[Poll] Favorite Retired Events?

Options
kalystconquerer#0876
kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
edited September 2017 in Official Announcements
Hello PWI players!

With the recent update, some old events have been "retired". However, this also means they are free of their old timeslot restrictions (with the exception of City of Abominations, which still need to be manually activated on it's regular day)

I would like to add some of these old events into our regular event rotations, but would like your feedback on which events you'd like to see prioritized! Please let me know in this poll which event you'd MOST like to see in a regular rotation.

This does not mean the other events themselves will never get run again, this is just to see what events are more desired.

Thank you in advance for your time and feedback!

[Poll] Favorite Retired Events? 134 votes

Celestial Tiger Event
77%
leapitalilredwolf77dreamrosemusicbev1jades1964laiwaisanflippy01asterelledarky26catgirldesugeochrislinucis1magusdarkandyauditoreeylenaviviane19tama99kurisukotzewickedeternalghost 104 votes
Dragon Temple
8%
xyphyragannofdreamsimplodekelestra416sahitan001shopcheesexxabylayxxmimiskysa#4762lottie#8801pyrosgirl8965chelcotocotillyreie#7322 12 votes
City of Abomination
7%
dregenfoxneodaystaracblackathrinbalcotzailathedoc1212niicabrrafagelphantomforce#4598masameamaha1#3263 10 votes
Forest Temple Ruins
5%
ronnie4boysdaniylyandagreenfire312myowecsquared5danielunsa2wokoladkanatalochka 8 votes

Comments

• greenfire312
    greenfire312 Posts: 269 Arc User
    Options
    Forest Temple Ruins
    We... we have to vote just for one? :anguished:

I mean, I care about all of them except for CoA. But I guess I'll vote for Jungle Ruins because no one else did. :tongue:
    Mains: Miugre / LigerKing
    Etherblade server
  • matthew4
    matthew4 Posts: 373 Arc User
    Options
    Omg why all want back now EU ppl got Chance on all event And all want Back on 3am really no !!!!! I want all event Random Spawn !!!
  • wettstyle
    wettstyle Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Maybe even use a System Message In Game and have a assistant to write down the responses PM"S, Whisper's you get while in game. Think it would help alot seeing that many people do not even read the Forum's who probally could give very good feedback, not just the same ones in here over and over .. just a thought:)
  • darky26
    darky26 Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Celestial Tiger Event
    Celestial Tigers! \(^-^)/
    I find it very fun! :)

About the events being on random times. I find fixed times preferable. Or maybe giving clues/info on when they'll occur, around what time, e.t.c. I don't think it's possible to be on 24/7, so knowing when to expect them, it could be very helpful!
  • greenfire312
    Options
    Forest Temple Ruins
    darky26 wrote: »
    About the events being on random times. I find fixed times preferable. Or maybe giving clues/info on when they'll occur, around what time, e.t.c. I don't think it's possible to be on 24/7, so knowing when to expect them, it could be very helpful!
    This.

It seems like the recent ones have been going off during the day, meaning I'll come back to my char in reflection and see an event that I missed in system chat. It's always seemed like the best window for Tigers/DT/Jungle/CoA was between 5 and 8 PM server time - this gives the best chance for people who go to work and/or school to take part in them and increase turnout (as well as holdouts on west-coast servers who started playing before there were east-coast servers, such as myself).

Just to throw out (what I think would be) a workable solution, how about this schedule:
    1. Tigers on Monday, 7PM server time
    2. Jungle Ruins on Tuesday 7PM server time
    3. Dragon Temple on Tuesday 7:30PM server time
    4. City of Abominations on Wednesday 7PM server time

This would restore most of the original schedule, but by making it an hour earlier, you avoid running into the new NW times. I also suggest swapping Dragon Temple and Jungle Ruins, because one might conceivably wish to spend longer in DT than Jungle (if you want to farm badges, fashion pieces, etc). I know when I did DT I would often have to leave earlier than I'd have liked in order to prep for Jungle. However, you could also move one or the other to Thursday 7PM instead (if that works - I don't care about PVP so I never remember when that thursday night fights thing begins).
    Etherblade server
  • patupapa
    patupapa Posts: 39 Arc User
    Options
    None
  • coinsrus
    coinsrus Posts: 131 Arc User
    Options
    Celestial Tiger Event
    Twilight survivor :(
  • eternalghost
    eternalghost Posts: 154 Arc User
    Options
    Celestial Tiger Event
    I voted Celestial Tigers, but to be honest I think the best retired event is the Sweet Remembrance event. It was such a fun and worthwhile event to do, yet has only been done once or twice. Used to bring so many people together to have fun and grind out mobs and the rewards for it where so sick! Id love to see that one return.
    Kymsplat - Sin -

