Ways to keep pwi alive.

Options
Make the leveling process way easier that includes all the different things you have level. MMO's are dieing in general due to tedious leveling processes. The ones that are successful leveling and being competitive is easy to do. In pwi you have to be 105 all, good cards, star chart, genie, 12+ all josd etc. The daily grind has gotten rid of so many people. I suggest that you put level to 105 pots in the cash shop or some way to earn them in game and make everything else easier as well.

Comments

• nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    Options
    Pro tip: The only way to keep PWI alive, believe it or not, is to not let it die :open_mouth:

Jokes aside, no, lvling is easy, even to 105x3.
    Starchart prices, imo aren't that bad currently, they were when they came out, but not anymore.
    +12 and JOSD are not needed either for PvE or PvP.
    The cards are stupid hard to get, i agree, but it's the only thing imo (those prices are just stupid).

You need +12, max starchart, max cards, etc IF you want to be godlike. If you just want to play you don't need any of that.
    R9rr+10 sin here, candleflame set recently acquired, with Citrines sharded, accessories not sharded yet, and I get to kill at least 90% of my server easily.
    I am not a god and I die, and that's part of the game imo.

It's the nature of the beast, you get better with time and you progress slowly.

If you want to have "fair pvp" and everything maxed out, this is not the game for you. Better start looking for another one or join a private server.

To me, personally, that's the fun in the game, I've worked hard for what I have, it made me happy to get it, am I super OP and the one and only true god potato in the sky? No, but with skill I can kill a lot of people. Also, I am happy that i've invested time on my toon and some nab doesn't just come along, max out everything and be in equal standing to me. It would defeat the purpose of the game :|

Mr. Justice
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    Options
    so then we are 105/105/105 with a max star chart, rb2 CF and full +12 JOSD, and then? Time to roll the credit? We done? :P
  • deezeylegend1
    deezeylegend1 Posts: 29 Arc User
    Options
    nbreaking wrote: »
    Pro tip: The only way to keep PWI alive, believe it or not, is to not let it die :open_mouth:

Starchart prices, imo aren't that bad currently, they were when they came out, but not anymore.
    The cards are stupid hard to get, i agree, but it's the only thing imo (those prices are just stupid).

You need +12, max starchart, max cards, etc IF you want to be godlike. If you just want to play you don't need any of that.
    R9rr+10 sin here, candleflame set recently acquired, with Citrines sharded, accessories not sharded yet, and I get to kill at least 90% of my server easily.

If you want to have "fair pvp" and everything maxed out, this is not the game for you. Better start looking for another one or join a private server.

To me, personally, that's the fun in the game, I've worked hard for what I have, it made me happy to get it, am I super OP and the one and only true god potato in the sky? No, but with skill I can kill a lot of people. Also, I am happy that i've invested time on my toon and some nab doesn't just come along, max out everything and be in equal standing to me. It would defeat the purpose of the game :|

Sorry, top rated mmo's say otherwise. Leveling has to be made easy for a game to be successful these days. PWI will eventually have to shut down when it's player base gets to low. I'm 12+ Deity but I don't see any new players coming to the game or being able to compete. Look at steam reviews lol.
  • ninjakitchenrulr
    ninjakitchenrulr Posts: 70 Arc User
    Options
    Today being bored I decided to make a new toon on a new server. I got her to level 41 in a few hours. Obviously the leveling will get harder but compared to what it was like leveling is stupid easy.
    All I been doing was quests, about an hour of bottling before the end and now she sits in ror.
  • nbreaking
    Options

Sorry, top rated mmo's say otherwise. Leveling has to be made easy for a game to be successful these days. PWI will eventually have to shut down when it's player base gets to low. I'm 12+ Deity but I don't see any new players coming to the game or being able to compete. Look at steam reviews lol.

90% of the bad steam reviews are from people who clearly state in their comment that they played in 2008, 2009, 2010 tops.
    Game changed and things are easier now.
    Also, top rated mmo does not mean most successful. If a mmo is too easy, people might really enjoy it for a while and have fun and say the game is good, but it won't last long because when you have nothing else to do you don't want to play anymore.

There's a reason PW has been around for 10 years, ijs, if you don't call that a success then idk what success is :x

Mr. Justice
  • deezeylegend1
    Options

90% of the bad steam reviews are from people who clearly state in their comment that they played in 2008, 2009, 2010 tops.
    Also, top rated mmo does not mean most successful. If a mmo is too easy, people might really enjoy it for a while and have fun and say the game is good, but it won't last long because when you have nothing else to do you don't want to play anymore.

