Toxicity Ingame.

This Post has taken me a few days to think of what to write but I hope I can convey what I am trying to say...I have played this Game since November 2010 continuously albeit 4 weeks & this was because I suffered a Sudden Cardiac Arrest following a RTA..not going into details other than no heart output etc for 15mins, I was extremely lucky to be given CPR by a passing Spanish Neurologist until Paramedics arrived..Coma for 5 days and no cognitive function for at least a week after that...found to have acquired LongQT Syndrome and an ICD fitted...I have a small Hypoxic Brain injury but after being home for a few weeks decided to go back to playing PWI on the then Dreamweaver now Tideswell..progress was steady on hand, brain & eye coordination etc but playing actually helped me overcome some of the issues and my Psychologist said playing a Game such as PWI was a good thing! ( But now?) .. I still play unless on Vacation every day! But some people are so Toxic in this game it beggars belief! Not going to name the 'Psychic' and newcomer 'Edge ' who with a newly formed Guild fill WC with Toxic comments! The new Pious Sky level & lack of groups of the Mobs around BoS is causing so many issues atm...but this particular Psychic is going out of his way to cause drama to the point that many aren't bothering to do the daily there..I myself was in a Faction Vitea Squad with a few Squad members doing the daily 10k mob kill when said Psychic arrived demanding to be invited to the Squad or he would just aoe & kill them...I chose to ignore him as I was nearly finished and a close friend was healing and witnessed his behaviour..I got so stressed and help from my Faction was only helped by a BM friend as it was during xNW. I got so stressed my heart rate spiralled so high I thought my ICD was going to fire so with a few choice words in common chat relating to where he should stick his head I left the area & my PC trying to get this episode under Control...maybe I should of just turned the PC off and walked away but I didn't & 10 minutes later I came back to the game...I am an older player and I am appalled at people like this and I wonder what has happened in RL to make them so Toxic...from a Game that helped me recover from my SCA to one that has become so Toxic that the only reason I play now is because of the friendships in the Faction I have been in for over 8 years and time & money put into the Game..it doesn't help that the GM's really don't seem to care about the game and its players anymore..TW & SvS lands should of been reset a few months ago, this again is making the Game stressful as it's constant full on every weekend...besides the stress that Covid-19 is having on players and their families although some are playing or returning to PWI because of not working due to Lockdowns etc...I just wish people would engage their brains before causing WC Drama etc...sorry for the long post but I needed to get this down...hopefully my betablocker increase will help me to not get so stressed in the future but it would help if players were more aware of what their behaviour ingame is doing to other players..

Comments

  • gas2016#5086
    gas2016#5086 Posts: 70 Arc User
    Best way to play on Tideswell is just to ignore people. WC on that server is mostly used by people who just want to write something to just another person (so not the rest off the players) or to scam people by selling stuff for a large amount of gold coins. So that can be ignored too. Staying in Faction Chat always helps.

