Multi-Clienting Temporarily Disabled - Discussion

Options

Comments

• mistressani
    mistressani Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Since this happened I've been try to lobby on be half of the players affected by this but now on a more serious note I ask : -

1) Why hasn't your company or reps actually been forthcoming with more clearer infomantion about this "incident"?

2) It's been almost 72hrs for something you label as Temporary , given the assumed "importance " why hasn't the matter been resolved as yet?

3) Is there any plan to compensate your game players for the inconveniences inccured ? (I'm not referring to those affected by this , but some of us have lost - in game spouses, guildmates and friends whom we have known over the years)
    Post edited by mistressani on
  • valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    Options
    The Arc and Arc Defender was always optional so a lot of players never used it as they only used their account name and password to play via the element client. Now you have made using Arc and the Defender mandatory, you've shut out a large portion of your player base and don't even care about it.
    The lack of information being passed onto us just reinforces the already long standing opinions that you simply don't care about player base. All this 'We want your opinions' yet we get absolutely no feed back and instead get a big fat PWI **** over all of us.

The desperation is so bad that EVERYDAY you're posting a countdown to the newest version of a Sims Themepark on facebook in a hope to distract from the problems. This game is becoming less of an MMORPG and more like Habbo Hotel with homesteads, Themeparks and other general updates that have NOTHING to do with the history of PWI, combat, questing, folklore, leveling, instance grinding and the overall genre of a sandbox MMORPG.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • greenfire312
    greenfire312 Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Options
    valdisman wrote: »
    This game is becoming less of an MMORPG and more like Habbo Hotel with homesteads, Themeparks and other general updates that have NOTHING to do with the history of PWI, combat, questing, folklore, leveling, instance grinding and the overall genre of a sandbox MMORPG.
    While I would agree they lost touch with the cultural roots of the game years ago (except for throwing "because Pan Gu" somewhere in every new plotline, which doesn't count), don't presume homesteads etc. are indicative of some intent for PWI to become a casual game.

For one thing, homesteads were actually intended to be a feature of the original game, waaay back before PWI even launched. I'm talking back when Perfect World was designed as pay to play. I remember reading that the items we currently use as WQ items to exchange for titles were, originally, supposed to be HS decorations. So this kind of thing has been part of the game's DNA for far longer than you give it credit for.

More importantly though... we're talking about a game where at least half of its history has just been dumping more and more power creep on us. Even non-Rank9 modern characters are powerful enough to make all the original content trivial. So once we finally got some decent devs back, the last few expansions have focused on smaller, gradual ways to buff your characters (war avatars, star charts, glyphs), which is really the best move they can make at this point. A game can only tolerate so much power creep before it goes off the edge of playability from a free-to-play standpoint, and PWI has either been teetering on that edge or went off it years ago, depending on your point of view.

My point being, I'll take a dopey-looking theme park with a couple interesting new NPC exchanges over Rank 9 Stage 5 with 30 more attack levels and another 100 to your attack stat, any day.
    Mains: Miugre / LigerKing
    Etherblade server
  • shirablossom
    shirablossom Posts: 2 Arc User
    Options
    Good bye pwi. </3
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    Options
    Since this happened I've been try to lobby on be half of the players affected by this but now on a more serious note I ask : -

1) Why hasn't your company or reps actually been forthcoming with more clearer infomantion about this "incident"?

2) It's been almost 72hrs for something you label as Temporary , given the assumed "importance " why hasn't the matter been resolved as yet?

3) Is there any plan to compensate your game players for the inconveniences inccured ? (I'm not referring to those affected by this , but some of us have lost - in game spouses, guildmates and friends whom we have known over the years)

All of this - this is what I want to know as well...
    ​​
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • greenfire312
    Options
    tek1nig wrote: »

All of this - this is what I want to know as well...
    ​​
    Same here, but Kalyst did say she was going to be meeting with the other departments. That announcement was yesterday evening, so I imagine said meeting would take place sometime today. I think it's reasonable to expect a wait time of up until this evening, especially since she'll probably be around to post a maintenance notice anyway. Hell, it's probably about even odds that whatever news she has for us would be in the maintenance announcement.

