Why is the patcher so large?

firefraii
firefraii Posts: 49 Arc User
So i play on a laptop (obviously smaller screen) and opening the patcher i noticed it's almost the same size as the screen, making it unable to be dragged upwards and my play button is located somewhere in my taskbar (I have 1366x768 resolution). Only a minor issue but yeah seems like an odd thing to implement, anyone else got this issue? Inb4 "Buy new pc lul"

Comments

• tiyassomu
    tiyassomu Posts: 29 Arc User
    I'm having this same issue, i have dragg the patcher to see the PLAY option.

i.imgur.com/OEuuZJq.jpg

• po210
    po210 Posts: 39 Arc User
    same issue
  • tiyassomu
    tiyassomu Posts: 29 Arc User
    I guess maybe they will fix it, in the upcoming week during the maintanance.
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Yeah, the size of the patcher is a bit obnoxious.

On a similar note though, so is a screen smaller than 1920x1080 in today's tech. You could probably use the move window hotkeys to re-position the patcher so you can see it. Or just use the workarounds to start the client without the patcher.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • emodarkwolf
    emodarkwolf Posts: 16 Arc User
    tiyassomu wrote: »
    I'm having this same issue, i have dragg the patcher to see the PLAY option.

i.imgur.com/OEuuZJq.jpg

Yup, mine appears exactly the same. I try to drag it upwards but it comes back down instantly ._.
  • doods00
    doods00 Posts: 106 Arc User
    Yeah, the size of the patcher is a bit obnoxious.

On a similar note though, so is a screen smaller than 1920x1080 in today's tech. You could probably use the move window hotkeys to re-position the patcher so you can see it. Or just use the workarounds to start the client without the patcher.​​

except this game doesnt support 1980 x1080i MH2016 does as well as swtor. so im stuck at this reso cause 1792 x 992 or whatever is a bit fuzzy. the tech is there , this game isnt

• jarahe
    jarahe Posts: 34 Arc User
    The graphic to where you click to enter after it has finished updating is so large that I cannot see to click on the play button. I have changed my display settings several times to no avail. What do I need to do to play?
  • phantomforce#4598
    phantomforce#4598 Posts: 397 Community Moderator
    edited April 2017
    From a post in the other thread
    kalpeshk3 wrote: »
    why patcher is so big cant fit in screen?

They designed it with today's computers in mind, and not yesterday's laptops. If your screen is less than 1600x900 you will likely have an issue. My advise would be to only use the patcher for updating, and then use this tip for running the client to bypass both the Patcher, and Arc.
    Bold section is the helpful part.

Also, I'll merge this thread and the other just like it together.​​
  • boop#4911
    boop#4911 Posts: 1 Arc User
    Ya I cannot hit the play button. Guess no pwi for me until its fixed :/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqkUkMghtZs&feature=youtu.be
  • jarahe
    jarahe Posts: 34 Arc User
    Okay I figured out in order to reduce the size of the patcher update window. I went to my PC setting>display>Change the text, apps and other items:recommended 100%. I can see the entire log in. After I get in, I will change my setting back to my original.
  • phantomforce#4598
    phantomforce#4598 Posts: 397 Community Moderator
    jarahe wrote: »
    Okay I figured out in order to reduce the size of the patcher update window. I went to my PC setting>display>Change the text, apps and other items:recommended 100%. I can see the entire log in. After I get in, I will change my setting back to my original.

What did you have it set to, and why? If I may ask. I am making assumptions that it was not at the default 100% that is recommended.​​
  • usoooop
    usoooop Posts: 1 Arc User
    so.... bye bye pwi ... u lost ur player again