    About people who want to kill vitae mobs in a squad it's even easier: invite and don't do anything or just leave the squad right away, of course team members should do the same. If you stay in the squad let the moron do all the work. While "waiting" you can blacklist the one so he/she can't qq if he/she discovers you don't help. It also gives team members a break.
  • choasdriver
    choasdriver Posts: 60 Arc User
    That same psy has been warned many times by Gms who do nothing to him
  • oldphart55
    oldphart55 Posts: 130 Arc User
    when it becomes too toxic i just click on squad chat so i don't have to put up with the **** people who find the need to be toxic in game must have low level's of self esteem i do feel sorry for them being an old phart maybe i don't need to see all the **** cause been there done all that and more in my younger days
  • shimarra
    shimarra Posts: 192 Arc User
    You really shouldn't talk about toxicity when you were in game call people homophobic slurrs. I can post SS if you want.
  • gukibl#4031
    gukibl#4031 Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    Nothing wrong with the topic shimarra. However it's nice to know at least someone making screenshots of all the drama on Tideswell server. :D
  • plzhlpingame
    plzhlpingame Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    i mean, i could make some stuff up too and claim to be in such a bad way because of a game, but at the end of the day it is just that. A GAME. if this person is SO much stress to you, BLOCK them. theres so much fun on pwi without world chat. ask your faction for help. i know tempest isnt THAT dead.​​
    Post edited by heerohex#3018 on
  • zanog
    zanog Posts: 3 Arc User
    i agree that the new The new Pious Sky level & lack of groups is killing the game. It turned me in to a player i don't want to be. Thinking if i cant teem up with friends and have fun why play.
  • lax
    lax Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    The problem with the new spots are people bring theircharacter onto the 5/6 spawn setup their los DMG a tick AOE, bring 5 alts and sit there for 5 hours in 1 spot getting vitae on all their alts.
    Post edited by lax on
  • choasdriver
    choasdriver Posts: 60 Arc User
    if you havnt figured it out since 2010 yet then here is the scoop on how GMs moderate this game. They Dont. People break the 2 client policy all day, ppl cause others problems all day everyday, people run 30 shops in town with no repremands. They only care if thier boutique is in jeopardy
  • cosmosia1989
    cosmosia1989 Posts: 165 Arc User
    Ya, tideswell is only 2nd next to Etherblade in the "most toxic" battle. Try to ignore people like that. I have been subject to massive QQing and toxicity, due to my popularity in the game and maybe my personality as well but I learned to handle it fine. In fact, I always handled it fine. You know...there is no need for you to feel stressed or even shamed or insulted if people just spout random BS without any basis. What should truly hurt is the truth and only the truth and seeing that those that flame/stress you all probably don't know you...all they do doesnt have to concern you at all. Just ignore them. There are many people like that being a.ssbutts for the sake of being jerks, purposely messing with people to compensate for their own issues irl. If anything, you should pity those damned fools cause chances are that they are prolly very unhappy in their real lifes. No point in arguing or telling them that tho, because as humans are, protections are built so they won't admit it either way. Not to you and especially not to themselves. Hence the only choice is to ignore them.
  • datsang
    datsang Posts: 163 Arc User
    Ya, tideswell is only 2nd next to Etherblade in the "most toxic" battle. Try to ignore people like that. I have been subject to massive QQing and toxicity, due to my popularity in the game and maybe my personality as well but I learned to handle it fine. In fact, I always handled it fine. You know...there is no need for you to feel stressed or even shamed or insulted if people just spout random BS without any basis. What should truly hurt is the truth and only the truth and seeing that those that flame/stress you all probably don't know you...all they do doesnt have to concern you at all. Just ignore them. There are many people like that being a.ssbutts for the sake of being jerks, purposely messing with people to compensate for their own issues irl. If anything, you should pity those damned fools cause chances are that they are prolly very unhappy in their real lifes. No point in arguing or telling them that tho, because as humans are, protections are built so they won't admit it either way. Not to you and especially not to themselves. Hence the only choice is to ignore them.

    I`d be curious to see any sort of argument making Et the most toxic of them all. Et has some very distinct sides, which are prone to demonize each other but none of that should affect anybody outside of the server. And even so I dont think its any worse than other servers.

    As for the "hate" you get, I`ve only ever seen ppl trolling you for the dumb things you`ve said over the years and thats imo hardly toxicity. I find it utterly hilarious you consider yourself some sort of victim, you generally start every single thread/post with some sort of provocation and then go pikachu face when there is appropriate responses.
  • nibblescookiess
    nibblescookiess Posts: 33 Arc User
    If the drama is this good again I might just come back
  • liilith#1190
    liilith#1190 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    For me it isn't in WC as I as a rule due to the Drama don't have WC on but when the Psychic who I am not naming due to the ToS parks his toon there & AOE's when I am 3/4 of the way to finishing and demanding that I invite him to squad which I couldn't as I was not Vitea Squad Lead and the squad was full that is just plain Bullying...but as I said I haven't put anyone's ingames names as some have now done..ty :)
    Post edited by liilith#1190 on
  • plzhlpingame
    plzhlpingame Posts: 14 Arc User
    If the drama is this good again I might just come back
    OMG NO PLZ NO MORE QSM

