PWI Mobile Version - Will you play it?

So I was reading some news on PWI and back in September Perfect World announced they were developing a mobile version of PWI, they demonstrated it on tablets.

It looked like it would operate on the same world as the PC players. And so it interested me a little.

Will you play it via a mobile device?
Do you think it will give us a boost in new active players?

I wonder whether they'll have to make changes to how characters are played. The screenshots didn't show many skill options on the action bar, and so I wonder how viable it would be to play via a mobile device.

It'd be interesting to play in my opinion. It would be a good platform to log on when you're out and about to talk to people in your faction.

Comments

• eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    If it works on the same world as pc i would consider it. I would download it for those moments when you need to grab a daily that youre close to and forgot when youre half asleep, or accept a signet for rw. I doubt i would use it for actual play though. I usually don't like the limited feel of mobile programs.
  • sheffix
    sheffix Posts: 8 Arc User
    That's what I was thinking. I wouldn't mind chatting, doing a few dailies and doing a bit of trading. But when it comes to running instances I'd leave it to the PC.
  • ailiadrake
    ailiadrake Posts: 282 Arc User
    I'd have to actually try it before considering doing anything. It all depends on how they program the mobile version
  • parrot2010
    parrot2010 Posts: 64 Arc User
    It won't the same world as PC players have
  • mooglemonger
    mooglemonger Posts: 111 Arc User
    If its the same world I would like it to chat and have a catshop running all day. I could not see being able to even run dailies using my phone. I use a Galaxy s6 so my phone isn't old like a dinosaur but with this screen size I can't see major gameplay being enjoyable.
  • sheffix
    sheffix Posts: 8 Arc User
    @Parrot2010 It stated it is the same world.

@mooglemonger Definitely think a cell phone is going to be a problem. They only seemed to demonstrate it via a tablet device such as an iPad which obviously has a much bigger screen.
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    I don't think they would bother trying to port a 10 year old, 20GB game like PWI to mobile. It would make more sense to do smaller apps that are limited in scope. Something like an AH manager, Mailbox client, Catshop, FL messenger, or faction chat.​​
  • npc15
    npc15 Posts: 230 Arc User
    I'd be down for faction chat. Would be a nice distraction during lecture tiger-37.gif​​
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    asterelle wrote: »
    I don't think they would bother trying to port a 10 year old, 20GB game like PWI to mobile. It would make more sense to do smaller apps that are limited in scope. Something like an AH manager, Mailbox client, Catshop, FL messenger, or faction chat.

Except they are making a game out of it, mobile **** none the less, but it is PWI on mobile :/
    imo small apps like you mentioned are pointless, and good luck getting that to function properly in PWI, they couldn't even get rankings to work properly.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    I would like a plant/harvest app lol
  • kathiawellina
    kathiawellina Posts: 98 Arc User
    I think it would be nice. I missed PWI a lot during the times I had no access to PC's and used an iPad mini. But I doubt, it would run fine, since the "Dawn of Immortals"-App does crash on it. And that's another PW game I installed, because missing the PWi game.
    Venomancer "Nehilenia" from Twilight Temple Server (Ex-Sanctuary) 12~14th Nov' 2008 - December 2012
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    shopcheese wrote: »
    I would like a plant/harvest app lol
    Exatly. + some minor features for which you don't need whole PC, but would be easy to do while you are far from PC. Like grabbing BH, checking AH, managing HS etc.​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,880 Community Moderator
    I won't play a new mmo for tablet. Something to manage shops and what not tho sounds good. Surprised no one has made a sneaky app or something yet.

Well time will tell.
  • veranus
    veranus Posts: 5 Arc User
    Look at the difference between Forsaken World and its mobile counterpart. It is a night ans day difference, not even close to the original! Its also a pathetic "money grab" rewarding players who spend HUNDREDS of thousands of dollars, which is just wrong. The community is the worst too. They are exclusive to their own people, only allowing their own to join the best guilds. For something I had been looking forward to, it was a terrible disappointment, one which I got a refund for every dollar I spent. Being there actually drove me back here, where even our worst trolls are endearing as opposed to revolting.