Doesn't mean it's news we'll like, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. The important thing is that questions actually get answered.
    Etherblade server
  • valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    Options
    While I would agree they lost touch with the cultural roots of the game years ago (except for throwing "because Pan Gu" somewhere in every new plotline, which doesn't count), don't presume homesteads etc. are indicative of some intent for PWI to become a casual game.

For one thing, homesteads were actually intended to be a feature of the original game, waaay back before PWI even launched. I'm talking back when Perfect World was designed as pay to play. I remember reading that the items we currently use as WQ items to exchange for titles were, originally, supposed to be HS decorations. So this kind of thing has been part of the game's DNA for far longer than you give it credit for.

More importantly though... we're talking about a game where at least half of its history has just been dumping more and more power creep on us. Even non-Rank9 modern characters are powerful enough to make all the original content trivial. So once we finally got some decent devs back, the last few expansions have focused on smaller, gradual ways to buff your characters (war avatars, star charts, glyphs), which is really the best move they can make at this point. A game can only tolerate so much power creep before it goes off the edge of playability from a free-to-play standpoint, and PWI has either been teetering on that edge or went off it years ago, depending on your point of view.

My point being, I'll take a dopey-looking theme park with a couple interesting new NPC exchanges over Rank 9 Stage 5 with 30 more attack levels and another 100 to your attack stat, any day.

Idk. Just seems from how PWI was when it first went official from its 2 beta servers to where its at now. Seems to be 100% different. Almost every other MMORPG is based on storylines, folklore, grinding and farming to increase level/s. I just don't see how a themepark ties into anything PWI related. They says its to be a nice distraction but from what? There is nothing in the game you keep you focused on anyway apart from a few hours on a weekend when there is cross server pvp..
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • greenfire312
    edited February 2018
    Options
    valdisman wrote: »
    Idk. Just seems from how PWI was when it first went official from its 2 beta servers to where its at now. Seems to be 100% different. Almost every other MMORPG is based on storylines, folklore, grinding and farming to increase level/s. I just don't see how a themepark ties into anything PWI related. They says its to be a nice distraction but from what? There is nothing in the game you keep you focused on anyway apart from a few hours on a weekend when there is cross server pvp..
    And I would argue that, story-wise, this has been the case since at least the Tideborn expansion. Everything story-wise has been stapled on and justified after the fact. Are you going to say the Primal World makes sense from the standpoint of the original story? Or Neverfall? Or Morai? Or my personal favorite example, the Celestial Vale?

And as far as grinding and slow progression, well, you've got Primals/Bloods/Spirit, and maybe Glyphs if you run DH, and that's about it (and by the amount of whining people do on those topics, you'd be forgiven for thinking this is a grindy game). If you want classic MMO-style mob exp grinding and gear farming to come back, I'll say the same thing about it that I did in another thread: that ship sailed somewhere around 2009-2010 with buyable endgame gears. It then proceeded to hit an iceberg with "Frost Hyper Abuse" written on the side, before finally sinking in the Bay of Instant-100 Pills. :tongue:

All I'm saying is the time to complain about the lack of grinding and coherent story was somewhere between 5-8 years ago, by my estimation. I don't see how it should surprise anyone that the current expansion is not focused on it.
    Etherblade server
  • implode
    implode Posts: 83 Arc User
    Options
    It's been almost 72hrs for something you label as Temporary , given the assumed "importance " why hasn't the matter been resolved as yet?
    Really? See, as a software developer, reading between the lines of the little bits of info Kalyst has said, and the nature of the "emergency patch" and that she's talking about trying to get multi-clienting to work within the arc platform, I read that and was like... I'll be amazed if we see anything within a month. More realistically, next expansion. They have to get China to make changes to the game itself, get that patch to us, then make matching changes in Arc, test it all works together. Things like that don't happen quickly.

