[PSA][Discussion] Instance Issues **UPDATE 7/13**

Comments

• yoda3160
    yoda3160 Posts: 131 Arc User
    Found one more problem for you kaly. My checkin from yesterday turned into a miss and I know I did not miss it. Not sure if it's related to what time the checkin was done or not, pretty sure i did mine in the afternoon/evening.
  • jamesburr36
    jamesburr36 Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    saxroll wrote: »

If you only took your own advice :). Like seriously, somebody asks a polite question and you feel the need to go full little miss sassy on them.

Like seriously, why is there a need to be compensated every time one feels inconvenienced? Time to grow up

I nowhere said there was need to compensate. I said there was no need for the attitude.

As for compensation, generally those are given in order to pacify playerbase when **** hits the fan. From companys standpoint its something they give in order to avoid losing players over their mistake. Considering this is likely going to be least 24h issue now, compensation for service which doesnt work properly for 24h isnt unheard of. But if somebody asking if there is compensation or no really gets on your nerves enough to give attitude to strangers on internet, it might be time to close internet for the day.

My point is that we shouldn't need to be pacified. Pacifiers are for infants.

Adults learn to take the good with the bad. I'm shut out of my instance runs today too but there's always tomorrow or the next day.

But I have a very low tolerance for professional victims and the professionally entitled who demand some sort of social justice for every tiny inconvenience in life. Because I swear those same people sure as hell cause a lot of inconvenience for others without offering any compensation for that at all.

Honestly PWI staff would be well within their right to keep all servers offline until the issue was resolved with another patch to fix the instances, etc. but they decided to bring back online with limited functionality for our convenience and peace of mind.

That's the way I look at it. Especially because we have a CM who informed us that they isolated the issue and are working on a fix for us. Just be patient. Our compensation is we get to play the game.

Oh, and if players are going to leave the game over this issue knowing that it is being resolved then there's more to it than just this issue. Let them leave because they are going to find any reason to anyway.
  • implode
    implode Posts: 82 Arc User
    I have another one for you. Room 51 in cube is broken. I got 3 chars in there today, one killed the 6 mobs and was then teleported to the coloured lights and could continue, but 2 killed the 6 mobs and then got stuck. No quest, no cube invitation, no way to continue.
  • euroislove#8880
    euroislove#8880 Posts: 6 Arc User
    For those trolling in the forums again:
    Compensate
    verb .com·pen·sate \ˈkäm-pən-ˌsāt, -ˌpen-\

Definition of compensate
    compensated; compensating
    transitive verb
    : to be equivalent to : counterbalance Her virtues compensate her faults.
    : to make an appropriate and usually counterbalancing payment to compensate the victims for their loss
    a : to provide with means of counteracting variation compensate a magnetic needleb : to neutralize the effect of (variations)
    intransitive verb
    : to supply an equivalent —used with for
    … compensate for his feelings of loneliness by assertions of superiority. — W. H. Auden
    : to offset an error, defect, or undesired effect his enthusiasm compensates for his lack of skill
    : to undergo or engage in psychological or physiological compensation His aggression was an attempt to compensate for inherent passivity.

First Known Use: 1646
    In 1646, the word was used when 700 miners were trapped for 7 days in a mine. 650 of them died on exhaustion and coal dust, hunger. The remaining 50 survived but suffered mental issues thereafter. The local newspaper reported so The mining company compensated every victims during the year and closed down due to reputation loss and loss of trust by workers.

Kid Dictionary : For Adults thinking like kids and trolls in the forums dont really play the game. just trolls in the forums

Main Entry: com·pen·sate
    Pronunciation: primarystresskäm-pschwan-secondarystresssamacrt
    Function: verb
    Inflected Form(s): -sat·ed; -sat·ing
    1 : to be equal to in value or effect : COUNTERBALANCE
    2 : to make up for <compensate for a rude act>
    3 : to make equal return to : PAY <compensate workers for their labor>

To admit ones fault and compensate others is a very adult thing to do.
    To ask for compensation is your right. It was in the constitution that every american deservers quality service for payments that renders service be it online games or food or anything else.

NOT everyone is a KID WHO HAS ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD. Our time is precious some of us, works and has jobs IRL
    and not a loser trolling in the forums. dissing everyone asking for compensation.
    I play only to help my sister. who still enjoys pwi even with trolls around.
    No new players coming in. and old players qutting day by day. GoodJob pwi. for ruining the game I enjoyed playing 8 yrs ago.

INFO: this is not flaming. its a reality check for trolls.
  • ericamariex222
    ericamariex222 Posts: 114 Arc User
  • metamorphasis
    metamorphasis Posts: 32 Arc User
    Hello PWI players!

We have received reports regarding instances not working.

Our Engineers are attempting to pinpoint the issue, but if you can please drop details here to help better our investigation! Points of interest is Instance Name, Can you Enter Instance and at What Point Does it Fail would be most helpful!

We will be attempting a server restart/reboot on all servers first - if this does not fix the issues, then we will need CN to do a deeper check to see what's wrong.

THank you for your patience while we investigate this matter!

