[PSA][Discussion] Instance Issues **UPDATE 7/13**

13»

Comments

• ninna321
    ninna321 Posts: 19 Arc User
    @kalystconquerer#0876 is the Thursday tournament tonight still going? or is tht cancelled?
  • rol3in
    rol3in Posts: 11 Arc User
    Inb4 roll back ;)

you do realise the point of rollbacks right? if there's no damage then no point in doing a rollback
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    @hakundo The CN Engineers were concerned about this affecting DC, but then again, we were up all night so perhaps they assumed it would be affected with tonight's Emergency maintenance? I was under the impression that the bids didn't end until 12 midnight tonight, but it doesn't?

Perhaps they were concerned about the pairing systems? They weren't very clear on what part of DC they thought would be negatively impacted, so I'm just as in the dark as you are. Regardless, I've asked them to do a back up, so if something goes incredibly haywire then we can correct the scores very quickly with a rollback!

An official announcement thread will be going up about it so that players know that the fix is coming in tonight! We're doing one final deep pass on this right now to ensure that all affected instances can be completed properly.
  • classicbeauty
    classicbeauty Posts: 62 Arc User
    I think it has been mentioned before, but I would still like to say that you seem to be doing a very good job kalyst. My compliments :)
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    The CN Engineers were concerned about this affecting DC, but then again, we were up all night so perhaps they assumed it would be affected with tonight's Emergency maintenance? I was under the impression that the bids didn't end until 12 midnight tonight, but it doesn't?

Perhaps they were concerned about the pairing systems? They weren't very clear on what part of DC they thought would be negatively impacted, so I'm just as in the dark as you are. Regardless, I've asked them to do a back up, so if something goes incredibly haywire then we can correct the scores very quickly with a rollback!

The bidding has ended. You are correct it being 12 midnight when it ends but thats for EU time as thats what the xTW server operates on. Or least I havent tried bidding after said time as I rather not toy with it knowing how much issues it tends to have.

I assume something might go wrong with maintenance during the matching period as bidding will be done by the maint time. I dont really know how it could be affected but I`ve learned to never say never with this game.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • bev1
    bev1 Posts: 13 Arc User
    cube in room 51 you cant get past that room it dont tele you to next room
  • jamesburr36
    jamesburr36 Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    saxroll wrote: »

If you only took your own advice :). Like seriously, somebody asks a polite question and you feel the need to go full little miss sassy on them.

Like seriously, why is there a need to be compensated every time one feels inconvenienced? Time to grow up

I nowhere said there was need to compensate. I said there was no need for the attitude.

As for compensation, generally those are given in order to pacify playerbase when **** hits the fan. From companys standpoint its something they give in order to avoid losing players over their mistake. Considering this is likely going to be least 24h issue now, compensation for service which doesnt work properly for 24h isnt unheard of. But if somebody asking if there is compensation or no really gets on your nerves enough to give attitude to strangers on internet, it might be time to close internet for the day.

My point is that we shouldn't need to be pacified. Pacifiers are for infants.

Adults learn to take the good with the bad. I'm shut out of my instance runs today too but there's always tomorrow or the next day.

But I have a very low tolerance for professional victims and the professionally entitled who demand some sort of social justice for every tiny inconvenience in life. Because I swear those same people sure as hell cause a lot of inconvenience for others without offering any compensation for that at all.

Honestly PWI staff would be well within their right to keep all servers offline until the issue was resolved with another patch to fix the instances, etc. but they decided to bring back online with limited functionality for our convenience and peace of mind.

That's the way I look at it. Especially because we have a CM who informed us that they isolated the issue and are working on a fix for us. Just be patient. Our compensation is we get to play the game.

Oh, and if players are going to leave the game over this issue knowing that it is being resolved then there's more to it than just this issue. Let them leave because they are going to find any reason to anyway.

This is a business, if you make mistake then you do your best within reason to pacify your customers so they dont take their business elsewhere. People who think companies compensate out of goodwill are naive, this is no charity.

Taking servers down wouldnt accomplish anything if they didnt have fix ready to be implemented. You dont shut down a restaurant just because you are out of say potatoes but you stop selling dishes involving potatoes and try to sell something else till you get more potatoes. If somebody ordered potatoes before you learning of this issue, you figure it out. You dont just go "too bad so sad" as that would only result in a lost customer.

