Pack/Key Chances

mneug
mneug Posts: 1 Arc User
What is up with Duke constant shouting? Is Key and Pack chances been increasing or what?

Red Text > Yellow Text....

Comments

• nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    I feel this is either a **** up or these doors are gonna close soon and this way they got 200$ out of everyone xD
    We'll see...

Mr. Justice
  • nigelpatrick
    nigelpatrick Posts: 3 Arc User
    At this rate I wanna become one of the people by charging money to get pack!
    Ugh! the pressure of ppl getting good stuff constantly
  • whipmaihurr
    whipmaihurr Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Money Money Money http://gph.is/14W5XSn
    The only GOP
  • splendideyes
    splendideyes Posts: 328 Arc User
    nbreaking wrote: »
    I feel this is either a **** up or these doors are gonna close soon and this way they got 200$ out of everyone xD
    We'll see...

that was my first thought too.
  • elayn
    elayn Posts: 7 Arc User
    If i read promo correct. If you charge 200 and spend 1 you get 400 pack so if you spend 1 silver on other char x8 that mean people can get up to 3.6k pack free? Guess you can get rich fast now
  • ealdorman
    ealdorman Posts: 16 Arc User
    elayn wrote: »
    If i read promo correct. If you charge 200 and spend 1 you get 400 pack so if you spend 1 silver on other char x8 that mean people can get up to 3.6k pack free? Guess you can get rich fast now

More than that. You get every tier up to and including the amount you charged. So if you charge 200 gold you get 632 Packs per toon. Some people also have 16 toons on an account if they had 8 on both servers when they merged. This makes the maximum on an account 10,112 packs.
  • csquared5
    csquared5 Posts: 150 Arc User
    ealdorman wrote: »

More than that. You get every tier up to and including the amount you charged. So if you charge 200 gold you get 632 Packs per toon. Some people also have 16 toons on an account if they had 8 on both servers when they merged. This makes the maximum on an account 10,112 packs.

This has to have been a mistake. It would make a lot more sense if PWI had intended to require you to charge $200 for each character you want to redeem on (and it still would have been the best charge promo ever, but not as crazy as what we currently have). Right now it is utter madness, the prices of almost everything in game from boutique or keys rapidly readjusting themselves as items that used to be rare are suddenly commonplace. Inside of 2 days, price of scroll of tome, jaden crystal, and other items have been slashed by more than 50%, and we haven't even reached the final day of this promotion yet. I can believe PWI doing a great charge promotion to top other promotions done in the past, but they have no need to go miles beyond anything they've ever done before... a cash grab like this sets the bar so ridiculously high for themselves, how will they continue to generate cash flow from people charging unless they match or top this current offer? PWI should be trying to generate a consistent cash flow, to do something like this is a strong signal that they don't have confidence in their game and are just trying to squeeze a few drops out of existing players before doing something drastic with the game. Not a signal I would expect PWI to be trying to send to their players!

PWI GMS, what gives? Was this promotion a mistake, or genuinely intended to function exactly as it does (single $200 charge = 632 packs per toon for every single toon on your entire account?).

If this promotion isn't functioning as intended, will anything be done about it? Your silence is very dangerous...
    »Go back to sleep...« PWI Youtube Channel

• baseaddress
    baseaddress Posts: 202 Arc User
    csquared5 wrote: »
    ealdorman wrote: »

PWI GMS, what gives? Was this promotion a mistake, or genuinely intended to function exactly as it does (single $200 charge = 632 packs per toon for every single toon on your entire account?).

If this promotion isn't functioning as intended, will anything be done about it? Your silence is very dangerous...
    Don't be lazy. Just read promo description. Each tier one per character, not account! So, promo is going as intended.
  • hurrdurrurr
    hurrdurrurr Posts: 54 Arc User
    PWI should be trying to generate a consistent cash flow, to do something like this is a strong signal that they don't have confidence in their game and are just trying to squeeze a few drops out of existing players before doing something drastic with the game. Not a signal I would expect PWI to be trying to send to their players!

