New expansion glitches/bugs, etc - Here we go

Options
nbreaking
nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
edited October 2016 in General Discussion
Post here the glitches, bugs and other broken things in the new expansion.

I'll start by adding the first thing I found:
The primal chainquest for Twilight Sky I at one points asks you to grab a journal and then enter the rift. Someone was attacking the rift and it teleported me before I could read the journal, the quest is now broken since the rift won't allow me through it again.

The quest name:
Main Quest (Pink) - A cryptic journal

Edit: I'll try to make a list and eventually when I can I'll confirm what ppl are saying and put a "confirmed" sign next to the things.

So, here's the list:
- The quest "A cryptic Journal" is broken IF you go into the rift without completing it. confirmed To fix this issue if you get it, enter story mode at other random NPCs in primal a few times until it gets completed
- The new passive skill "Ward of Bane" incorrectly states that you can only learn it at Twilight Sky I, III, X and IX forgetting about XII - confirmed
- Warsong City takes less time to defend during the pav stage
- The new Homestead terrain packs only display for the owner and not the visitors. - Need more info, but it seems people have to have their terrain effects at max to see the changes.
- UPD doesn't drop a zenith skull or zenith skull fragments (might be intended, but from what we heard the fragments had a 100% chance of dropping but they don't, need a PWE employee to confirm if this is a bug or intended, however, it's confirmed that neither has 100% chance to drop)

If anyone can confirm or dismiss these i'd be grateful.
I'll eventually organize this list better. Keep the bug reports coming.

Mr. Justice
Post edited by nbreaking on

Comments

• dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    Options
    Probably just a typo, but the skillbook for the new passive Ward of Bane says its only available at Twilight Sky I, III, V, IX. 99% sure its also going to be available at Twilight Sky VII despite it not being mentioned on the book.
  • implode
    implode Posts: 83 Arc User
    Options
    Defending in Warsong seemed quite a bit more difficult than before. Hard to say exactly what changed, but I got the feeling the mobs were coming more frequently than before, like they compacted 15 mins defending down into 10 mins or something similar to that.
  • eland20
    eland20 Posts: 42 Arc User
    Options
    so i guess no convoi quest anymore, since it started by finishing stronghold assault but people cant do it after mirage I anymore
  • rebecca1973
    rebecca1973 Posts: 48 Arc User
    Options
    It seems the new texture packs for the homestead doesn't display for anyone but the one who owns the homestead. (I logged a couple of alts just to see.. and nope.. wasted 12 gold)
  • tiamat291944
    tiamat291944 Posts: 9 Arc User
    Options
    Few squads that did done deicide UP mode says they got no Zenith Skull, even no pieces of this mat.
    Is that as it haves to be or bug?
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,806 Community Moderator
    Options
    Hey this is my job...

But thanks. Saves me havin to find time. For some reason I end up with a stupid week when they do updates... Wish they would tell us in advance and I could book holiday...

Ill be interested as this is a rather small update in terms of content.​​
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    Options
    nbreaking wrote: »
    The quest "A cryptic Journal" is broken IF you go into the rift without completing it.
    Can you elaborate a bit on what happens if you do this?
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    Options
    surtr wrote: »
    The quest "A cryptic Journal" is broken IF you go into the rift without completing it.

You basically have to swim past a portal to dig a journal. That portal is usually inactive, but upon digging the journal it makes u attack the portal, cuz doing so will activate it. Now if someone is doing the same quest as you and is a little ahead of you, they'll be attacking the portal while you are swimming past it to dig the journal, but instead you get sucked in to the portal cuz that other person caused it to activate. (is my guess)
  • ayejay101
    ayejay101 Posts: 238 Arc User
    Options
    It seems the new texture packs for the homestead doesn't display for anyone but the one who owns the homestead. (I logged a couple of alts just to see.. and nope.. wasted 12 gold)

For the terrain, make sure their graphics are turned up accordingly (i.e. terrain; plants). For Skin, make sure you apply, and not just preview.

GreenLegend Cleric 105-105-105
    Historic Leader

23nupk.jpg
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • nbreaking
    Options
    dingo488 wrote: »
    surtr wrote: »

You basically have to swim past a portal to dig a journal. That portal is usually inactive, but upon digging the journal it makes u attack the portal, cuz doing so will activate it. Now if someone is doing the same quest as you and is a little ahead of you, they'll be attacking the portal while you are swimming past it to dig the journal, but instead you get sucked in to the portal cuz that other person caused it to activate. (is my guess)

Pretty much this, you get sucked into the portal and get the next quest but you can never complete the journal quest since after that the portal won't suck you in again (i tried attacking, debuffing, etc the portal, and nothing), so, you can progress with the main questline from primal BUT you will forever have that one quest, unable to complete, and if you trash it it's still there under main.

