Kill Player Nerfing in regards to player spritual cultivation and a handfull of other things.

kyonesiver
kyonesiver Posts: 13 Arc User
How one might ask does this become relivant? well basicly put the NEW thing for pvpers to herass other players with is called NERFING its intentionaly stopping the progress of another player by depriveng them of resorces/abilty to aquire certin resorces, this can include the Spritual cultivation quests where you have to kill a dungeon boss or attack dungeon monsters that require a group to take down.

In Prefect world the only problem is Dungeons/Instances where players can literaly SLOW or STOP your spirtual cultivation by refusing to let you have a group/party or refsing to acknolidge you spesficaly as a player.

this is still player nerfing... Now there was a game I loved that I mention quite a bit ShinMegamiTensei Imagine it went down because of legal issues a certin game company that went backrupt did not want to release the rights to Imagine back to Atlis but Imagine was so good at killing player Nerfing with its Dungeon system that i think its by far still the BEST dungeon system of all time.

how does it work well it works in favor of the Player not the group and or community ideal basicly put if you entered the dungeon alone you could have acess to better loot (that is still less than what you would get form a group venture) and you COULD NOT BE NERFED IN A QUEST FOR TAHT DUNGEON. Thats right if you had the Quest to kill the boss of that dungeon you could complete that quest alone if you had properly prepared your character with Good gear and a fair ammount of remidies/healing supplies.

eventualy the only way to Nerf a player in the game was to take up the shop spaces with items no one wanted to buy and charge a stupid high rate for them... the game went dead because the company hosting it did not wan tto forfit the rights back to teh games owners when their time was up, it lead to a big leaga nasty fest that Atlis won because they woend all copyrights and it got very messy for the host that wanted to remove all PVE games form their revotaour (and the hosting company went backrupt for it, ya pvp did not pay the bills.) and a good game that only needed tow small fixes to be prefect went belly up and its sad because there was an ACTIVE petition to revive hte game that had 3x the signitures they needed to even get it debaited and the game went down with close to a million players a good number of still want to play teh game.

AMAZING what happens when you just take a few minuets to look at something and go, "ya that could become a problem," than give enough power to the players to make it NOT a problem.

witht the reduced coin rate of these games (made by PVP players saying NO MAKe IT COST MORE IT WILL FIX THINGS) the only place to get good coin is the dungeons so if you can solo it your doing better but this puts hte poor healers and weaker classes at a even bigger disadvantage because you got players again (THIS WEAK CLASS STILL NEEDS TO BE BERFFED) than you let them take it to a point where said class cant even solo monsters 10 levels under them that HAVE NO SPECIAL TRAITS.

so honestly you cal tell me all you want nerfing isnt a thing but form where I am sitting it has gotten to a STUPID level of what the hell are you thinking, and it is honestly time to kill some of the player nerfing going on in thses games because a good deal of it are just tearing up the games dmagae/balence system way too much and others are preventing players form progressing in skill level.

nerfing easlly kills the game play experince I dont really want to spend money on a game that is not goign to allow lower level players a chance to grow bassed off thr greed of some of the higher level pvp bombers. (not sorry you guys have your game types Arc even released a NEW PVP shoter game (TWO NEW PVP SHOOTER GAMES if you count the subscription only one) stop tryign to ruin pve.

Comments

• tolots
    tolots Posts: 103 Arc User
    Kinda hard to extract from the thread what your suggestion is

Your suggestion is :

Make all dungeons solo able for every class for the sake of quest bosskills and farming stuff to make money ?

What i dont get is the pvp part, how exactly is pvp is halting your progress to level up, get your cultivation done and making ingame coins without giving you tools to avoid pvp ? Please elaborate

• kyoske
    kyoske Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    @tolots i think he is referring to coinsinks. Basically many of the people who cry for coin sinks are people who already have OP gears(basically intense pvpers), which in some sense is true.

e.g
    asterelle wrote: »
    Getting back to the idea of raising the AH bid limit... I was pretty against the idea at the start and prefer measures to bring coin inflation under control. With the constant stream of keys and those dumb goldfoil rewards though that doesn't seem like an option. Billions of coins are flowing into the server and the gold isn't keeping up. This has been my experience attempting to buy AH gold over the past month.

