[PWI] Player's Choice Boutique - Changes For Cash Shop

Options
kalystconquerer#0876
kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
Hello PWI players!

Per the feedback from the CN devs here are the changes that will be made and why :

Items not allowed to be sold : War Avatar Chest S, War Avatar Chest A, Supply Tokens, Dragon Orbs 7, 8 and 9 Star, Profundity Scroll I
Gears were unreleased, do not sell : Lunar Genie Gears, Supreme Robe : Dominance
Test item, no sale : Gilded Swan (male)

The next higher requested items will be pulled up to fill the gaps and will be submitted!

Comments

• creysero
    creysero Posts: 101 Arc User
    Options
    Sorry to say but its an useless event then

<3
  • chaos5gamer5
    chaos5gamer5 Posts: 3 Arc User
    Options
    Hello PWI players!

Per the feedback from the CN devs here are the changes that will be made and why :

Items not allowed to be sold : War Avatar Chest S, War Avatar Chest A, Supply Tokens, Dragon Orbs 7, 8 and 9 Star, Profundity Scroll I
    Gears were unreleased, do not sell : Lunar Genie Gears, Supreme Robe : Dominance
    Test item, no sale : Gilded Swan (male)

The next higher requested items will be pulled up to fill the gaps and will be submitted!

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!! Pheew. Thank god that those genie gears got rejected. What no one has, no one misses.
  • rieihdius
    rieihdius Posts: 468 Arc User
    Options
    :D GG

• eternalghost
    eternalghost Posts: 154 Arc User
    Options
    Coulda seen it coming, but its nice to know :) I voted for r8s3 mats so it doesnt really affect me :D
    Kymsplat - Sin -

103 - 103 - 102
    Etherblade
    My Gear: http://mypers.pw/10/#543295
    My Youtube Channel: youtu.be/zyiaSCxQ_KY
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    Options
    It is a bit unfortunate that we couldn't get really highly voted items, but I was mildly worried that they wouldn't take. However, since we had the thresholds hit for all the free items, there's at least that! Definitely some cool things that happened and definitely some areas of this kind of event I'd like to improve on too, so really, thanks again for everyone who participated!

Speaking of which, I will be cross posting this in the arc code thread but here is what was unlocked for everyone! You have until the end of the month to redeem this code! One redeem per account.

MVSGDmlT
  • carlosraul93
    carlosraul93 Posts: 17 Arc User
    Options
    should at least give 1 of the highest voted item to each player D: its the fair thing since we voted for it for nothing :confounded:
  • bangbang
    bangbang Posts: 127 Arc User
    Options
    Damn the false advertising is more frequent now. Every time we have an event or some sale the advertising makes it sound so good and then we get tricked into falling for it. I wonder how many CSers charged up a storm hoping to stock up on these items and same with people saving up gold from AH. This seriously has to be illegal in some way because it is similar to stock price rigging where you say your company is doing better than it is just to bring your shares up before dumping them.
  • forbiddenwords
    forbiddenwords Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Man you people are ridiculous...she said from the start the items MIGHT GET REJECTED. She even replied to people's comments and explained why certain items might get the "no". This is the same thing as you signing up a contract and later realising it's not what you thought it to be because you didn't read the terms and conditions. It wasn't even written in small letters or on the corner of the page. She mentioned this with every chance she got. If people started charging thousands of gold in advance when they were not even aware what the sale would be, that's their fault. Don't start throwing grave accusations like "this is illegal" so easily, this event was good intended and @carlosraul93 you didn't vote it for nothing, everyone got a free code with the following items:

War Avatar Pack S
    x2 50 Event Gold
    x2 War Avatar Chest : A
    Dreamchaser Pack Ticket
    x2 Major Homestead Supply Bag

Please note, certain items can still get rejected after the voting period has ended-if this happens, we will take the next highly requested item below it and we will announce any rejected items and the subsequent changes for the schedule.

Even if CN allowed S chests in boutique it would be for a ridiculous amount of gold and people would still find reason to QQ
    ​​
    BfYIUJc.png
    ☆ Pixel ♥ Heart ☆ Etherblade ☆
  • prancing
    prancing Posts: 143 Arc User
    Options
    Yes please don't sound childish.

