[MAINT] SERVER MAINTENANCE 06/09/20 EXPANSION! (COMPLETE)

heerohex#3018
heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
edited June 2020 in Official Announcements
Please Feel Free to Update If needs Be. Please note this is not the Official Info and as such you should keep checking for updates. This post should only be used as a reminder for standard Maint Times and info.

Please Note: Please be patient and bear with the team, as US offices are being affected by epidemic precautions. I will Update If I find out more.

Maintenance tonight is expected it to start around 23:00 PT, I will try to update as I can for any changes.

* US West (Et/Tw) 06/09/20 - 23:00 * US East (Ti) 06/10/20 - 02:00 * EU (Da) 06/10/20 - 08:00 * UTC 06/10/20 - 06:00 *
All times and dates are approximate to location and use MM/DD/YY

Maintenance is expected to last approximately 4 hours, so during that time you will not be able to access the live servers.
*Maintenance times are tentative and are subject to change at any time. Actual end times will vary depending on the progress of the maintenance.
PWI Northern Realms Patch Notes Link Here.

Thank you for your patience and we apologize for the inconvenience.
Question for this week - Any Questions you think I Should add to the Returning Player FAQ

Thanks.
​​
Post edited by obielle on

Comments

• heerohex#3018
    Evening all,

Just a few things to note, We will continue to monitor NW on the ET and TW servers for a few weeks and report any issues back. Please continue to report any issues on this in the thread.

I have asked a few questions that have been asked in the last few weeks and had some feedback on some of the items so ill update the threads where I need to and am able to.

Ive also double checked my post for tonight, Sorry about last weeks mistake.

Thanks.​​
  • leh0808
    leh0808 Posts: 22 Arc User
    give us the expansion!
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    edited June 2020
    Looks like you got your wish xD Expansion time! I'll be scurrying to prepare the wiki in the meantime.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • athrinbal
    athrinbal Posts: 31 Arc User
    Is this like, for reals for reals?
  • leh0808
    obielle wrote: »
    Looks like you got your wish xD Expansion time! I'll be scurrying to prepare the wiki in the meantime.
    are you serious?

• obielle
    athrinbal wrote: »

yup yup! News post was just made: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/11452803-pwi-content-update:-northern-realms

Was a surprise to all of us ehehehe

• leh0808
    athrinbal wrote: »

yup yup! News post was just made: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/11452803-pwi-content-update:-northern-realms

Was a surprise to all of us ehehehe

well damn, just read the patch notes where are the skill updates?
  • obielle
    leh0808 wrote: »

They tend to forget things in the patch notes which isn't surprising...I'll be checking for the skill updates once the game is back up. I'll be adding a complete list of patch notes on PWpedia which may include more than what PWI has mentioned in the news post (I tend to compile these notes based on other versions of Perfect World)

• leh0808

They tend to forget things in the patch notes which isn't surprising...I'll be checking for the skill updates once the game is back up. I'll be adding a complete list of patch notes on PWpedia which may include more than what PWI has mentioned in the news post (I tend to compile these notes based on other versions of Perfect World)

For all classes: the Duskborn Armors are embedded with the Sacred Spirit of powerful attributes. Some attributes can reduce Attack Interval for Light Armor classes, and other attributes can increase Channeling Speed for Arcane Armor classes;

- For all classes: the Duskborn Helms are embedded with Special Yellow Moonlight Crystal.
    - wtf is this?????
  • sharkky#8608
    sharkky#8608 Posts: 24 Arc User
    Hmm I haven't played this game in over a year - The expansion looks kinda cheesy, imma log in and check it out tho, not hoping for much at this point. Is g17 more obtainable, or is it still a 5k year grind?
  • heerohex#3018
    Please note, With expansions.
    Maintenance is expected to last approximately 4 hours, so during that time you will not be able to access the live servers.
    *Maintenance times are tentative and are subject to change at any time. Actual end times will vary depending on the progress of the maintenance.

Thanks.​​
  • obielle
    For all classes: the Duskborn Armors are embedded with the Sacred Spirit of powerful attributes. Some attributes can reduce Attack Interval for Light Armor classes, and other attributes can increase Channeling Speed for Arcane Armor classes;

- For all classes: the Duskborn Helms are embedded with Special Yellow Moonlight Crystal.
    - wtf is this?????

This appears to be in relation to the buff everyone receives in Battle of Survival to have "equal equipment". Duskborn refers to the Twilight Warsoul Equipment. I don't think the buff in the past had sacred spirits/moonlight crystals added into them before so they're just updating it. I believe these updates are mostly based on the opinions of the CN playerbase. It's supposed to also take effect in Arigora Colosseum.

• datsang
    datsang Posts: 163 Arc User

- wtf is this?????

This appears to be in relation to the buff everyone receives in Battle of Survival to have "equal equipment". Duskborn refers to the Twilight Warsoul Equipment. I don't think the buff in the past had sacred spirits/moonlight crystals added into them before so they're just updating it. I believe these updates are mostly based on the opinions of the CN playerbase. It's supposed to also take effect in Arigora Colosseum.

I was gonna say I see nothing bout Arigora Colosseum. But guess we`ll see if we are the only servers who dont get that update, even if it would be temporary season like it seems to have been on CN if I`m not mistaken.
  • leh0808
    anyone have link for download the patch? instead of using ingame client
  • fededomino
    fededomino Posts: 243 Arc User
    Mabye this update dont suit us in western world living , many player aint PvP but only play for chill out and laidback comfortable day , that is okay , we will see how it goes , with playerdatabase .
    by my self i dont like to be forced into stuff i dont like , and stay passive to new stuff , what we need is we have a direct chat to developers about what we want and dream about , but it been long ago we had hear from developers , so they mabye develope in blindness and dont have an input from players in western world , very sad .
    ps, will Tremolo park be open today ?????
  • datsang

They havent done manual patches in years so no, there wont be one.
  • sharkky#8608
    sharkky#8608 Posts: 24 Arc User
    fededomino wrote: »
    Mabye this update dont suit us in western world living , many player aint PvP but only play for chill out and laidback comfortable day , that is okay , we will see how it goes , with playerdatabase .
    by my self i dont like to be forced into stuff i dont like , and stay passive to new stuff , what we need is we have a direct chat to developers about what we want and dream about , but it been long ago we had hear from developers , so they mabye develope in blindness and dont have an input from players in western world , very sad .
    ps, will Tremolo park be open today ?????

This is nothing new though, it has been a long time since a majority of the PW2 playerbase has felt the developers attention. It has been a long time since players on PW2 have felt the developers have cared about their opinion. It is what it is sadly.
  • heerohex#3018
    datsang wrote: »

They haven't done manual patches in years so no, there wont be one.

This was confirmed a while back that there would be no manual patches.

The patcher is live so you can start downloading.

Thanks.​​
  • leh0808
    heero200 wrote: »
    datsang wrote: »

They haven't done manual patches in years so no, there wont be one.

This was confirmed a while back that there would be no manual patches.

The patcher is live so you can start downloading.

Thanks.​​

yeah but im keep getting error messages
  • obielle
    Servers are up!

• leh0808
    Servers are up!

still update errors><
  • leh0808
    anyone else is having issues downloading the patch?
  • bok888#8554
    bok888#8554 Posts: 3 Arc User

still updating, since 1 hour ago. >.<
  • muh14
    muh14 Posts: 12 Arc User

yea..file download appear error..over and over again..
    cant finish the update

• leh0808
    muh14 wrote: »

yea..file download appear error..over and over again..
    cant finish the update

seems like the patch is in a error loop.......
  • leh0808
    has anyone successfully updated the game and are in right now?
  • datsang

Plenty of ppl have. Your problem seems to be a problem with your patcher or whatever which doesnt affect others as I havent seen other reports of said problem.
  • heerohex#3018

all i can suggest is to check some of your patch settings. In the past some have caused issues and others work but we have found its different for different people for some reason.

Also try restarting your computer first to see if that helps.

let us know if you find a solution that works for you as im sure others will have the same problem.

Thanks.​​
  • muh14
    muh14 Posts: 12 Arc User
    restarted and even switched between patch 1 and 2..same issues
  • lax
    lax Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    Can we get an option to move servers since we got forced onto the EU server and now we can't do Tundra Battles. Was looking forward to this for over a year from my JD days. Now it's released and we can't even go to it because it's at 8pm-10pm server time. AKA 2pm-4pm EST for the original Harshlands players. Either change the time so everyone on DA can do it or let us change server.

Tundra Campaign

Participation: From 10:00 to 20:00 on Tuesdays, players can hand in the army supplies they have gathered from the previous week to the Arms Manager of their Allegiance to increase their Armament Level.

Available from 20:00 to 22:00 on Tuesdays
    Post edited by lax on