The person who i quoted is literally end game geared person: g17 wep final cast rb2 NP only thing i couldn't check was glyphs. Now while she was speaking on an entirely different matter and i agree that goldfoils need to go, i think the cry about coin inflation will always be debated. Poor will cry that they arent making enough coins and how they nerf drops, while the rich will be happy they did.
    Now tbh i do agree with more solo-able instances with maybe a quarter of the squad level rewards, but enough drops where a player could make per say 15m a day. The time it takes to form a squad these days, plus the one key per day mechanism makes it rough especially if squad fails. I think most instances should be like Twilight Temple. His post is kind of hard to ready, going to assume english isnt his native language, but i completely agree with him.
    Post edited by kyoske on
  • kyoske
    edited January 2018
    ;
    Post edited by kyoske on
  • tolots
    tolots Posts: 103 Arc User
    Ah thanks for the translation :)

I completly get it that its very hard to make any coins at all if you play only one charakter and you have average gear with low refines and just doing the dailys and the instances you get accepted into a squad.

Repair bills eating up whatever little amount of money you managed to safe up. If you have g16 or lower and only refines around +5 or lower people wont take you into jfsp, ddh, up. The non master bh's rarely give coins now and mysterious chips aint worth anything and socket stones barely cover repair costs if you sell them into a catshop. Mirages are ok but you need those if you ever want to get higher refines!

With lucky token around 20k and lucky coins around 300k even buff food becomes expensive , event gold that could be saved up for refine aids is going into silver charms and there is never enogh event gold.

Being able to solo instances and still get good rewards would ease this problems but pwi want you to take a different route.
    They want you to make a lot of "slaves" (alts) to substain your "main charakter". Because people use alts in every possible way and fashion we have keys for one per day entrys, bad coin rewards for our daily quests and instances and checks that make multi boxing harder in some of the newer instances. If we can get 15mil per day from running some instances solo you can beat that some people would run it with 50+ alts per day and whatever little ecomomy we got on the server would collapse.

But i agree that non cash shopping people who dont want to cater a army of alts just to play a half decent geared main on their back spending an unhealthy ammount of time in the process have coin issues and have a bad flow with gear progression.

• aetje
    aetje Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Non cash means you have to grind, that's just the way this game is set up. That's their monetization scheme: Don't want to grind? Then pay to bypass.
    You can easily make a bit of money with a small altarmy. Even a small cluster of characters at staggered levels (40, 50, 60, 70, 80) can use Jolly Jones to get some 500k per day just by signing in. Per account. And if your character is regenerative, you could try doing autocultivation too for some coin. Won't be much but it helps.

If you don't want to grind OR pay, then you're playing the wrong game.
  • kyoske
    @aetje i think you're missing the main point of all of this. I dont think f2p people have a problem grinding or working for their gears, i have never had that problem. The problem is the nerfing of the contents that we used to use to make that coin. TT is dead nowadays a catshop would only buy gold mats, so in truth you could run many tts and dont get a dime.
    There were days when a f2p could survive without buying gold and sure cash shoppers would be ahead but goals seemed more reachable for f2p players, they dont seem that way anymore. I think pwi need a way to restore the balance. To be honest i wont be surprised if it gets worst and i do get the cries, i used to cry daily, but know i really dont even mind anymore. I play pwi out of love and attachment to toon, when that love dies im out. Plus with the recent closure of BOI and WOI it raises the question how much time does PWI have.
  • aetje
    aetje Posts: 48 Arc User
    kyoske wrote: »
    @aetje i think you're missing the main point of all of this. I dont think f2p people have a problem grinding or working for their gears, i have never had that problem. The problem is the nerfing of the contents that we used to use to make that coin. TT is dead nowadays a catshop would only buy gold mats, so in truth you could run many tts and dont get a dime.
    There were days when a f2p could survive without buying gold and sure cash shoppers would be ahead but goals seemed more reachable for f2p players, they dont seem that way anymore. I think pwi need a way to restore the balance. To be honest i wont be surprised if it gets worst and i do get the cries, i used to cry daily, but know i really dont even mind anymore. I play pwi out of love and attachment to toon, when that love dies im out. Plus with the recent closure of BOI and WOI it raises the question how much time does PWI have.

TT is dead yes, because everyone and their mother can self-farm it. Get with the times! These days homesteading is where the grind-y money is at. Having multiple small homesteads with a basic layout allows you to sell both the sigils and some of the design patterns. If you're willing to invest in the homesteads (and alts) a little you can get those homesteads to the point where the 6th level and higher designs unlock (grand master and upward) - which players need for the green sigils. Those go for 1 mil a pop easily. 3+ mil for the good ones. If you're truly a heavy grinder, get a bunch of alts to those recipes and one or two mains to the point where you get the green sigil quests, then collect and sell dull deity wood for 60 mil a pop. Takes about a week for one of those with daily collection quests, but that's a steady heavy payout. Caveat: Requires a heavy investment into homesteading, and probably some UP farming.