08/16/23 DA server issues Update 08/23/23 -Resolved

124»

Comments

• frostcrest876678
    frostcrest876678 Posts: 1 Arc User
    What is also quite saddening is that the H Games yesterday that HeeroDa hosted on the Dawnglory server have also been rolled back. Are the rewards from the event going to be considered too? It was only a small amount of a reward that I received however for other participants it may have meant a lot.

99vfkf29yrsm.png
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,880 Community Moderator
    sakti#1598 wrote: »
    So Ive had some feedback from the team regarding this Emergency Maintenance.
    Update 08/19/23 AM

The team has had to make the difficult decision to roll back the server. DA (EU)

This has had to happen to allow for the recovery of anyone who was unable to log in.

The roll back will be somewhere before Tuesdays Maintenance.

With regards this was the only option available. This point has been made very clear.

The team asked me to also apologise for this and hope to provide further detail in due course of what caused the issue.

Thanks.
    That is, everyone who plays on DA will now lose, not only TW and XTW, but also absolutely everything they got for the whole week: sky, LVL, drop, house, infante, points factionbase and northern points, etc.?

Yes sadly, this was really not the news I wanted to pass on but I feel its important to be open and truthfull.

Thanks.
  • gigant#2547
    gigant#2547 Posts: 10 Arc User
    also war das jetzt das zurücksetzen oder müssen alle mit ein weiterem zurücksetzten rechnen???
  • heerohex#3018
    edited August 2023
    dreagon wrote: »
    Thank you hero for all the updates, just want to ask in regards to the rollback, what about all the rewards people won during the event you help last night?

This is one of the things that im upset about. Truthfully im not sure at this point as I didnt write down the winners or prizes as I didnt think this was going to happen.

The only good news is I will have the items back, and Ive learnt for next time to write down the winners.

will have to make a call on this after some thought.

Thanks.
  • heerohex#3018
    edited August 2023
    What is also quite saddening is that the H Games yesterday that HeeroDa hosted on the Dawnglory server have also been rolled back. Are the rewards from the event going to be considered too? It was only a small amount of a reward that I received however for other participants it may have meant a lot.

99vfkf29yrsm.png

Please see above for this.

Thanks.
  • ttopenexx#5893
    ttopenexx#5893 Posts: 7 Arc User
    Send SS? of what items and time spend grinding ? XD
    i know its not your fault, u are same as us, but this is just funny.
    how can i send SS of something what is gone alredy.
    Was told today that server will be restarted not roled back O.O
    plus thay told server is officially back.....
    TBH i can send SS of calendar and hours spend grinding last 3 days, wich thay basicly deleted
    and not only for me .
    as i told above, i send ticket told what i missing. i will gladly post there answer here ( wich will be : sry but we cant help u )

Ps: sry for typing errors XD
  • heerohex#3018
    Send SS? of what items and time spend grinding ? XD
    i know its not your fault, u are same as us, but this is just funny.
    how can i send SS of something what is gone alredy.
    Was told today that server will be restarted not roled back O.O
    plus thay told server is officially back.....
    TBH i can send SS of calendar and hours spend grinding last 3 days, wich thay basicly deleted
    and not only for me .
    as i told above, i send ticket told what i missing. i will gladly post there answer here ( wich will be : sry but we cant help u )

Ps: sry for typing errors XD

Im quight liturally gutted myself, I wanted to keep you all up to date. That was hard passing that info on. I spent time on Da last night as well which has been lost. It was important I was Truthfull and Open about it.

I know it wont mean much at this point but I know they are putting together a package for all and ill get them to keep the bonuses active as long as they will.

I hope you also get a possitive response from suport.

Thanks.
  • ttopenexx#5893
    Ty for your time and efford tho . again i know u are just a mesinger . i will post reply from support soon as i get it . but knowing pwi support , it whont be possitive , and again ty for your time spend .
  • skazy#8883
    skazy#8883 Posts: 4 Arc User
    Please help, my character got wiped/deleted.

I was just able to create a char under the same name it had 5 days ago when I made it ( a little bit prior to server maintenance)

It was level 68 and now the account is completely empty.

I really really need help, thanks
  • sharpestsharpie
    sharpestsharpie Posts: 28 Arc User
    skazy#8883 wrote: »

I was just able to create a char under the same name it had 5 days ago when I made it ( a little bit prior to server maintenance)

You will have to recreate/restart your toon. The database got rolled back. There's nothing anyone can do to fix it.
  • rikurebirths
    rikurebirths Posts: 34 Arc User
    At least tell us this, is it worth doing anything and wasting time so the server rolls back yet again for the 3rd time or we are good to actually play this time without getting rear ended again since there are still some players who can't log into the game.
  • ashmur#0839
    ashmur#0839 Posts: 1 Arc User
    The fact of running event that starts once server problems start and ends after rollback is kinda hilarious, ngl...
  • skazy#8883
    skazy#8883 Posts: 4 Arc User
    skazy#8883 wrote: »

You will have to recreate/restart your toon. The database got rolled back. There's nothing anyone can do to fix it.

