How many want xNW back

artixstar90
artixstar90 Posts: 22 Arc User
edited September 2016 in General Discussion
Simple and to the point. the one arguement thread going on is getting old, so i think it's about time this gets settled. How many of you want xNW back. Yes all the way. No not at all. or 1 night for each regular Nw and xNW

How many want xNW back 217 votes

Yes all the way
42%
sasquatch87jamzee007aphroditagekkelotjesaphira4545daniel291184shezzie1keihan007#7641monoftalmtricksieballenatoshade13charyv1leadladyblonde69boot777sigmalewciaasheffixspackigerhaufen 92 votes
No, not at all
15%
dudaisalenieceglassguitarbukatotzomnitrixprinceconner#5457capnkblankfanclubangellicdeitydarkshadowterrabytesamasalaobl97zeroskyacblackjnvshbacyraxdog10240monarchwigginsandrescornejo1 33 votes
1 night for each NW & xNW
42%
cyberomega45clokey#3498aprilwolfkrian090590hypereccentrikshuyin98kefallaiwaisanchiokilljasrhosylenthunderheerohex#3018eirghancatgirldesurieihdiustestxvichazksin20andyauditoresneakingzoe 92 votes

Comments

• arspaulina#4310
    arspaulina#4310 Posts: 347 Community Moderator
    I'd like for the option to have both if possible. Since some people liked battling other across the servers, more of that interaction can't hurt. Though locking into one or the other when proven the system has the ability to do either just doesn't seem all that great. More options are always good, so long as we don't plant them at awkward/clashing times :)
    ⋆Have a question? Feel free to shoot me an ask!⋆
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    Keep Friday as the regular NW at 8:20pm pst and have xnw on Sunday at 11:20am pst. This way gives choice and the time for x NW on Sunday is the most accessible.
  • samasalao
    samasalao Posts: 159 Arc User
    No, not at all
    No I don't want it back, European server is overpopulated while TW is underpopulated, this ends up in TW going 4th all the time no matter what you do, which is not exactly fun.
  • laiwaisan
    laiwaisan Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    ok you can have both but now i take away tokens lol jk but i feel if we did get it that way they nerf it some how
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    I want xNW back, but if we could have both xNW and normal NW to make most people happy then I'd go for that.​​
  • sin20
    sin20 Posts: 237 Arc User
    1 xNW and 1 regular NW weekly would be good and agreeable for everyone , although having only xNW would be the best proly.
  • terrabyte
    terrabyte Posts: 71 Arc User
    No, not at all
    xNW is severely unbalanced.
    Unless they can balance out the numbers by mixing up the players over the 4 nation.
    xNW the way it was is not competitive.
    Just give DA some free tokens...
    Although its funny how it was changed back after ET won once...
  • hypereccentrik
    It was Twilight Temple who won the last one. It was, to me, unclear why exactly xnw was discontinued. I know there was a thread about the commander role but other than that...
  • perrion
    perrion Posts: 165 Arc User
    No, not at all
    The poll is flawed. Many people from either camp would be happy with a 1 day of each setup. The poll ignores what these people would chose if the split system was not available.

A more accurate poll would have 4 options:

Yes
    Both, leaning yes
    Both, leaning no
    No
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Yes all the way
    perrion wrote: »
    The poll is flawed. Many people from either camp would be happy with a 1 day of each setup.
    Unlikely that it's technically possible. And if it's not possible, I'd prefer permanent x-server.
    Sincerely yours, always-losing-side monkey-47.gif
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • ironpwner
    ironpwner Posts: 94 Arc User
    shade13 wrote: »
    perrion wrote: »
    The poll is flawed. Many people from either camp would be happy with a 1 day of each setup.
    Unlikely that it's technically possible. And if it's not possible, I'd prefer permanent x-server.
    Sincerely yours, always-losing-side monkey-47.gif
    ​​

This, please :). Permanent PvP X-Server.

War. War never changes. Memento mori
  • jamesmcd
    jamesmcd Posts: 89 Arc User
    terrabyte wrote: »
    Unless they can balance out the numbers by mixing up the players over the 4 nation.

DA threw the last one cause the leader knew that xNW was being removed.

Also I'm pretty sure a lot of people only do NW or xNW cause they need supply tokens. Remove the tokens and the numbers will go down.
  • dog10240
    dog10240 Posts: 108 Arc User
    No, not at all
    NOOOOOOO! I don't want to get 60 tokens a NW again, because my server never wins due to lack of PVP players. I enjoy my 150+ tokens in normal NW, also I like 8PM NW times, 2pm is VERY inconvenient towards people who have something to do during day time.
  • parrot2010
    parrot2010 Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Yes all the way
    Permanent x-nw ofc. Its more funny
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    Nice. Should have a few other options on this poll to allow answers that are also contended.

