The Unkillable class PWI loves so much.

Options
Sins ultimate needs some type of nerf. Legit sins are pretty much unkillable now if they dont want to die. Ulti and go sz. Lol even weak sins tease and say they cant be killed because they just ulti and run away. Nobody can stop them anymore either.

Comments

• dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    Options
    >Unkillable
    >Because MUH ULTI THEN RUN TO SAFE ZONE
    >literally every class can do this
    >Unkillable in safe zone

Your thread is bad.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• r999fund
    r999fund Posts: 9 Arc User
    Options
    dblazen1 wrote: »
    >Unkillable
    >Because MUH ULTI THEN RUN TO SAFE ZONE
    >literally every class can do this
    >Unkillable in safe zone

Your thread is bad.​​

Please tell me what other class can do this lol. After exhausting through IG,Genie,Tidal, and stealths they still have the trump card for getting away from anybody. Dbs are the only other class i can think of with the ability to get away from anybody easily. Sins have broken means of escape. Sins might have been Squishy when they first came into the game, but now with the new gear and passives sins are plenty tanky. To have this tankiness and still have tidal and an ulti like this honestly makes little sense at this point.
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    Options
    You can do nothing about anything except learning chinese and crying about it on pw original forum closer to devs.
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,811 Community Moderator
    Options
    ALL the classes have strayed from the original balance.

The defining feature being the World Bosses and FB caves. It is naturally that Players will increase in strength. I dont understand why the system would not coordinate mobs and bosses to cover this. Yer a complicated system to make and refine to the point its 100% effective. But still... NOTHING like this has been done? Has it?​​
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    Options
    heero200 wrote: »

The defining feature being the World Bosses and FB caves. It is naturally that Players will increase in strength. I dont understand why the system would not coordinate mobs and bosses to cover this. Yer a complicated system to make and refine to the point its 100% effective. But still... NOTHING like this has been done? Has it?​​

if they change fb caves then new players would need so much effort or a full squad to go there.
    yes str is increasing we cant do anything about that. Unless if they have something like Flowsilver Palace with 2 modes, one the regular as it is, and one calling it "Challenging Mode".
    But think how many times you visit any fb in the past year.

Sins arent unkilable that's the role of them, making people to chase them and still escape.
    Always you can use detection potions even in ulti.
  • laiwaisan
    laiwaisan Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    Options
    thats weird i thought duskblades were the new op?
  • rieihdius
    rieihdius Posts: 468 Arc User
    Options
    r999fund wrote: »
    Sins ultimate needs some type of nerf. Legit sins are pretty much unkillable now if they dont want to die. Ulti and go sz. Lol even weak sins tease and say they cant be killed because they just ulti and run away. Nobody can stop them anymore either.

While I do agree on the whole thing about sins being extremely OP. I think you can still kill them when they are on that Ulti state, at least in a mass pvp situation.
    I have seen many times sins about to get killed use ulti, but if there is some other enemy close to them, and someone AOE that other person you should get a grilled fish :D
    The ulti make them Unselectable but not immune to damage as far as I understand, unless im missing something.
    I guess on a 1 v 1 situation is more annoying.

Still if people complains about that skill, Imagine what will happen when a lot of players get the G17 weapons with that Unselectable proc..

laiwaisan wrote: »
    thats weird i thought duskblades were the new op?

In my opinion a really skilled an well geared duskblade can be more powerful than your average sin, but duskblades don't have sage tidal and their combos are a bit more complex.
    On the other hand a Sage sin with good gear only need a minimum of skill and a bit of common sence to Own pretty much anyone..

• dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    Options
    Most of the frustration people have isn't so much cuz ''Class X is OP'' but its because Perfect World has added more and more mechanics that move away from interactive gameplay, with each expansion there is less and less counterplay which was the only skill element in a game that already has an extreme low skillcap.

Sin uses stealth?
    Counterplay is to use a detection potion.
    Now sins have a skill that grants true stealth, and there's absolutely no counterplay.

Stuns and Freezes?
    Counterplay is to use anti-stuns and Faith/Badge of Courage/Fortify.
    Now there's Paralysis and there's absolutely no counterplay.

