Did you attend NW? Pros and Cons vs xNW Please

Options

Comments

• lilkitsu#4417
    lilkitsu#4417 Posts: 87 Arc User
    Options
    joecisco wrote: »

Chinese MMO's like ******, ******, and to a certain extent PWI (in the early days) are the only real viable world pvp mmos, tbh. US players simply don't tolerate world PvP.

You might want to make the following edits. Naming other games is against Forum Rules.

on to the subject. I've said it before but just to make this post not completely about the Forum Rules. 1 day for XNW, 1 day for regular NW. best possible solution to please the XNW vrs NW debate. It's the only fair solution i can think of.

As for the arguments about open world pvp and make all servers pvp arguements i've seen. First of my input is no. I get that the PvPers were forced onto PvE servers, you dont have to be blue named if you dont want to. Stay white name long enough and another player will attack you. Those of us who chose a PvE server dont want to deal with the problems a PvP server causes for us. The most amount of PvP play i enjoy is just NW and TW and even then that's rarely. BUT This really is not the thread for tis arguement, so if you want to continue that arguement make another thread for it, as it is derailing this thread which is supposed to be about the XNW vrs NW arguement.
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Options
    Wtb pvp server and server transfer stone don't really wanna see pve players get butthurt but don't wanna play with ppl I consider boring GET GOOD PWI and make me a pvp server and server transfer stone qq I'll give you $100 easily to transfer xD
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • monoftalm
    monoftalm Posts: 118 Arc User
    Options
    If xNW is back all this will be less important - xNW gives u all you need to have a blast of fun!
    <3
  • monoftalm
    Options
    This thread needs more attention! With bad management of xTW and pretty much gamble weekend fun - XNW will bring life back.

Can any developer, gm, admin comment here?

This thread is specific about xNW, the sticky one is general, and really, xNW is 95% of the importance where the rest is 5% in my view.

xNW reaches everyone
    <3
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    Options
    xNW was terrible. Orinj already stated it's very low priority to fix right now. Quit wasting your breath.
  • monoftalm
    Options
    xNW was the best thing that ever happened to this game.

2h of 100% fun and pvp, which is was for all - removing xnw ment good players quitting and moving to other games / selling accounts.

Now you can only hope for a good xTW if all dices are aligned where as u can forget about the TW fun, many players vent to few strong guilds just to have a better chance of getting the xTW helmet.

Bringing it all together:

Lets make this thread alive again, id like GM to address this, note: I am very, very much aware of PWI and other, I am pushing this for the best of PWI and Players - my friends.

Thanks!
    <3
  • krian090590
    krian090590 Posts: 235 Arc User
    Options
    give it a rest. As already stated, this is a low priorty, claiming that this was the best thing is a matter of opinion, meaning it is neither right nor wrong. For as many players that liked XNW there seem to be just as many, who hated it, such as myself. I had agreed with the suggestion of one night xnw one night regular nw, but after seeing what Orinj said, there's no point trying to take any side in this. You've been at this for months and it was only in the recent interviews that Orinj said this was low priority, so obviously someone working in the management saw this and Orinj gave you the response in another thread. He's higher up than the GMs, so dont expect a GM to tell you something different.
    Etherblade Server
    due to mishaps in my past few years in game, I do NOT accept random invites (faction/squad/friend no randoms period) NOR will I give buffs (cleric/barb/sin/exp if i have it) to random people because they ask. If I DO give buffs to a random person, it's because of a random whim (much like the red detonator button sitting at my desk that i will one day push at a random whim)
    Also do NOT look at my gear and then proceed to pm me asking to buy my gear or for a loan of coin. It's just plain rude.
    I have too many toons to name, but if you play on Etherblade server and you come across a toon that acts this way, or if the world is suddenly destroyed, it was probably me.
  • monoftalm
    Options
    This thread is about focusing our community on important event that will drive the game onward,

Why would players invest in new gear, packs, items, charms - if there is not 1 single event that will guarantee 2h 100% of fun on weekend for everyone?

xNW and xTW made game live again, and while xTW is a proven fun event only if you can match the other guild - xNW is always 2h of max fun.

Thread is also about bringing out awareness and pointing out that NW is lowering the price of tokens as much as it is Killing the game.
    <3
  • arspaulina#4310
    arspaulina#4310 Posts: 347 Community Moderator
    Options
    xNW is, as was stated, knocked lower on the bar in light of the more recent issues that came up (The DC resets, the boundless, server issues etc). It's still definitely there as a consideration but I don't believe (?) anything has been settled yet on time/schedules and whatnot. I'll send a poke Orinj's way and see what I can feel around for :3
    ⋆Have a question? Feel free to shoot me an ask!⋆
  • notanyfox#3644
    notanyfox#3644 Posts: 190 Arc User
    Options
    monoftalm wrote: »
    This thread is about focusing our community on important event that will drive the game onward,

Why would players invest in new gear, packs, items, charms - if there is not 1 single event that will guarantee 2h 100% of fun on weekend for everyone?

xNW and xTW made game live again, and while xTW is a proven fun event only if you can match the other guild - xNW is always 2h of max fun.

Thread is also about bringing out awareness and pointing out that NW is lowering the price of tokens as much as it is Killing the game.