Thanks.​​
  • hypereccentrik
    I don't understand why people are voting for x NW all the way. Would we go back to having a Friday x NW at 11:20 am pst time slot, a time slot during the week that most likely alienates the majority of three servers? Most people are in school or at work at that time. A game that relies heavily on cash shopping doesn't seem wise to alienate those out making money to charge.
    Or if x NW was on Saturday and Sunday, then what would happen to xTw?
    I just think those who vote for x NW all the way might not be thinking clearly...
  • milkins
    milkins Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    terrabyte wrote: »

^^ this haha.

But the amount of people who constantly cried in world chat on Et over being beat (mostly Karma players) by Da every week was amusing. I think they must have sent a lot of tickets complaining about being over powered by numbers that PWI waiting for ET to win once then removed it. Its sort of bad because its left ET as the final winners of xNW when they cant win xTW most weeks without spawnkills.
    IeIantos - GoldDigrz
  • prancing
    prancing Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    IF one server had double the population, its only fair, if skill and gear are equal, their nation will get double the tokens.

I think that is what most people fail to realize. Even if they have double the points, while still having double the population, token payout will be most fair.

What i'm saying is, it WAS balanced for having uneven populations as far as i could tell.​​
    m5arXCN.png
  • writerred
    writerred Posts: 68 Arc User
    even though the option for yes all the way has the most votes out of the three categories there are actually more people who dont want that, if you had the amount of votes in options 2 and 3 together
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Grouping options 2 and 3 together is not exactly right. For example, I support xNW all the way, but I voted the third option because that would make most people happy. Option 3 isn't necessarily against xNW, and so it shouldn't be grouped with option 2. It's not the same. Reading comments in addition to the poll results is advice-able.
    ​​
  • perrion
    perrion Posts: 165 Arc User
    No, not at all
    prancing wrote: »
    IF one server had double the population, its only fair, if skill and gear are equal, their nation will get double the tokens.

I think that is what most people fail to realize. Even if they have double the points, while still having double the population, token payout will be most fair.

What i'm saying is, it WAS balanced for having uneven populations as far as i could tell.​​

Except for the fact that population wasn't double, more like +50% and the rewards also weren't double, but considerably more. So, your example is wrong on all counts.

To me, the clearest proof of how imbalanced and unfair XNW was is to look at the price of tokens. On TT, prior to XNW, token value was close to returning to the all time low of 10k after the server merge hiked up prices for a bit. Once XMW hit, so few tokens were being earned that prices skyrocketed 2000% to over 200k per token. Now, back to regular NW, token prices have dropped by 90% and are currently sitting at around 20k each.

Market prices don't have feelings. They are hard facts. XNW made it 10-20 times harder to get the tokens needed for endgame gear on TT.

• keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    Yes all the way
    Eh, I dont think its possible to do NW one night and xNW the other. That being said I prefer xNW because me and my friends do NW maybe once a month because its just that boring. Its because there isnt even a handful of challenging squads out there doing NW. Splitting into groups of 1-3 players kinda defeats the point of squading up and I would much rather have battles where we all are needed.

BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    A more accurate poll would be forcing people to choose to either vote for or against.

I'd like to think most would be willing to meet in the middle with both sides and choose the one event per week to make everyone happy no matter their view.... Not that that's likely since there's always extremists on both sides ;).... But we don't even know if its possible for PW to do that.
    ​​
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    Yes all the way
    I don't understand why people are voting for x NW all the way. Would we go back to having a Friday x NW at 11:20 am pst time slot, a time slot during the week that most likely alienates the majority of three servers? Most people are in school or at work at that time.
    I don't understand why people don't understand that eu time slots can benefit people. Not you personally, it'simpossible to satisfy all. Some people will be disadvantaged anyway. And for some of them it's not the matter of will to come, but the ability to come. I don't understand why people keep advocating one time slot at the cost of another. This matter is useless even to mention. Some amount of people will have to deal with whatever decision is taken. C'est la vie.

Sg4FlzA.png
  • milkins
    milkins Posts: 44 Arc User
    Is it not feasible to switch Saturday evening TW times with Friday NW but have it as an xNW?

Something like Friday TWs, Saturday xNW, Sunday TWs.

Could NW not put be put in servers during the week? I don't see many care for Celestial Tigers event or Jungle Ruins. I know these are oooold original events but could trial something.

IeIantos - GoldDigrz
  • hypereccentrik
    edited September 2016
    Well if every server had their own NW on Friday at 8:20pm server time then most people would be able to go cause nothing that day changes.... I'm saying just have xNW on Sunday only. 11:20 am pst is most accessible to most players, cause there really isn't any other time that could work three different timezones. ( also 11:20am pst is when x NW originally started, so there would be no time changes at all just disable Sundays regular NW and enable Sundays x NW.)
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    My vote is plain.

But I agree to mixing the nations.
  • monoftalm
    monoftalm Posts: 118 Arc User
    Yes all the way
    tbh I had no idea how to add this vote!
    <3
  • spaz95
    spaz95 Posts: 110 Arc User
    Friday for xNW and Sunday for NW.

Give xNW to USA timezone since EU already have xTW.
  • souleaterilm
    souleaterilm Posts: 19 Arc User
    Yes all the way
    Yup all the way