And as for all the lore discussion, meh, I never cared really about reading quests and such, just give me the darn autopath point to where I need to go, talk to someone, or kill something. However, it does grate me up the wrong way when there's artwork/items in the game that are just SO completely out of touch with anything else in the game. A few here off the top of my head, but I bet there's more:
    * Motorbike mounts (cmon calling it "chrono" doesn't make it PW-ish)
    * Stormtrooper fash
    * Shotgun weapon fash
    * Weaponised Allosaurus mount
    * Some of the ridiculously cute mounts like Larry the Snail

• mistressani
    edited February 2018
    Options
    implode wrote: »
    It's been almost 72hrs for something you label as Temporary , given the assumed "importance " why hasn't the matter been resolved as yet?
    Really? See, as a software developer, reading between the lines of the little bits of info Kalyst has said, and the nature of the "emergency patch" and that she's talking about trying to get multi-clienting to work within the arc platform, I read that and was like... I'll be amazed if we see anything within a month. More realistically, next expansion. They have to get China to make changes to the game itself, get that patch to us, then make matching changes in Arc, test it all works together. Things like that don't happen quickly.

Well while I personally can’t say what’s China’s definition of “Urgency “or what their “priority of Importance” implies but I do however know that the longer they take to rectify the “issue/issues” they run the risk of permanently loosing their clients on an International level with each passing day. There're other MMO companies out there that would be more that happy to pick up the slack

• mistressani
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Sorry didn't realised it double posted my comment
  • pacotinbr2
    pacotinbr2 Posts: 4 Arc User
    Options
    Hello, all and PWI's team. I was indicated in the Arc support, to post my doubt here. I have a Brazilian legacy account, and through its, I was canning(used to) enter in PWI with other accounts that was created after IP's blocked. I'll like know what it'll be future its, it seen that I cannot enter in PWI for ARC its, by cause IP's blocked.
  • tek1nig
    edited February 2018
    Options
    pacotinbr2 wrote: »
    Hello, all and PWI's team. I was indicated in the Arc support, to post my doubt here. I have a Brazilian legacy account, and through its, I was canning(used to) enter in PWI with other accounts that was created after IP's blocked. I'll like know what it'll be future its, it seen that I cannot enter in PWI for ARC its, by cause IP's blocked.

Why the hell isn't customer service dealing with blocked IP's ? ? ? Why would Arc support be sending people to post in forums? @kalystconquerer#0876 Speak with your Team - this shouldn't be a thing.

Still waiting on responses to previous questions as well monkey-21.gif
    ​​
    VWjvQZ8.jpg

• yul1995
    yul1995 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Options
    jsxshadow wrote: »

@yul1995 I recently got a hold of the true reasons behind those actions. While I am not allowed to disclose the exact reason...let me tell you this..it was ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY. If they didn't change what they did the entire game could've been permanently compromised. I do not exaggerate, I do not lie to you. I am dead serious. Trust me on this, it was a very needed change.

Alright; let's assume this.
    It's been more than 72h and nothing changed. I just hope they won't make this "temporary" measure present for months,
    since as you say it was THAT urget.

Still, in my eyes they could've posted an official statement regarding of the situation than giving us a simple forum thread to rant in. Players, as any other customers, supposed to be informed and treated as such, especially in such situations and not only in matters that involve money.

At this point, I care less about the reasons of taking such measures, I care far more about what's been done in order to deal with it?
    When's the dual clienting going to be back? Does Arc remain mendatory? When the log in/game client bugs are going to be resolved?
    I think i'm not the only one waiting on the answers to be provided. Some people rely on that to decide on their upcomming experience in game.

As I said, it's been more than 72h, and yet the future still seems to remain unclear.

