Game crashing after Fountain of Fate update

ginz0rz
ginz0rz Posts: 10 Arc User
Ever since the upgrade the game has been unstable and continually crashes on me. I have tried verifying (also crashes after just a few minutes), changed from 64bit to 32bit, put it to the lowest graphics settings, window mode, full screen mode, even uninstalled and reinstalled, nothing helps. If I tab out to my desktop the game crashes. If I resize my window it will crash. If I go full screen mode it won't even make it to the character selection screen. That's about as tech savvy as I get. Can anyone help please?
1ezxbxy38vwa.jpg

Answers

• prophecy#2892
    prophecy#2892 Posts: 1 New User
    Hi, sorry for use this post but im new and i have a problem, i cant create a thread in the forum... i dont know why but... i really need some help, can anyone give some orientation ? thanks a lot.
  • tibli
    tibli Posts: 8 Arc User
    I know a few players who have the same problem. They all have windows 11.
    They didn't find a way to solve this yet.
  • ginz0rz
    tibli wrote: »
    I know a few players who have the same problem. They all have windows 11.
    They didn't find a way to solve this yet.

Ah I have 11 as well. Well that is a bummer. I'm able to log now via 64bit and tab out ok, but if I try to go full screen or resize my window it will still poof.
    1ezxbxy38vwa.jpg
  • daisydeedee
    daisydeedee Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hi I have the same problem and can not dual client because as soon as I alt/tab the client shuts down. The only difference is I am running windows 10. Never had a problem till the last update of Fountain of Fate. I spent 4 hours with a Tech I use and he found no issues with my computer. Brought my old laptop
    that I use in emergencies and it does does the same thing. We even re-installed window 10 and still the same issues. My tech feels that it is a programming issue with the last update and patch. I sent a ticket in and discussed these problems in great detail. As far as I know at this date and time they have not fixed the problem.
  • ginz0rz
    So I actually ended up wiping my laptop after a failed rollback from win11 to 10 and yes, I still cannot multi-client. Game also crashes if I alt/tab out or stretch my windowed screen, full screen is just a fiasco. Have tried a number of other games that work just fine full screen. So this is a PWI problem, not a windows or video problem. Sucks as I won't be playing nearly as much as I used to (nor spending $ here).
    1ezxbxy38vwa.jpg
  • gunter#5451
    gunter#5451 Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    ginz0rz wrote: »
    So this is a PWI problem, not a windows or video problem..

Sure! NOT! I tested Win10 and 11 AND can dual-client. Maybe multi-clienting only works in less populated area's?
  • jarahe
    jarahe Posts: 34 Arc User
    so as of 9.23.22 we still do not have a patch for the new version from a.7.22?