Free Rp by login in.

Comments

• sgt0331
    sgt0331 Posts: 32 Arc User
    Uh how do you log in two different server with same account?
  • phantomforce#4598
    phantomforce#4598 Posts: 397 Community Moderator
    sgt0331 wrote: »

Run two clients.​​
  • eternalghost
    eternalghost Posts: 154 Arc User

Run two clients.​​

That's genius why did I not think of That!
    Kymsplat - Sin -

103 - 103 - 102
    Etherblade
    My Gear: http://mypers.pw/10/#543295
    My Youtube Channel: youtu.be/zyiaSCxQ_KY
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User

Run two clients.​​

Not sure if that was sarcasm but to reply to the question, there is no trick to logging on 2 servers at the same time. You literally just open 2 clients as if you were dual clienting, log 2 different servers and voila.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • thetruesinsz
    thetruesinsz Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    So appearently, my sin stopped updating around this time yesterday with 230 RP (charged some) and my other char stopped updating just now with 210. Has anyone yet breached 250 RP by login rewards?

Wouldn't be surprised if they hardlocked it so that you cannot reach 250 for free...I just want that effing 11* orb for my sin QQ... :(

Wtf, whole of your PWI lifetime QQing about sins being unfair class, yet you make one (or buy) ....? Typical you.
  • eternalghost
    eternalghost Posts: 154 Arc User
    saxroll wrote: »

Run two clients.​​

Not sure if that was sarcasm but to reply to the question, there is no trick to logging on 2 servers at the same time. You literally just open 2 clients as if you were dual clienting, log 2 different servers and voila.

Haha I can see why you'd think that but it was genuine surprise and bewilderment. It's quite amazing any game would let you use the same account on 2 different servers simultaneously since most games forbid that. It's quite a big advantage being able to have x2 rp points for this event but I guess the catch is you have to have a level 80+ on 2 different servers.
    Kymsplat - Sin -

103 - 103 - 102
    Etherblade
    My Gear: http://mypers.pw/10/#543295
    My Youtube Channel: youtu.be/zyiaSCxQ_KY
  • zombiemaster123
    zombiemaster123 Posts: 109 Arc User
    So appearently, my sin stopped updating around this time yesterday with 230 RP (charged some) and my other char stopped updating just now with 210. Has anyone yet breached 250 RP by login rewards?

Wouldn't be surprised if they hardlocked it so that you cannot reach 250 for free...I just want that effing 11* orb for my sin QQ... :(

Wtf, whole of your PWI lifetime QQing about sins being unfair class, yet you make one (or buy) ....? Typical you.

Yes, ofc. I have to play it myself to demonstrate how broken it really is so that one day we might even see a fix. That is my calling and that is what I will do. I've been preparing this char for 2 months now, nearly done :D Videos will follow short after for your enjoyment...if RP stay messed up I will have to go with +10 weap tho, welp :(
  • thetruesinsz
    thetruesinsz Posts: 66 Arc User

Yes, ofc. I have to play it myself to demonstrate how broken it really is so that one day we might even see a fix. That is my calling and that is what I will do. I've been preparing this char for 2 months now, nearly done :D Videos will follow short after for your enjoyment...if RP stay messed up I will have to go with +10 weap tho, welp :(

What about getting a life finally? LOL
  • zombiemaster123
    zombiemaster123 Posts: 109 Arc User

What about getting a life finally? LOL

Wut? Dailies + JFSP = 90 mins a day, max. I used my old sin (created in 2011, shortly after EU server started) which was already 104/103/103 with a few sky level done. So yeah, not that much effort needed. I am so lazy, might do the last level via Luck Coins.

Playing a game for 90 mins a day hardly can be called no-life. But damn, I'd love to play more, especially PvP but nope, too much rl. I'd love to No-life sometimes QQ

BTT: I hope we get our points at least tonight, it's so weird. I always DC at the same time, it worked like a charm and than, 2 days ago, only my Sin didnt get points and yesterday no acc got points. Weird. Exact same time online and exact same time to dc.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,799 Community Moderator
    Please keep this thread in check or it will have to be closed.

Thanks.
  • armoftheland33
    armoftheland33 Posts: 84 Arc User
    I'm stuck at 110 pts even though I've been logged in since thursday (should have about double that). I sent a ticket to support and their reply was basically that everyone's points are messed up and it will work itself out.

Would love some sort of concrete answer as to how/when the points i earned will be added.​​
  • bizzah
    bizzah Posts: 19 Arc User
    @armoftheland33 That's great news actually, thanks for that mate.

