Expansion Feature Spotlight #5

demansfairy
demansfairy Posts: 456 Arc User
Since there isn't a thread up yet: Item wise, I think everyone would pick up glyphs (especially higher level ones) and shard skulls, likely not much else since the market is flooded with the other materials, unless you're allowed to add in jagged mats. HOWEVER Price wise: Not a chance in hell at those prices, they're extremely high and most of the server is better off just buying from the market, for example, on Hwlight Hemple shards are less than 60mil ea while gold is typically 7-8m ea, so even at 8 gold most people would be better off jsut selling on the market and buying a shard with the coin from another player. Another example is the dull ether jade which is barley 200k (= to about 02.5 gold) though the price in the screen shot is 1.26 gold which is about 50 times higher than the market value.

tldr: The merchant's prices should probably be tailored to the server's current cost of those goods(undercutting slightly), otherwise it's completely pointless.
(though i seriously doubt anyone in charge of that npc is going to read this thread)
full +12 SB, currently lv 105 105 105

Comments

• dylandarkk1
    dylandarkk1 Posts: 64 Arc User
    thanks for having other ways to obtain Dull Zenith Shards. :)
  • phage69
    phage69 Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Or they just leave those prices and the players are gonna raise prices on stuff to meet pwi which is usually the how it works >,> Curious if someone spawns the NPC and one player buys out say everything, thena second squad spawns the NPC does the buy list reset for ech individual spawning or is the second squad just SOL???? Hope it doesnt work tht way our greedy player base will make this yet another useless expansion for 90% of the population if so
  • nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    "PLEASE NOTE : These prices are not representative of the final LIVE version"

It says this, but let's be honest, we all know they'll try to overcharge us xD Like how profaned wood goes for 18 gold when it's on the boutique.

Honestly, I'm getting kinda annoyed, they are so desperate to keep people interested that they've been teasing this expansion since forever and make it look like there's so much content by making so many spotlights when this expansion is extremely small.

- Important Notices For Next Expansion; Guys, some gems are changing grades, we're taking away starchart stuff from FS and putting them into IU, aren't we awesome?
    - Spotlight 1: You can refine tomes, but only to guaranteed +8, cause we wanna see you guys fail at trying to get +12, later we'll release +12 after you've spent enough on aids.
    - Spotlight 2: There's a beastiary with information now (legit one cool thing for new players (where are the new players???D:)
    - Spotlight 3: A tiny bit more of the NF map with more dailies, leggo, do them, oh, and new sky lvl, royal sky!
    - Spotlight 4: HAVE WE TALKED ABOUT THE NEW SKY LVL? GUESS NOT! Also, new mobs that give vitae, such fuuun.
    - Spotlight 5: There's a merchant, 70% chance to spawn in UPD, DHD, DHJ, we will overprice stuff. You're welcome.

This could all be included in maybe 2 posts, but they're trying to create hype over this "no content" because they see people keep leaving and are trying to pretend the game is still getting good fresh stuff. Unless they really have something good up their sleeve, this expansion doesn't seem to add anything new per say.

Just my opinion, but I feel the time and way they are exposing this expansion is so stupid and shows how they much they are needing to grab attention.

Mr. Justice
  • demansfairy
    nbreaking wrote: »
    - Spotlight 2: There's a beastiary with information now (legit one cool thing for new players (where are the new players???D:)

To be fair, most of our CURRENT players don't know how bosses work so that one could help somewhat. Agree with rest of the post.
  • chipboy
    chipboy Posts: 56 Arc User

To be fair, most of our CURRENT players don't know how bosses work so that one could help somewhat. Agree with rest of the post.

What are the chances people actually read it though, half the time I still see people linking items asking what it's for and it's clearly written in the description lol
  • nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User

Oh, i wasn't being sarcastic on that one, i legit think the beastiary is cool, the "where are the new players?" was a joke xD

Mr. Justice
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    chipboy wrote: »

What are the chances people actually read it though, half the time I still see people linking items asking what it's for and it's clearly written in the description lol

LMFAO THIS
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • niicabr
    niicabr Posts: 33 Arc User
    Are those itens from merchant personal or per squad ?
  • phage69
    phage69 Posts: 112 Arc User
    niicabr wrote: »

assuming for all of squad but still curious if thts all tht is available daily or if it resets for ech spawning xD

• demansfairy
    phage69 wrote: »
    niicabr wrote: »

assuming for all of squad but still curious if thts all tht is available daily or if it resets for ech spawning xD

It's probably all that's available per spawn, not per day, otherwise it would be cleared out within the first 15-20 mins of server reset ( assuming prices are actually worth buying the item), especially since this is tailored to china who has a much higher player base than us.
  • happyhail
    happyhail Posts: 129 Arc User
    I have no doubt that prices will be unreasonable and outrageous, making it dead content from the very beginning. Just like everything else, the 'It's China, not us! Blame them!' excuse is already queued up.
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    happyhail wrote: »
    I have no doubt that prices will be unreasonable and outrageous, making it dead content from the very beginning. Just like everything else, the 'It's China, not us! Blame them!' excuse is already queued up.

This
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • werewolves#6809
    werewolves#6809 Posts: 137 Arc User
    I wonder if people will wc that a npc spawned selling the items like when the crystals from dh were being sold for culti.

This mostly in the case of the gold items, I also think this npc works like molds in ws, and they poof after a certin time (this being from what I understood from the china notes).