2017 March Community Login (Final Update - 4/03 - 268,186 hours)

Options
124»

Comments

• healer#2697
    healer#2697 Posts: 2 Arc User
    Options
    well. if you really wanna ask. then 5k event gold. 800 for perma flyer. 4.2k - for fashion needs. That would really help. honesty.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,807 Community Moderator
    Options
    Final updates have been posted!

We got really close this time - so I'm guessing a few extra days would've put us over. Might try and start a bit earlier next time to see how that goes (I realized I haven't even gone over and checked what I wanted to do for this month yet code wise.).

I was kinda set on the average values that we would not hit the final. Its all good tho gives us something to get next time we can win all the time.​​
  • valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    Options
    For a trial contest, I would say this worked out extremely well. I don't think there was any problem with how you were doing the data pulls as it was a steady climb throughout the contest.

Could be a bi yearly contest and then you could use those values to see how the games popularity falls during the year to co -ordinate that with other events.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • sin20
    sin20 Posts: 237 Arc User
    Options
    Well this types of login events and good prizes that follow get more ppl to log in game do stuff and help the game going so more often we get them the better.
  • scollins3178
    scollins3178 Posts: 24 Arc User
    Options
    ur numbers screwed ppl's time over that didnt log out cant believe we didnt make the numbers except ur system like everry other time failed to calculate it right. Once again prove we cant trust what is done or said by this company
  • heerohex#3018
    Options
    ur numbers screwed ppl's time over that didnt log out cant believe we didnt make the numbers except ur system like everry other time failed to calculate it right. Once again prove we cant trust what is done or said by this company

We don't think it was being calculated by login time. As Shops and AFK where not being counted by an estimate. So you could stay logged in for 24 hours and do nothing and you would not have contributed.

Lastly Kalyst has been the best PM/GM we have had in a while trust has nothing to do with experience. At lest PWI is getting the attention it deserves from PWE!​​
  • wildz2
    wildz2 Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Options

Numbers were off, but these numbers were the same used to set the rewards and estimated "milestones".

Had it been the real numbers, goals would simply have been way higher too.

So, really, not a big deal imo...
    Free stuff.
  • shikechohatsu#0586
    shikechohatsu#0586 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Options
    > @healer#2697 said:
    > well. if you really wanna ask. then 5k event gold. 800 for perma flyer. 4.2k - for fashion needs. That would really help. honesty.

agree with this>

@heero200 said:

> Lastly Kalyst has been the best PM/GM we have had in a while trust has nothing to do with experience. At lest PWI is getting the attention it deserves from PWE!​​

this i dont agree with.
  • heerohex#3018
    Options
    @shikechohatsu#0586

I would be interested to know who you think was better. Apart from the Studio Manager of PWE who helped for a while. But was not the games Community Manager / project manager.

Overall for me Kalystconquerer is gettin most bits and all the stuff I would pick up on is being done.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    Options
    Heh, you got me - I wanted an excuse to give free stuff.

No in all seriousness, it's generally not a big issue for me running this kind of event and I feel it's a bit better for players (redeem items on your own terms) and less work than running Log-In events (especially when player start missing stuff and they logged in for that day, people missing log in items or not logging it at the right times etc.)

I'm never going to be an eatwithspoons, frankie, valiance or sparkie. I'm just a me - just a Kaly. I have my own brand of doing things, but I'm definitely open to feedback on how to be better for you guys. So if there's anything you'd like to see me doing more of (and if I have the bandwidth for it), please let me know!

Which reminds me, I have to put in feedback on this event anyways internally, so this is all good points.
  • ravenyoss123
    ravenyoss123 Posts: 29 Arc User
    Options
    i think your doing a great job, and its nice to be able to have someone u can actually talk to.
  • xlayon
    xlayon Posts: 80 Arc User
    Options
    I think you're doing a great job so far. There is one thing I'd like to see you do >:) ( I'm not a pk'er). Would be nice if you could pop in randomly outside of west & 1 shot a few of the people there. Maybe even let them think there going to win lol.
  • heerohex#3018
    Options
    @kalystconquerer#0876 I would be to do some events with PWE. Out of hours timezones so you could cover more would be an interesting idea. Or help in general. Got a few ideas as well that works.