Not only is it a bit annoying to have it there and not being able to complete it, but I probably lost on some vitae aswell.
    It's not game breaking since it doesn't completely halt your primal questline, but it's annoying ^^

Mr. Justice
  • kkemz
    kkemz Posts: 73 Arc User
    Options
    in the homestead I used a minion for animals and a minion for growing. when it was ready to harvest it said I obtained a minion pack c one for each but it wasn't in my inventory nor could I find it anywhere.
  • ark95
    ark95 Posts: 9 Arc User
    Options
    I don't see an option to apply the Homestead skins anywhere, unless im missing something?
  • ericamariex222
    ericamariex222 Posts: 114 Arc User
    Options
    @ark95 if you have bought a skin from boutique then it should be in your homestead terrain options.
  • ayejay101
    ayejay101 Posts: 238 Arc User
    Options
    ark95 wrote: »
    I don't see an option to apply the Homestead skins anywhere, unless im missing something?
    @ark95
    Homestead skins can be applied from your homestead map. Default buttom M.
    GreenLegend Cleric 105-105-105
    Historic Leader

23nupk.jpg
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • ark95
    ark95 Posts: 9 Arc User
    Options
    yep I did not see that at all, tyvm, and I second the text issue when you harvest something, it says you get a pouch for the minions, but no pouch is found
  • rosdom
    rosdom Posts: 23 Arc User
    Options
    ark95 wrote: »
    yep I did not see that at all, tyvm, and I second the text issue when you harvest something, it says you get a pouch for the minions, but no pouch is found

I had that problem too , try to check Storage: The Minion packs should be there. ( Storage button wasn't there before the update)
  • thegerbsters
    thegerbsters Posts: 12 Arc User
    Options
    The Assassin ultimate skill states that it does 50% more damage, I tested it in all ways, but the damage seems to be the same. Can someone else please check on it.
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Options
    @thegerbsters that would be awesome if the increase would be nonexistent. Sins are too strong anyways. I'd highly appreciate it if thats the casd.
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    Options
    They get a buff with the same icon as the Duskblade PvE buff. My guess is that the 50% damage increase is for PvE only.
  • srovarie
    srovarie Posts: 44 Arc User
    Options
    Pets have different element types in the new pet system and we already know that: Earth > Water > Fire > Metal > Wood > Earth
    But this doesn't seem to work all the time. Like in my last battle, enemy pet (wood) got tha advance against my pet (water).
  • nbreaking
    edited October 2016
    Options
    srovarie wrote: »
    Pets have different element types in the new pet system and we already know that: Earth > Water > Fire > Metal > Wood > Earth
    But this doesn't seem to work all the time. Like in my last battle, enemy pet (wood) got tha advance against my pet (water).

That's not how it works, here's how it works (taken from a video about HS):
    Click here.

Mr. Justice
  • nbreaking
    Options
    The Assassin ultimate skill states that it does 50% more damage, I tested it in all ways, but the damage seems to be the same. Can someone else please check on it.

From what I know it only gives the 50% dmg increase when you're out of stealth, so, for example, while using an elimination or cursed jail. First hit will take you out of stealth and the following 3/4 hits will have the boost, then you get stealthed again and lose it until you get out of stealth again, but i'll confirm it later.

Mr. Justice
  • thegerbsters
    thegerbsters Posts: 12 Arc User
    Options

From what I know it only gives the 50% dmg increase when you're out of stealth, so, for example, while using an elimination or cursed jail. First hit will take you out of stealth and the following 3/4 hits will have the boost, then you get stealthed again and lose it until you get out of stealth again, but i'll confirm it later.

I did Try spamming many skills, i.e Life Hunter/Knifethrow/Cursed Jail/Elimination/Earthen. I don't find any difference
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    Options
    it's only me that after gathering from garden's paradise i dont get the pouch for minions?

prntscr.com/czkpyd
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    Options
    @beast21g - they go into the new tab "storage", you can find the tab in your garden and paradise
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    Options
    shopcheese wrote: »
    @beast21g - they go into the new tab "storage", you can find the tab in your garden and paradise

ty
  • greenfire312
    greenfire312 Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I've noticed that the "display" option for minions doesn't seem to do anything. I don't see the requested minion anywhere in the arena or elsewhere in the homestead. I see the ones I've deployed, but not the display one.

To the person who asked about elements on minions - it doesn't work like mobs. Every differing element has an advantage or disadvantage, but all it does is expand the traditional mechanics (vs. mobs) by one step. So if your enemy minion is Earth, you'd obviously be better with a Wood minion and worse with a Water minion. However you'd also be at an advantage with a Metal minion, and you'd be at a disadvantage with a Fire minion. To give another, more simplified example:

Mob mechanics:
    Metal - strong vs. Wood; weak vs. Fire

Minion mechanics:
    Metal - strong vs. Wood, Earth; weak vs. Fire, Water

So if your enemy has a lot of Water and Fire minions up, for instance, you'd do well to put up Earth minions as your guards as they'd have advantage over both.
    Mains: Miugre / LigerKing
    Etherblade server
  • illuminay
    illuminay Posts: 6 Arc User
    Options
    Sin ultimate damage boost only applies in pve, same way as the duskblade buff.
  • alphalordking
    alphalordking Posts: 29 Arc User
    Options
    Is there any info about Mystic's Healing Herb and Vital Herb on their Sage/Demon versions ?

I went to PWDatabase but it doesn't have any details about it. Also asked on the server but got no response and no one seems to be talking about it. Then I went to the Encyclopedia and found about one specific Mystic Book that grants only those 2 versions of plants. But I have no idea how to get it or where to find it.

If anyone has some info or clue about this, I would really appreciated -Thanks in advanced- <3
    Total_Calm - 105 / 101 / 101 - [ ψ The Blue-Eyed Demon ψ ]