[PSA][Discussion] Instance Issues **UPDATE 7/13**

Options
kalystconquerer#0876
kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
edited July 2017 in Official Announcements
Hello PWI players!

We have received reports regarding instances not working.

Our Engineers are attempting to pinpoint the issue, but if you can please drop details here to help better our investigation! Points of interest is Instance Name, Can you Enter Instance and at What Point Does it Fail would be most helpful!

We will be attempting a server restart/reboot on all servers first - if this does not fix the issues, then we will need CN to do a deeper check to see what's wrong.

Thank you for your patience while we investigate this matter!

**UPDATE**

I stayed last night to run multiple instance checks with the Engineers as they worked through it, with me verifying. We finally got a fix for all the instances and we will be patching it for tonight's Emergency Maintenance! Also, the issue with Action Stones will be fixed in tonight's patch as well!

NOTICE : This Maintenance will occur during the Dragon's Conquest bidding session (11 PM PST) so please be aware of this! We will be monitoring DC rigorously during this time to make sure no abnormalities will occur.

Thank you all for your continued patience while we resolve this matter and please be sure to plan accordingly!
Post edited by kalystconquerer#0876 on

Comments

• ishtera1970
    ishtera1970 Posts: 32 Arc User
    Options
    Abbadon is broken. I can enter, kill Puppet Master and get to Peachblossom. Once at Peachblossom the quest may or may not appear. If quest to go to the past appears quest can be taken and it says quest fullfilled but members are not taken to the past.
  • daikishijiro
    daikishijiro Posts: 4 Arc User
    Options
    For how long will it take?
  • fanta23
    fanta23 Posts: 33 Arc User
    Options
    FSP is not working npc wont show after killing drake.
  • luis7878
    luis7878 Posts: 1 Arc User
    Options
    yes and also my bankpassword isnt fixed yet, i need to reset it please
  • korrindo#8840
    korrindo#8840 Posts: 1 Arc User
    Options
    Flowsilver Palace decide and Judgment, no npcs will show up to give Flowsilver Coins
    Uncharted Paradise and Dawnlight halls do not drop anything after killing a boss
    Aeu Matrix going into a bush will not stealth you from Locean
    Using active points to finish dailies doesn't work and thats all I've encountered
  • valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    Options
    Flowsilver Palace decide and Judgment, no npcs will show up to give Flowsilver Coins
    Uncharted Paradise and Dawnlight halls do not drop anything after killing a boss
    Aeu Matrix going into a bush will not stealth you from Locean
    Using active points to finish dailies doesn't work and thats all I've encountered

Dawnlight Halls is fine. COmpleted a daily Deicide mode and everything is normal.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • eyeofgian2
    eyeofgian2 Posts: 2 Arc User
    Options
    Great maintenace, normal restart, what used to work - no longer works . . . situation normal!
  • nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    Options
    What the hell did you do to the game with that "patch"?
    A lot of instances are broken, ppl are getting DCed all the time, and now the system is even spamming saying that phrase "Amazing bla bla 50 players have already reached Astral Sky X"

Astral? That's from almost 2 years ago :open_mouth:

Anyways, idk what happened, but something went horribly wrong.

About the instances, before what used to happen when you open FSJ is that the quest would say "Quest Failed" and then open, now, it doesn't, it says "Quest complete" and then... nothing, no message saying it has been opened, no NPC after killing the boss and no Judgement quest for the bosses.

Mr. Justice
  • classicbeauty
    classicbeauty Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Tried an EU run earlier today. Failed to turn in at pillars during the relay race. Squad was patient so we reformed and tried again a few times, no success.
  • veganblood
    veganblood Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Options
    AEU Bushes mode...unable to turn in items to continue with instance.

Also, Unable to open FS J-mode, Drake boss keeps reverting to D-mode and won't even run as J.
    (on top of the NPC's not showing up)
    "BE the change you wish to see in the world." ~ Gandhi ~
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    MKVP7fB.png
    "The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way it's animals are treated."
    ~ Gandhi ~
  • nurmoe
    nurmoe Posts: 5 Arc User
    Options
    * in EU after starting, Quests aren´t showing from Pillar.
    * FSP/JFSP after starting mode and killing Drake, NPC´s aren´t showing, FSPCoins can´t be gained,
    tbs JFSP also Quest can´t be obtained at Drake and further.
    * AP Items giving no Points after using them
    * AEU Locen: to hide yourself in Bush not possible, Stealthmode will not activate
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    Options
    Update : we're opening the servers now.

We've pinpointed the issue and we will more than likely need another maintenance to fix the instances. I will keep you all posted when that occurs!
  • jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User
    Options
    thank you
  • npc15
    npc15 Posts: 229 Arc User
    Options
    Will there be some kind of code by any chance to compensate for missing however much time we miss of doing the instances that are broken by any chance (on the assumption it isn't a very fast fix)? Maybe some mats from the instances or something that we would have gotten from doing the instances?
    WbG9jxx.png
    Thanks Adilynne for the awesome sig :)
    My Youtube Channel

Tempest <3
  • shimarra
    shimarra Posts: 192 Arc User
    Options
    I have 4 days left on my legacy mark which I was using for AEU> I hope we have some kind of compensation, especially if this is going to take a couple days.
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    Options

We've pinpointed the issue and we will more than likely need another maintenance to fix the instances. I will keep you all posted when that occurs!

its fixed now?
  • ericamariex222
    ericamariex222 Posts: 114 Arc User
    Options
    beast21g wrote: »

its fixed now?

