Bidding Hall Items

Options
Could either a GM/dev post saying whether sage Beast King's Inspiration is possible in the bidding hall or someone post a list of all possible bidding hall items?

If anyone other than a GM/dev says that it's not there, I will not believe them.
My mains:

TorquoiseBlu 103 | 103 | 103 Twilight Sky VIII psychic
MidnighteBlu 103 | 103 | 103 Twilight Sky VIII duskblade

Comments

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    Sadly, only someone with access to the list at the bottom of the server config file will be able to say for sure. It has the full list of item ID's that are used in the hall. If we could get that list, it would tell us for sure.
    Even if there was proof of it existing previously, that list could change each time they restart the servers without requiring any updates on the client end.

Maybe @kalystconquerer#0876 knows someone who can peek at the file and let us know.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I'm not a Dev, do I count, Keepo?

As far as current items in the Bidding Hall and Beast King Inspiration in particular...
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/32251(Demon)
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/32250 (Sage)

Generally, database doesn't list "impossible" items. I haven't seen this item pop up before, though I'll admit I don't watch Bidding Hall announcements every single day. I can check our documents of all the Bidding Hall items, but that would take me a bit to do (and more than likely, I wouldn't be able to post it up until after launch). If it's time sensitive, a player might be able to get to you faster.

Hope this helps!

EDIT : Actually, I could also ask CN for the list post launch too, didn't think about that one. I'm not sure what we're allowed to mess with files-wise so that could be a safer bet to ask directly.
  • torquoisegamer
    torquoisegamer Posts: 96 Arc User
    Options
    @kalystconquerer#0876 you're a GM, so your answer counts, yes. Thanks for the reply!

Also, thanks for pinging kalystc, @sylenthunder
    My mains:

• sylenthunder
    Options
    If you can log into the root of the server, just view the config file and there will be a string of item numbers at the bottom. That's what the bidding list uses.

​​
  • torquoisegamer
    Options
    Any idea when sage Beast King's Inspiration will next be in bidding hall? I've spent about 100 mil on tokens now and haven't gotten it.
    My mains:

• sylenthunder
    Options
    Sadly, that's entirely random. No way to tell. It could get through the whole rest of the year without showing up thanks to the fail randomizer in Angelica​​

​​
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I can say that yes, this does appear from time to time (or did, and im assuming the bidding hall hasnt been updated) i personally bought this skill from the bidding hall from a friend about two years ago on then sanctuary server.

Edit: well i guess i could read other posts first but nah.
  • torquoisegamer
    Options
    Follow up question: why are the people who sell gold in WC refusing to sell me gold in the AH on the grounds that sage BKI "is never in bidding hall?" Two separate people so far have said this.
    My mains:

• spatz1993
    spatz1993 Posts: 42 Arc User
    Options
    Beast King's Inspiration is not in the bidding hall rotation, its coded into it based on the database, but so are actually quite a lot of things just as "Garnet Red Pigment Card" for example.
  • torquoisegamer
    Options
    spatz1993 wrote: »
    Beast King's Inspiration is not in the bidding hall rotation, its coded into it based on the database, but so are actually quite a lot of things just as "Garnet Red Pigment Card" for example.

What proof do you have?
    My mains:

• ibajames101
    ibajames101 Posts: 56 Arc User
    Options
    Follow up question: why are the people who sell gold in WC refusing to sell me gold in the AH on the grounds that sage BKI "is never in bidding hall?" Two separate people so far have said this.

This guy is something else. He wanted me to use my gold to buy something that isnt currently implement in bidding hall. Told him many times that it isnt in bidding hall. He then says
    What proof do you have?

So i said been playing on a daily even bought few items from bidding hall time to time and never seen it but that wasnt proof enough. I said check pwdatabase he said database is 98% wrong lel and he needed 100% . he then logs in here to bother you guys. Told him only real chance he had getting that book was buying it from someone, FSP or making it with token. After all that the threaten to block me cause i didnt have enough proof.

Word of advice guys just let this one go, this one is as stubborn as a mule.
  • cyberomega2012
    cyberomega2012 Posts: 16 Arc User
    Options

This guy is something else. He wanted me to use my gold to buy something that isnt currently implement in bidding hall. Told him many times that it isnt in bidding hall. He then says
    What proof do you have?

So i said been playing on a daily even bought few items from bidding hall time to time and never seen it but that wasnt proof enough. I said check pwdatabase he said database is 98% wrong lel and he needed 100% . he then logs in here to bother you guys. Told him only real chance he had getting that book was buying it from someone, FSP or making it with token. After all that the threaten to block me cause i didnt have enough proof.

Word of advice guys just let this one go, this one is as stubborn as a mule.

Funny, other than you, I didn't notice that he was bothering the others. Also calling someone stubborn as a mule is kinda insulting and could be against TOS. Its best not to bring what is said in the game between 2 people into the forums.
  • torquoisegamer
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Ugh. My original post disappeared. :( Gonna have to rewrite it.
    This guy is something else. He wanted me to use my gold to buy something that isnt currently implement in bidding hall. Told him many times that it isnt in bidding hall.

No, I wanted to buy gold directly from you, partially because the bidding hall is unpredictable. You apparently weren't listening, though, or you would have known that.
    So i said been playing on a daily even bought few items from bidding hall time to time and never seen it but that wasnt proof enough.

That's because this *isn't* proof. Personal observation is not proof. I wanted word from a GM or dev, or an entire list of all possible Bidding Hall items, and you couldn't provide me either.
    I said check pwdatabase he said database is 98% wrong lel and he needed 100% .

This is a direct and deliberate misquote. I said THE OPPOSITE, THAT IT WAS 98% ACCURATE. And inaccuracies are usually from MISSING items. Turns out that this item EXISTS ON THE DATABASE THOUGH, although I probably wouldn't have been able to find it due to the odd name.
    he then logs in here to bother you guys.
    No, I posted here to get an answer from a GM or dev, or a list of all possible items. You'd know that if you read the initial forum post. Which you apparantely didn't read anything until the post you quoted, or you'd know that

1. the GM already responded in the affirmative, and
    2. someone already bought the item in the bidding hall once.
    Told him only real chance he had getting that book was buying it from someone, FSP or making it with token.

1. I've already tried with tokens, buying 100 mil coin worth of them, without luck.
    2. @kalystconquerer#0876 said that it's possible to be in the Bidding Hall.
    3. @eirghan actually bought the item in the Bidding Hall.
    After all that the threaten to block me cause i didnt have enough proof

Correction, I was about to block you BECAUSE YOU WERE BEING ANNOYING by using the same circular reasoning over and over again. By the way, I did end up blocking you because I got tired of seeing you practically spam world chat saying that you were selling gold at 3.5 mil, yet wouldn't sell to someone who wanted to buy direct at much higher.

Could someone lock this thread? I was debating this person for probably over half an hour in private message in game, and I'm afraid that after seeing their defamation of me, they're going to turn this thread into a flame war/deflamation rant. I got the answer to my questions, both that it is 100% possible to get sage Beast King's Inspiration in Bidding Hall, and that the people who I tried to buy gold from simply didn't, or couldn't, listen to me.
    My mains:

• phantomforce#4598
    phantomforce#4598 Posts: 397 Community Moderator
    Options
    Closed at OP request.​​
This discussion has been closed.