And let me guess, I will not get any sort of compensation, correct?
  • auzumaki2020
    auzumaki2020 Posts: 23 Arc User
    Depend if they will give a code then you might be able to get even more than few levels
  • butagaz13
    butagaz13 Posts: 15 Arc User
    Heero, you went above and beyond to keep everyone updated on the issue, and that's way more than what we could ask for!
    ... Now i'll wait for the 4th or 5th rollback to play again, probably next month!
  • heerohex#3018
    Update: As ive said PWE are going to hopefully get back to me on what caused the issue and detail what they can, just keep in mind im not sure what Ill get and be able to share but im keen to see whats passed on as this will be the first time we will get more information on an issue.

Aso I know a few people are still having issues, Please keep checking your toons and update the tickets you have if any details change.

Thanks.
  • ttopenexx#5893
    edited August 2023
    Thanks for contacting us.

Unfortunately any in-game progress earned during the rollback period would have been lost and cannot be reversed or recovered. The time range involved is 8/16 2am - 8/19 7pm CEST (8/15 5pm - 8/19 10am PDT).

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.
    Regards,

this should be it from tham . gg for GM`s and there problems solving
    Post edited by heerohex#3018 on
  • heerohex#3018
    Thanks for contacting us.

Unfortunately any in-game progress earned during the rollback period would have been lost and cannot be reversed or recovered. The time range involved is 8/16 2am - 8/19 7pm CEST (8/15 5pm - 8/19 10am PDT).

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.
    Regards,

this should be it from tham . gg for GM`s and there problems solving

The info is fine but i gotta snip out the GM name.

Thanks.
  • ttopenexx#5893
    its not info its bs as expeckted like i wrote above XD just reality of pwi gm`s
  • heerohex#3018
    I kept being asked if the server is now safe so Ive check with the team and had the below feedback as quote.

"we expect no further rollbacks, as we went well back to a much safer point,"

Thanks.
  • ashmmur#3931
    ashmmur#3931 Posts: 2 New User
    edited August 2023
    Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I'm sorry to hear that you are missing character progress and items after the server went offline. I know this is important to you because it impacts your progress and loot.

Please be informed that the server has rolled back to a specific date. All characters on the Dawn Glory server are affected. I apologize for the inconvenience it has caused you.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Ticked solved. LOL. Probably someone thinks it is april fools time?
    Post edited by heerohex#3018 on
  • heerohex#3018
    Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I'm sorry to hear that you are missing character progress and items after the server went offline. I know this is important to you because it impacts your progress and loot.

Please be informed that the server has rolled back to a specific date. All characters on the Dawn Glory server are affected. I apologize for the inconvenience it has caused you.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Ticked solved. LOL. Probably someone thinks it is april fools time?

The tickets are fine to be discussed as it's part of a server wide issue, but please do not include GM names.

Thanks.
  • heerohex#3018
    edited August 2023
    Hello All,

Below is feedback from the PWE team regarding the issues that happened on DA.
    Maintenace Started on Tuesday 08/15/23 night and was processed as normal, No errors reported, and no problems flagged from the checks. server opened as normal.

CS inform the team they were getting reports of players being unable to log in. The team starts to investigate the issues reported. Shortly after the server crashes.

The result of this investigation found that a disk failure had occurred. This is the main reason the issue took so long to resolve as someone had to physically go and replace it and rebuild it. unfortunately the repair script didn't work, thus rollback was the only option, to last 'good' save, which was during Tues maintenance.

When restarting a couple of errors were caught, but resolved shortly, everything looked good and the servers were brought online.

The team then had players ticket on toon issues again.

another round of checks, confirmed the Maintenance rollback save might have corrupted script, thus current toon issue, thus need to rollback again. The decision to just rollback to hours prior to Maintenance rollback was taken. This was the only option.

The rollback was then completed, and no errors displayed at all, very good sign. With checks completed the server was brought online.

Summary: A hardware disk failure. which seem to have got corrupted caused the issues. This affected various listings in the game (ranking, guilds, charm, etc...) for Dawnglory server however, the issue wasn't triggering any errors during Maintenace checks, as the issue occurred while listings did checks/update as players log on to Dawnglory, thus eventual crash when enough players logged.

Thanks.
  • mikamithegenius
    mikamithegenius Posts: 19 Arc User
    Thanks Heero
  • heerohex#3018
    Update: If you have toon issues still (DA server) related to the crash can't log etc please can you make sure you log a ticket. If you already have you don't need to.

The team will be using this maintenance to hopefully sort the last few issues.

Thanks.