Edit ::
    Let's not forget about CN's spring break in the middle of a crisis that could've get the entire game being permanently compromised! :wink:

• hawkins08
    hawkins08 Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Options
    well if you think this arc **** prevent ppl from cash shopping, you should take a look at the DDH instance

players makes 20-40 mil each run selling glyphe stones its WAY TO MUCH and they even do more than one run per day, just make them untradeable and you win profit again by everyone needs other way to get money (most will cash shop again)

with this DDH income, nobody bothers to cashshop anymore, they making over 300 mil per day WTF
    make the glyphes untradeable

but dont **** up multiclients
  • gravewulf
    gravewulf Posts: 36 Arc User
    Options
    What the heck is the deal with the 10 to 20 minute log in wait? That has burned me three times now, because I couldn't get back in time. Screwed me on trials 9 & 10, and another quest.

Regardless of the reasons for dc'ing, there shouldn't be a waiting period like that. Please fix this.

#anotherdissatisfiednothappyaboutupdateclient
  • greenfire312
    Options
    yul1995 wrote: »
    jsxshadow wrote: »

@yul1995 I recently got a hold of the true reasons behind those actions. While I am not allowed to disclose the exact reason...let me tell you this..it was ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY. If they didn't change what they did the entire game could've been permanently compromised. I do not exaggerate, I do not lie to you. I am dead serious. Trust me on this, it was a very needed change.

Alright; let's assume this.
    It's been more than 72h and nothing changed. I just hope they won't make this "temporary" measure present for months,
    since as you say it was THAT urget.

Still, in my eyes they could've posted an official statement regarding of the situation than giving us a simple forum thread to rant in. Players, as any other customers, supposed to be informed and treated as such, especially in such situations and not only in matters that involve money.

At this point, I care less about the reasons of taking such measures, I care far more about what's been done in order to deal with it?
    When's the dual clienting going to be back? Does Arc remain mendatory? When the log in/game client bugs are going to be resolved?
    I think i'm not the only one waiting on the answers to be provided. Some people rely on that to decide on their upcomming experience in game.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. If they're not just trying to crack down on non-Arc client launching for no valid reason, they need to tell us this!

Instead we get posts like this by Kalyst in another thread:
    I'm going to start purging any and all posts that talk about adding these strings (both this and the arc bypass) to clients and patchers. I dont know why people think this is ok to freely proliferate (and it could just be a result of lax management of posts like this in the past and me not enforcing/cracking down on this when it does come up)

I'll be sure to update the rules accordingly to clarify that ANY modification to your client done in this manner falls under the umbrella of "not allowed to do this".

Unless I'm grossly misreading the context there, it's hard to see this as anything but an unwarranted crackdown (based on the assumption that non-Arc launching modifies the client, which it does not). I would love to be proven wrong here, and the right line from Kalyst would do it. Just one line.

"Guys, chill, we'll bring back non-Arc use as soon as this gets patched." See how easy this is?
    Etherblade server
  • cucujanu
    cucujanu Posts: 34 Arc User
    Options
    Congratulations pwi, for loosing 30% of your player base in just 2 weeks.
    You have truly outdone yourself this time.
  • mistressani
    Options
    Well here's hoping that whatever their "crisis" is, that it gets sorted out soon , I unfortunately however will be rebanking my stuff and taking another one of my breaks for an undisclosed time frame , best wishes to all of you!
  • maxmat
    maxmat Posts: 1 Arc User
    Options
    dual clienting is disabled -> Rip PWI ; when dual client will be rehabilitated, maybe I'll be back, maybe if I do not like more of the other game I'm playing ....bye bye PWI ,goodbye to my characters all G16 . this will be the end of PWI
  • greenfire312
    edited February 2018
    Options
    So Kalyst has posted her "update." Or, in fairness to her, made a simple statement on an issue that it might well be hopeless to fully respond to all complaints on.

It's almost like what I suggested that she do. Almost. Except it was missing one thing.
    "Guys, chill, we'll bring back non-Arc use as soon as this gets patched." See how easy this is?

Does the anticipated recovery of functionality include non-Arc logins? Is the management going to take an official position on this? Can you at least tell us it is not the intent of management to punish innocent players for using a harmless, non-client-modifying launch method just because one person happened to abuse it??

