What happened? 5k spend reward!?!?

Options
I really dont know where to start lol, went away for like 3-4 weeks and came back to this rotten spend reward. Before we could have gotten those top tier rewards for about 800g. i understand that sometimes things change but 5k gold is just ridiculous haha. Even if you recycle coins to gold (visa versa) you still lose so much coins to get there. "Wealthy Titles Spend Promo" is a befitting title for this spend cause only the really wealthy can afford this :) .
RyJfkQI.png
Youtube Channel
"A demon's only path to joy is through suffering"
BigBlackClock 105x3 Assassin

Comments

• erokes
    erokes Posts: 195 Arc User
    Options
    That's why I don't really play anymore due to how horrible its become. However, I'm pretty certain the title isn't really the icing on the cake. I think its the ability to finish their Nuema Portal sets given that they were stopped for some time? Not entirely certain so that's what I think would be the driving force behind it and Yes it IS insane to find someone with the top title but hey its their money just wow such a huge bar they better get the NP card they needed.
    1zcj1jr.jpg

Xenryu ~ Chaotic Soul Venomancer {Retired}

A Horrified Fashionsta

~*~ I now reside in the game called Real Life with my husband LordLunaris ~*~
  • erokes
    Options
    Whoa...I read it again....spend 5k gold ...for a chance in a RAFFLE for the title....what kind of **** is that. If I'm spending that much for the title I think I should automatically get it. X.x before someone complains on what I wrote...come on 5k+ gold...Idk about you that's a ton of gold for the month to buy. Though again its their money...just...wow...
    1zcj1jr.jpg

A Horrified Fashionsta

• nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Options
    It amazes me how delusional they are with those numbers, also, it's a damn RAFFLE, not even guaranteed rewards.
    99% of the population doesn't have 5000 gold, even IF they did have the 20-25B coins, they can't buy 5000 gold cause of the AH huge line, and even IF they could, then you spend those 5000 gold, spend 5 months trying to recycle it and get **** cause it's a damn RAFFLE. This is the most GG anniversary ever, thanks PWE, amazing 9 years anniversary of PWI...

This is how it's always been, game goes 1 step forward, moves 2 steps back because of PWE.
    Thanks for nothing <3

Mr. Justice
  • padautz17
    padautz17 Posts: 66 Arc User
    Options
    Ehm...you do realize that its the best card set in the game right? It shouldnt be able to get it via promos in the first place.... To spend 800 gold which you can easily recylce to get a nuema card was a joke. If they add is then not for such a low price. 5000 gold is a step in the right direction and prevents most people from recycling their gold because they dont have that much coins to do it. You want to cash for a card? Pay for it! Noone forces you to spend that much money on a card anyway. Like i said - There is only 1 real complain here and thats that they shouldnt have added nuema cards to promos in the first place.
  • erokes
    Options
    Well as I mentioned, its the driving force behind it. Good luck to those who are close to finishing their set.
    1zcj1jr.jpg

A Horrified Fashionsta

• catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    Options
    Nuema Portal is content that was added to this game 4 years ago. Regardless of its status as the currently best card set, it's not justified to have to spend 5,000 gold to get one Nuema Portal card. It may not even be the card you need to complete the set. Without the complete set, the other 5 cards are kinda worthless.
    ​​
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Options
    I'm pretty pissed I can spend 800g for a CHANCE of +11-12 orbs....
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • sleeper1#0704
    sleeper1#0704 Posts: 70 Arc User
    Options
    do people realize the number of players playing the game right now? hahaha. i think its gonna die soon.... they are beginning to milk players. then poof. congratulations completing ur nuema portal set and getting +11+12 orbs in the process...
    the next day
    you have 30 days left to enjoy pwi. hahaha. GG..
  • nightmare201
    nightmare201 Posts: 50 Arc User
    Options
    beginning to milk players? What game have you been playing for the past 8 years? Ever since the first anniversary packs came out the ramping up of Cash Shop vs in-game means has been staggering.
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    Options
    Well, they are talking about WEALTHY ****.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Five thousand dollars as a realistic amount to spend on a single video game is so utterly hilarious that it would honestly make front-page news on a gaming site, except for the fact that barely anyone plays or cares about the game anymore.

PWI did a good job of slowly acclimating players to this climate where it's extremely difficult to farm or buy gold while upping the total expenses for endgame-level characters, as well as hiding the real expenses required to play the game behind a convoluted wall of poorly explained random game mechanics.

At this point most players know they're being gouged but have spent so much money and time already that quitting isn't an option.

But besides that fact, PWI is actually a decent f2p for the population of players that play casually...this game will forever depend on that upper-echelon of whales that hemorrhage money out of every **** in their body in an attempt to feed their gaming obsession.

But anyway, when is the next sale of keys?
  • sleeper1#0704
    Options
    beginning to milk players? What game have you been playing for the past 8 years? Ever since the first anniversary packs came out the ramping up of Cash Shop vs in-game means has been staggering.
    i can't really argue that. hahaha. its true

• sleeper1#0704
    Options
    dregenfox wrote: »
    Five thousand dollars as a realistic amount to spend on a single video game is so utterly hilarious that it would honestly make front-page news on a gaming site, except for the fact that barely anyone plays or cares about the game anymore.

PWI did a good job of slowly acclimating players to this climate where it's extremely difficult to farm or buy gold while upping the total expenses for endgame-level characters, as well as hiding the real expenses required to play the game behind a convoluted wall of poorly explained random game mechanics.

At this point most players know they're being gouged but have spent so much money and time already that quitting isn't an option.

But besides that fact, PWI is actually a decent f2p for the population of players that play casually...this game will forever depend on that upper-echelon of whales that hemorrhage money out of every **** in their body in an attempt to feed their gaming obsession.

But anyway, when is the next sale of keys?

u should rethink about the population part. .....
    several catshops went missing now .. hahaha.
    if you can't form 1 FSJ and UP in 1 hr . that says everything about population.

• tricksie
    tricksie Posts: 189 Arc User
    Options
    ... yet people will participate in this crappy spend reward so in their eyes it is justified and will have more ...
    z56fd27dc94746.gif
    egg-44.gif <~ these need to come back into the CS.

• sleeper1#0704
    Options
    tricksie wrote: »
    ... yet people will participate in this crappy spend reward so in their eyes it is justified and will have more ...

only a small number of people are participating...
  • dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    Options

They only need a couple players to participate for it to be worth it. Just 3 players maxing out of several thousand players means a quick $15000 in profit...
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    Options
    dregenfox wrote: »

They only need a couple players to participate for it to be worth it. Just 3 players maxing out of several thousand players means a quick $15000 in profit...

That, however, isnt exactly how you should determine if something is worth it. You would have to compare it to other options you have to make money. If those other means are better, you are effectively losing money. Not to mention the impact of said promo on your customers - Chances are this kind of joke promo is going to drive more players away from the game. All in all this promo was an idiotic decision by PWE, they could of done something your average cashers could participate in and not only make more money but also not annoy their customers.

PWE does not seem to understand how the whales, who are feeding them, are only going to stick around as long as there is ppl to play with. As it stands, more and more ppl are leaving and sooner or later so will the whales.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k