Good morning, and thank you for the update! I understand there was a server reset on Twilight Temple as well. I hope this gave the engineers some time to come in and see what was the issue. Do we have any update or possible ETA on a patch or rollback?

Regards,
    Metamorphasis

• valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    jadasia wrote: »
    npc15 wrote: »
    Will there be some kind of code by any chance to compensate for missing however much time we miss of doing the instances that are broken by any chance (on the assumption it isn't a very fast fix)? Maybe some mats from the instances or something that we would have gotten from doing the instances?

Oh here we go with the demands for compensation because you can't do an instance for a few hours. The horror. The pain. The excruciating grief you had to endure for those few hours.

Go all out and demand nothing less than free full r9rrr, jades, Crown of madness and a jaden crystal because you were slightly annoyed.

Better yet. grow up and deal with life a little. Not everything is perfect and not every little thing that goes wrong in life entitles you to a windfall.

If you only took your own advice :). Like seriously, somebody asks a polite question and you feel the need to go full little miss sassy on them.

Replying to a flamebait. Hook, line and sinker!!
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • fanta23
    fanta23 Posts: 33 Arc User
    Can we have an update because the instances are still broken.
  • cyberomega45
    cyberomega45 Posts: 175 Arc User
    Think the engineers should look into the new event The General's Daughter. Littlefoot NPC is missing and ever since that event was added after maintenance, we have had these latest set of major problems in the games with the NPCs in the instances broken. I would suggest they get rid of the event first and see how it goes.
  • anita
    anita Posts: 32 Arc User
    Boutique didn't break lol
  • creysero
    creysero Posts: 101 Arc User
    3x Drops for a week as compensation thanks!
  • jamesburr36
    jamesburr36 Posts: 150 Arc User

For those trolling in the forums again:
    Compensate
    verb .com·pen·sate \ˈkäm-pən-ˌsāt, -ˌpen-\
    INFO: this is not flaming. its a reality check for trolls.

What reality check? All I'm saying is that not every inconvenience in life deserves compensation.

How many times have those who are demanding compensation for this actually paid compensation to anyone else they inconvenienced in life? They don't.

As far as this game is concerned we get enough free stuff just by being here. We just had 2 weeks of 2x drops and 3x EXP. I think it's ridiculous to make demands for compensation because of some inconvenience from an unintended consequence from a patch which the devs and the GMS are working hard to resolve.

All I am asking for is to be patient and let the development team fix the problem.
  • malllliii
    malllliii Posts: 137 Arc User
    anita wrote: »
    Boutique didn't break lol

I was saying the same thing to myself rofl xD.
    RyJfkQI.png
    Youtube Channel
    "A demon's only path to joy is through suffering"
    BigBlackClock 105x3 Assassin
  • wildz2
    wildz2 Posts: 91 Arc User
    So...
    Should we forget about it like the other glitches in game or...?
  • euroislove#8880
    I have a feeling somebody from arc games is gonna get axed soon..,,
    what do u do when u waited long enough? you post stuff in here the forums to somehow elevate your anger.
    we are patient. lol . as a free player myself. we learned patience hard on pwi.
    Patience.
    every little bit of armor needs mats to collect. that somehow may or may not drop on bosses
    skill book that may or may not drop
    warsong belt and cube of fate stamp that needs the same mats all over again. . ,, if this is not patience what is?
    every reroll that brings **** stats on **** armors. finding interval on daggers for 10 rerolls and counting
    what "patience" r u talking about?
    recasting ur cash shopped r9. buying mats from players with minimal cost. that tooks ages.
    patience.
    have a thin line between martrydom and just plain stupidity.
    opening 1k packs for the elusive com, jaden, sot,fingerbead. ... requires a lot of patience.
    so.
    Doing dailies everyday that gives minuscule amount of vitae that requires 100k worth to finish,
    if that is not patience? what is?

WE know patience.
    No need to reiterate it if you dont know nothing.

back to topic.
    somebody said 3 days. .. to finish. its the 2nd day now.
  • fio03
    fio03 Posts: 7 Arc User

Like seriously, why is there a need to be compensated every time one feels inconvenienced? Time to grow up

I nowhere said there was need to compensate. I said there was no need for the attitude.

As for compensation, generally those are given in order to pacify playerbase when **** hits the fan. From companys standpoint its something they give in order to avoid losing players over their mistake. Considering this is likely going to be least 24h issue now, compensation for service which doesnt work properly for 24h isnt unheard of. But if somebody asking if there is compensation or no really gets on your nerves enough to give attitude to strangers on internet, it might be time to close internet for the day.

Adults learn to take the good with the bad. I'm shut out of my instance runs today too but there's always tomorrow or the next day.

But I have a very low tolerance for professional victims and the professionally entitled who demand some sort of social justice for every tiny inconvenience in life. Because I swear those same people sure as hell cause a lot of inconvenience for others without offering any compensation for that at all.

Honestly PWI staff would be well within their right to keep all servers offline until the issue was resolved with another patch to fix the instances, etc. but they decided to bring back online with limited functionality for our convenience and peace of mind.

