DC ? any one

Options
laiwaisan
laiwaisan Posts: 1,123 Arc User
I just Dc 8 times today any one else haveing these issues today?

Comments

• drum59
    drum59 Posts: 9 Arc User
    Options
    hell yeah been on hyper & lost all xp from it :'(:s:s
  • kickoflegend
    kickoflegend Posts: 17 Arc User
    Options
    yeah been getting DC on Etherblade server. Many people in squad dc'ing too and this is frustrating. Problem started on Saturday and it's weird I only see thread for that today. The game is truly dead as no one gives a **** about it...
  • laiwaisan
    laiwaisan Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    Options
    omg i never seen it this bad what is going on
  • rieihdius
    rieihdius Posts: 468 Arc User
    Options
    Not dcs for me on Etherblade today but I been seeing a lot of people from my FL get dc at same time + a lot of others raging on WC.
    During friday's Nation War however I got dced like 10 times or more, Also yesterday I got dcd about 14 times. I even got squad wipes during JSP and lost one incacerate on WS thanks to that. At some point after the last dcd yesterday I just got bored and stop playing. :p Only good thing is when I came back for NW there was no much lag anymore.

Still it would be nice that someone take a look at this since there may be some network issue on their end or at least close to them (cough, cough, hello there Internap :D )

• eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    Options
    was getting dced intermittently all weekend on twilight temple. I haven't checked today. I'll just cross my fingers.​​
  • ericamariex222
    ericamariex222 Posts: 114 Arc User
    Options
    TT was fine when i got up this morning but afternoon and now into the evening, Ping is up in 1 - 10k range, dcing every 20 - 30 minutes, cant get an instance done cuz ppl keep dc-ing with the pings that high. Has been an all weekend thing, i did check the forums a few times and saw a few posts so unless they just got pushed down or removed? anyway, its unplayable. And its sad to see if hasn't been addressed at all when i know a handful of ppl have publicly complained and several i know have sent in tickets.
  • lestaroth
    lestaroth Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Options
    It has become a real instability-fest.

Let's think of the best fitting quotes for that:

"Why you do that to us, PWE? I am a loyal fan! I spend so much and we get that, why?!" (the desperate)
    "Arc sucks!!" (even if having Arc bypassed doesn't change anything) (the frustrated)
    "Please feed your server hamsters PWE, they're tired" (the funster)
    "I swear I'll quit next!!" (the persistent rager)
    "DC's fun!" (the crazy one)
    "I like to see ppl rant about DCs. Popcorn anyone?" (the evil troll)
    "Next, a charm sale after maintenance, lolol" (the cynical)

etc.
  • artixstar90
    artixstar90 Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Options
    lestaroth wrote: »
    It has become a real instability-fest.

Let's think of the best fitting quotes for that:

"Why you do that to us, PWE? I am a loyal fan! I spend so much and we get that, why?!" (the desperate)
    "Arc sucks!!" (even if having Arc bypassed doesn't change anything) (the frustrated)
    "Please feed your server hamsters PWE, they're tired" (the funster)
    "I swear I'll quit next!!" (the persistent rager)
    "DC's fun!" (the crazy one)
    "Next, a charm sale after maintenance, lolol" (the cynical)

etc.

to add to that list.

"I want free +10 orbs"
    "An Emperor will do for compensation"
    Both (Entitled greedy trolls)
    "prepare for rollback" (some other troll)
  • zamm
    zamm Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Options
    This is getting silly i spend more dc than playing the game crazy fix this PWI
    Been like this since last sat
  • ensarek
    ensarek Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Options
    DCing on Saturday was terrible, but it still continues. Didn't bother to do NW on Sunday because of this. Now I have to check on my characters every 30 min in Reflection to make sure they didn't get disconnected, and that has already happened 4 times.

Make that 5 times now!
  • hakundo
    hakundo Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Day four of disconnects, still no word from CM?
  • mikamouse89
    mikamouse89 Posts: 4 Arc User
    Options
    drum59 wrote: »
    hell yeah been on hyper & lost all xp from it :'(:s:s

Like clock work.It's getting old really fast.

• heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,811 Community Moderator
    Options
    people using Arc where DC a lot more from what i got told.

I got DC once as my friend who was using arc got DC around 5 times.​​
  • greenfire312
    greenfire312 Posts: 269 Arc User
    Options
    So wanting to get the popcorn makes you evil, now? :P I'd say it all depends on the situation. If you're in instances, that's one thing... but when it happened at the end of NW on Friday, I found it refreshing. Some people need a reminder that it's just a game and it's not going to be perfect.