We have until the 8th of December to spend our points. If they manage to correctly allocate them until then, well, everything is fine I guess :)
  • daligali1#4897
    daligali1#4897 Posts: 19 Arc User
    89h -71RP o:)o:)o:) I give up
  • catalot
    catalot Posts: 5 Arc User
    I'm stuck at 110 pts even though I've been logged in since thursday (should have about double that). I sent a ticket to support and their reply was basically that everyone's points are messed up and it will work itself out.

Would love some sort of concrete answer as to how/when the points i earned will be added.​​

the cross server and maintenance time-loss wont work itself out sadly.
  • armoftheland33
    catalot wrote: »

Would love some sort of concrete answer as to how/when the points i earned will be added.

the cross server and maintenance time-loss wont work itself out sadly.

My missing points aren't due to going to the cross server or maintenance. Going to xtw and maintenance would only equal about 6-7 hours. I'm missing closer to 45 hours.​​
  • shimarra
    shimarra Posts: 192 Arc User
    Did anyone get updated points today? It's been 3 days since mine updated.
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    shimarra wrote: »
    Did anyone get updated points today? It's been 3 days since mine updated.

Still 8-30 minutes to go until they get updated.
  • drago11
    drago11 Posts: 17 Arc User
    So.... my toon which almost a 95% uptime got 2 points for the last 2.5 days...? Is there any concrete words that the points will work themselves out?
  • armoftheland33
    I got 10 points for yesterday lol. I have no idea what is going on.
  • jacobsrevenge
    jacobsrevenge Posts: 61 Arc User
    got 6points here!!! Cheers!! :D
  • phage69
    phage69 Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    ~sigh~ this is hella broken all my toons been on same amount of time and one has 264 the rest have like 140 >,>
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    So, since CS is getting flooded by tickets, here is the specifics :

- The script only tracks each HOUR (60 minutes) of your login time. It will NOT count 59:59 (Minutes/Seconds), you must be logged in for 1 full hour.
    - The script will disburse points every day at 11 AM PT +/- 15 minutes past the hour. This is to ensure there is no strain on the script.
    - The script takes (1) full 24 hour period to process login times. See my original forum announced forums post.
    - The script reads all login times as each days passes and will disburse points if you somehow missed some from the previous day, or in certain edge-case situations.
    EX. if you logged out at 9 AM PT and then log in at 11:45 AM PT, you will not have the RP from that period to 11:45 PT since you were outside the disbursement window for it to have "tracked" it. But, if you stay logged in for a few hours and then log in the next day before 11 AM PT, the RP from 9 AM to 11:45 AM PT from the previous day will be credited to you.

Or, in other words, on Day 1 your logins were tracked and on Day 2, points were disbursed for Day 1.
    On Day 3, your Day 1 and Day 2 logins were tracked, and any points you MAY HAVE MISSED during that time period will be awarded to you, if any were missed.

For each consecutive day of the promotion, the script will constantly check your logins for each day, starting form the first day of the promotion up until the current day.

For it to properly track your login times, you need to log in and log out, like how login rewards work.
    That is a limitation of the script.

I have been checking the script each day on a separate account and testing different combinations of login in and log out to ensure it was tracking points properly.
    However, a datapull is still going out in case, for some strange reason, someone misses points.

Let me know if you have any additional questions about how this works!
  • catalot
    catalot Posts: 5 Arc User

- The script only tracks each HOUR (60 minutes) of your login time. It will NOT count 59:59 (Minutes/Seconds), you must be logged in for 1 full hour.
    - The script will disburse points every day at 11 AM PT +/- 15 minutes past the hour. This is to ensure there is no strain on the script.
    - The script takes (1) full 24 hour period to process login times. See my original forum announced forums post.
    - The script reads all login times as each days passes and will disburse points if you somehow missed some from the previous day, or in certain edge-case situations.
    EX. if you logged out at 9 AM PT and then log in at 11:45 AM PT, you will not have the RP from that period to 11:45 PT since you were outside the disbursement window for it to have "tracked" it. But, if you stay logged in for a few hours and then log in the next day before 11 AM PT, the RP from 9 AM to 11:45 AM PT from the previous day will be credited to you.

Or, in other words, on Day 1 your logins were tracked and on Day 2, points were disbursed for Day 1.
    On Day 3, your Day 1 and Day 2 logins were tracked, and any points you MAY HAVE MISSED during that time period will be awarded to you, if any were missed.

For each consecutive day of the promotion, the script will constantly check your logins for each day, starting form the first day of the promotion up until the current day.

For it to properly track your login times, you need to log in and log out, like how login rewards work.

