What is the staff even doing???

metalsoldier#0920
metalsoldier#0920 Posts: 6 Arc User
edited June 2022 in General Discussion
Can someone explain to me as to why we didnt get the update? Maintenance was botched, and servers went down at an irregular time, only for there to be no update and no map reset. We should have had the update last week. If the staff is going to delay the update they should at least have the courtesy of leaving the 2x on until the update happens. Games lose player base over **** like this and that is not something that this game can afford right now.

Fix it.

Comments

• plushie666
    plushie666 Posts: 201 Arc User
    Lots of people was indeed expecting the update today yes.

Just to be positive, im guessing they testing it out and fix stuff before releasing it.

But then again, what happend couple of months in game and with the staff, they are very unpredictable/unthrustworthy.

Like you said.

Communicate and fix it.
  • hayeas
    hayeas Posts: 8 Arc User
    Not getting this update today was really a bucket of cold water and tons of frustration and discouragement. See other servers receive their updates correctly like the PWRU/PWBR plus they receive weekly news about the game.
    PWI only gets boutique update crumbs with clearly robotic text and no human interaction with players. I honestly only see pwi following the same path as Forsaken, changed the company, but the same problems continue or get worse as was the failure of the broken Archosour event,
    the new class with buggy skill and without its r9r3 set and don't tell me to have hope because those who play daily know that this only drops more and more
  • dawnsilver10
    dawnsilver10 Posts: 52 Arc User
    Yes it was a huge bummer. Cause it was most expectedly today, if you follow the last year, how dawnlight expansion launched at the same time this year. I also read a lot about the untamed patch, that there is a critical bug with a new PVP arena, that can be rented. Upon entering it whipes your Engraves, Flyer enhancements, equipped lucky coin spurrs on your boots and many other add ons on your gear. Maybe the staff is actually trying to fix it or waits with the launch until the spring boutique update, that came in march to china this year. There was also the high resolution animal forms of the untamed class being added. The other option is, that they didn't bother to purchase the update until the transition from Perfect Wold Entertainment to Gearbox Publishing was completed, which is what I feared the most. That means it takes longer for this server to get this update. This thought was lingering into the back of my mind, when the Archosaur Warsong Event was currently active. I personally don't think that they plan to get rid of PWI just yet, as they made the Heavenly Profanity Ring (latest R9 Ring update) available.
    Also comparing PWI with Forsaken is a different pair of shoes. Forsaken had an exploid where people was able to farm huge amounts of some currency they buy normally from PWE. There people was buying the currency from third party. It was openly discussed on the official forums after the announcement of Forsakens closure. Of course that left a sour taste with me, so I researched it. I also was playing another PWE game named Jade after 2011, because my laptop wouldn't handle the massive world maps for long and started to overheat. That game looked a whole lot different, when I came back in 2015, after my laptop literally died a year on me in 2013. And I was literally standing alone there in the capital, with one player shop sitting in the Trading Realm and every time I wanted to interact with banker, I got Bug Report. That is how Jade went down. This game is compared to those PWE titles comparably maintained.
    So I would not call it right now. There is things that need to be addressed, and changed. For example this game does need a community manager who talks with the staff, because that is currently completely absent. Without that, things can't be communicated directly. For a while this forums mods took over functionality of a community manager, but lately the forums have been quiet for a while, since the look changed.

So tl;dr. Need more feedback from officials side, need a community mod, needs adjustments that suit western consumers needs (R9.3 for monkey), more consistent content updates, not just the big patches twice a year. That is at least what I hope for.
  • orlanda12#0525
    orlanda12#0525 Posts: 3 Arc User
    I too am among the people who expected it yesterday, hopeful about the mysterious mistimed maintenance. But boy was I sorely disappointed after a few hours wait. If they're not launching this update on the 28th of June (i.e. the only remaining Tuesday for a maintenance this month) then something's wrong. And funny how we're all expecting PWI to drop this update without prior announcement and they don't do it. But truly I do think that they should have a sense of courtesy at least for a staff member to answer our questions and corcerns here-they haven't even compensated yet for that broken event last month and I don't think they ever will. PWI staff is irresponsible and indifferent towards the players; the game has a vast of unfairness in it, but hey, we have the cashers to thank for keeping the game alive (no dig).

The only person we can ever ask an answer from is Fero (the person who is posting stuff), if there's anyone who can communicate with him, please do and inquire. I also have to acknowledge Obielle's absence. God bless them; I hope they're doing well.

And honestly, I'm feeling a bit envious of the other servers. Almost weekly they have something new, and a far more interactive GMs and whatnot. A lot of Codes, too, nearly monthly. PWI should emulate but PWI would never, PWI cant relate.
  • dawnsilver10
    edited June 2022
    The maintenance was the regular extended arc platform wide maintenance. I had the idea to dig through the forums of other gearbox publishing forums, especially neverwinter, cause that seems to be their favorite, and found there, even if it was a bit late, the notice that it was that type of maintenance.