Vortexes that create a persistent effect that forcefully balls up any amount of players?
    Counterplay is to have ALL those players use whatever tools they have to get away from that vortex.
    Second vortex, no more counterplay available.

AD/IG/Sutra?
    Your opponent is now immune to any- and everything, have fun with your interactive gameplay... Only option to do the same thing yourself.
    Duskblades can now reset the cooldown on their genie skills, to bad you cant so you no longer have this option of counterplay available.

Target is buffed?
    Counterplay is to purge the target.
    Duskblades/Stormbringer buffs can not be purged, RIP counterplay. And lets add some passive buffs too that also cant be removed.

My opponent is melee?
    Counterplay is to create distance.
    Duskblades take pretty much no damage from distance.

The list goes on and on, if you were to look at Perfect World as a game of chess, people are no longer taking turns to move their pieces, its just 1 player being allowed 7-8 moves in a row before the other player can move his pieces. There's no longer any interaction in PvP and the last 100 updates have only made this worse. Im just waiting for the next classes to be released with skills that disconnect their opponent from the game, it sounds ridiculous, but it isnt too far off from what Duskblades currently do in 1v1s and Stormbringers do in large PvP.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,811 Community Moderator
    edited September 2016
    Options
    beast21g wrote: »
    heero200 wrote: »

The defining feature being the World Bosses and FB caves. It is naturally that Players will increase in strength. I dont understand why the system would not coordinate mobs and bosses to cover this. Yer a complicated system to make and refine to the point its 100% effective. But still... NOTHING like this has been done? Has it?

if they change fb caves then new players would need so much effort or a full squad to go there.
    yes str is increasing we cant do anything about that. Unless if they have something like Flowsilver Palace with 2 modes, one the regular as it is, and one calling it "Challenging Mode".
    But think how many times you visit any fb in the past year.

Sins arent unkilable that's the role of them, making people to chase them and still escape.
    Always you can use detection potions even in ulti.

NOPE!

Not if they made a system to deal with this that was Dynamic to the players in the cave. OR if they used my idea to revert everyone Lv to the Cave Lv. Allowing an ingame consumable item (Like Perfect Stone) NOT SHOP!!! to be used on gears so they are usable in these instances... Granted you would still be stronger than the average bear. Just would bring back some spice to the FB caves...

WB are a different kettle of fish as the saying goes I HAVE NO ideas on that so...

Failing that you could just grab NPC gears...

YES YES... That idea would need a lot of work testing and Beta checking and my not work... BUT something would! Just have to find it.

On a last point... Making a squad is the point... and I have been in ALL the caves in the last year a few times.​​
  • roziveru
    roziveru Posts: 37 Arc User
    Options
    why barbs arent unkillable tho :'(

• r999fund
    r999fund Posts: 9 Arc User
    Options
    rieihdius wrote: »
    r999fund wrote: »

While I do agree on the whole thing about sins being extremely OP. I think you can still kill them when they are on that Ulti state, at least in a mass pvp situation.
    I have seen many times sins about to get killed use ulti, but if there is some other enemy close to them, and someone AOE that other person you should get a grilled fish :D
    The ulti make them Unselectable but not immune to damage as far as I understand, unless im missing something.
    I guess on a 1 v 1 situation is more annoying.

the Unselectable thing is dealable with atleast u can see which way they are moving. The problem I have found is that when a sin uses the ulti they always use it to run away. I cant make a single move against that. I dont know which way they are going. By the time the ulti is over they are off of my mini map. Honestly the stealth mechanic has always been broken to me. They put a mana degen on the stealth to be the downside of it, but it hardly drains any mana at all. In stealth certain skills cd should stop until they are out of it. Tidal. Tidal CD should pause while in stealth. Most sins just stealth and wait for tidal to come back it's just aweful playing tbh.
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Options
    Do it like I do it. If someone trolls you then just disregard them. If a player retreats to saveszone then it is just that. a retreat. What does that mean in 99% of all games that exist on this planet? Yap, they lose. If someone I fight retreats to saveszone then I count that as a victory. End of the story.

