10th Anni Mount Competition Discussion Thread

Comments

• dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    I'm reserving the next 170 posts for no apparent reason since order of submission is completely irrelevant
  • iamtearsh
    iamtearsh Posts: 103 Arc User
    Something to keep in mind also is that your post may get captured by the spam filter. If it disappears while editing, or does not show after posting, please have some patience.

No wonder my stuff disappeared i thought was a glitch pls remove the duplicate post if possible ty.

x9YPRak.jpg

• lillie333
    lillie333 Posts: 10 Arc User
    How to upload the url image on this site...?
    *I write the url, but it won't upload...
  • gravewulf
    gravewulf Posts: 36 Arc User
    I see a lot of designs with wings. To me, it makes no sense to have wings on someting that doesn't fly. Nice designs/ideas by the way, don't get me wrong. Now if they'd make a mount that also flew, sign me up.
  • lillie333
    edited March 2018
    Can someone help me...?
    I posted the image url in the image thing, wrote ".jpg" at the end, the image was posted but won't show up...
    *Yes, it's not something otherworldly, but I tried...And I want it to be seen...Can someone help...?
    ...Sigh...
    Post edited by lillie333 on
  • phantomforce#4598
    phantomforce#4598 Posts: 397 Community Moderator
    lillie333 wrote: »
    Can someone help me...?
    I posted the image url in the image thing, wrote ".jpg" at the end, the image was posted but won't show up...
    *Yes, it's not something otherworldly, but I tried...And I want it to be seen...Can someone help...?
    ...Sigh...

The url for you image is not valid. https://ibb.co/gPksF7.jpg I go to the address and I get a 404 error. "Page not found"​​
  • lillie333
    edited March 2018
    lillie333 wrote: »
    Can someone help me...?
    ...Sigh...

The url for you image is not valid. https://ibb.co/gPksF7.jpg I go to the address and I get a 404 error. "Page not found"​​

So, what is the better image posting site...?

Ok, just posted from imgur...
    ...It's kind of...To the side right now...
    Post edited by lillie333 on
  • dingo488
    @phantomforce#4598 Can you please delete these posts? They were clearly reserved by me previously.
  • phantomforce#4598
    phantomforce#4598 Posts: 397 Community Moderator
    dingo488 wrote: »
    @phantomforce#4598 Can you please delete these posts? They were clearly reserved by me previously.

*wipes dingo's post history*

normal-24.gif​​
  • dingo488
    *wipes dingo's post history*

normal-24.gif​​

And nothing of value was lost that day
  • darkwolf590
    darkwolf590 Posts: 7 Arc User
    why is it so hard to post stuff, i sent my pic on facebook
  • tideborn20090
    tideborn20090 Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited March 2018

Im picturing this standing taller than the average player, and rotating in a clockwise direction thusly keeping with the circus theme.

The Fortune Teller
    Keteriya
    twilight temple
    Post edited by tideborn20090 on
  • anfiidelity
    anfiidelity Posts: 5 Arc User
    IGN: Lanhua
    Server: Tideswell

nzod53.png

Turtle is pretty important symbol in Chinese Mythology, stands alongside Dragon, Phoenix and White Tiger. CMIIW but I don't think I've seen a turtle or tortoise inspired mount while there are plenty mounts based on dragon, phoenix and tiger, and that's why I'm submitting turtle based mount despite the amount of entries using the same idea. Turtle is also a symbol of longevity, fits the theme of the event, which is anniversary. Here for 10 more years!

PS: I decided to design the seat to be "natural" instead of man-made, no particular reason for this, just thought it would be nice to have something different. Can change that and add a seat or throne if needed.

Love the idea and the mount looks awesome.
  • tenj#7625
    tenj#7625 Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    stick figure for all ur needs
  • carindark
    carindark Posts: 5 Arc User
    Hi,
    I'm trying to post my image there but it just doesn't want to show up. Can you please help me?
  • forbiddenwords
    forbiddenwords Posts: 321 Arc User
    carindark wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm trying to post my image there but it just doesn't want to show up. Can you please help me?

Upload your picture on a image hosting site such as imgur and copy the link of the pic, then paste it here using the 'insert image' button
    ​​
    BfYIUJc.png
    ☆ Pixel ♥ Heart ☆ Etherblade ☆
  • surv
    surv Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    First time using this .. Since there are some crazy ideas I figured what the heck. I know some people can not always have there spouces to be picked up by or there working crazy hours so I thought why not a Spousal Ride. It would look like there spouse and can be a ride. I used the dragon outfit and put wife on a mount .
    https://imgur.com/a/eohof
  • tideborn20090
    tideborn20090 Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Giving up/cant get it take the img link now/ even with the [img][/img] tags .
  • carindark
    edited March 2018
    I actually did that. Uploaded it on a tinypic and even tried deviantart but when I use insert image button and paste link there nothing shows up.
  • surv
    edited March 2018
    Hi this is my first time using this. I am having some difficulty. I want to post a picture that would show using a spouse ride. Since many can not be on at the same time I thought why not a spouse ride. Here goes. https://i.imgur.com/XCT2E1r.png
  • vileimpaler
    vileimpaler Posts: 3 Arc User
    need a low rider in there
    moeriU1.jpg
  • forbiddenwords
    I actually did that. Uploaded it on a tinypic and even tried deviantart but when I use insert image button and paste link there nothing shows up.

