Comments

• valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Options
    sin20 wrote: »
    @kalystconquerer#0876
    What was decided about xtw rankings?
    Are we just gonna pretend this bug never happened and keep going on like this or will something be done with some factions getting free points/land that will affect this week aswell cause this is a big deal for factions fighting for 1st place.

Judging from map they're going to continue as if nothing has happened, at least for this weekend.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • cheats69
    cheats69 Posts: 86 Arc User
    Options
    @kalystconquerer#0876
    What was decided about xtw rankings?
    Are we just gonna pretend this bug never happened and keep going on like this or will something be done with some factions getting free points/land that will affect this week aswell cause this is a big deal for factions fighting for 1st place.

This happens every season. It's not something new. Factions by now should plan for glitches when they come up with their season strategies.​​
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Options
    To be honest, with how weak Vindicate really is, I wouldn't be too worried about getting first place back. I imagine any top 5 faction can beat them right now.

I do enjoy how they are posting from alts using words like ''strategies'' and ''plan'' to somehow make it seem like their stroke of luck was a reward for their good planning. Because you know, Vindicate, being the best roleplayers of PWI, knew that:

1. The one week all their lands are up to get attacked this glitch would happen;
    2. They could somehow get more people in xTW than all the other factions combined.

Normal people would call it dumb luck. You won a lottery, lets see if you keep the money till the end of the season, or if you're back in the ditch before it gets that far. My prediction? Ditch.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    Options
    I'm waiting to hear back from our engineer if scores can be rolled back or not. What I would rather not happen again is attempt a rollback, and then have the strange map populating issue and skewing scores again. They do save backups for TW, but I'm curious to know if they do the same for DC.

A rollback would probably be the "easiest solution", coupled with a 2-3 week extension. If I hear anything different from our engineers though, then I'll be updating accordingly!
  • fanta23
    fanta23 Posts: 33 Arc User
    Options
    Is the dc issue fixed for the coming XTW on saterday?
  • valdisman
    Options
    I'm waiting to hear back from our engineer if scores can be rolled back or not. What I would rather not happen again is attempt a rollback, and then have the strange map populating issue and skewing scores again. They do save backups for TW, but I'm curious to know if they do the same for DC.

A rollback would probably be the "easiest solution", coupled with a 2-3 week extension. If I hear anything different from our engineers though, then I'll be updating accordingly!

If they can't rollback to what it was, do you intend to end the season on that weeks scores and start a new mini season or just continue as if nothing has happened?
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
  • sin20
    sin20 Posts: 237 Arc User
    Options
    @kalystconquerer#0876
    Has there been any news regarding this issue?
  • dingo488
    edited May 2017
    Options
    @kalystconquerer#0876
    Something weird happened this weekend again, lands that were supposed to get attacked didn't get attacked and lands that shouldn't have been attacked did. Just out of curiousity, did the engineers mess with the match history or anything? Based on the lands that did get attacked it seems the entire match history has been removed and the game thought this was the first week of the season. This has further messed up the rankings and it has completely spiraled out of control. Unless the plan is to roll back the score to how it was the week before the glitch after all lands have been attacked again, in which case that would probably be a really good solution, but surely you wouldve said something about that :sweat: right? xd
  • sin20
    sin20 Posts: 237 Arc User
    Options
    dingo488 wrote: »
    @kalystconquerer#0876
    Something weird happened this weekend again, lands that were supposed to get attacked didn't get attacked and lands that shouldn't have been attacked did. Just out of curiousity, did the engineers mess with the match history or anything? Based on the lands that did get attacked it seems the entire match history has been removed and the game thought this was the first week of the season. This has further messed up the rankings and it has completely spiraled out of control. Unless the plan is to roll back the score to how it was the week before the glitch after all lands have been attacked again, in which case that would probably be a really good solution, but surely you wouldve said something about that :sweat: right? xd

The plan is simple , say we are attempting to rollback xtw map to see if it would work or not , ignore the questions of community and dont give out any other info regarding it, after that wait for like 2 weeks or so.
    After that 2 weeks most of ppl will either stop caring or just forget about the issue , at that point you can casually say we could attempt a rollback of xtw map but seeing how ppl invested time , effort and resources during this 2-3 weeks it woudnt be fair to them to just make it all be for nothing and let the season continue as it is xD

The point is still the same , current leading faction made unfair advantage of 3 lands and 60 points from that during this 2 weeks , depending how next week will go if it turns out to be same as this one that can get snowballed even more.