Read the TOS. Nobody owes you anything regardless of how inconvenienced you are.

It's ridiculous to demand free stuff every time one feels inconvenienced.

Do you demand compensation from the power company every time you have a power failure?
    Do you demand compensation from your internet service provider every time the service is interrupted?
    Do you demand compensation from the phone company every time you lose phone service?
    Do you demand compensation from your local dept. of transportation every time they close a road for repairs?
    Do you demand compensation from your local supermarket if they run out of a certain product?

You get my point? we deal with it and move on after the issues are resolved.

I suppose the most disturbing point of that demand for compensation here is that the individuals made the demands within hours of the issue coming to light and while company staff were busy trying to determine what the issue was and communicate with the devs in China (which at the time was late at night there nevertheless) and figure out how to fix it.

WTH? I would rather the team work on the issue than pacify a couple gamers who were inconvenienced. Come on.
  • keihan007#7641

Read the TOS. Nobody owes you anything regardless of how inconvenienced you are.

It's ridiculous to demand free stuff every time one feels inconvenienced.

Do you demand compensation from the power company every time you have a power failure?
    Do you demand compensation from your internet service provider every time the service is interrupted?
    Do you demand compensation from the phone company every time you lose phone service?
    Do you demand compensation from your local dept. of transportation every time they close a road for repairs?
    Do you demand compensation from your local supermarket if they run out of a certain product?

You get my point? we deal with it and move on after the issues are resolved.

I suppose the most disturbing point of that demand for compensation here is that the individuals made the demands within hours of the issue coming to light and while company staff were busy trying to determine what the issue was and communicate with the devs in China (which at the time was late at night there nevertheless) and figure out how to fix it.

WTH? I would rather the team work on the issue than pacify a couple gamers who were inconvenienced. Come on.

I have yet to even ask for compensation but go on, keep acting as if I did.

No power? We got laws here how long you can be w/o electricity before power company has to compensate you.
    My internet kept giving me **** and I changed providers.
    I dont actually have phone issues so I wouldnt really know.
    Road example is terrible, nobody has been QQing bout maintenances in game, which would be pretty exactly what repairing roads would be.
    And if supermarket doesnt have something I need, I just get it elsewhere.

I guess you dont but if company doesnt have what I need/inconveniences me enough I`ll take my business elsewhere. But from companys standpoint they dont want customer to do that, which seems like a completely foreign concept to you.

And again, least the post that this whole conversation started from wasnt demanding anything.

• sin20
    sin20 Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    I want pwi to **** up even more so more of my friends quit and gimme their stuff , easy.​​
    Post edited by phantomforce#4598 on
  • jamesburr36
    jamesburr36 Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Yada ... yada

We do not have any laws that regulate how long power can be disrupted before compensation. That's ridiculous otherwise the Gulf coast states including the Atlantic coast states would have their power companies go bankrupt after every major hurricane or tropical storm. LOL!

Fact is that power rates are consumer based. You don't pay for what you don't get.

And sure you don't change ISPs the moment your internet is disrupted for a few hours.

LOL!

Back to my point. I never stated you demanded compensation. You replied to my reply to someone who did.

Now you are excused. bye

• keihan007#7641
    edited July 2017

We do not have any laws that regulate how long power can be disrupted before compensation. That's ridiculous otherwise the Gulf coast states including the Atlantic coast states would have their power companies go bankrupt after every major hurricane or tropical storm. LOL!

Fact is that power rates are consumer based. You don't pay for what you don't get.

And sure you don't change ISPs the moment your internet is disrupted for a few hours.

LOL!

Back to my point. I never stated you demanded compensation. You replied to my reply to someone who did.

Now you are excused. bye

Why you you assume I am Murican? Where I live we do in fact have laws regarding that but no surprise a Murican forgets rest of the world even exists.

This issue lasted what, 40h? 40h is a time I would likely seriously consider changing providers if it kept giving me **** for that long period of time.

• kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    Considering I wanted to make sure the fix wasn't slap dashed on and I was here along side them testing it...I don't think it would have been in anyone's best interests to push out a fix any earlier than when we finally got it up. We already had a good amount of interruptions in service that day.

Since the issues have been resolved and it doesn't appear (?) to have negatively hurt DC, I'll close this thread. If DC has been adversely impacted, please let me know (I'll be checking the forums today for it, since any rollbacks we do will have to be done tonight).
This discussion has been closed.