I can confirm that not having Arc has no effect on it, though. As far as I can tell, there are three main features:
    1. It seems to happen more in instances - I've had it happen in DFSP and also in Eden.
    2. It tends to come in waves of mass-DCs with periods of calm in between. You might almost think it was a DDOS attack, except...
    3. It targets only some characters, or possibly accounts, but not others. My alt account (or at least the mystic on that account) is constantly affected by it, as is my wife's cleric (and her veno, though less often)... but my main account appears to be completely immune. When both my clients are running, only the alt account will DC.

I was in a DFSP last night on my archer when we got hit by a mass-DC on the water boss - a third of the squad DC'd immediately, another half lagged out and died to the pools. Only myself and one of the clerics were immune. My mystic, who was on WQ at the time, was of course also affected. Given that one of my accounts is so consistently immune and the other is so consistently affected, I have to wonder if it has something to do with how the server stores characters/sessions.

Discliamer: This is an only slightly educated guess - and I have no claim to know how PWE sets up their servers - but I know that it's possible to have multiple servers report to the same main one which is responding to outside requests. So you could have, say, Etherblade being made up of multiple subservers - especially if, for example, Heaven's Tear and Archosaur had their own physical boxes (despite using the same name database) and when they merged, PWE still used both boxes to handle the load on Etherblade. And if each of those handle their own batch of character sessions, but only one is having issues... maybe what you get is selective mass DCs, which is what I've been seeing.

But again, this is all speculation on my part. :/ Where's SylenThunder, is he still kicking around here?
    Mains: Miugre / LigerKing
    Etherblade server
  • arspaulina#4310
    arspaulina#4310 Posts: 347 Community Moderator
    Options
    @greenfire312 Wait is your alt from a different server before the merge? Because if that's the case, then your hypothesis might have some good solid basis.

That level of commenting hasn't been around since like...what, 2012? 2010? idk I feel like that was Frankie era type of comments. "Charm sales" lolol. Posted in a different thread about it, but yes staff are aware of the issues but have heard no word on what's being fixed (least on my end).
    ⋆Have a question? Feel free to shoot me an ask!⋆
  • alathia#6359
    alathia#6359 Posts: 3 Arc User
    Options
    I've been having DC issues since last week! It has gotten especially worse during the weekend on Dawnglory server, when I teleported my StormBringer to Archosaur for part of the level 29 cultivation quest. Since then whenever I log, I have ping from 1500 to 30 K ping and dc multiple times. I'm on the verge of leaving as I cannot play. Has anyone else experienced this problem. I tried to move my Stormbringer again from Archosaur and dced after a few seconds.
  • alathia#6359
    alathia#6359 Posts: 3 Arc User
    Options
    And it has happened again!
  • greenfire312
    greenfire312 Posts: 269 Arc User
    Options
    @greenfire312 Wait is your alt from a different server before the merge? Because if that's the case, then your hypothesis might have some good solid basis.
    Actually the mystic I mentioned was not from a different server. I was originally from HT, and my only Archosaur characters are on my main account (I don't play them, so can't say if they're affected). The alt account was created initially for that mystic as I already had 8 characters on HT at the time Genesis launched.

But ultimately I don't think it matters. If HT had a server and Arch had a server, and both of those are now responsible for Etherblade, I would think it could bind a character (or an account) to one or the other regardless of those servers' former use. Additionally, there could be other servers in the group that were moved from elsewhere or added later, meaning they have no connection to either original server.

What's interesting to me, if it's true, is that the issues persist across logouts and long periods where the character(s)/account(s) in question are not logged in... which would imply that those bindings are maintained beyond just one play session, which is weird to me. Seems simpler to randomize which server a character/account is tracked on with each new login, in which case you could at least roll the dice until you end up on the stable one. But at this point I'm making more leaps of guesswork than anyone probably should be. :D
    That level of commenting hasn't been around since like...what, 2012? 2010? idk I feel like that was Frankie era type of comments. "Charm sales" lolol.
    Meh. I've played since 08 and I went on hiatus from the game in 2014 until last December. So call me a relic of the old forums if you like, I'll wear the label. :p
    Mains: Miugre / LigerKing
    Etherblade server
  • arspaulina#4310
    arspaulina#4310 Posts: 347 Community Moderator
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Oh whoooo for the old forum folks - I've been playing since 09 (but the profile obviously doesn't show it ha!) :P