I know you want our support. I want to give you support. You guys are not making that possible right now. This silence is deafening.
    Etherblade server
  • fampar
    fampar Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Options
    WE want to know what is happened, What was the emergency that caused all this? ​​
    Or we started to assume so many things
    celokp wrote: »
    Yeah i had my speculations as well for example pwi catshops if you google it you see a web site dedicated to giving you accurate items in every cat shop and commission shop in arc by alt bots running around and looking in every shop which is breaking toss its obviously more then one toon however it has zero malicious intent as all its telling you is who selling what and what is the best price for buying or selling.

I can't really see pwi putting us through hell over something that lame.

The other thought was people desperate for gold fell for fishing sites and there was an influx of people complaining they got **** there fault lol.

Or the other was pwi was so pity that they saw people actually being able to make loyalty points threw jfsp with alts in the doorways of bosses and they were like no you need to buy new base lol.

Or worst case security was breached and accounts meant credit card info some people save debit account info for easy access on arc account gets **** and you go to the saved debit info for easier access to someone's personal info.

Some one making multi toons and using stolen credit cards buying pwi gold and selling packs items ingame gold etc .

my mind was just burning with speculation and i bet im wrong on every single one lol its probably something stupid like people fraudulent charges telling there bank they didn't make that purchase who knows to much speculation.
    I mean people are already speculating about what on the earth happened?
    At this point, I gonna assume that our information was steal, then you said goodbye to people who can provide their emails's account.

Agree, but how many timewe have to wait seryouslly you said "temporary" but anyone here knows you take YOUR time to fix stuff, just hope you won't make this "temporary" isuue for months, years.

Another doubt this announcment
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/pwi#/discussion/1208599/announcement-multi-clienting-update-2-14-2018
    Forum CrawlerPosts: 1,379 Perfect World Employee
    2:37PM in General Discussion
    Dear PWI Community,

With the recent events involving the disabling of multi-clienting, we understand that you are upset.
    Please understand that these measures were necessary – but – are also temporary, as your ability to multi-client will be fully restored once the developers return from Chinese New Year.

In the meantime, we ask for your support as we want nothing more than for you to resume your normal gameplay activities.

Thank you for understanding.

-The PWI Crew
    Tagged: pwi news
    You said, we have to wait until CN staff comeback for holidays*​​, but I read (correct me if I'm wrong in this point) that CN PW don't use arc, so why we are waiting to CN staff fix all the stuff about arc ( multi-client, Force logging disabled), if they don't use it?

(*)=developers return from Chinese New Year= NOTE: The 2018 Chinese New Year begins on Friday, February 16. and the celebrations are tipped to last for over two weeks, Then to that date (February 16) add 2 weeks more.​​

Please answer the doubt of player base about all this issue, and pls pls return the game to playable mode, I mean like it was a few days ago.

Post edited by fampar on
    ❄️《 野火烧不尽 ,春风 吹 又 生》​​❄️
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    Options
    See you on March guys.
  • ichigox3
    ichigox3 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Edit: nvm :#
    Post edited by ichigox3 on
  • tek1nig
    edited February 2018
    Options
    This Cancer inability to force log I can't stand it anymore PLEASE HURRY AND FIX THIS BACK TO NORMAL monkey-6.gif​​
    Post edited by tek1nig on
    VWjvQZ8.jpg

• tek1nig
    edited February 2018
    Options
    fampar wrote: »
    WE want to know what is happened, What was the emergency that caused all this?
    Or we started to assume so many things
    celokp wrote: »
    Yeah i had my speculations as well for example pwi catshops if you google it you see a web site dedicated to giving you accurate items in every cat shop and commission shop in arc by alt bots running around and looking in every shop which is breaking toss its obviously more then one toon however it has zero malicious intent as all its telling you is who selling what and what is the best price for buying or selling.

I can't really see pwi putting us through hell over something that lame.

The other thought was people desperate for gold fell for fishing sites and there was an influx of people complaining they got **** there fault lol.

Or the other was pwi was so pity that they saw people actually being able to make loyalty points threw jfsp with alts in the doorways of bosses and they were like no you need to buy new base lol.