That's the way I look at it. Especially because we have a CM who informed us that they isolated the issue and are working on a fix for us. Just be patient. Our compensation is we get to play the game.

Oh, and if players are going to leave the game over this issue knowing that it is being resolved then there's more to it than just this issue. Let them leave because they are going to find any reason to anyway.

I find it hilarious that all this started with someone asking a nice simple question about if they were going to compenstate if the time frame went long oh and that they were asking about matts from the instances that are broken they didnt demand or have a fit they were just asking seemed like they were curious not that they were mad on the other hand no one said anything to the two or three posts where they were having a total fit about it saying pwi ruined the game and talking about quitting and what not my thoughts if your gonna quit then quit and if your gonna have a fit about someone asking about compensation why not do it on the one that are demanding it and threating to quit rather than the ones just asking a question
  • tricksie
    tricksie Posts: 189 Arc User
    My expectation is the “fix” would happen at the next server maintenance. That would be an entire week for them to get their act together… if it’s fixed before then I will be pleasantly surprised… if later… well GG.
    In the meantime until the fix many people will just log to do their plowshare dailies/checkin etc and log off and look for something else to do or another game. Saw this happen already yesterday. If this takes too long to fix well I think the community who is just logging for the checkins etc… will be like why bother?

Also the compensation bit is old and tired. Some of y’all expect if for every minor thing. (However this kind of isn’t minor but GDI stop being whiny babies about every little thing)​​
    z56fd27dc94746.gif
    egg-44.gif <~ these need to come back into the CS.

• aeternusdoleo
    aeternusdoleo Posts: 180 Arc User
    There's more to do then just the broken instances. Only FSP, EU, UP and AEU with that blind boss and Shakti are bugged. You can still do DDH, JDH, Full warsong, Lunar and for us grinders, Jolly Jones. And as said before, all the dailies are active.

That said, after this not-so-small oops, I'd expect the devs/engineers to test the patch they intend to roll out to the servers to ensure those instances work once they next reboot em. A small gesture to the playerbase wouldn't be out of place, but the folks above raging about compensation... entitlement much? I'm more concerned about them getting the problem fixed.
    ... forget your fears. And want no more...

Dawnglory player:
    Ulsyr - Khelvan - Evryn - Gromth
    And StoneSnake - CatSnakeshop for everyone's Common Stones and more!
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    lets see if RW, NW, TW and xTW will work now
  • euroislove#8880
    as others have already said. this thread ... i want the devs or somebody to give us details yet again. WHEN WILL IT BE FIXED.
    that's the simple question. , simple question. simple answer.
    example of
    we still did not find the problem so we will have to wait 1 week for it to be fixed.
    the "SPECIFIC TIME FRAME" is missing from ur last post.
  • yesmesalikey
    yesmesalikey Posts: 16 Arc User
    Inb4 roll back ;)
  • ericamariex222
    beast21g wrote: »

so far RW worked last night. on TT
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    beast21g wrote: »

so far RW worked last night. on TT

For Dawnglory i think server was offline at that time
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User

This is a business, if you make mistake then you do your best within reason to pacify your customers so they dont take their business elsewhere. People who think companies compensate out of goodwill are naive, this is no charity.

Taking servers down wouldnt accomplish anything if they didnt have fix ready to be implemented. You dont shut down a restaurant just because you are out of say potatoes but you stop selling dishes involving potatoes and try to sell something else till you get more potatoes. If somebody ordered potatoes before you learning of this issue, you figure it out. You dont just go "too bad so sad" as that would only result in a lost customer.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • danilo#7359
    danilo#7359 Posts: 15 Arc User
    Any news ? Is the same instances not working ? Any response from GM ? Is that any compensation for us ?
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    The only thing I do these days (under the week) is JFSP. Now I can't even do that ._.
  • ericamariex222
    Any news ? Is the same instances not working ? Any response from GM ? Is that any compensation for us ?

nothing has been fixed, no update no nothing so we just wait.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    edited July 2017
    **UPDATE**

I stayed last night to run multiple instance checks with the Engineers as they worked through it, with me verifying. We finally got a fix for all the instances and we will be patching it for tonight's Emergency Maintenance! Also, the issue with Action Stones will be fixed in tonight's patch as well!

NOTICE : This Maintenance will occur during the Dragon's Conquest bidding session (11 PM PST) so please be aware of this! We will be monitoring DC rigorously during this time to make sure no abnormalities will occur.

Thank you all for your continued patience while we resolve this matter and please be sure to plan accordingly!
  • sarahbella6197
    sarahbella6197 Posts: 10 Arc User
    Thank you for the update!

• hakundo
    hakundo Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    @kalystconquerer#0876
    NOTICE : This Maintenance will occur during the Dragon's Conquest bidding session (11 PM PST) so please be aware of this! We will be monitoring DC rigorously during this time to make sure no abnormalities will occur.

First off, thank you!

Secondly, what do you mean during the DC bidding session? Bidding ends in 1h45min, and DC is on Saturday. In 10 hours (11pm PST) there's... nothing. Or am I missing something?
This discussion has been closed.