PWI gets flamed b/c its a "pay to win" game. That is true. But when we get a chance to put some stuff into the cash shop, ppl only pick the strongest items, which would potentially increase the gear gap! Be happy for what we get. If there is nothing u want to spend your money on, oh well! They were up front and direct the whole time!
    m5arXCN.png
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    edited February 2017
    Options
    If you check on even the list that was compiled, I noted things to the side :
    creysero
    • S Chest - will need to verify
    • A Chest - will need to verify
    eternalghost
    • Supply Tokens - need to verify ; has a high potential to be rejected

And if you dig through the people who commented, I tried to leave notes and thoughts as to why certain things couldn't make it on or that I felt that something could be rejected, but I would attempt to put it on the schedule. Perhaps I should have just posted in one huge post rather than commenting on each person's suggestions, so in hindsight that would have been better. The first iteration of the shop did have all the Top 25, but CN does have final say. I did manage to put some price tweaks on some items to get it closer to what people wanted on some items, but there were others that they definitely wanted to keep at a certain price. (re : price of Dragon Orb Packs)

I think I've mentioned this before, but the data from this is really helpful going forward and it helps in building requests for things and planning out prizes for events etc. If and when I do another one of these, I'll definitely want to flesh out a more robust list of items of "can't do these period" OR just make a list to choose from a predetermined list. But doing the later I feel like chokes out the ability to test these requests in a way that's framed as a discussion rather than just "here's a list of items to sell this week, here you go", hoping that they'll take. I do feel a bit conflicted at this point, but I'd like to know what would be better for you guys - a set list of items you can chose from that will 100% have no bounce back, or having the ability to request different types of items and seeing "what will stick" with a more defined list of absolutes as a guide.

EDIT : Oh, I realized something when I checked over the schedule again. VIP will have some changes that seem to run counter to what the stated reasons were form some items, specifically regarding 7, 8 and 9 star orbs. The orbs that will be added to VIP soon are limited to 1 a month and can only be used on bound gear. CN has not told us outside of "we don't want these in the regular shop" as to why regular 7 8 and 9 stars can't be sold in the regular boutique. My assumption is that they wanted a limited quantity of these items going out, as these have been tracked before when any unusual activity pops up (for example promos). So when players see them in VIP, it's not correlated to the Boutique voting, it's just bringing the VIP section up to parity to CN's.
    Post edited by kalystconquerer#0876 on
  • forbiddenwords
    Options
    aradya6793 wrote: »

what u talking about there was a list of items that could've been rejected such as zenith skulls etch

items up for vote were the ones not in that list

Yes but they also stated in their event "rules" that once the polls are complete, and the top 25 items are chosen, there is still a chance that some of those items might get rejected. It shouldn't have been a surprise that this happened, I mean they were really straight forward about it...
    ​​
    BfYIUJc.png
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Second Update : They didn't let me know this yesterday, but they will not allow Intrepid Devotion in the shop. :( Surprisingly, Spotted Felis still cleared (I had honestly thought they would be opposed to putting direct pet eggs in)

Also, we seem to have run into some issues the Wraithtouched Fashion set. In light of this, this set will be put on sale the following week (3/1) to avoid a delay in the schedule.

*sadface* We'll be sending off a new schedule today to pull the next items up!

As a reminder! Fantasy DOES NOT have an enhancement option. This will have to be a request put in to CN, to do for our version and will not come until a later sync. Though once that change has been applied, it should affect all Fantasy flyers purchased. Please be aware that when purchasing this item, the speed will be locked to 2.00/4.00.

Once the schedule stops shifting around so much, I'll go ahead and post the finalized items that have made it in so you can prepare ahead of time!
  • parrot2010
    parrot2010 Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Options
    2.00/4.00? It's totally useless then compared to others top flyers :/
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    Options
    @parrot2010 Yeah it's weird how that one got skipped for upgrades in the forges since other flyers have received ways to equalize their speed with the faster flyers out there. We'll shoot out the request and hopefully there will be no issues with making the exchanges for them in the future but for now, this flyer will only be this speed :(

In this case, I completely understand if players would not want to acquire these flyers due to the slow speed, but this is a pitfall of some of the other older flyers that haven't received their upgrades.
  • tricksie
    tricksie Posts: 189 Arc User
    Options
    Alot of pissing and moaning== but ty for trying
    z56fd27dc94746.gif
    egg-44.gif <~ these need to come back into the CS.

• shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    Options

Even if CN allowed S chests in boutique it would be for a ridiculous amount of gold and people would still find reason to QQ
    I expected S/A chests for ridiculously high price, so it would be comparable with the price if you decided to get S-set from B-S packs, to be honest monkey-47.gif
    It's kinda pointless to try to pick items without being able to pick price as well.
    It's a good event for calling items which weren't on sale for ages or were forgotten. But some ppl took it too serious while it was obvious that nothing game breaking for no cost will be allowed.
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • forbiddenwords
    Options
    shade13 wrote: »
    I expected S/A chests for ridiculously high price, so it would be comparable with the price if you decided to get S-set from B-S packs, to be honest monkey-47.gif
    It's kinda pointless to try to pick items without being able to pick price as well.
    It's a good event for calling items which weren't on sale for ages or were forgotten. But some ppl took it too serious while it was obvious that nothing game breaking for no cost will be allowed.

