Unofficial "The Players TW Season" 3 2016 End.

1235»

Comments

• chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    honestly, one of the best things you can do in terms of event gold is lower the gold hp charm price down to like...idk 12g? Certain classes are pretty much impossible to play with silver charms at end-game (all HA classes; LA classes are also hitting 40k buffed too for that matter) 'cause that thing is just gone in like 5mins or less and this would incentivize more of those classes to actually use their event gold up and lessens the financial strain on them for tw. Hell, put plat charms in too at this point.​​
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    TW rewards should be something special, something that other players can not get normally or only with alot of effort.

I can highly suggest giving out decent quantities of Ancient Emblems. The server lacks this specific item in an extreme fashion. Getting the hand on 3 of those without spamming the whole server wc for hours on end is damn near impossible. Giving out 10-30 of these to any member of the winning faction should be decent. No, thats not too much. at least half of those will be eaten up instantly for engravement tries.

Invitation Scrolls are also a good idea, or a special blessing that is only slightly stronger than the normal ones (like 20 attack/ 20 defense level instead of good ole o'mally) which lasts for the duration of the season. A specific winners buff would also be nice. Again, nothing too broken or unfair. Just a little boost. Something that makes the effort worthwhile and could actually inspire people to strife for decent competition.

I couldnt care less about pots, chi stones, hypers, consumables, event gold and stuff like that. You can just go and buy most of that for little to very little money already..nothing worth of spending alot of time and effort just to win the season for. Same goes for mounts. I trashed all but the most beautiful mounts that I habe gotten so far in my nearly 8 years of PWI. We dont need more mounts and if we would get a mount then at least make it special. Looks matter not. Not at all. A reasonable winnersmount would have to be faster (like 12m/s at max level). That would be reasonable.
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    dingo488 wrote: »
    I think what we really need in TW is an incentive. An incentive is basically doing something and as a result you have something you didnt have before, so u can look back at what u did, and what u gained, and tadaa incentive, its basically a net gain.

In order to look at this counting as an incentive, a net gain, we also need to look at the other side of the coin, the loss/cost. Now I think this is where this becomes more complicated, and why I think that, although all very useful, all these suggested options arent viable options for them to be considered an incentive.

TL;DR: TW is expensive, not very fun in its current state and doesnt give me any items I care about. I really want TW to not be expensive, be fun again or give me items that I care about.

Sorry long post, sorry typos, sorry bad englando, please no copy pastarino

I both agree and disagree with this. The reason why is that Territory Wars has always been it's own incentive.

Basically what you are saying is event gold has been given which balances out the cost of charms for TW participants, which I would agree with, and that beyond that there is no net gain for TW beyond a bit of fun. I agree TW has been less fun lately. This is due to a variety of things. Of course I have to mention as always the three year old exploits that are still being used in TW to cause problems (luckily I haven't seen this lately but I hear in cross server it still happens). But yes also psychic buffs are a pain, and the amount of CC is a pain as well (I would say not even just storm bringers are the problem here, but they are one of them) But there are a few other important gains from TW. One is TW pay which is very common for TW factions, and one is winner rewards.

So to me at least from my perspective as long as we receive a TW season, small amount of TW pay from our factions and event gold we have at least broken even or gained a few mill here or there along with fun, if it is something you still enjoy. Not much but something.

If TW is not fun in and of itself it kind of is like saying "I have to go to work now to earn my zennith skulls"... Idk I feel like if you are playing a game it should be for the fun of it as well and anything earned above that is a bonus. So in saying that I feel that the reward should be in line with that feeling of a "bonus" and not too overboard.

THAT SAID... the majority of our "incentive" right now above and beyond having fun is going back to recuperate the cost of what we use in TW. So there really is little rewards for those who do not win the season.

My own suggestion for a small prize that everyone who participates could enjoy:
    I would like to see is a charm reward- bound guardian charms based on average class HP and focus would be interesting and secondly have a small amount of event gold rewarded BUT have the event shop refreshed, so the event gold we get would ACTUALLY be a neat prize to have instead of always used on charms to offset our costs.

Things I would like to see in the event shop:
    -Bound +7 to +10 orbs (maybe in the future after exploited event gold has dried up more)
    -Bound mirages or mysterious chips
    -Bound Fashion pigments (not just random but other colours)
    -Unique bound fashion sets
    -Timed weapon fashion (and have the permanent remain in the cash shop as it has been)
    -Unique smilies
    -Unique timed titles with stats would be interesting (We have these in the cash shop but not very many seem to use them)
    -Different mounts or flyers (or even add the SEALED flyers that drop from UCH since at least on my server no one farms them so they are SUPER RARE)
    -Bound star chart materials
    -Daily pills to give you the NPC that gives you all your dailies
    -Engraving dyes for gear

The possibilities really are endless and we have so many neat things that have been put in the cash shop but are basically inaccessible due to the space limitation and time cycle of cash shop. The costs of all things can be adjusted so that event gold must be saved appropriately so as not to lower the value of these actual items in the economy, but I think that this could have real potential.

As it stands right now I would say basically the only thing people buy in event shop is: Smilies, Tienkangs and Tishas for refining, Charms, Fashion and pigments if there is something nice in the shop... and maybe a flyer here or there? Most of whats in there is very stale and not really desired any longer...so tbh thats probably it. I cant think of one thing else I've used event gold for....

Anyway all just my personal opinion and the only way I can think of a reward useful and desired by players of all levels/gear/servers.
    ​​
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    I think we're blowing up Heero's thread a bit - ideas are great and all, but we should migrate this to a new topic for discussion. They need to make sure they can contact the appropriate leaders for comments. I'll go make a new one and quote copy all the related posts.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,798 Community Moderator
    I think we're blowing up Heero's thread a bit - ideas are great and all, but we should migrate this to a new topic for discussion. They need to make sure they can contact the appropriate leaders for comments. I'll go make a new one and quote copy all the related posts.

Your ok I have all the info I need I think.

Nothing new to add now until the Interviews have been completed.

Thanks.​​
  • ballenato
    ballenato Posts: 240 Arc User
    Indignant - http://indignant.shivtr.com/

Rank 2 on Etherblade B)
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,798 Community Moderator
    ballenato wrote: »

Rank 2 on Etherblade B)

Thanks​​
  • valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    ballenato wrote: »

Rank 2 on Etherblade B)

We ET kinda messed up there xD No one cared about Indig so they quietly went about taking loads of lands xDDD
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • daymond
    daymond Posts: 273 Arc User
    REMINDER

The TW season ends tomorrow! All faction leaders should submit their rosters as soon as possible - I will be taking screenshots of the map by EOD today or when the last war finishes whichever comes first, and will be writing up the winners to be announced.

Also as a general reminder - while competitive banter is ok, please be sure to keep in mind the community guidelines and forums rules. Thank you!

Where do I submit my roster?
    The ticket handlers didn't seem to think ticket was the appropriate place to submit​​
    alFcxeg.png
    www.Kniraven.com | Youtube.com/Kniraven | Twitch.TV/Kniraven | Facebook.com/Kniraven