Also you can record and upload all that to youtube, claiming there as well that you owned that guy with a massive pointadvantage on your side. Then watch how he will change :p

(maybe he wont but well, never hurts to try)

Also, yes. Sins are the most broken class in this game on average but that again is only due to tidal. the added survi you get from evading all the CC that would totally throw off any other class is just rediculous. The class itself would be ok, even with stealth overall if it wasnt for that skill. Ulti might keep them stealted..but only as long as they are not CCed. Taking away tidal would get them heavily mass-CCed in mass pvp...so that wouldnt be any problem.

That OPness picture of sins gets heavily blurred and has been ever since the class was released and kinda the same way thats happening with DBs atm. There are just too many noobs out there, rolling this class and still getting destroyed by decent players. Those classes really become visibly OP if they are played by a master. 99% of dusks/sins are ultrafail and its easy to say that they would fail even harder on any other class. So yeah.

Take it from me. Overall sins are the strongest class in this game whilst clerics/dbs and barbs are overall superior in 1on1s.
  • ironpwner
    ironpwner Posts: 94 Arc User
    Options
    Lol finally!! A thread that talks about Sins being the broken class and not only DBs xD. Honestly xD, gank a DB and pursue it and you'll kill it. Now try to do the same with a Sin. They have access to same pots as you, plus their own escape and survivability methods (Tidal FTW? xD). Also sick damage. The most PvP-Fun-killing class (except for the sin, of course)
    War. War never changes. Memento mori
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Options
    dingo488 wrote: »
    Most of the frustration people have isn't so much cuz ''Class X is OP'' but its because Perfect World has added more and more mechanics that move away from interactive gameplay, with each expansion there is less and less counterplay which was the only skill element in a game that already has an extreme low skillcap.

Sin uses stealth?
    Counterplay is to use a detection potion.
    Now sins have a skill that grants true stealth, and there's absolutely no counterplay.

Stuns and Freezes?
    Counterplay is to use anti-stuns and Faith/Badge of Courage/Fortify.
    Now there's Paralysis and there's absolutely no counterplay.

Vortexes that create a persistent effect that forcefully balls up any amount of players?
    Counterplay is to have ALL those players use whatever tools they have to get away from that vortex.
    Second vortex, no more counterplay available.

AD/IG/Sutra?
    Your opponent is now immune to any- and everything, have fun with your interactive gameplay... Only option to do the same thing yourself.
    Duskblades can now reset the cooldown on their genie skills, to bad you cant so you no longer have this option of counterplay available.

Target is buffed?
    Counterplay is to purge the target.
    Duskblades/Stormbringer buffs can not be purged, RIP counterplay. And lets add some passive buffs too that also cant be removed.

My opponent is melee?
    Counterplay is to create distance.
    Duskblades take pretty much no damage from distance.

The list goes on and on, if you were to look at Perfect World as a game of chess, people are no longer taking turns to move their pieces, its just 1 player being allowed 7-8 moves in a row before the other player can move his pieces. There's no longer any interaction in PvP and the last 100 updates have only made this worse. Im just waiting for the next classes to be released with skills that disconnect their opponent from the game, it sounds ridiculous, but it isnt too far off from what Duskblades currently do in 1v1s and Stormbringers do in large PvP.

This pretty much sums it all up. I totally agree with your post. Everything should have a counterplay, EVERYTHING, unless we are given the same utility ourselves. The PvP in PW is like a chess, what you said here is exactly what I thought but couldnt find the right sentence for it xD.

Some classes especially when in group or when in synergy with other classes even if they are just a bunch of lowgeared ppl can pretty much kill even a fully endgame geared single class, whatever class it is, BUT not sin.

I believe the devs are trying to add more mechanics as they release addition in gears to avoid powercreep but it's overdone. It doesn't matter much if gears are fully farmable or cheap but some endgame gears can only be obtained by selling a kidney, and even though they're op, they can lose the opness in a heartbeat. For example obtaining R9.3 purify weapon on a server where the mats aren't sold in boutique is extremely hard, the price could soar because of demands, even if money is no object, it's still gonna need some time to finally craft it, but then they add paralyze in the game, wtf.

This video here is very informative to what developers do to combat powercreep, instead of keep adding gears with higher numbers written on them, they use incomparables that is having non numeric elements to each other such as game mechanics in pw. We'll see it like comparing an apple and an orange, but seems like they failed to do it properly, some classes got bigger apples and some got bigger oranges, it's still obvious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bxszx60ZwGw