If they put boundary pills in boutique for 400 gold, imagine what S chests could go for. S chests are a lot more powerful than those pills imo and i'm pretty sure most of the people who voted the chests were not aware that they would be priced super high if CN were to allow them. Heck, I doubt most of them would even afford them or agree to spend that much money on them (myself included)...monkey-43.gif But I'm glad they turned them down, I don't like the idea of rich people being able to gear up their toons with end-game gear over night while most of us have to farm for years monkey-30.gif
    ​​
    BfYIUJc.png
  • fillecool226
    fillecool226 Posts: 27 Arc User
    Options
    Are the items will be in event gold boutique or normal shop? o.o
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Options
    Are the items will be in event gold boutique or normal shop? o.o

@kalystconquerer#0876 Actually..thats a pretty good question xD
  • blackknight0212
    blackknight0212 Posts: 20 Arc User
    Options
    aradya6793 wrote: »
    since the majority of players voted items that couldn't be sold, can we at least have a second chance to vote?
    at least i can vote **** egghead smileys​​

I'm with this one...I couldn't have Diamond of Tiger in cash shop so I might as well QQ and vote for a different item that got rejected...which shouldn't of made it to the list in the first place.
    538v7l.jpg
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    Options
    Egghead smilies do not exists in the game proper anymore, I think I mentioned that on a few people's posts. When I went to check the item itself, the little popup window showed me Mouse smilies or something weird and unrelated. However, its one of those things I can see if CN will give back to us at a later date.

@jsxshadow Items will be in the regular Boutique, not in Event Shop. But now that you mention it, I'm still taking a look at what can be put into the Event Shop in the future, as it definitely needs some love.
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Options
    Egghead smilies do not exists in the game proper anymore, I think I mentioned that on a few people's posts. When I went to check the item itself, the little popup window showed me Mouse smilies or something weird and unrelated. However, its one of those things I can see if CN will give back to us at a later date.

@jsxshadow Items will be in the regular Boutique, not in Event Shop. But now that you mention it, I'm still taking a look at what can be put into the Event Shop in the future, as it definitely needs some love.

Sounds good Kaly. I bet people would love to see some temp Weapon Fashion there. Also, since they've been vastly available anyways...I could see G11 gems in there too. Garnet, Citrine, Sapphire and Amber Gems would be amazing (bound, non-upgradable ones ofc) for a reasonable price (they are pretty worthless anyways as you might know).

I don't know how far we would be allowed to go for the event boutique...but I find it reasonable that we could even add rare, normally expensive stuff like bound GST, MoGs, Crown of Madness, Matchless Wings, Scroll of Tome...but for a hefty amount of Event Gold ofc. If a CoM is priced for 5k Event gold (the other items accordingly) then it would give a goal to alot of people. Some events still give out quite a bit of event gold and ofc via login/spend-rewards and other promotions. This would add an extra reward for the diligent, long-time players. If someone rolls all event for 2 years incl. codes and saves up all his event gold..then why not give him a CoM for that? Personally, I think that would be decent.

All suggestions tho and I can kinda imagine how CN rolls with stuff like that..never hurts to ask tho :D
  • lookinassniggs
    lookinassniggs Posts: 2 Arc User
    Options
    Can I ask when these items will be going in the botique? I really would LOVE a list of the items going in and when they start to go in and when they leave the botique <3
  • sin20
    sin20 Posts: 237 Arc User
    Options
    We want EGG SMILEYS or we riot!!!!!!!!!!!

#WHOSTHELIMITE????
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    Options
    @jsxshadow CN has created items that are specifically meant for the Event Boutique, so we could potentially suggest items, but it'd be up to them to put them in for us. Certain power items probably wouldn't hold up under scrutiny - we might have better luck on quality of life items or consumables perhaps. One thing I've been asked about and that I'd like to bring back in for example, is the lower end Dragon Orbs - we had an Event Boutique version in for a while and for some reason, they're no longer in there.

@lookinassniggs The sale starts 2/22/2017 and ends 3/1/2017. This will mean that certain items that normally do not have a long duration will end up being on sale longer. A formal list will be compiled and announced for players well before the sale start date. Players should have been able to see the results after they've voted so there should be a good idea of what made it in after CN said what was greenlit, but I'll still have the finalized one go up!
This discussion has been closed.