Barbs are FAR too broken now!

zhell#8586
zhell#8586 Posts: 29 Arc User
Can someone please enlighten me why barbs need a 60second faith? Or the 100 extra defense levels? Damage-per-hit wise, they were already at the top of the list for melee chars, armageddon can easily oneshot ALL LA and AA class with a spammable paralyse? 60SECONDS of faith where you cannot get cced or debuffed?????? WTB Barb account.

Comments

• blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    And the nonsense begins gg wp goodjob china
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • happyhail
    happyhail Posts: 129 Arc User
    This is just yet another example of what happens when you continue to balance the game around changes and gear that is far removed from what we have. It's been going on for years. Nothing new.
  • zandhond
    zandhond Posts: 32 Arc User
    loool why give barbthis long faith skill they can dig chest in tourney to ez now, yall kitting balance
  • npc15
    npc15 Posts: 229 Arc User
    Finally a qq thread about another class
    WbG9jxx.png
    Thanks Adilynne for the awesome sig :)
    My Youtube Channel

Tempest <3
  • zhell#8586
    it's not really just any 'qq thread' - It is absolutely ridiculous to give 1 of the most tankiest class, a 60second faith and +100 def lvls when majority of pvpers have to use faith from genie. They cannot be debuffed, purged, cced - only disarm / bewitch! And that doesnt stop them from going to tiger form, activating pots and solid shield. It is literally IMPOSSIBLE to kill a class with that many defense levels without any way to cc or debuff them. (I am aware there's a 5minute cooldown) but 60seconds of practical invincibility and an armageddon that can 1 shot all classes (even their own) is quite ridiculous... The fact that they have a 4sec para/immobilise that has a 6second cd, and can go full deity and still be more effective than a full josd barb before the patch is irrational. PWCN gone full ****? At least with sins, you have a chance to cc, debuff, and even if you didnt, you can easily deal enough damage to kill any sin regardless of their buff. honestly, why would anyone want to play anything besides a barb? can play full all 3 roles, Tank, DD and support simultaneously... ggwp
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    Hmm... should i r9 my barb next...
  • tabaloul
    tabaloul Posts: 159 Arc User
    yea barb became good... prolly they did that to balance sins...
    but point is what is barb now to other classes that aren't sins? egg-2.gif​​
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Whats the fuss about? When we had the info about the skills nearly 5 months ago I already predicted that this would happen and now everyone is freaking out :D

Yes, barbs are very OP now, especially in mass pvp and especially if full damage built.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    Need to move this thread to Barb area. Also are the numbers a glitch/bug/wrong?

Thanks.​​
  • fury85
    fury85 Posts: 277 Arc User
    Strength barb are not that tanky. A BM or a seeker can tank more than a STR barb. Barb die from CC and don't have any decent lock/antistun.

I agree that 60 seconds Faith is a bit too much. A second anti-stun or 100% para (without glyph or increase CD like hell) should be enough to fix instead 60 seconds faith.
    Roar_King
    Level 105 Barbarian with Deity Stone
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    fury85 wrote: »
    Strength barb are not that tanky. A BM or a seeker can tank more than a STR barb. Barb die from CC and don't have any decent lock/antistun.

I agree that 60 seconds Faith is a bit too much. A second anti-stun or 100% para (without glyph or increase CD like hell) should be enough to fix instead 60 seconds faith.

It's already too late tho and not only cornered beast is broken..this is one of the smallest issues imho. It's the whole packed. Argent Glyph on Blood Rush is also extremely OP, 100 Def level for such a long time makes even full att-lvl sharded, fully buffed barbs insanely tanky. Violent Triumph with 60%+ skill damage + 100% crit on the next hit..combined with arma and some AOE debuffs and entire groups will get floored easily.

It's the combination. With cornered on and Blood rush 100 def level you are NEVER going to to until both of those buffs run out. If an entire faction is on you, just invoke or use Solid Shield and you can tank multiple groups of people while you can't be CC'ed. Bestial rage, trip spark, sunder, ulti, violent triumph into arma and BOOOM -> tactical nuke incoming :D The only thing being able to stop you is if your enemies are running away xDDD
  • valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    Barbs will become so rich winning the helm every week. Another top notch update from Perfect World Idiots
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Guys... for the past 4 years the only thing a barb was good at was buffing/giving chi/knocking people out the air... Let them have their fun wtf. (when is it the BMs turn PWI? yo, throw me a bone too)
  • fury85
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    fury85 wrote: »

It's already too late tho and not only cornered beast is broken..this is one of the smallest issues imho. It's the whole packed. Argent Glyph on Blood Rush is also extremely OP, 100 Def level for such a long time makes even full att-lvl sharded, fully buffed barbs insanely tanky. Violent Triumph with 60%+ skill damage + 100% crit on the next hit..combined with arma and some AOE debuffs and entire groups will get floored easily.

It's the combination. With cornered on and Blood rush 100 def level you are NEVER going to to until both of those buffs run out. If an entire faction is on you, just invoke or use Solid Shield and you can tank multiple groups of people while you can't be CC'ed. Bestial rage, trip spark, sunder, ulti, violent triumph into arma and BOOOM -> tactical nuke incoming :D The only thing being able to stop you is if your enemies are running away xDDD

I think 100 def level is legit on the tank class. Actually is impossible to stand with catapult or tank dragon with tons of damage.
    Violet Triumph before Arma is broken but... this way barbs have to play without any anti-stun. My best doubt is on this skill, testing Gold and Red glyph.
    CB + Def Blood Rush together make no sense at all...
    I plan to still suicide mode just for XTW where I can nuke a group of players so... fast activate Blood Rush with Ethereal Glyph, if I don't have CB just IG as always, go in and VT with gold glyph + Arma with gold too.
    This way i don't have antistun but in xtw I use vit/mag genie i can make a try.
    For pk/random pvp (nw 3v3 tnf...) i think red VT is alot better xD
    Roar_King
  • zhell#8586
    Even before expansion, barbs were one of the strongest pvp classes due to solid shield, easy cap pdef, invoke and cornered beast and a spammable paralyse with a 100% oneshot armageddon. 100def levels is acceptable, but to add a 60second faith is undoubtedly excessive.

