This all take way too long

tolots
tolots Posts: 103 Arc User
People say pwi is a pay to win game and trying to milk thier cash cows as hard as possible. I agree and i dont mind. What i mind is the awful grind , farming years for your g17r5 weapon , years for all the level 10 glyphs ? Everything new we get is measured in YEARS now ?

I have no time to run UP , FSP, DH , Dailys, BH , PV, Collosseum(as soon its back) every day + time to socialize.
This time burden is insane and the progress is again measured in YEARS. Sorry i have to work for all the money i threw at you to make the game better wich requires time and i have to sleep aswell and i would like to have some kind of real life too. But these days you either life for pwi or it will take longer than YEARS to get your endgame gear.

Sorry but i dont want to farm 2 years for a weapon or 1 year for a ring, whats wrong with pwi ? Where are the shortcuts ? Im at the point where i consider switching the game to a more cash shop friendly and less time consuming title.

I dont need A packs, S packs , +12 Josd / deity **** i want G17 mats , the new colloseum currency or a way to shortcut the grind and glyphs.

Comments

• nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    This has been discussed in many threads which I made in the past but the answer is always the same...
    "PWCN likes the grind and our ideas must go through them"
    We've gotten the bloods added to badge exchange and even spirit/vitae orders for dawnlight​ halls now.

I understand that PW is frustrating to gear and or do daily passives so you can even do decent damage to 'end game' players. But, the truth is PW will always milk the community for more cash whether it's with Glyphs and or cards and or new Atk lvl stones with +4's...

My best advice, find another game and buy a jetski or boat with the cash you save from not going Nuema Portal to stay "competitive"
  • shineni#2821
    shineni#2821 Posts: 70 Arc User
    Yeah, its like @nunuator said, We Receive our patch from china, and china won't (probably not) make specific patches for our version in terms of Grind/Sky levels, which while the Dragonic Essence from G17r5 is only farmable with a very high prosperity Homestead, the G17r3 and R4 Profaneed wood is pretty much farmable with alts, if u keep in mind that China population of pw is way higher than us, this means more Zenith/Dull profaneed woods/ G17 Mats/ Glyphs in the market, making everything cheaper,easier and probably faster to acquire. Sadly our version don't have that much players making stuff way longer.

• kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    Hello!

Arigora actually also has a score threshold you must meet to craft anything - I was unpleasantly surprised by this when I tried to make the Crown of Apex and was kicked back with a "Need to have 1600 score". So trying to just hand out coins doesn't work.

That being said, that doesn't mean (to the general points) that we can't ease that grind by injecting supply of some of these items in other ways (Events, TW, DC etc.) There are things I can do in the meantime, but I always have to be careful of the balance of the economy and increasing the supply too much too quickly that it raises flags. The weapons were not designed to have been acquired in a short amount of time, but from a player's perspective, gating the item too hard means people will not want to engage in the content to attain it. Skulls and Shards are now being added into the TW and DC rewards

For Sky levels, I asked for this to be scaled down, but they said no specifically because they said this would hurt players' feelings who already got to that point (and would have to probably be something they pass into their version, which could make some people irritated after grinding all that vitae up). So instead, I asked for Ancient Gifts to be whitelisted and I balance out giving them out in events and having them in promos. This was actually kind of a tricky request, but so long as I continue to do it this way, the item shouldn't be pulled for the foreseeable future.

For Bloods - Take a look at the event scheduling. I run Twilight Survivor nearly monthly now, which is a way to acquire additional Bloods. The other events players have suggested to acquire Bloods that can be useable will also get slotted into our schedules in the future (just need to run tests on them first to make sure they function and all the localization is ok).

I'm still always taking a pulse, so if I need to adjust my efforts I'm always looking into it!
  • nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    Honestly why players are generally moving to private servers, at least from the player base is...

Players want to try a new class but, with the extreme grind and extreme amount of time to just get one character to complete culti, is absurd. A player comes to a game to have fun not hit barrier after barrier with things like spirit...

This is one of the main reasons why Soo many players are moving and or creating duskblades, Duskblades are legitimately the only class that you can afk for a couple weeks or months and still pose a threat to players even with low spirit.

If PW wanted to keep players coming in instead of coming out a dramatic price cut for gold as well as a drop in amount of vitae per sky lvl is highly needed. I've seen multiple people come into pwi drop a couple Grand get full +3 and then get 1 shot by nearly everyone due to passives and Spirit/sky lvl.

To compensate players for time spent and or gold spent for gears a data pull for gold spent on R9 or something could be done and players could receive said bonus gold for being loyal... This may seem absurd at first but, players would be willing to give PWI another try and gold would quickly settle since most players will sell or spend ASAP for shards and or making a new toon R9.

IMHO spirit is a terrible idea for PWI and with the introduction of lvl 10 Glyphs stats adding a full +24 Atk+defense levels and 300 spirit for a full set of 6 lvl 10's will just drive new players even further away. I mean I get the portal idea but, let players have the stats just not let them be nearly un-killable for a common player due to 300-400 spirit on candleflame​.
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    For Sky levels, I asked for this to be scaled down, but they said no specifically because they said this would hurt players' feelings who already got to that point (and would have to probably be something they pass into their version, which could make some people irritated after grinding all that vitae up). So instead, I asked for Ancient Gifts to be whitelisted and I balance out giving them out in events and having them in promos. This was actually kind of a tricky request, but so long as I continue to do it this way, the item shouldn't be pulled for the foreseeable future.