  • padautz17
    padautz17 Posts: 66 Arc User
    r6sue wrote: »
    said Psychic arrived demanding to be invited to the Squad or he would just aoe & kill them...I chose to ignore him
    r6sue wrote: »
    so with a few choice words in common chat relating to where he should stick his head I left the area & my PC
    r6sue wrote: »
    10 minutes later I came back to the game...I am an older player and I am appalled at people like this and I wonder what has happened in RL to make them so Toxic
    r6sue wrote: »
    only reason I play now is because of the friendships in the Faction I have been in for over 8 years and time & money put into the Game

    Toxic player or not, your behaviour isnt any better. A player shows up and asks you to invite him so you could farm together. This way everyone would get a fair share of vitae exp and this would also speed up the process to hit the 10k limit for everyone (especially for you guys since he would use aoes means he would hit all mobs and get a share of the vitae after they get killed anyway). Yet you choose to completly ignore him. You could have said that you are almost done, how long you need to be done or simply just "no". But nope. you just ignored his offer and didnt say anything. Yet you are surprised about his behaviour and that he isnt happy about YOUR actions. Instead your reactions to all of this - as the nice person you are - is to insult him by telling him "where he should stick his head". Yet you are wondering about other players being toxic....and ofc, you claim that you play this game for friendship. Yup, your actions clearly show this. You should think about your own actions first before you point the finger at others.

    Also you should try to understand other people and their reasons behind their behaviour too. You said it - the vitae spots are always taken especially around the weekend and the fact that even more players play this game now due to corona makes this even worse. Others have to farm vitae too and not just you. But when should they farm when all spots are always taken? Never? This seems to be your solution. You should understand that not everyone can play this game 24/7 like you and many of us are still working. Their time to do their dailies and farm vitae is limited and they have to use it wisely. They cant sit there for hours hoping that one of the spots will become empty. Also everyone who hits the mobs will always get a fair share of the vitae exp. So as long as you are not a leecher flying in the air and doing nothing - where is the problem? I see it every day. My playtime is limited as well and i try to wait for spot to become empty but its impossible. So i have to farm at a spot where i hope not to bother anyone but its impossible. Even though i just use single target skills and they always spam aoes - means they also get vitae from the mob which i'm killing basically alone. Yet they think i'm stealing their mobs or their vitae gg. YOU DONT OWN THIS PLACE. ITS NOT YOURS. WTF. This fact is especially 'funny' in combination with the next quote.

    lax wrote: »
    The problem with the new spots are people bring their character onto the 5/6 spawn setup their los DMG a tick AOE, bring 5 alts and sit there for 5 hours in 1 spot getting vitae on all their alts.

    THIS is exactly the problem. I'm always seeing 1-2 weak people at the spots of the 5-6 mobs and an army of alts in the air. They need ages to kill 1 wave of mobs. Yet they cry me a river when i show up and just kill 1 mob at a time - since i only use single target skills like i mentioned. But it seems that even this 1 mob is too much for them. Its not enough that they ONLY get 4-5 mobs for themself alone. Nope. Bets part is that they instantly have to throw out insults. Sure, some are asking politely but most of them not. Just insults and claiming that you steal their mobs.

  • nowayoutgtx960
    nowayoutgtx960 Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    Every single game you play will always have toxic people, however its up to you to let them affect you speacially in pwi where you can do a couple of things that will make their act pointless. If anyone bothers you, you can simple blacklist them and that's that, If you finding a hard time doing Pious sky mobs because of said acts, you can do the magnier mobs which is a bit slower but just as effective for Pious Sky.

    This game was designed to be a brutal competitive asian game, now imagine being on a forced white name situation while doing daillies on a completely toxic server,where everyone will just RPK* you for the fun of it. PWI is a blessed version of PW for daillies, and we should all enjoy it, a.k.a Blue name.