There's a reason PW has been around for 10 years, ijs, if you don't call that a success then idk what success is :x

Alot of games have been around for years and this game is on the verge of death I just logged on today and servers are pretty much empty. No one is really doing anything and is just logging on out of habit because they have some friends that still play. The Number 1 MMO of all time has been out longer has a item that can level to max level instantly. Players that want make alts shouldn't have to slave to get 105 3 times lol. Also to the guy who said level 43 lololol. Your nothing in game unless your 105 3 times(Which takes how long to do?), I honestly don't know why non CSers play PWI.
  • cyberomega45
    cyberomega45 Posts: 175 Arc User
    Options

Alot of games have been around for years and this game is on the verge of death I just logged on today and servers are pretty much empty. No one is really doing anything and is just logging on out of habit because they have some friends that still play. The Number 1 MMO of all time has been out longer has a item that can level to max level instantly. Players that want make alts shouldn't have to slave to get 105 3 times lol. Also to the guy who said level 43 lololol. Your nothing in game unless your 105 3 times(Which takes how long to do?), I honestly don't know why non CSers play PWI.

I am a non CSer, my barb is 105/105/104 atm, been playing almost 4 years. I play this game with my family and friends. Servers are empty? Archosaur server isn't. The main problem with this game is support is pretty much non responsive. Players break the TOS consistantly and nothing is done. Most of the time I turn off world chat because its stupid. If you wanna be maxed out everything go play on a private server. The big problem with having maxed out toons with one pill is you still don't know how to play it. I see way too many pill babies in this game that have no idea about their skills.
  • ninjakitchenrulr
    ninjakitchenrulr Posts: 70 Arc User
    Options
    My main is 105 x3... has been since the second day the servers merged xD
    But my point was a couple hours to hit 41. When I started playing in 2011 that took a few days, maybe a week? A long time ago hard to remember exactly
  • mistressmuerta
    mistressmuerta Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Options
    All games die. Pwi still has a few years in it maybe more. They are doing something right. Trying new event types ect I have never seen in any other mmo. They are finally trying current mmo boss mechanics ie qsm and EP. HFT is pretty fun too. They just need to update the pvp combat system.(bit dated) I do agree with permanent 95 or 100 crystals for alts in the boutique. If you want to max out in a month a get bored with a certain game with lynn have at it. Further proof pwi's revenue is steadily increasing. http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=PWRD.
  • nbreaking
    edited July 2016
    Options
    All games die. Pwi still has a few years in it maybe more. They are doing something right. Trying new event types ect I have never seen in any other mmo. They are finally trying current mmo boss mechanics ie qsm and EP. HFT is pretty fun too. They just need to update the pvp combat system.(bit dated) I do agree with permanent 95 or 100 crystals for alts in the boutique. If you want to max out in a month a get bored with a certain game with lynn have at it. Further proof pwi's revenue is steadily increasing. http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=PWRD.

I think the same, I feel they have been trying to keep up with modern MMO standard (everyone talks about the good ol' days, but let's be real, I've made a toon here back in 2008 and the game was ****, sorry to say). There are some things they could improve ofc, but I feel they have been doing ok, when/if they change the engine, then maybe this game will flourish again.

The problem with some people in this game is that they're like "r9rr is so expensive, and then +12 and then JOSD/Deity and cards" bla bla... but they forget that's end game. That's the point, the point is to be hard to reach, you don't need r9, josd, nuema portal, max starchart or any of that stuff to have fun, but it seems like everyone is always looking to be a "god" and looking at what others have instead of having fun and looking at their own toon.

EDIT: To me, one of the biggest mistakes they've made was to leave instances dead like FC and Nirvana. Inb4 "they're still there, you don't do them cause you don't want to", stop the BS, it's not worth the time to do them if you get "nothing" in return (nothing of true value that is). I also miss Hidden Dragon's Den which was removed.

The other big mistake was the autobot, however, I'm conflicted about it. I do appreciate it doing dailies for me in the sense that I leave it killing mobs while i watch some youtube video or something, but that's exactly the problem aswell.
    I am out of the game, the game rewards me more for not playing it than to play it and that's really bad. They also took out the value of drops, and sure, I understand why that happened, but still, the solution works in PWCN but doesn't work in PWI because even though there are so many ways to make money the game is kinda hostile to new players (yes, new players, not alts).

About this edit, in conclusion, I think they should get rid of the bot in PWI and revive instances (even if not as an exp instance, give some drops to the bosses to FC like C packs or wtv). Apart from these 2 moves, I pretty much support everything else they've done with the game.

Mr. Justice
  • venomseeker
    venomseeker Posts: 30 Arc User
    Options
    want to keep it alive? ADVERTISE!!!!!! put up ads on the side of fb in the ads section, thats how i found you years ago by freak accident thinking this was a fb app, keep new content rolling, stop making everything account bound and unaccount stashable, we only have so much room in our inventories and banks and cupboards, even with the max of both, stop mailing us stupid items like fireworks, nobody wants a firework or a cerebrus pet egg, also the price of your items on game is a little outlandish, example, the identity stone, it cost 39 gold, why in the world should somebody pay 39 dollars to change their name, its not that serious, the3 reason the servers die is because there are cheaper games out there to play, hell even a monthly membership to play a game is cheaper than cash shopping here. GM's also need to get more involved and be seen more often, do crazy events, not the same lame stuff all the time, nobody likes redundancy. i love this game, i take periodic breaks though, sometimes for a year sometimes longer, i have to agree with the above, alot of us log because we have friends here and out of habit.
  • joecisco
    joecisco Posts: 102 Arc User
    Options

That's mostly because today's "gamer" has the intellectual patience of a gnat. Look at top-tier games released in the past 6-7 years that aren't MMO's. You can not fail. It's not possible to lose. They take games that could be really awesome and challenging, and turn them into a mature equivalent of Bob the Builder.