That's the thing with CN. They don't understand out playerbase. It keeps dwindling in a rapid fashion and I, don't only speak for myself, can say that I rather have people that get to the level I am in terms of passives, titles, etc p.p. for free and instantly to have some competition rather than being jealous of them. Other games do the exact same thing in a yearly fashion. New content updates nearly always mean the the current max endgame gear becomes NPC-Level gear of the newer gear gap. No one cares...some of those game still have millions of players (even tho I personally hate it when gear gets a massive devaluation which should never happen in PWI...cause gear value directly translated to money spent in rl for a majority of ppl..so giving away free armor that is stronger would end this game). Passives and Skills and everything aside of Gear, Charts, Cards could be completely free for anyone. Create a new char = have it maxed. No one would complain at all cause what's done is done we had it for a longer time than the new players in return, so to say.

I encourage you to engage CN again with this and to constantly remind them that PWI is not PWCN. The game as it is was initially created for thousands of players and while that is still true for CN...it just isn't for PWI and we have to take measures to revitalize the game. Make it attractive for new players. No one can tell me that there is alot money to be earned with cultivation stuff. Never. Give out free passive stats and watch how dozens of people spend money on r9 and refine. Win/Win. Cultivation stuffs are just obstacles for the western civilization and yeah, I am part of it too. I am too lazy and don't have enough time to bother with it anymore and I've already done it completely 7x times xDD

People want gear, they wanna PvP and participate in endgame instance/farm. Anything else is just not enjoyable. It really isn't :(
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    Guys, this is an eastern MMORPG. Chinese players love this grinding stuff, our culture is just too lazy and too much instant gratification. Can complain all you want, but this game caters to the needs of their culture, not ours.
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    dingo488 wrote: »
    Guys, this is an eastern MMORPG. Chinese players love this grinding stuff, our culture is just too lazy and too much instant gratification. Can complain all you want, but this game caters to the needs of their culture, not ours.

Exactly, which is why they have to change the game for the west to be able to survive in the west for a bit longer. I also like to work for something, who doesn't, really but it's getting out of hand. People should work for stuff but not for the most ridiculous small upgrade and invest hours over hours into it for barely anything. The competition of more suitable games is way too massive atm.
  • ailiadrake
    ailiadrake Posts: 282 Arc User
    I can agree with you Joe, but the thing is, China wants our version to be like theirs. It was the reason why R9.4 was introduced in the first place (that it was dissed by 99% of the player base here doesn't count). And it's the reason why many of our suggestions aren't even looked at.

I'm starting to believe that the whole "making our version like theirs" thing is more of a "they aren't bothered enough to do localization/changes for our western version".
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Hello!

Arigora actually also has a score threshold you must meet to craft anything - I was unpleasantly surprised by this when I tried to make the Crown of Apex and was kicked back with a "Need to have 1600 score". So trying to just hand out coins doesn't work.

That being said, that doesn't mean (to the general points) that we can't ease that grind by injecting supply of some of these items in other ways (Events, TW, DC etc.) There are things I can do in the meantime, but I always have to be careful of the balance of the economy and increasing the supply too much too quickly that it raises flags. The weapons were not designed to have been acquired in a short amount of time, but from a player's perspective, gating the item too hard means people will not want to engage in the content to attain it. Skulls and Shards are now being added into the TW and DC rewards

For Bloods - Take a look at the event scheduling. I run Twilight Survivor nearly monthly now, which is a way to acquire additional Bloods. The other events players have suggested to acquire Bloods that can be useable will also get slotted into our schedules in the future (just need to run tests on them first to make sure they function and all the localization is ok).

I'm still always taking a pulse, so if I need to adjust my efforts I'm always looking into it!

My friend who quit game a few years ago was going to come back and work on catching up sky levels using the Invite a friend spirit buff (IDK what its called) that you get when you return to game.

Well, I sent him his mails in game to invite him back and told him to log in. Upon log in he received no spirit buff, though he received the title for returning warrior and the little tokens to complete the friend quests with my feathers. So he immediately quit again since as a returning player he doesn't have any ancient gifts to help with the grind through arcane sky lol.

Why was this part of the return to game perks removed? Was this blacklisted by China? Or just his character?​​
  • forbiddenwords
    forbiddenwords Posts: 321 Arc User
    eirghan wrote: »

My friend who quit game a few years ago was going to come back and work on catching up sky levels using the Invite a friend spirit buff (IDK what its called) that you get when you return to game.

Well, I sent him his mails in game to invite him back and told him to log in. Upon log in he received no spirit buff, though he received the title for returning warrior and the little tokens to complete the friend quests with my feathers. So he immediately quit again since as a returning player he doesn't have any ancient gifts to help with the grind through arcane sky lol.

Why was this part of the return to game perks removed? Was this blacklisted by China? Or just his character?

Same story with some of my alts. If he didn't log in while Invite a friend was active, he won't get the buff. Apparently you won't get it if you return/log in after the event is over
    ​​
    BfYIUJc.png
    ☆ Pixel ♥ Heart ☆ Etherblade ☆