Intel HD Graphics driver for Windows 8(R) errrors in game

Options
x1r0k#1187
x1r0k#1187 Posts: 1 Arc User
Hi,

I've been having problems playing PWI such that the display gets so messed up I can't read text or view my surroundings without everything looking as though it's getting swallowed into oblivion. The pop-up errors I get are "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered" which often leads to "Application (elementclient.exe) has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware". Sometimes only the first error passes and I can play for about an hour, but otherwise this problem is happening too much that it's maddening. I've tested other online games (Guild Wars 2, TERA, Warframe) and video games (Skyrim, Dragon Age Origins) and they run just fine. I can't say I've ever gotten these errors until now either.

My laptop specs are as follows:

Windows 8.1
Intel Core i7 5700M
8GB RAM
Intel Graphics HD 5600
NVIDIA GeForce GTX960M

I've tried:
-Finding updates for my Intel HD Graphics
-Running elementclient.exe in compatibility mode
-Running elementclient.exe using Intel HD Graphics and NVIDIA card
-Tweaking both Intel Graphics Control Panel and NVIDIA GeForce experience settings
-Tweaking the registry

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :smiley:

Comments

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    OK, the intel drivers would be retried from the Intel website. Personally, just disable that GPU so it's not accessed at all.
    Don't set any compatibility settings for elementclient.exe with the exception of ticking the box for "Run as Administrator" so that it will be allowed proper access to RAM.
    Also, your Nvidia program settings should be at default for the client. It does not respond well to changing them.

If that doesn't resolve it, I'll need a link to a published Speccy log and the dxdiag output that you uploaded to pastebin. Instructions are in my Sticky thread.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • ladydeanna1829
    ladydeanna1829 Posts: 22 Arc User
    Options

OK, the intel drivers would be retried from the Intel website. Personally, just disable that GPU so it's not accessed at all.

Don't set any compatibility settings for elementclient.exe with the exception of ticking the box for "Run as Administrator" so that it will be allowed proper access to RAM.

Also, your Nvidia program settings should be at default for the client. It does not respond well to changing them.

If that doesn't resolve it, I'll need a link to a published Speccy log and the dxdiag output that you uploaded to pastebin. Instructions are in my Sticky thread.​​

You can't disable the iGPU in Optimus machines.

The dGPU feeds the information through the iGPU.

In SOME circumstances the iGPU can be bypassed like in the case of some MSI machines where HDMI/DP are wired directly to the GPU but it's rare and requires that external monitor.
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    Options
    Maybe it is crazy but it worked for me, i did Verify and now working perfect, i had the same problems with you with Intel HD Graphics 4600
  • adelenoble#4724
    adelenoble#4724 Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I am experiencing some issues with the Intel HD Graphics driver for Windows 8(R) while playing games. I am encountering errors while running GTA 4, and I am not sure how to resolve them. I would appreciate any suggestions or recommendations on how to fix this issue.

I have found some resources that might be helpful in resolving this issue. The Intel website offers a driver package that installs the Intel HD Graphics driver for Intel Atom, Pentium, and Celeron Processors on Windows 8/8.1 (64-bit) systems. This driver package might be helpful in resolving the issue.

Additionally, I found a troubleshooting guide on the Lenovo CA website that provides instructions on how to resolve various error messages experienced during installation of Intel Arc Graphics Drivers. This guide might be helpful in identifying and resolving the issue.

If you have any experience with this issue or have any suggestions on how to resolve it, please share your insights and recommendations.

Thank you!
  • adelenoble#4724
    adelenoble#4724 Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I am experiencing some issues with the Intel HD Graphics driver for Windows 8(R) while playing games. I am encountering errors while running GTA 4, and I am not sure how to resolve them. I would appreciate any suggestions or recommendations on how to fix this issue.

I have found some resources that might be helpful in resolving this issue. The Intel website offers a driver package that installs the Intel HD Graphics driver for Intel Atom, Pentium, and Celeron Processors on Windows 8/8.1 (64-bit) systems. This driver package might be helpful in resolving the issue.

Additionally, I found a troubleshooting guide on the Lenovo CA website that provides instructions on how to resolve various error messages experienced during installation of Intel Arc Graphics Drivers. This guide might be helpful in identifying and resolving the issue.

If you have any experience with this issue or have any suggestions on how to resolve it, please share your insights and recommendations.

Thank you!