    *Random Pk
  • datsang
    datsang Posts: 163 Arc User
    I`m just gonna explain how vitae gain works as its clearly not well understood even in this thread. You get the portion of vitae you deal in mobs HP in dmg. This is if you are alone. For squads its the same `cept it takes squads dmg and then splits that among players. Now heres the kicker, "exp sharing" rules apply to vit mobs. Meaning more ppl in the squad vitae gets split for more than 100% of the mobs value. So as long as you dont invite ppl who are not pulling their worth, its always better to squad up with other players as long as you are of the same boundary level. Being different boundary levels seems to kill the vitae gain for everybody.

    Tl;dr: Squading is beneficial to vit gain as long as boundary levels are the same and everybody pulls their wight. Its also impossible to actually steal your vitae of the mobs you are killing short of ppl being dicks and pulling the mobs outside of your AoEs.
  • cosmosia1989
    cosmosia1989 Posts: 165 Arc User
    datsang wrote: »
    Ya, tideswell is only 2nd next to Etherblade in the "most toxic" battle. Try to ignore people like that. I have been subject to massive QQing and toxicity, due to my popularity in the game and maybe my personality as well but I learned to handle it fine. In fact, I always handled it fine. You know...there is no need for you to feel stressed or even shamed or insulted if people just spout random BS without any basis. What should truly hurt is the truth and only the truth and seeing that those that flame/stress you all probably don't know you...all they do doesnt have to concern you at all. Just ignore them. There are many people like that being a.ssbutts for the sake of being jerks, purposely messing with people to compensate for their own issues irl. If anything, you should pity those damned fools cause chances are that they are prolly very unhappy in their real lifes. No point in arguing or telling them that tho, because as humans are, protections are built so they won't admit it either way. Not to you and especially not to themselves. Hence the only choice is to ignore them.

    I`d be curious to see any sort of argument making Et the most toxic of them all. Et has some very distinct sides, which are prone to demonize each other but none of that should affect anybody outside of the server. And even so I dont think its any worse than other servers.

    As for the "hate" you get, I`ve only ever seen ppl trolling you for the dumb things you`ve said over the years and thats imo hardly toxicity. I find it utterly hilarious you consider yourself some sort of victim, you generally start every single thread/post with some sort of provocation and then go pikachu face when there is appropriate responses.

    But see, your response is the perfect, heck the best example there could ever be. I wasn't even talking about myself, I was merely pointing out myself as an example. You don't even have a single clue as to what I am referring to , those forums 100% not tho. You assume just like anyone else, creating toxicity. Just as was mostly pointing out to BS other people have said on the forums and anyone always gets hyper pissed about it.

    As for the "dumb" things I have said, like people complaining about me QQing about gear difference. Odd, wonder which squad is at the top at 3v3 right now...Losing max 1 fight every 20-ish or so fights on absolute equal terms. Wonder who predicted that. Wonder who said that those nubs up there were up there just because of gear. It was true. Anyone always knew I was right but people just can't admit it to themselves. That is another point. Ones own failures is what drives toxicity the most, jealousy, fear of being exposed and having egos shattered. I don't care one bit what people think of me at all, I am merely applying logic to anything and the post I made here was for the OP and not about myself. If I wanna make things about myself you will notice, dw.
  • devilish2
    devilish2 Posts: 6 Arc User
    my spot...how can be yours spot?cuz you camp 5h same spot ,he became ...yours?idk,never thinking too much about squads whos camping vitae mobs...i just come,auto culty ON...10min later bai ...and yes...idc about ...YOUR spot ...the end ,no drama daily 10k vitae done,alls happy ...this is how Et works...no drama at all PS...yea ,im whitenamed so...you can fight for YOUR spot :)
  • guidoaquilino#7798
    guidoaquilino#7798 Posts: 2 New User
    The new Pious Sky level & lack of groups is killing the game...