked yet?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ren
    ren Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    soukyuu wrote: »
    No need to take it to a professional, at least not before you tried this Create a bootable floppy or burn the image onto a CD with it and boot from it.
    If your RAM or CPU cache is faulty, it will find errors.

RAM is not the only thing that can cause the 0x8E message, outdated/incompatible drivers might lead to it too or even a dying HDD/GPU

I'm curious why you suggest that over memtest86+.
    I don't trust MS programs. I mean, look at their ineffective defragmenter... 3rd party is pretty much always better when it comes to MS.

Edit: I assume that's the Hong from RF that made greedy PL loot parties? lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint
  • hong
    edited August 2008
    ryuuzaki wrote: »
    Post up the two log files I mentioned in my previous post and we can take a look for some of the easier-to-identify causes. Blue screens can be caused by practically anything, so eliminating drivers a rogue software as culprits is the best initial step.

Okay, btw. When I turn graphics to full, a few seconds it crashed. So I think it's the graphic card, but yeah.

http://mihd.net/4v8e3ha

Both files you requested is in the winrar.
    RoC.
  • hong
    edited August 2008
    ren wrote: »
    Edit: I assume that's the Hong from RF that made greedy PL loot parties? lol

Hi Ren, I remember you. That is correct. And it's not greedy, well it kind of is. Doesn't matter though, you've never thought about a way to advance? Your right though, I did hog all the loots, but so what? I'm leeching them =). I could have solo, but might as well leech lowbies and get more EXP. Plus, it was another way to increase reputation in my opinion and they are getting free levels. Most of them were AR and AFK leveling, no one wants to party with AR so yeah.

After I got my Race Leader Armor, I became RL anyway :) But Sasarai owned me with a lucky win, petition ftw. But it doesn't matter anyway, those who stayed and leeched their way up were ungimped and were still leeching with me in Elan; ABX pit. Almost got someone to 49 AR.

Nice to see you here though, play in PvP server =D. Your friend Hellbringer pretty much owned the whole petition and got pretty successful in Race Leader. He has the time to do it, deserved but I still dislike him though. I knew he was using me a few times but I let him anyway cause I wanted action + fun. And he lent me nukes. He takes it pretty serious.
    RoC.
  • ryuuzaki
    edited August 2008
    You HJT log is clean - no obvious signs of foul play going on. The problem is most likely hardware.

Open up the case, blow off any dust and re-seat your graphics card and memory modules.

Install the latest Hyperion Pro chipset drivers for your motherboard: http://www.viaarena.com/default.aspx?PageID=420&OSID=1&CatID=1070

Completely uninstall and reinstall your ATI graphics drivers (try the newer Catalyst 8.7 ones).

If I read the product specs correctly - you also have an onboard Unichrome IGP? Before running a memory test, you could try switching that as the default GPU and see if you get the same problems. If you do, it's probably the memory... if you don't, it's probably the ATI card.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • soukyuu
    edited August 2008
    ren wrote: »
    I don't trust MS programs. I mean, look at their ineffective defragmenter... 3rd party is pretty much always better when it comes to MS.
    I'd agree in general, but not with this memtest prog. I once had a pretty complicated RAM/CPU issue and none of the tools showed me there was something wrong... except for this MS prog. So i'm trusting it more than memtest86 now
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ryuuzaki
    edited August 2008
    I had some memory issues just recently too, and windiag successfully identified the module causing the error. Ideally, use both. Can't hurt to run extra tests.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hong
    edited August 2008
    It's the graphic card, everytime I raise the graphics I can simply hear the fan going loud and boom, sometimes it doesn't and just reboots.

Thanks for the help guys, I'll probably get a new PC.

Oh yeah, in order to be lag free in Territorial Wars, you must have 8GB RAM? or will 4GB do? In another word in order for the loading to complete faster because it lags when you load a zerg, I believe that's RAM
    RoC.
  • itch
    itch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I think you would do fine with 2GB of ram. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hong
    edited August 2008
    itch wrote: »
    I think you would do fine with 2GB of ram. :)

That's it? Considering the graphics and all the weapon/near future glowing armors + a zerg guild that would lag =x. But then again for some reason I lagged in Rohan and it had crappier graphics o_O Especially when zerg people rushes towards the middle when we held the 25pt D:. Can't believe PW requires such low requirements and the graphics are so nice.
    RoC.
  • soukyuu
    edited August 2008
    PW is suprisingly low on requirements. It runs well on max settings with athlon xp 2000+ (a singlecore 32bit cpu!), 7600GT and 1GB ram, just starting to lag in crowded areas - switching to lower settings makes it smooth again.
    It even doesn't matter which resolution you choose. I tested going down from 1680x1050 to 1024x768 and there was no difference in the fps o__O No idea how they managed to do that.

For TW, i wouldn't reccomend to run it on max settings anyway, you need as much power as possible. I would set everything to min except for sight distance - looks crappy but runs fast :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ren
    ren Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    You'd do fine with 512mb of ram. The game uses barely any.

I get 15fps in adc with a q6600 and 8800GT. CPU is the main issue because it can only use one core. Ideally, you'd need a 3-4ghz core for it to get decent fps in ADC, gpu doesn't seem to help much at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint
  • acrimony
    acrimony Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Lagging in TW - memory isn't the only thing that'll be an issue, CPU processing power and network latency/your connection will all count twards loading stuff faster - however one thing you can do (that people with say 1GB of RAM won't be able to do) is turn on character-specific looks and see how pretty and special everyone is, and it won't put a big dent in your overall FPS :)

Side note: memtest86 (well memtest86+ which I hope is the one you were suggesting) is a very good app, it's succesfuly diagnosed memory problems for me on about 20 different mem. "slices" (work, uni, home).
    The horrible part about it is the fact that you really should let it do an annoyingly long number of tests which take a HELL of a lot of time, other then that, I've found it VERY reliable.
  • hong
    edited August 2008
    Old post, but. With 2GB RAM + 8600 Nvidea a member of mine still lagged in ADC from massive venders(From MY-EN). So, if that's in TW the lag is worse. I don't think 512 would really help in that kind of situation...
    RoC.
This discussion has been closed.