People who argue that 'but we lose the deaden from cornered beast' - so what? you have 60seconds of no debuffs and cc, that already increases the additional time you're alive and tanking than a cornered beast ever will. giving a barb the tidal that sins have won't be nearly as broken, cause you'd actually have a chance to cc, debuff and nuke. catching a barb with 60secs of absolute immunity to cc means 0 way to prevent them from using genie / pot.

as i said, 100def lvl is justifiable since barbs are quite frail in comparison to seekers or bms. barbs also, by all means, do not lack any sort of damage with the spammable armor break. (i put a lot of emphasis on armageddon because that skill can quite literally force all LA/AA classes to use genie or pot just by seeing the channeling of it) and it's a 100% guaranteed oneshot, even on defense charms by some barbs. What they SHOULD have done, is make the draw aggro skill an aoe for like 12metres or something - fits more of a 'tank' description'
  • fury85
    cronicles1 wrote: »
    Even before expansion, barbs were one of the strongest pvp classes due to solid shield, easy cap pdef, invoke and cornered beast and a spammable paralyse with a 100% oneshot armageddon. 100def levels is acceptable, but to add a 60second faith is undoubtedly excessive.

People who argue that 'but we lose the deaden from cornered beast' - so what? you have 60seconds of no debuffs and cc, that already increases the additional time you're alive and tanking than a cornered beast ever will. giving a barb the tidal that sins have won't be nearly as broken, cause you'd actually have a chance to cc, debuff and nuke. catching a barb with 60secs of absolute immunity to cc means 0 way to prevent them from using genie / pot.

as i said, 100def lvl is justifiable since barbs are quite frail in comparison to seekers or bms. barbs also, by all means, do not lack any sort of damage with the spammable armor break. (i put a lot of emphasis on armageddon because that skill can quite literally force all LA/AA classes to use genie or pot just by seeing the channeling of it) and it's a 100% guaranteed oneshot, even on defense charms by some barbs. What they SHOULD have done, is make the draw aggro skill an aoe for like 12metres or something - fits more of a 'tank' description'

Deaden from CB is the less part, most the time never work because if you are paralysed Deaden will be useless.
    About golden VT (100% crit +60% damage on next attack) for Armageddon, yes, you can 1 shot some AA/LA on def charm with a zerk crit but is not that easy to play since you remove your only anti-stun effect. That mean you are forced to play with Faith genie (no Occult Ice) or you don't have any chance to run back after landing Armageddon into a group of players. Also without anti-stun is hard to catch people, VT buff is valid for 10 seconds, that mean you need to be able to hit in that time. And wait for CB to do that is stupid, can't do 1 hit every 5 minutes LOL. For sure that will be an option for XTW.

60 seconds Faith still the stronger update actually.

Roar_King
  • red#4565
    red#4565 Posts: 66 Arc User
    Remove Faith from Barbs, NOW !!!!
  • mmammammm
    mmammammm Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    To add fuel to the fire: you can reset cd of glyphed skill if you remove the rune while casting skill (IF that skill doesn't force you to enter battle mode). For most classes, it simply allows them to have instant resetting teleportation spell. However, barb entering arena can have ALL the effects of CB at once (which last for 3 mins approx.), also have adrenaline deff buf AND still have chance to use CB with faith while in the fight. So, to the hell with barbs, arena and the whole chinese balance. I think, this should be posted in patch bugs topic, but thinking about time it would take China to fix, well... don't think anyone would still be playing this game by then.
    Oh, i've forgotten psychics, they can also have unlimited running/flying speed up. Too broken, i guess. Less than stormbringer pve damage, at least :):):)
  • ballenato
    ballenato Posts: 240 Arc User
    I came late to discussion... I just wanted to say... Barbs have been waiting for years. And it's finally our turn \o/
  • fury85
    edited March 2018
    mmammammm wrote: »
    To add fuel to the fire: you can reset cd of glyphed skill if you remove the rune while casting skill (IF that skill doesn't force you to enter battle mode). For most classes, it simply allows them to have instant resetting teleportation spell. However, barb entering arena can have ALL the effects of CB at once (which last for 3 mins approx.), also have adrenaline deff buf AND still have chance to use CB with faith while in the fight. So, to the hell with barbs, arena and the whole chinese balance. I think, this should be posted in patch bugs topic, but thinking about time it would take China to fix, well... don't think anyone would still be playing this game by then.
    Oh, i've forgotten psychics, they can also have unlimited running/flying speed up. Too broken, i guess. Less than stormbringer pve damage, at least :):):)

You can start 60 sec faith while removing the glyph, but you can't re-equip the glyph right after. You can use 60 sec faith and have CD reset for CB and use deaden when you want. You still lose the stats from glyph and glyph set (5% more damage from any class to you).
    Or you can use 100 def level while removing the glyph, and use attack buff of Blood Rush right after too.

Still... after playing and testing the real broken update on barb is Violent Triumph with golden Glyph that give you a 1-shot combo with Armageddon (still not that brainless since you lose half HP and need 2 chi).

Don't forget that assassin (huge damage), duskbalde (huge lock + best survivability) and seeker (tanky with a 1-shot combo + edged blur) are actually way broken than barbs.
    Roar_King