I have been checking the script each day on a separate account and testing different combinations of login in and log out to ensure it was tracking points properly.
    However, a datapull is still going out in case, for some strange reason, someone misses points.

so basically for every relog we automaticall lose 2 points per day, but you suggested to relog once per day.
    thats 16 points lost during the entire event just for relogging.

being on cross NW will make you lose another 6 points. doing arena will make you lose 2 points per started hour.
    doing cross tw will make you lose up to 6 points. i wish we had gotten all these informations before the event started, now everyone will barely miss the +12 orb and has to "cash" the rest (smart move maybe?).

and yes, some chars dont seem to be tracked correctly at all.

thanks for sharing these findinds and information, even though it came much too late :/
  • jacobsrevenge
    edited December 2017

Thank u for late information!!!! o:)

here is the screen shot how broken the reward points.. even tho i dnt skip logging out and in every reset(PDT) i really understand the 1st day i only got 4points but, it happens again on 11/26 and happens again Today :D any idea?

X4cuUui.jpg
  • armoftheland33
    I'm glad of the explanation but a little concerned because I am missing close to 40 hours of points earned BEFORE today and by this explanation it doesn't seem it will be added. it doesnt seem to make sense either, because points added today should be from November 28th,wednesday.i was logged in from 6:30am onward (after i logged out for my reset log) and didn't log out again until this morning. By that logic I should have seen a LOT more than ten points.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    The script should disburse out for this day tomorrow (the final round of points), but a datapull is still running anyways just in case somehow you get missed in the final round of script checks. Also, since I know there will be legitimate concerns about the window of redeem being not enough time in case we do have to credit and sort any users who somehow did not get RP, we'll be extending the redeem campaign once our datapull comes in to see how many users were missed and if they charged anything during that time, what points should be credited compared to the login time accrued/missed. The exact number of days will mostly be determined by the total impact - however, the campaign will be extended to give time for those users since we will have to sort the users before the RP goes away.

So long as this campaign is live, the points you have accrued now will live there!

Yes - it was intentional that you did not receive some of the more uniquely powerful items "for free", although I had hoped (?) the shot at some of the higher items (but not the top items) would be something to aim for.

One of the goals was to give users who typically do not charge a taste of what our spending users have access too, so please let me know if this was something you'd like to see again in the future!
  • jacobsrevenge
    The script should disburse out for this day tomorrow (the final round of points), but a datapull is still running anyways just in case somehow you get missed in the final round of script checks. Also, since I know there will be legitimate concerns about the window of redeem being not enough time in case we do have to credit and sort any users who somehow did not get RP, we'll be extending the redeem campaign once our datapull comes in to see how many users were missed and if they charged anything during that time, what points should be credited compared to the login time accrued/missed. The exact number of days will mostly be determined by the total impact - however, the campaign will be extended to give time for those users since we will have to sort the users before the RP goes away.

thank u so much!!! and pls do!

So long as this campaign is live, the points you have accrued now will live there!

Yes - it was intentional that you did not receive some of the more uniquely powerful items "for free", although I had hoped (?) the shot at some of the higher items (but not the top items) would be something to aim for.

One of the goals was to give users who typically do not charge a taste of what our spending users have access too, so please let me know if this was something you'd like to see again in the future!

and YES ofc many f2p wants this to happen. like 2x per year? :DB)

• asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    @kalystconquerer#0876

This is the direction you gave us:
    *Like regular login rewards and script limitations, you will need to log in and out for it to track points properly.
    *To my knowledge, you do NOT need to log in and out every hour for it to track, but continuous day over day (read 24+ hours) might not catch properly. So please keep this in mind!

You told us we need to be logging in and out for this to track properly. Was this terrible advice? A lot of people are missing a ton of points, myself included.

Can you do a final pass of the script where it properly adds up all the time that was logged in for a character? The obvious thing to do is look at the difference between the logout timestamp and the login timestamp and add up all those differences (while handling the start and end times appropriately). Convert from that value the total amount of hours logged in, convert that value to points (2 points per hour) and compare that to the total amount of points you awarded. The difference between the amount you awarded and the amount we should have received is the missing points that still need to be awarded.
    ​​
  • iamnotnormal
    iamnotnormal Posts: 66 Arc User
    lmao. i didnt know i lost 2-10 points everyday just by loggin in and out. pwi should fix this script something as continuous. just by re-logging... u already lost points. this event should continue as built in feature within the game. the more time you spend in the game the more stuff you can get. i think they should change the lower stuff rewards. 2 per hour.. i dont think 40 points is equal to 1k chippies. u spend electricity.. maybe change it to something like 48 points = 2 gst , 96 points = 1 mog. something like that. we basically spend electricity just running the game... its just my opinion.
  • mysticblue#1834
    mysticblue#1834 Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    I pretty much figured out from the forums post itself that the 1 hours thing was a mess up :p indeed you can't leave at 59:59 hrs