I thought it was obvious to pretty much everybody PWI really is on its last leg, if we see PWI servers running in 2020 I`ll be surprised. People are quitting left and right, game is riddled with issues and staff is yet to acknowledge most of them. Events get cancelled(?) or delayed to ridiculous extent, the "Archosaur Open" gathering for participants closed over 2 months ago. Many of the ppl who signed up quit/sold accounts meaning even if it was to run tomorrow, the event would be a joke.

However PWE might of made a mistake here, the "we are having backend issues" is classic PWE. For those who havent checked the news recently, the summer promo was changed, you now need to spend the same amount of gold you charge per character up to 200 gold to get your packs. I really didnt expect PWE to be incompetent enough to actually accidentally run this promo but I may have been wrong in my assessment.
  • happyhail
    happyhail Posts: 129 Arc User
    So, some people charge 200 USD and get 10,000 packs. Some people charge 200 USD and get 632 packs. Seems fair.
  • shrimpybryan
    shrimpybryan Posts: 16 Arc User
    Heard they fixed to $200 per toon this afternoon.
  • wingdeath6
    wingdeath6 Posts: 61 Arc User
    Yeah, so they fixed it meaning it was definently not launching as intended and the spend rewards are messing up as well a friend got a random 10 star in her mail after spending like $60 and others arent getting spend rewards they qualify for as the Summer Heat post said either . So what we have here is yet another PWI fiasco gone to hell by bad implementation.
  • csquared5
    csquared5 Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    A fiasco this bad... just do a rollback. Don't listen to the whining of greedy btches who got the 1000s of packs and don't want the rollback, they should have known it was too good to be true, hell even 632 packs for 200 gold feels too good to be true, but at least its within the realms of sanity, over 3000 packs for 200 gold is decidedly not within those realms. Do the rollback, reimburse the gold, and restart the promo for another 4 day period imo. To do anything else is incredibly, highly unfair to many many PWI players.
    »Go back to sleep...« PWI Youtube Channel

• matthew4
    matthew4 Posts: 373 Arc User
    want back money on pack on meil here is really stupid update what make who change frist 2 day got 5 000+ pack for 200G im got for same charge 632? really really bad tactic how attract other people on play PWI
  • eeepsilon
    eeepsilon Posts: 294 Arc User
    As usual, I am not surprised at all, this just PWE being PWE. I guess that the only difference now is that they probably have realized that this game is completly doomed, so just as others are thinking, they are just traying to get some money from everyone a few months before they put one of those ''With heavy heart...'' posts about PWI shot down.

The Irony of all this is that the moment that PW China put those keys and their lovely foils in them, was the beginning of the end for PWI. When you have both a Developer and a Publisher that are stupid enough to not understand how the in game economy of PWI Works and that if you turn every single in game ludopath into a billionare, not only you will bring massive inflation on gold but also fast devaluation on many of those pack and key items.
    But even if PWE dont give a rat about all that, you would at least expect them to have enough common sense to realize that if they make every single ludopath casher in game billionare, MANY OF THOSE CASHERS WOULD NOT NEED TO CASH ANYMORE... since thay are drowning in their own big notes and pack items

So that is what you get at the end, a company that is so desperate, that will try to do everything in their power to milk the few cashers that are left. :D
  • thetruesinsz
    thetruesinsz Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    A fiasco this bad... just do a rollback. Don't listen to the whining of greedy btches who got the 1000s of packs and don't want the rollback, they should have known it was too good to be true, hell even 632 packs for 200 gold feels too good to be true, but at least its within the realms of sanity, over 3000 packs for 200 gold is decidedly not within those realms. Do the rollback, reimburse the gold, and restart the promo for another 4 day period imo. To do anything else is incredibly, highly unfair to many many PWI players.

You are a whiney b. as well. IJS. Read your words before you make such statements.

And no, rollback won"t happen. Too many real transactions have been done as well as in-game transaction in week-time span. It is too late for rollback now.

And about games being unfair. Pay to play games are unfair. Who has the money to spend vs. ppl who just can"t spend. Even this fact itself make this game unfair.

gg

• memegirl2
    memegirl2 Posts: 114 Arc User
    Well, guess it costs money for the employers, workers and ect to close a game down. Hey, they have to get the money someway. Do what they want to spend more, more more money! Right?