Is this game still fun for not overgeared players?

humbfdljr
humbfdljr Posts: 19 Arc User
Like many people who think about coming back, I have many great memories from this game.
I played for some time around 2009-10 and later for maybe a year in 2014. I made many friends in Raging Tides that turned this game into my favourite MMO.

I just logged in and I'm completely lost. I don't remember what I was farming when I stopped last time and I don't know from where to start now. Four years ago I had just average gear (mystic/wizard with G16+8 weapon and G16+5 gear, I think), which is probably extremely outdated. My question is, with this gear will I still be able to find other people to run instances with me or is this game nowadays composed mostly by overgeared players that run instances that are unreacheable by me? After 4 years of updates how better or worse are both classes (wizard and mystic)?

My characters are all in Tideswell server, is this the most populated server? Would it be worth to start from scratch in another server?

I don't know if anyone from Raging Tides will remember of me, but my characters were Gaiah (Mystic), Illyn (Wizard) and Meyster (Barbarian).

Comments

• nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    G16 is still decent, but it's the other things that count most now, like glyphs, passives, cards, etc.

If you're in Tideswell, look me up, ShadowRuler, i'll lend you a hand to get your things straight so you can keep going from where you left off ^^

Mr. Justice
  • lightpheonixx
    lightpheonixx Posts: 19 Arc User
    G16 is still decent and u can do most instances with it still, just gotta know your class.

And if your only choices were to start over or leave this game I would suggest dont start over and find something else. At the rate this game is headed it wont last long and better to save yourself the trouble.
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Bless Online comes out soon with its own issues try that because it’s something diff
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • humbfdljr
    humbfdljr Posts: 19 Arc User
    G16 is still decent and u can do most instances with it still, just gotta know your class.

And if your only choices were to start over or leave this game I would suggest dont start over and find something else. At the rate this game is headed it wont last long and better to save yourself the trouble.

It's nice to know that my gear is still decent after so many years. I'm going to watch some videos and read guides to remember this game.

nbreaking wrote: »
    G16 is still decent, but it's the other things that count most now, like glyphs, passives, cards, etc.

If you're in Tideswell, look me up, ShadowRuler, i'll lend you a hand to get your things straight so you can keep going from where you left off ^^

Thanks, I'll pm you later.
    blazerboy wrote: »
    Bless Online comes out soon with its own issues try that because it’s something diff

Thanks, I'll check it later.
  • aradriel
    aradriel Posts: 73 Arc User
    It really depends on your definition of fun. If you just want to reconnect with old friends, hang out and chat, while having a goal to slowly improve your toon, then sure, it can be fun. But if you want to be able to do TW/xNW/xTW and be effective, be ready for massive disappointment if you don't cash (or aren't willing to sink major time into merching). There's still some ways of farming coin via the newer instances (DH/UP), but those can be tough to survive through until you're stronger, and many squads will be hesitant to take you.

If you can come back without having the expectation of "catching up" - then there's fun to be had making friends in a good faction. But there are so so so many tiers of progression for your character now that it's an extremely daunting path to walk for a new or returning player. Meridian, morai skills, primal passives (tons of bloods needed for all of them) war avatar cards (RNG hell for getting a good set), star chart (also rough RNG, and very difficult to level up now that free reward options are all but gone), sky levels (daily quests needed over many months to finish) and that's all on top of upgrading gears. And the dailies to work on progressing these things are mind-numbingly boring imo.

I play another popular MMO primarily these days. Way more fun than PWI. But good luck if you return full time, I'm also on Tideswell, and a member of the faction CRUSH - we take RB1+ level folks if you need a faction. Take care!
    Raging Tides/Tideswell
    Arandelle | Cleric
    Aradriela | Wizard
    Not-so-perfect world'er since Jan. 2010.