Computer reboots

2»

Comments

• ren
    ren Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    hong wrote: »
    I don't think 512 would really help in that kind of situation...

I ran it with basically the same results as I do now with a 1.8ghz athlon/512mb/6600, so gpu and ram seems irrelevant to me. It has to be cpu bottlenecking PW.

AA, AF, graphics settings, none of them affect my framerate in adc much. Resolution impacts it a fair bit though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    This forum is for the US International version. Same thing with any tech support issues.

Any other clients hosted by other companies, and their issues, aren't supported here.

Some of us may try to help, but some things are out of Perfect World Entertainment's hands for any clients, servers and versions.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • xylent
    xylent Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I recall turning off anything regarding reflections prevents this from happening to me in some older games that used some kind of special reflection effect, like NWN. It seems to be very particular with some Radeon cards - by specific third party manufacturer not ATi itself, mine is a Sapphire.

Same goes with ram as well not just the video card. If you have played a Source game and it does the same things or a random crash to desktop with occassional BSOD reboot it could be something wrong with either you video card, ram, or harddrive. (Suppose it happens to that engine and other games that show the same symptoms but not some other games).

Some games are just very sensitive to very minor issues and faults with the hardware themselves and you can't really do anything about it. If you are unlucky enough to get a video card/ram that works 99% fine, some games like a Source based game can still crash because of that 1% fault. Doesn't necessarily mean a defect but a manufacturing difference since not all these hardware parts are 100% identical in the first place.

memtest as suggested is a good idea. If you have another computer with a different video card try swapping it out temporarily to see if it crashes. Same goes with ram sticks it the memtest doesnt give bad results. !!!(make sure they are compatible first though)!!!
  • kammie
    kammie Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    hong wrote: »
    Old post, but. With 2GB RAM + 8600 Nvidea a member of mine still lagged in ADC from massive venders(From MY-EN). So, if that's in TW the lag is worse. I don't think 512 would really help in that kind of situation...

u forgot to mention its a laptop
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.