Or worst case security was breached and accounts meant credit card info some people save debit account info for easy access on arc account gets **** and you go to the saved debit info for easier access to someone's personal info.

Some one making multi toons and using stolen credit cards buying pwi gold and selling packs items ingame gold etc .

my mind was just burning with speculation and i bet im wrong on every single one lol its probably something stupid like people fraudulent charges telling there bank they didn't make that purchase who knows to much speculation.
    I mean people are already speculating about what on the earth happened?
    At this point, I gonna assume that our information was steal, then you said goodbye to people who can provide their emails's account.

Agree, but how many timewe have to wait seryouslly you said "temporary" but anyone here knows you take YOUR time to fix stuff, just hope you won't make this "temporary" isuue for months, years.

Another doubt this announcment
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/pwi#/discussion/1208599/announcement-multi-clienting-update-2-14-2018
    Forum CrawlerPosts: 1,379 Perfect World Employee
    2:37PM in General Discussion
    Dear PWI Community,

With the recent events involving the disabling of multi-clienting, we understand that you are upset.
    Please understand that these measures were necessary – but – are also temporary, as your ability to multi-client will be fully restored once the developers return from Chinese New Year.

In the meantime, we ask for your support as we want nothing more than for you to resume your normal gameplay activities.

Thank you for understanding.

-The PWI Crew
    Tagged: pwi news
    You said, we have to wait until CN staff comeback for holidays*, but I read (correct me if I'm wrong in this point) that CN PW don't use arc, so why we are waiting to CN staff fix all the stuff about arc ( multi-client, Force logging disabled), if they don't use it?

(*)=developers return from Chinese New Year= NOTE: The 2018 Chinese New Year begins on Friday, February 16. and the celebrations are tipped to last for over two weeks, Then to that date (February 16) add 2 weeks more.

Please answer the doubt of player base about all this issue, and pls pls return the game to playable mode, I mean like it was a few days ago.

Is there any truth to this ? are we about to get 1 shot for that long? ​​
    VWjvQZ8.jpg

• dagoddominator
    dagoddominator Posts: 218 Arc User
    Options
    tek1nig wrote: »
    Is there any truth to this ? are we about to get 1 shot for that long?
    ​​

if that indeed were the case, would you be surprised? (my guess is no)

and it's funny they can send in their trusty whipping girl CM to regurgitate some bland no frills "update", and instead of address the major problems caused by a general lack of skill and professionalism.....

they prove how little they care by making sure to update the marketplace and throw on a zen sale.

and i bet a lot of players (that could sign on) threw a bunch of money their way.

so they will continue to just take a giant spoiled pork burrito and milkshake **** on the playerbase, because no matter the abuse ppl are still spending money.

and like i said, they also send the CM to wag her finger at us to stop discussing workarounds...... cus workarounds bad.

but they won't explain the issue, set a timeline, or understand the gravity of the situation THEY put this game in.

last time we had a big row, @orinj stepped in to show his face, where is he? i guess this isnt a big enough problem, ya know it's just basically an apocalypse in digital form.... nothing to see here move along...... but do charge some more gold for items we are not even lawfully responsible for making sure you have access to.....
  • dagoddominator
    dagoddominator Posts: 218 Arc User
    Options
    oh and the "compensation plan"?

the more they give the worse the economy will get because they can't figure out how to manage accounts properly, so the same ppl abusing 6v6 and same ppl with 137 JoJ toons, are gonna have the "compensation" x 137.

3x for a whole month? big whoop, only gonna help the ppl with 137 accounts abuse 6v6 more or never have to squad with another unique player ever again.

the only actual "compensation" should be a comprehensive set of balancing adjustments to make the game more playable by more people.

but they not even trying to hear that and they are just going to hide behind "cus china said so".
  • wettstyle
    wettstyle Posts: 236 Arc User
    Options
    But you forgot to see, Joe was told!!. Or so Joe says lol. So I would like to know why the heck does JOE get told the situation in detail, and nobody else... REALLY>. What other forms of Favortizam does JOE get handed down aye.. dang lol.