Well said Mono. :)
    Stupidity at its finest :
    "Deity sin vs Josd Dusk -> Dusk wins.
    Josd sin vs deity dusk -> Sin wins by far."
    Special Kid Joe 2016
  • writerred
    writerred Posts: 68 Arc User
    Options

majority of what is said here is an opinion. Sure it's an opinion shared by many, but just as many have the opposite opinion. I loathed xNW and didnt do as well as i normally do in regular NW. Made about half as many tokens. Really the only people who seem to prefer xNW are people who have completely maxed gear, because that's what is needed to do well in that event.
  • monoftalm
    Options
    There is not a single case where theres more than 5% in any xTW or TW guild that prefer NW over xNW - and these are the guilds that give PWI life. So we are talking 95% of players that hold PWI together that want it, we are not talking about complainers for the gear - there are all ppl going into XNW and you can find urself in lands where u can fight anyone.

in NW, i can form a squad and waith 10 lands to get anyone to fight
    <3
  • capnk
    Options
    Made up statistics are fun.
  • perrion
    perrion Posts: 165 Arc User
    Options
    There is not a single case where theres more than 5% in any xTW or TW guild that prefer NW over xNW - and these are the guilds that give PWI life. So we are talking 95% of players that hold PWI together that want it, we are not talking about complainers for the gear - there are all ppl going into XNW and you can find urself in lands where u can fight anyone.

in NW, i can form a squad and waith 10 lands to get anyone to fight

Weird, the data I have indicates that 122% of all players hated XNW.

XNW sucked big time. It's dead and gone. Get over it already.
  • parrot2010
    parrot2010 Posts: 64 Arc User
    Options
    Local NW is so boring as hell. Bring back xNW for more fun & competitions
  • monoftalm
    Options
    xNW made PWI survive, xTW is the only thing that holds server up - it is real, the OP players that have maxed gear and invest their time and money are the ones making this game exist.

Bringing back xNW would mean having ppl come bk from new MMOs into xNW.
    <3
  • cyberomega45
    cyberomega45 Posts: 175 Arc User
    Options
    Mono you are the only person on the Etherblade server who is complaining about no xserver NW. Why don't you focus on building up Drakon and actually fighting Karma if you want a challenge. idk maybe fight Defiance or GD. There are enough challenges on the Etherblade server.
  • krian090590
    krian090590 Posts: 235 Arc User
    Options
    Mono you are the only person on the Etherblade server who is complaining about no xserver NW. Why don't you focus on building up Drakon and actually fighting Karma if you want a challenge. idk maybe fight Defiance or GD. There are enough challenges on the Etherblade server.

dont even like cyber, but i agree with him on this
    Etherblade Server
    due to mishaps in my past few years in game, I do NOT accept random invites (faction/squad/friend no randoms period) NOR will I give buffs (cleric/barb/sin/exp if i have it) to random people because they ask. If I DO give buffs to a random person, it's because of a random whim (much like the red detonator button sitting at my desk that i will one day push at a random whim)
    Also do NOT look at my gear and then proceed to pm me asking to buy my gear or for a loan of coin. It's just plain rude.
    I have too many toons to name, but if you play on Etherblade server and you come across a toon that acts this way, or if the world is suddenly destroyed, it was probably me.
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    Options
    Probably too many people sad they never got first : (
    I, too, never got to be first place but x NW was still a lot of fun. I liked mingling with the other servers. I know we can do that in xTw but enough people, myself included, aren't in and don't want to to be in a tw faction and shouldn't have to be.

Regular NW friday and xnw Sunday @ 11am pst. Games should be about choice. If people wanna qq about never winning then they would have Friday still to play exclusively with their server. Those wanting to take it a step further and work with their whole server in same nation can do x NW on Sunday.

Games are more fun when there's more variety :)

I know this for whatever reason is low priority but seriously quit hurting the fun of what's left of this game and let us kill our friends from other servers!
  • monoftalm
    Options
    For sure xNW should be back because for one, do you really wanna keep killing your friends in each NW?

Idk what to say too my ingame enemies - .. erm.. stop the qq?
    <3
  • writerred
    writerred Posts: 68 Arc User
    Options
    For sure xNW should be back because for one, do you really wanna keep killing your friends in each NW?

LOL, the only one from Etherblade QQing is you.
  • monoftalm
    Options
    I strongly encourage everyone to fight for their cause, by opening this post I am doing so for vast majority of players that made this game as popular as it is.

xNW will make more full s4s than all the sales

Bringing it back will also create new r9s that want to catch up

:)
    <3
  • capnk
    Options
    Bringing back xNW would mean having ppl come bk from new MMOs into xNW.

lol other way around, people left the game for other MMOs because of xNW.

• monoftalm
    Options
    O_O i meet new awesome people from Arch because they all would gather up at xNW time and play together
    <3
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,807 Community Moderator
    edited September 2016
    Options
    writerred wrote: »

LOL, the only one from Etherblade QQing is you.

Not true.

Ill be frank. I now spend about an hour on PWI a week.

Ill be fair xNW and XTW where the only thing keeping me on PWI. I cant do XTW now because of my work patterns. But I could do XNW if it where running. In the past I Have found I cant do XNW but could do XTW.

Lets be fair as well for International Servers serving different time zones... this is going to be impossible to please everyone. Tho to add some suggestions about running such events at different times each day. Hardly likely as the events are hard coded in the system time settings.​​
  • dregen543210
    dregen543210 Posts: 110 Arc User
    Options
    Well if we're talking about how it was supposed to be, China servers I think have all X-NW. The infrastructure is there because China designed it that way. It just wasn't put in our version I guess. So that's one major difference between PWI and PWchina, besides our servers being non-pk.
  • anaki445566
    anaki445566 Posts: 5 Arc User
    Options
    > @capnk said:
    > xNW was terrible. Orinj already stated it's very low priority to fix right now. Quit wasting your breath.
  • anaki445566
    Options
    [Da] 70 players XNW, now nw 400, not the players leave pwi following the withdrawal of XNW
  • anaki445566
    Options
    700* sorry
  • perrion
    perrion Posts: 165 Arc User
    Options
    How surprising, another Da player complaining about losing the gravy train that was XNW.

"Boo hoo, now our NW is just as rewarding as it is for the other three servers...."
This discussion has been closed.