Try to right click the image and open it in a new tab, then copy the link from that and insert it here. Or just plainly post the link and maybe a nice mod will edit the post for you and make it show as an image
    ​​
    BfYIUJc.png
  • surv
    Hi this is my 3rd attempt to post. I am trying to upload a picture png. I never used this before and it keeps losing my post. I know some people are not able to be together at the same time and though why not a mount of your spouse. So here is my 3rd attempt to show an image.[img][/img]XCT2E1r.png
  • carindark
    edited March 2018
    @forbiddenwords: Yea tried that too (right click on image etc.) :D And because I'm a "New User" here, I can't post links :(

Nvm, figured it out how to at least post link, thank you ^^
  • forbiddenwords
    @forbiddenwords: Yea tried that too (right click on image etc.) :D And because I'm a "New User" here, I can't post links :(

Try typing it like this [ img]*paste link here*[ /img] (without the spaces and the *). If it still doesn't show it, just plainly post the link with commas instead of dots like www,google,com and leave a note asking a mod to edit your post, hopefully that works
    ​​
    BfYIUJc.png
  • kronevald#8754
    kronevald#8754 Posts: 1 Arc User
    29133089_1589253331144127_7873892204350013440_o.jpg?oh=0723464ec5db75b26f0eb02d66d08612&oe=5B411E88
  • toyt#4641
    toyt#4641 Posts: 1 Arc User
    depositphotos_13872019-stock-illustration-musher-and-dogs-mix-n.jpg
  • cerebos
    cerebos Posts: 6 Arc User

(...)
    Rules
    1) All designs must be original works
    (...)

Here we go, follwing entries are stolen artwork/copy pasted from other sources from the internet and used as ther ORIGINAL entries:

laylay wrote: »
    7Gu7J2R.jpg

LayLay - Twilight Temple
    Using already excisting mount of mmorpg called Riders of Icarus:
    Riders7_t.jpg
    hqdefault.jpg

BeoiSfz.jpg

AraShiro
    Twilight temple

Stolen from Youtube video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvy8XOeD0mw
    maxresdefault.jpg

need a low rider in there
    moeriU1.jpg

Lowrider copy+pasted from:
    http://www.lowrider.com/rides/cars/1207-lrmp-1963-chevrolet-impala/
    1207-lrmp-20-o-1963-chevrolet-impala-impala-driver-side-front-view1.jpg

29133089_1589253331144127_7873892204350013440_o.jpg?oh=0723464ec5db75b26f0eb02d66d08612&oe=5B411E88

Butterfly copy pasted from:
    https://gallery.yopriceville.com/Free-Clipart-Pictures/Butterflies-PNG/Blue_and_Red_Butterfly_PNG_Clipart_Picture#.WqaclOjOWUk
    Blue_and_Red_Butterfly_PNG_Clipart_Picture.png?m=1507172105
    alina1490 wrote: »
    nsgJ7UpNhh8.jpg

DawnGlory - MoonFire

Found the picture all over the internet, they just put a pwi character ontop of it:
    latest?cb=20130615150327

https://ok.ru/profile/569749577138

toyt#4641 wrote: »
    depositphotos_13872019-stock-illustration-musher-and-dogs-mix-n.jpg

copy Paste from:
    https://www.canstockphoto.es/mezcla-musher-perros-igual-n-11295263.html
    musher-y-perros-mezcla-n-igual-clip-art-vectorial_csp11295263.jpg

It is sad that every time PWI publishes an event, some players try to ruin it and are simply unfair to everyone else.
    If it's "original", to copy/paste artwork from other games and copy peoples artworks, and put a "hat" or "saddle" on it, shame on you!!!

PLEASE, Pwi GMs - save the community events from such people and disqualify them! Thanks.

• nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    I find it funny that half of the so called original designs are stolen from multiple sites and or private servers....

Yvillis’s car entry already exists on multiple unofficial servers... Props to him for drawing it out though.

There are multiple troll mounts which took no time to design and legitimately photoshop a toon sitting on top of it I mean come on....

“Original aff designers GG pwi”