chicken nugget event

Options
I noticed today the npc to trade the items from the chicken nugget event is gone. I also never saw the event start today. The event was advertised to last till the 16th and i still have items to trade. Please bring back the npc. Your news announcement said it would be around another week. Why do you guys bother to give dates and makes news statements if you cant follow through.

Comments

• obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Update to this, the Chicken Nugget event is currently running on Twilight Temple however the NPCs to exchange the rewards aren't spawned.

EDIT: Just making this clearer since people think the event ended early. The event is still running until the 16th. After maintenance the GMs have to spawn things back on the server including the event NPCs. They sometimes forget to spawn the NPC for the Chicken Nugget event after maintenance.
    Post edited by obielle on
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • ceijae
    ceijae Posts: 3 Arc User
    Options
    I have 182 fortune pills that I been saving up for my toon since the event ends on the 16th of March but when I went to go check the NPC he is no where to be found after last maintance, why can't you guys give us a heads up? I'm sending like 20 tickets.
  • greenfire312
    greenfire312 Posts: 269 Arc User
    Options
    Yep, I've been hoarding the fortune pills myself. Wish I could say I was surprised by this. The pills even had an incorrect ending date on them.

I'll wait til the end of the event, but if we don't get the NPC back at next maintenance (the 20th) then it's ticket time for me too.
    Mains: Miugre / LigerKing
    Etherblade server
  • yoda3160
    yoda3160 Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Options
    The NPC has been missing for the past few weeks, part of why I stopped bothering with it siince it was pretty obvious they weren't paying attention after the first time it was reported weeks ago and never put the npc back. This isn't the first time that an NPC has gone missing for an event and they never respawned it or said anything about it till after the event was over. Most likely they'll try to fix it for the next time if they ever have it again.
  • lapatate2
    lapatate2 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Can any Gm come spawn the Npc for exchange rewar,is same thing for littlefoot Npc is spawned wrong one whit recycle letter.So hope one Gm can answer and can fix this things.@Dawnglory server.
  • sgt0331
    sgt0331 Posts: 32 Arc User
    Options
    Every single event always something broken, can’t remember the last time an event starting or stop without a hiccup. Seem like this is the norm for this game now.
  • ailiadrake
    ailiadrake Posts: 282 Arc User
    Options
    @kalystconquerer#0876
    So... is there any hope to see the chicken npc before the 16th, or are we farming these fortune pills for nothing?
  • obielle
    Options
    It seems they may have forgotten to spawn both the Spring Festival NPC and the actual event itself. The golden trees that mark the locations for Chicken Nugget are no longer present. Cannot confirm if they have prematurely ended the event as it is too early to say. They might even appear soon after I make this post too since servers only recently came up. This is on Twilight Temple server.

@heero200 I know you've made a note of Treasure Merchant Nosta but it does seem like a lot of NPCs are not being spawned even after multiple maintenances. The Spring Blessings event has prematurely disappeared, and the St. Patrick's Day event is not present. All on Twilight Temple server. Chicken Nugget and Spring Blessings are meant to end on the 16th of March, and St. Patrick's Day Event is meant to start on the 14th of March. February and March news posts for reference. Haven't checked other NPCs.

• heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,807 Community Moderator
    Options
    obielle wrote: »
    It seems they may have forgotten to spawn both the Spring Festival NPC and the actual event itself. The golden trees that mark the locations for Chicken Nugget are no longer present. Cannot confirm if they have prematurely ended the event as it is too early to say. They might even appear soon after I make this post too since servers only recently came up. This is on Twilight Temple server.

@heero200 I know you've made a note of Treasure Merchant Nosta but it does seem like a lot of NPCs are not being spawned even after multiple maintenances. The Spring Blessings event has prematurely disappeared, and the St. Patrick's Day event is not present. All on Twilight Temple server. Chicken Nugget and Spring Blessings are meant to end on the 16th of March, and St. Patrick's Day Event is meant to start on the 14th of March. February and March news posts for reference. Haven't checked other NPCs.

OK thanks .

I'm starting to wonder my self. Are servers bk up yet. I'm out at the moment so can't see.

Thanks.
  • obielle
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Yeah, they came up around 12:30am PT I think, that's when I logged on anyway. I decided to wait until 1am to confirm NPCs and such hadn't spawned.

• heerohex#3018
    Options
    obielle wrote: »
    Yeah, they came up around 12:30am PT I think, that's when I logged on anyway. I decided to wait until 1am to confirm NPCs and such hadn't spawned.

Thanks.

Seams like someone else is doing maint. I'm guessing that's the reason. Either way this is getting frustrating now.
  • ravenyoss123
    ravenyoss123 Posts: 29 Arc User
    Options
    blessing tree is gone yet we still have a quest for it and it to wasnt suppose to end till the 16th. it's just very frustrating when they post times and dates and dont follow through. the npc for the nugget was gone weeks early and some were saving for the orbs.
  • yoda3160
    yoda3160 Posts: 131 Arc User
    Options
    I did notice that in the patch notes it said something about ending the spring events server side. It's possible it was something that would require a patch to end and couldn't be ended on a timer, so they ended it a couple days earlier rather than leave it run almost a week past and potentially get in trouble for it. Also part of the event was started earlier than it should have been, probably do to similar reasons, so this is probably their remedy for that too. As for the Chicken Nugget NPC, they'll probably have to try and fix it for next time, especially since almost everything from it had expired dates on them from last year.
  • heerohex#3018
    Options
    heero200 wrote: »
    Most of the NPCs have been sorted,

Please report any other problems and ill pick them up ASAP.

Thanks.​​

please let me know if anything is still wrong.

Thanks.
  • skarthos
    skarthos Posts: 58 Arc User
    Options
    The St Patricks Day event did appear before reset on the 14th in TT but I'm unsure what time it spawned