103 - 103 - 102
    Etherblade
    My Gear: http://mypers.pw/10/#543295
    My Youtube Channel: youtu.be/zyiaSCxQ_KY
  • yoda3160
    yoda3160 Posts: 131 Arc User
    Options
    @kalystconquerer The Twighlight Survivor event should probably be brought back again, since this entire past week she has been missing half of the quests including the quest to get the maps so we can do the event. Think it was mentioned in a couple other posts as well but haven't seen any response on the issue yet and worried that if it doesn't get noted to be fixed this time, it might not work right the next time either.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    Options
    Celestial Tiger Event
    @greenfire312 Typically, it's because I can get to these spawns easier during the day. It's not that I haven't done some spawns over any weekends or outside normal business hours (I did a whole event on April 1st for players and that was over a weekend), but its not a common practice.

Locking myself into a schedule, especially hours like that so close to my "in transit to home" time, is asking for trouble. It's easier to do "prime time" spawns for EU and East, since they occur during West Coast hours. West Coast I might have to tweak a bit more for scheduled spawns, as I used to do them between 5-5:30 PM and I tried shifting them to 5:30-6 PM. I'll have to see if this is feasible in the future, but for the next month or so I probably can't change this schedule to make West Coast spawns later than 6ish PM.

@yoda3160 Oh I'm sorry! I think someone asked on my wall and I answered there though I don't believe I answered anywhere on the forums proper.

They changed the event process to where I need back end dates set via patch! Which is unfortunate, because it means I can't run it as often, or I might start getting some eyebrows. I'll either have to figure out a decent clip on this event to continue getting Bloods into the system OR I will have to construct/dig around for new events that give semi similar rewards that don't need a patch.

Sorry about the trouble/inconvenience this may cause!
  • greenfire312
    Options
    Forest Temple Ruins
    @greenfire312 Typically, it's because I can get to these spawns easier during the day. It's not that I haven't done some spawns over any weekends or outside normal business hours (I did a whole event on April 1st for players and that was over a weekend), but its not a common practice.

Locking myself into a schedule, especially hours like that so close to my "in transit to home" time, is asking for trouble. It's easier to do "prime time" spawns for EU and East, since they occur during West Coast hours. West Coast I might have to tweak a bit more for scheduled spawns, as I used to do them between 5-5:30 PM and I tried shifting them to 5:30-6 PM. I'll have to see if this is feasible in the future, but for the next month or so I probably can't change this schedule to make West Coast spawns later than 6ish PM.
    Nobody would ask you to stay late just to make us happy (well ok, probably a few, but nobody reasonable :tongue: ). If it were 6PM server time that'd be excellent in my case, or 5PM... 4PM in some cases. Eventually we'd hope for these to go off at specific times on a schedule that can be automated without you having to spawn them, though. :open_mouth:
    Etherblade server
  • danielunsa2
    danielunsa2 Posts: 4 Arc User
    Options
    Forest Temple Ruins
    My favorite is the Forest Temple Ruins, is always a challenge and is an event where your lvl or gear doesnt mather, but in my opinion the reward is prety bad, you are going to need an update in the rewards to atract more ppl, some G17 items or star chart items would be good, or something else, but right now, the cube and some this event have usefull rewards. An update in fash, mount or in the celestial exchange reward is going to atract more ppl again.
  • fillecool226
    fillecool226 Posts: 27 Arc User
    Options
    Celestial Tiger Event
    Celestial Tigers Event for free event gold of course!!! :O
  • nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    Options
    I would have to say nirvana palace... I know it's not technically a event instance but it was hype af back in the day.

I would love to see a revamp of this instance to be honest and turning it into a Homestead mat farm or G17 mat farm would be appropriate for this meta.
  • fededomino
    fededomino Posts: 246 Arc User
    Options
    how about that Event in South east Archosaur near the Venomancer NPC , i think it gives a Title if collect 5 boxes ( forgot the name of item ) its been long time ago i saw that Event alive , i dont know the Title Name or the effect .
  • fededomino
    fededomino Posts: 246 Arc User
    Options
    ahh the Autumn Event its named near Mrs.Zoologist , in South East Archosaur , its Autumn now so it will fit in right moment in October month , for Title Quest , collect 5 Casses for obtain Title , just a wish and info .

How Others See you , is not important ,, How you see yourself means everything . word to think about ;)
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    Options
    My favorite event was when GM's would actually be active on the servers.
    Those were good events.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• athrinbal
    athrinbal Posts: 31 Arc User
    Options
    City of Abomination
    CoA Would be a great instance to revamp with HS mats
    :)
  • tillyreie#7322
    tillyreie#7322 Posts: 7 Arc User
    Options
    Dragon Temple
    Is Temple of Dragon ever going to come back?
This discussion has been closed.