Now about smtn wierd happening this week , you say lands that shoudnt have been attacked got attacked , my question is how did a faction thats holding 6 T2 lands get attacked on none of them?
    If its how u say that if u get attacked on a land next week u cant get attacked on it again , that would make 3 of their lands from previous week ineligible and leave the other 3 to get attacked, so is this just pure luck (again for what 5-6 time?) or is smtn wrong with matchmaking system xD
  • fanta23
    fanta23 Posts: 33 Arc User
    Options
    When the leading xtw faction loses to a faction that only holds 1 land on normal tw map and still leads by 100 points ahead then yes something is wrong. It seems others could nog even bid on the lands. The should hurry now with a rollback because if it takes to long it can never happen.
  • valdisman
    Options
    fanta23 wrote: »
    When the leading xtw faction loses to a faction that only holds 1 land on normal tw map and still leads by 100 points ahead then yes something is wrong. It seems others could nog even bid on the lands. The should hurry now with a rollback because if it takes to long it can never happen.

Smells like an pre-arranged fix.. xD
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
  • dingo488
    edited May 2017
    Options
    If its how u say that if u get attacked on a land next week u cant get attacked on it again , that would make 3 of their lands from previous week ineligible and leave the other 3 to get attacked, so is this just pure luck (again for what 5-6 time?) or is smtn wrong with matchmaking system xD

That's not entirely true, a land can absolutely get attacked 2 weeks in a row but it depends on the circumstances (how many factions bid on one category for the week). However, we know exactly how many factions bid on Swirling this week and what happened this week shouldn't have happened. The only logical explanation as to why it did happen is that they messed with the match history and restarted xTW (as if the season just started), without resetting lands/points.

....And ye, this was once again hugely in favor of Vindicate, and this time around greatly harmed Karma. As for the other factions, they are mostly unaffected by this.

If they don't mess with the matchmaking again then next week almost all the mess-ups from the last 2 weeks will finally be restored and they will finally properly get attacked and will actually have to defend their lands (they are actually looking at 5~7 battles in a single week). But they've still banked on free points for 2 weeks, which totals to about 160 points for free. And if the number of factions attacking Swirling Dragon Camp is low next week, they might get free points for a 3rd week as well.

That's why I was wondering if this matchmaking reset was intended, because that would be a pretty good solution to the issue from last week, make every single faction defend every single one of their lands once, and then reset the points to before the issue occurred, extend the season by however many weeks it took to get there, and continue the season. But since @kalystconquerer#0876 hasn't stated that this was the plan I'm more worried that they might just be doing random things.
  • fury85
    fury85 Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Options
    To be honest, with how weak Vindicate really is, I wouldn't be too worried about getting first place back. I imagine any top 5 faction can beat them right now.

I suggest you to check your faction and mind to do better with Echo more than trash Vindicate. Actually our server is doing very bad in xTW.

About the bug I think that is hard to reset... would be great if they can just delete the points obtained in the bugged weekend atleast.

Roar_King
    Level 105 Barbarian with Deity Stone
  • valdisman
    Options
    fury85 wrote: »

I suggest you to check your faction and mind to do better with Echo more than trash Vindicate. Actually our server is doing very bad in xTW.

About the bug I think that is hard to reset... would be great if they can just delete the points obtained in the bugged weekend atleast.

Yeah Kaly said she was looking into whether or not PWI could roll back that server. Only problem I can see is possibly that the XTW server is tied into the main ones because of NPC and rankings etc, so if it would be possible to roll one without it affecting the other.

However this season now plays out, it's always going to be known as another messed up season which helped benefit certain factions over others, in a pretty big way. It's just annoying and slightly embarrassing how slow PWI are at handling massive mess ups like this. They always seem to try to please the few over the many.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker