[MAINT] SERVER MAINTENANCE 09/17/19 (Complete)

heerohex#3018
heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,799 Community Moderator
edited September 2019 in Official Announcements
Please Feel Free to Update If needs Be. Please note this is not the Official Info and as such you should keep checking for updates. This post should only be used as a reminder for standard Maint Times and info.
Server Status Provided By @nrglg (Reload Page To Update)
current.png

If there is maintenance tonight expect it to be the usual time unless any updates, from 11pm to 2am PDT.

Edit For Patch Notes Link Here. Or Assume for just a Server Restart / Minor Updates.
Maintenance is expected to last approximately 4 hours, so during that time you will not be able to access the live servers.
*Maintenance times are tentative and are subject to change at any time. Actual end times will vary depending on the progress of the maintenance.

Thank you for your patience and we apologize for the inconvenience.

Carry on the conversation - New Classes - How are you doing?
Question for this week - Are you working on G17 Gears, if no why are you not?

Thanks.
​​
Post edited by heerohex#3018 on

Comments

• obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator

I want to work on g17 gear (weapon and/or armor) because I always want to improve my character, but I haven't really made much progress. I just have the 1st cast g17 weapon. When they came out I wasn't able to play PWI as much as I wanted and never really got into homesteads or anything properly. I thought about giving it a try but skulls and skull shards are pretty darn expensive, and farming on my own would be hard. I used to merch in the past to get my gears but I stopped years ago and can't really pick it back up.

As for the g17 armor, I haven't even attempted to start farming it. Mostly because sadly not many people run TT4-x from what I see. I managed to go on my first TT4-2 run just a couple of days ago and it's been out for almost 4 months. I really enjoy the challenge that comes from the new TTs so it's a shame people don't run them more often.

As for other g17 stuff I've never done arena :# I'm not too good at pvp lol
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • brantanor
    brantanor Posts: 72 Arc User
    Not working on G17 gears, and that for a few reasons :

- you need to be lvl 105 to use the gear
    - it's very very time consuming and/or it costs a lot to make
    - the benefits do not outweigh the cost in time and coin

Pwi is the only one that has their version of R9 gear. That gear is more then sufficient to play the game and is for
    most players 'end game' gear. There are some who absolutely want to go down the path of G17, but their numbers
    are so very low that it's not really worth the trouble.

I have yet to set one foot into TTR, and i seriously doubt i ever will. The chinese might be crazy enuf to farm endlessly their
    instances, but we in the western world have other things to do besides grinding our butts off for hours on end, and that for months or even years just to be able to say "Hey look, more pretty pixels".

On a side note, the gear available through arena is kinda rediculous. We're on a pvE server, yet have to pvP to be able to obtain gear to be able to use on a pvE server. Where's the logic in that ? Besides, i hate Pvping, unless it's the occasional TW. some ppl hate pvping so much that they're willing to buy expensive arigora coin giftpacks instead of doing the weekly for their 100 coin.
    That should be an indicatort on how badly the dev's mess it all up.

So yeh, G17 ? No thx, not worth it, can't be bothered, and frankly it's out of my reach cashwise.

a small ps, since i'm here anyways : wth is this 11th anniversary supposed to be ? Looks more like a funeral to me seeing how much the players 'get' for playing the game for so long..... I expected a birthday cake but instead i get a shovel to dig a grave.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,799 Community Moderator
    obielle wrote: »

I want to work on g17 gear (weapon and/or armor) because I always want to improve my character, but I haven't really made much progress. I just have the 1st cast g17 weapon. When they came out I wasn't able to play PWI as much as I wanted and never really got into homesteads or anything properly. I thought about giving it a try but skulls and skull shards are pretty darn expensive, and farming on my own would be hard. I used to merch in the past to get my gears but I stopped years ago and can't really pick it back up.

As for the g17 armor, I haven't even attempted to start farming it. Mostly because sadly not many people run TT4-x from what I see. I managed to go on my first TT4-2 run just a couple of days ago and it's been out for almost 4 months. I really enjoy the challenge that comes from the new TTs so it's a shame people don't run them more often.

As for other g17 stuff I've never done arena :# I'm not too good at pvp lol

Yer Ive been feeling the same really with most of your thoughts. Arena is out of my time zone so make this hard.
    brantanor wrote: »
    Not working on G17 gears, and that for a few reasons :

- you need to be lvl 105 to use the gear
    - it's very very time consuming and/or it costs a lot to make
    - the benefits do not outweigh the cost in time and coin

Pwi is the only one that has their version of R9 gear. That gear is more then sufficient to play the game and is for
    most players 'end game' gear. There are some who absolutely want to go down the path of G17, but their numbers
    are so very low that it's not really worth the trouble.

I have yet to set one foot into TTR, and i seriously doubt i ever will. The chinese might be crazy enuf to farm endlessly their
    instances, but we in the western world have other things to do besides grinding our butts off for hours on end, and that for months or even years just to be able to say "Hey look, more pretty pixels".

On a side note, the gear available through arena is kinda rediculous. We're on a pvE server, yet have to pvP to be able to obtain gear to be able to use on a pvE server. Where's the logic in that ? Besides, i hate Pvping, unless it's the occasional TW. some ppl hate pvping so much that they're willing to buy expensive arigora coin giftpacks instead of doing the weekly for their 100 coin.
    That should be an indicatort on how badly the dev's mess it all up.

So yeh, G17 ? No thx, not worth it, can't be bothered, and frankly it's out of my reach cashwise.

a small ps, since i'm here anyways : wth is this 11th anniversary supposed to be ? Looks more like a funeral to me seeing how much the players 'get' for playing the game for so long..... I expected a birthday cake but instead i get a shovel to dig a grave.

Yer again Im thinking similar thoughts.

Im saving the mats for G17, Tho Im not doing hard runs back to back. At some point I will got G17 on weapon odds are I will never get the Armor. As for Arena this is annoying really as its another even outside my time. So something I dont think ill ever really bother with.

As servers are showing up ill leave it their. See you in Perfect World!

Thanks.​​