Bugs/Error with the latest Expansion

13»

Comments

• obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    All I've heard about regarding the graphics issues is that they're aware of it, they've forwarded the issues to the tech team but they're not sure if/when there will be a patch to fix it. That's from ticket responses that other people have mentioned. Nothing more we can do at the moment except wait and hope a patch comes soon.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • mistii#4371
    mistii#4371 Posts: 2 Arc User
    Some1 had already mentioned the Soften setting not working other then to brighten a smidge. I wanted to confirm that happening to me as well.

I run Win 10 on a very good gaming rig so none of these issues r my CPU/GPU.
    Another setting that is broken is WARP. It is turned on 24/7 with no way to turn it off now. The checkbox associated with it in settings does not respond to turning it off. The setting being ON makes effects move/shift and is most noticed under water, while skills r going off or on things like the 1st boss in UPD forceshield that's around him. It can be disorienting to game play but most of all it's a pain 'cause u cant turn it off to try to help counteract the new lag spike we have since the expansion.

I also have had the freezing issue and bad lag along with game-only graphics flickering with thin dark lines across parts of the screen. It comes and goes.

Like others, I also have the other very noticeable on screen quest tracker auto-path issue. The links are not aligned with what is supposed to be the click area. I've found though that **the click area is offset to the right of what should be the link** sometimes making u click on another word or what looks to be nothing. So far finding the click spot to the right has not failed me yet. Hope this helps with some frustration over this issue till the glitch is fixed. The cursor does change when u find the right spot to click so let that be ur guide.

Finally, the last glitch I'm listing is that my Bestiary window (aside from ENTER button and decorations) is completely blank. I tried it in and out of instances and re-logged and still nothing. No words or monster pics whatsoever. It used to work fine before the special Tideswell only maintenance.
  • obielle
    edited September 2018
    Finally, the last glitch I'm listing is that my Bestiary window (aside from ENTER button and decorations) is completely blank. I tried it in and out of instances and re-logged and still nothing. No words or monster pics whatsoever. It used to work fine before the special Tideswell only maintenance.

Have you tried verifying files since then? It might help bring the info back. I'll have a check myself to see if I'm seeing the same thing you do. UPDATE: Checked characters from both Twilight Temple and Tideswell, I can see the Bestiary fine.

• bulletman
    bulletman Posts: 32 Arc User
    i did expect that they fix tome forges with this patch but still invalid srevice i dident send a ticket to pwi wondering if they know
  • smatt
    smatt Posts: 7 Arc User
    alcantara9 wrote: »
    Not sure what's going on but, my game has been freezing..
    It simply stops. doesn't disconenct me or anything.
    I have to kill process on task manager, (and toon goes off right away), then log back in.

Win 10 - AMD 8350 processor - radeon r9380 graphic card.

I didnt have that issue before. Im playing on lowest graph now. see what happens.

I have the same issue , can any GM fix that please ?
  • phage69
    phage69 Posts: 112 Arc User
    shopcheese wrote: »
    I just received "Never Getting Old" title on my alt, which is a +25 pattk/mattk +300 accuracy title which you get when you complete all wonderland free rides. However my main and other alts that got all the free ride titles before the expansion did not get this title even though they qualify for it. Taking the rides an extra time did not trigger it. This is a really annoying bug/error as I really am a title hunter, especially ones with stats.

Apparently the Wonderland Advanced titles arent recognizing pre-requisite titles were already met before expansion dropped which sux big time

Can you please fix these titles so they recognize we already did the work!!!!!??????
  • iamnotnormal
    iamnotnormal Posts: 66 Arc User
    seem people don't really noticed this one...
    Auto Culty bugs on vitae mobs
    while on auto culty i used only single target skills since i can't tank all of them at the same time
    but somehow after a while auto culty targets another mob that i was not engaging at the time
    now 2 mobs are attacking me..
    can someone confirm if this is indeed a bug...
    twilight sky mob has about 2m hp but somehow ... after dealing about 3/4 damage to it then it changes target to another one..
    pls i really need confirmation on this one...
  • obielle
    while on auto culty i used only single target skills since i can't tank all of them at the same time
    but somehow after a while auto culty targets another mob that i was not engaging at the time
    twilight sky mob has about 2m hp but somehow ... after dealing about 3/4 damage to it then it changes target to another one..