About PWI dropping updates without notice. There have been times where this has actually happened. Most notable one was the Wings of Rebirth expansion, which was only heavily discussed on the forums and in official site updates, there was never a mention. Just suddenly at a regular wednesday maintenance (europe), the classes in the updates discussion thread have been renamed from Paladin and Gunner to Edgerunner and Technician. So it is not completely impossible. What I also could imagine to happen in this case is, if they finally drop the update, that they do it on launch day in an update post.
    This patch is mostly about skill changes in all classes, mainly untamed and a new sky level with a new instance. So it is nothing too big to expect there. It is similar to dawnlight last year, which added for human classes visuals. So does this one for the untamed race, but this mostly not works as it should.
    Their beast forms don't even have their high resolution models, yet. That is going to be added with the next little patch, that arrived in china in march. That is btw also why I was wishing for more regular patches to occur, rather 2 big ones twice a year. There is so much stuff broken mostly, and waiting another half year for that is not helping the community much.

About reaching out for staff members: I personally think, that the marketplace updates posts are pre-written and maybe set on a timer for a program to post this newspost. If you look on them all, they are all posted on round hours. Never 2 or 5 minutes late. It is always a full hour. Which leads me to believe that a program is doing these news updates. A program obviously can't post things itself, if a human wasn't preparing them beforehand. Therefore I find it indeed likely that we receive a surprise patch, than hearing from officials before.

Well ofc there is no harm in trying to reach out to any sort of GM or so and ask, especially now since there is a change in management and there is open questions. But another thing: Arc does have a new look, and I am well aware, that the lack of a push message from arc might be, because I am still using the old arc interface.
  • orlanda12#0525
    orlanda12#0525 Posts: 3 Arc User
    I wouldn't say . . . so it is nothing too big to expect there. . . . Everyone is looking forward to this update. I should know. There's skill updates that are game-changing and a new sky level that unlocks 3 glyph slots + a Dragon Rise Celebration that rewards a lot of freebies. Given PWI history of releases, we should have had seen a teaser post already about this update; and if they were to launch update next week (28th), they should release one now, a week before just like the Dawnlight and WW updates. Here's to hoping they'd release this update next week without so much as a teaser post, then.
    If what you theorize is true that the marketplace updates are auto-posted by some program, then we're definitely left to our own devices in this game, which devastatingly sucks. I just wish that a staff member or two-a legit source-would be interactive with the remaining playerbase.
  • dawnsilver10
    Ofc as a venomancer main i want that update too. But compared to for example wings of rebirth, it is way less. Wings of rebirth was overhauling the entire questing system, added new systems (marriage and master/apprentice). But I agree on that, its a quality of life update for the classes. I was really hyped when I read about that, and I thought we would get it. But then this change of management happened.
    It doesn't look like they are going to give up just now, especially after they made an important ring update available. Something is just taking longer. Personally I want to believe, that they actually testing things and release them as soon as everything works as it should. It's just that I am myself a bit disappointed that nothing has happened right away, after management change in april. So I am not yet sure, what they will be doing.

About the update I had this guttwrenching feeling, that they wasn't really getting it before the transition from PWE to Gearbox wasn't finished. And that they just translating it now. That is my actual personal fear that I had, while the Archosaur Warsong Event was in its final stage. That was when the arc client changed, and the forum suddenly looked weird. I researched it, why the forum looked "broken" and found why. Since then I got this random Idea in my head, that they only just started now with translation of patch. All other pw servers didn't have an Embracer buy their Publisher. So this is a clear possibility, and I also would like to know about that. I just share my ideas why things are like this. And especially with the last statement, that the translation & testing process cycle started just probably in may, is very bold, but currently it looks like that and I wish they would prove me wrong, by dropping it in the next week, but my personal hopes on that was not high since 8th of june, where I originally expected its launch, because of one error in Fero's news post on the x2 event and wonderland ending on 7th june.
    Which was removed few hours later.(is good indicator that he is actually a person) The thing with that is, that the launch of an expansion has been previously always paired up with one month full of x2 drop and tripple exp buff for all servers. That is why I put my hopes on the 8ths june. Can guess how I feel now after the hopeful maintenance on 22nd june...
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    In regards to Maint there was a special Arc maint in the morning.
    I did not realise this till the other day or I would have posted.

Ill read this fully in the next few days and see what I can feedback, Just keep in mind im only a player mod my self so I wont have all the answers.

Thanks.
  • metalsoldier#0920
    heero200 wrote: »
    In regards to Maint there was a special Arc maint in the morning.
    I did not realise this till the other day or I would have posted.

Ill read this fully in the next few days and see what I can feedback, Just keep in mind im only a player mod my self so I wont have all the answers.

Thanks.

Player Mod or not, ur closer to the staff than the rest of us. We appreciate the work you do. Keep it up bud.
  • metalsoldier#0920
    So i guess we are just not gonna get the update? or do the Devs just not care anymore?
  • heerohex#3018
    To be fair I'd rather wait until the developers have got the game into the correct position.

I hope it will be with us soon. Sadly I don't have any more information on this at this time.