Nope was just a restart they are going to need a MAINT to fix things
  • sedskdfjkhsdf
    sedskdfjkhsdf Posts: 14 Arc User
    Options
    @kalystconquerer since you folks have "pinpointed the issue" can you let us know exactly which instances are broken. There are a lot of "rumors" on the server about what will work and will not work. Would be good to have a definitive answer so we dont waste our time in broken instances. Thanks.
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    Options
    beast21g wrote: »

its fixed now?

Nope was just a restart they are going to need a MAINT to fix things

So when will be a maintenance? It will be tonight?
    Any clue?
  • jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Options
    npc15 wrote: »
    Will there be some kind of code by any chance to compensate for missing however much time we miss of doing the instances that are broken by any chance (on the assumption it isn't a very fast fix)? Maybe some mats from the instances or something that we would have gotten from doing the instances?

Oh here we go with the demands for compensation because you can't do an instance for a few hours. The horror. The pain. The excruciating grief you had to endure for those few hours.

Go all out and demand nothing less than free full r9rrr, jades, Crown of madness and a jaden crystal because you were slightly annoyed.

Better yet. grow up and deal with life a little. Not everything is perfect and not every little thing that goes wrong in life entitles you to a windfall.
  • bangbang
    bangbang Posts: 127 Arc User
    Options
    I crashed trading someone in my homestead too. Both players crashed.
  • danilo#7359
    danilo#7359 Posts: 15 Arc User
    Options
    Take your time and fix all completly, Of course give us a great compensation for this horrible mistake, and about unused points too and we will be ok. Otherside, I can't tell good about perfect world team and not sure if I will play any game from perfec world entreteniment
  • ichigo1555
    ichigo1555 Posts: 14 Arc User
    Options
    The issue is that u can't open any Fsp modes and also u can't open QSM, it's like u get the quest it's auto completing but nothing else is happening, also u can't summon toad via kiss. Also as far as I heard there r some kinda of issue with dh fairy boss (u can't start it) and with UP reflection mobs (also can't start it), oh and u can't activate the "to the past" abandon quest it's also nothing happen after autocompleting
  • phantomforce#4598
    phantomforce#4598 Posts: 397 Community Moderator
    Options
    luis7878 wrote: »
    yes and also my bankpassword isnt fixed yet, i need to reset it please

@luis7878 You must open a support ticket for that. Posting here will not get you fixed.​​
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    Options
    jadasia wrote: »
    npc15 wrote: »

Oh here we go with the demands for compensation because you can't do an instance for a few hours. The horror. The pain. The excruciating grief you had to endure for those few hours.

Go all out and demand nothing less than free full r9rrr, jades, Crown of madness and a jaden crystal because you were slightly annoyed.

Better yet. grow up and deal with life a little. Not everything is perfect and not every little thing that goes wrong in life entitles you to a windfall.

If you only took your own advice :). Like seriously, somebody asks a polite question and you feel the need to go full little miss sassy on them.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • jamesburr36
    jamesburr36 Posts: 150 Arc User
    Options
    saxroll wrote: »

If you only took your own advice :). Like seriously, somebody asks a polite question and you feel the need to go full little miss sassy on them.

Like seriously, why is there a need to be compensated every time one feels inconvenienced? Time to grow up
  • bangbang
    bangbang Posts: 127 Arc User
    Options

Like seriously, why is there a need to be compensated every time one feels inconvenienced? Time to grow up

Still waiting on the United States government to compensate me for allowing Trump to be elected.
  • wettstyle
    wettstyle Posts: 236 Arc User
    Options
    ^ lmao
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    Options
    Not sure if you missed my reply but i'll post it here for you.

@tek1nig So I got an email back - looks like that character limit can be updated and doesn't (?) sound like it needs a patch. I could be wrong so I'll poke for more details on what they exactly mean by "we just need to update x thing in the client" (paraphrasing)

Is 120 characters long enough?
    tek1nig wrote: »
    @kalystconquerer#0876 I have copy and pastes of my old world chat recruitment messages and yes 120 characters is basically a complete sentence.

Taking into account the new linking I referenced in my post I would suggest approximately 140 character limit so the feature can be fully functional as well as players being able to add a word or 2.

Example:

Hey Guys I need Help! FactionX is QuestBlocking
    The Western Steppes * Neverfall * Paladin’s Square * (365, 585)

In this example there are exactly 127 Characters leaving a good 13 characters remaining for defining parameters such as color of the link (White), and making it clickable.

140 Characters Seems Perfect. Some testing should be done because some places especially in the new world have a bit longer names. But I am Certain 140 should be perfect.

LETS DO THIS @kalystconquerer#0876 monkey-35.gif
    ​​
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    Options

I nowhere said there was need to compensate. I said there was no need for the attitude.

As for compensation, generally those are given in order to pacify playerbase when **** hits the fan. From companys standpoint its something they give in order to avoid losing players over their mistake. Considering this is likely going to be least 24h issue now, compensation for service which doesnt work properly for 24h isnt unheard of. But if somebody asking if there is compensation or no really gets on your nerves enough to give attitude to strangers on internet, it might be time to close internet for the day.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
This discussion has been closed.