Ooh yeah, I had that problem with my sin when I was using autoculti on them but I kind of assumed it was a general issue with the system. I never really checked it before so it might have been an issue before this update.

As for why it happens, I think it might have something to do with the amount of time you spend killing a single mob. My sin gets the issue with Astral Sky mobs and she's pretty slow at killing, so I find she'll swap targets once or even twice during autoculti. The system might think the mob is "unreachable" when you spend a long time on a mob and it goes to switch targets, like when you target a mob and can't run to it because there's an obstacle in the way. Of course, that doesn't make sense because you're hitting it so you can clearly reach it, but that might be the way it's coded since it's similar behavior. Like maybe it just checks "is this mob dead yet" and does not check "am I still hitting the mob" if it isn't dead, which leads to this issue.

Not really much of a fix for it unfortunately unless your character can handle the 2 mobs or you just manually fight each mob. Personally my sin can't even handle one mob so I have to have a cleric on standby healing and can get pretty boring pretty quickly.

• iamnotnormal
    iamnotnormal Posts: 66 Arc User
    i guess it really does happen. ty @obielle for confirmation my nub was also a sin..got +10 ws weapon. only have 20k atk and that is not fast.... u prolly need atleast 30k atk to make this faster.and ofc gof...
    prolly won't get fixed any time soon ... but i wish they really fix this..
  • scythopath#4586
    scythopath#4586 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    I have the same issue
  • master999
    master999 Posts: 1 Arc User
    any one notice half squad wipes in FSJ Mushi
  • tideborn20090
    tideborn20090 Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    obielle wrote: »

Ooh yeah, I had that problem with my sin when I was using autoculti on them but I kind of assumed it was a general issue with the system. I never really checked it before so it might have been an issue before this update.

As for why it happens, I think it might have something to do with the amount of time you spend killing a single mob. My sin gets the issue with Astral Sky mobs and she's pretty slow at killing, so I find she'll swap targets once or even twice during autoculti. The system might think the mob is "unreachable" when you spend a long time on a mob and it goes to switch targets, like when you target a mob and can't run to it because there's an obstacle in the way. Of course, that doesn't make sense because you're hitting it so you can clearly reach it, but that might be the way it's coded since it's similar behavior. Like maybe it just checks "is this mob dead yet" and does not check "am I still hitting the mob" if it isn't dead, which leads to this issue.

Not really much of a fix for it unfortunately unless your character can handle the 2 mobs or you just manually fight each mob. Personally my sin can't even handle one mob so I have to have a cleric on standby healing and can get pretty boring pretty quickly.

It happened pre expansion.
    I tried using auto culti on barb to rank fsj toad/ while heal macroing on Ep and killing coins on db. After about 2-3 min auto culti starts looking for another target, so it didn’t really work out. Didn’t much figure it would lol but toad is the hardest one in there imop to do normal so I was trying.
  • werewolves#6809
    werewolves#6809 Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    iamnotnormal wrote: »

Acturally I tried botting some mobs I could 2 shot, same thing happened lol even without the mobs being like 2m hp
    It happened pre expansion.
    I tried using auto culti on barb to rank fsj toad/ while heal macroing on Ep and killing coins on db. After about 2-3 min auto culti starts looking for another target, so it didn’t really work out. Didn’t much figure it would lol but toad is the hardest one in there imop to do normal so I was trying.

This is why I tend to flip between clients a lot just to check things working ok. However on my barb I find he just stops attacking all together even though he has the mana to use skills