Thanks.
  • dawnsilver10
    Maybe this time they are seriously discussing about a server merge. That would need adjustments and testing a lot. It would fit in perfectly to coincide with a new update, I think. I doubt that fixing Chrono Hunt would postpone the update for this long, so I put my bet on a discussion on a possible merge. Does the Arigora Colisseum 3v3 and Chrono Hunt work to this date? I didn't test these yet. So if they don't work since quite a while, they are also where they could be working on.

But overall it should be soon, as they was releasing, if I got it right for all their games an expansion the last months. Maybe that also contributed to the delay?
  • orsy#9359
    orsy#9359 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2022
    Maybe this time they are seriously discussing about a server merge. That would need adjustments and testing a lot. It would fit in perfectly to coincide with a new update, I think. I doubt that fixing Chrono Hunt would postpone the update for this long, so I put my bet on a discussion on a possible merge. Does the Arigora Colisseum 3v3 and Chrono Hunt work to this date? I didn't test these yet. So if they don't work since quite a while, they are also where they could be working on.

But overall it should be soon, as they was releasing, if I got it right for all their games an expansion the last months. Maybe that also contributed to the delay?

I find it difficult to intake all of your responses, respectfully saying. Do you have links to back them up or a friend in the staff perhaps or you're simply full of 1/3 interesting assumptions: because you throw a lot of without-substance suppositions of "I think" and "I bet" and "personally". What we need is a member of the actual staff to answer 1 simple question: When is this update launching? Or a Mod to reach out to ask when the update is dropping. One post is enough. All this wait and anticipation post-maintenance is awfully annoying.
    Post edited by orsy#9359 on
  • mankiller
    mankiller Posts: 30 Arc User
    Starting to think Pwi going shutdown just like FW.... Been over 9 month from cn pw update and 1.5 month since pwru update...pw cn already got their next new update already....
  • sven107
    sven107 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2022
    mankiller wrote: »
    Starting to think Pwi going shutdown just like FW.... Been over 9 month from cn pw update and 1.5 month since pwru update...pw cn already got their next new update already....

No official announces for a planned release date. For the Windwalker update, I believe an official announcement was 3 or 4 days prior. For Dawnlight, we had 2 full weeks before release. With this one, there hasn't been a peep. It makes me think they want to just let people keep cashing until they announce the closing of PWI and let you transfer your currency to another game like they did with FW.

I suggest everone hold off on spending until we hear something official.
    Post edited by heerohex#3018 on
  • plushie666
    I also got some mixed feelings about the long overdue update.

When i contacted support, they just gave me a vague answer to just check the news page on a regular base.
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news

Not really answering my questions about when or do we even gonna get the update.
    Also asked for an explenation why PWRU did get that update and we dont.

They just ignore those questions.

About spending its an individual choice.
    I woud not suggest anything about people there money. Its all there decision what they do with it.

But for me personally, i stopped spending until they release the long overdue update.
    Being Apex 10 max vitae and having all skills, there is just no point of doing it.

And the rate we get spend and charge rewards isnt normal either.
    When back in the day it was max once per month.
    Now its almost 3 times in 1 month.

No idea why heero200 edited @sven107 post.

But this is just my thought and opinion.

Have a nice day all !
  • heerohex#3018
    Would you like me to ask?

Also, general rule of some topics and or subjects are not allowed to be discussed on the forums. It's remove the post or edit that point.

Thanks.
  • sakti#1598
    sakti#1598 Posts: 26 Arc User
    The great desire of all players to find out the official decision of the owners of the pwi of the future fate of the game.
    Will we get a global update or not. You don't even need to know the exact timing, just the answer is whether it will be done at all or not.
    If the question comes from a moderator, perhaps the answer will contain at least some information, and not junk-spam.
  • plushie666
    edited July 2022

Yes please, the most of us asking for it they gotta give answers at some point.

It woud be very sad if gearbox decide to kill pwi.

This game is nostalgic for lot of players and provide us lots of fun.
    Even with all its bugs!

Thanks in advance.

Have a nice day all!
    Post edited by plushie666 on
  • heerohex#3018
    With the work we know has been done on pwi n forums I hope that will set a little at ease.

I'll ask but I'll be blunt I'm not expecting much if anything.

Thanks.
  • tneves#2075
    tneves#2075 Posts: 5 Arc User
    I wouldn't be surprised. the disregard for pwi is so great that even the Twitter button they put on their own website belongs to a personal profile and not a company LFMAO
  • plushie666
    With the work we know has been done on pwi n forums I hope that will set a little at ease.

I'll ask but I'll be blunt I'm not expecting much if anything.

Thanks.

Any luck yet?
  • heerohex#3018
    Not as of yet, awaiting a reply.

Thanks.
  • heerohex#3018
    Evening all,
    so had some feedback on this and I will say that the team are working on new content for our version of the game. I can not say a time scale by date at this point. Of course if this changes I will let you know!

Thanks.
  • plushie666
    edited July 2022
    Thank you heero200 !
    Post edited by plushie666 on
  • melody#5149
    melody#5149 Posts: 67 Arc User
    Thank you heero! This will put some ease to a lot of restless minds and we can enjoy the game again without worrying.

:)