The offices aren't open yet so I'll try and take a crack at trying to get an answer again today :3
    ⋆Have a question? Feel free to shoot me an ask!⋆
  • kickoflegend
    kickoflegend Posts: 17 Arc User
    Options
    Agree on ur point 3. But today both clients disconnected. So am gonna go play Neverwinter on my PS4 for now...
    So wanting to get the popcorn makes you evil, now? :P I'd say it all depends on the situation. If you're in instances, that's one thing... but when it happened at the end of NW on Friday, I found it refreshing. Some people need a reminder that it's just a game and it's not going to be perfect.

I can confirm that not having Arc has no effect on it, though. As far as I can tell, there are three main features:
    1. It seems to happen more in instances - I've had it happen in DFSP and also in Eden.
    2. It tends to come in waves of mass-DCs with periods of calm in between. You might almost think it was a DDOS attack, except...
    3. It targets only some characters, or possibly accounts, but not others. My alt account (or at least the mystic on that account) is constantly affected by it, as is my wife's cleric (and her veno, though less often)... but my main account appears to be completely immune. When both my clients are running, only the alt account will DC.

I was in a DFSP last night on my archer when we got hit by a mass-DC on the water boss - a third of the squad DC'd immediately, another half lagged out and died to the pools. Only myself and one of the clerics were immune. My mystic, who was on WQ at the time, was of course also affected. Given that one of my accounts is so consistently immune and the other is so consistently affected, I have to wonder if it has something to do with how the server stores characters/sessions.

Discliamer: This is an only slightly educated guess - and I have no claim to know how PWE sets up their servers - but I know that it's possible to have multiple servers report to the same main one which is responding to outside requests. So you could have, say, Etherblade being made up of multiple subservers - especially if, for example, Heaven's Tear and Archosaur had their own physical boxes (despite using the same name database) and when they merged, PWE still used both boxes to handle the load on Etherblade. And if each of those handle their own batch of character sessions, but only one is having issues... maybe what you get is selective mass DCs, which is what I've been seeing.

But again, this is all speculation on my part. :/ Where's SylenThunder, is he still kicking around here?

• rieihdius
    rieihdius Posts: 468 Arc User
    Options

I think I saw SylenThunder or someone else say in the past that this game was on blade server setup. That's pretty much the same thing you are saying.

What I do remember is that during sunday, one of the internap nodes close to PWE servers was overloaded. However yesterday this did not seem to be the case, and still I had some disconnections late afternoon.

Yesterday dcs were for me like some people here is describing:
    Character on main acc playing got dcd, alt character on ror remained on. Both accounts are originally from the old Archosaur server.
    During sunday both accounts got disconnected multiple times.

One thing I also think it could be affecting the number of disconnections and the number of acc that get dc from same person is the distance and quality of the Internet of the people who plays the game.

With this I am not saying that it is the players internet or that is not pwe problem (so people don't start hating on me :D )

What I am traying to say is if there is a problem on PWE network or on a node really close to them, what for a guy close the the server and/or with good net is just a lag spike or one or two dcs during the day, for all the other people who is far away and/or have a bad route to that same server it will be multiple dcs since it will be more packet loss on that person's connection.

• heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,811 Community Moderator
    edited August 2016
    Options
    It depends what node your connected to.

The system also communicates between servers and has the ability to send a DC signal if conditions are not met or their is to much bandwidth internally. Like a safety feature.

I think this is something of an answer your looking for. Would explain some of the odds and ends as well.​​
  • ballenato
    ballenato Posts: 240 Arc User
    Options
    PWI service is terrible since Friday.
    DCing nonstop, or mass DCs. Unable to log on servers.
  • phage69
    phage69 Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Options
    server dced 8 times in the 30 min before servers went down for maint :D
  • lestaroth
    lestaroth Posts: 77 Arc User
    Options
    ensarek wrote: »
    Now I have to check on my characters every 30 min in Reflection to make sure they didn't get disconnected, and that has already happened 4 times.

Make that 5 times now!

Indeed! I'm glad my characters are safe there, but camping for nothing is really annoying.

• demansfairy
    demansfairy Posts: 456 Arc User
    Options
    And less than 30mins after servers up and dc ING every 5 mins...
    full +12 SB, currently lv 105 105 105
This discussion has been closed.