Bethesda is a perfect example of this, and most "popular" MMO's have followed suit.

Morrowind was absolutely epic. It was complex, you could choose almost any path you wanted. There was a massive open world to explore. And it was challenging. If you failed to practice your skills, they would weaken and lose points. If you died, you lose experience and skill points. Enemies scaled to your level so that the entire game wasn't a cakewalk even when you increased your powers. Fully completing the game was a real challenge, and there were a few paths that could end in absolute failure. (Elder Scrolls III, released 2002)

Oblivion expanded the world even more. The graphics pushed the limits of high-end PC's when it was released. So much that even a year or two after, mid-tier PC's needed to run on the lower-end of the graphic settings. Quest chains were expanded, more in-depth, ect. But they made it easier to play. You don't lose skill knowledge if you don't practice. You can still be pretty much whatever you want to be, but the character abilities are class-linked a bit more than previously. It's possible to lose the game, and get to a point where you are unable to complete it, but it was damn hard to get to that point. (Elder Scrolls IV, released 2006)

Skyrim again expanded it even more. It follows closely on the same style as Oblivion without much difference. Except that the only possible way to not win the game, is to avoid completing it. It's designed so that you can not fail. Leveled enemies have been backed off, so by the time you're level 20 or so, everything is basically a cake walk. If it weren't for the modding community, the game would not be worth playing. (Elder Scrolls V, released 2011)

Really good games, don't cater to the intellectually challenged. Good games offer a challenge, and require skill.
    Unfortunately, more stupid people are buying games these days than those who actually want a challenge.​​
  • kyoske
    kyoske Posts: 163 Arc User
    Options

I think the same, I feel they have been trying to keep up with modern MMO standard (everyone talks about the good ol' days, but let's be real, I've made a toon here back in 2008 and the game was ****, sorry to say). There are some things they could improve ofc, but I feel they have been doing ok, when/if they change the engine, then maybe this game will flourish again.

The problem with some people in this game is that they're like "r9rr is so expensive, and then +12 and then JOSD/Deity and cards" bla bla... but they forget that's end game. That's the point, the point is to be hard to reach, you don't need r9, josd, nuema portal, max starchart or any of that stuff to have fun, but it seems like everyone is always looking to be a "god" and looking at what others have instead of having fun and looking at their own toon.

EDIT: To me, one of the biggest mistakes they've made was to leave instances dead like FC and Nirvana. Inb4 "they're still there, you don't do them cause you don't want to", stop the BS, it's not worth the time to do them if you get "nothing" in return (nothing of true value that is). I also miss Hidden Dragon's Den which was removed.

The other big mistake was the autobot, however, I'm conflicted about it. I do appreciate it doing dailies for me in the sense that I leave it killing mobs while i watch some youtube video or something, but that's exactly the problem aswell.
    I am out of the game, the game rewards me more for not playing it than to play it and that's really bad. They also took out the value of drops, and sure, I understand why that happened, but still, the solution works in PWCN but doesn't work in PWI because even though there are so many ways to make money the game is kinda hostile to new players (yes, new players, not alts).

About this edit, in conclusion, I think they should get rid of the bot in PWI and revive instances (even if not as an exp instance, give some drops to the bosses to FC like C packs or wtv). Apart from these 2 moves, I pretty much support everything else they've done with the game.

I fully agree with this and i tbh i think the reason why everyone get so crazy over r999 is because we see that PWI is heading in the direction of pvp. Most of the event if not all includes pvp or has some link to it. As you said i think they need to revive PVE.
  • xbodacious#3358
    xbodacious#3358 Posts: 9 Arc User
    Options
    better idea for FC is to actually make it like it is in CN. its SUPPOSED to be an instance like TT, bosses drop mats and you make gear. we even have the working forges inside the instance. just can't get any mats for it. and there is decent gear for FC, like the necklace and belts that add an additional 100 mdef/pdef and the auspicious order rings for -6% channel at 85 wich would be great for low level players so they don't need expensive lunar or PQ rings around the same level.
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    Options
    lol?

psure farm FC has been destroyed in all versions of the game in favor of the exp instance it is now.​​
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    Options
    Yeah, farm-version FC is gone in all versions. The forges are there so you can use the materials if you happen to have some left in your bank. It's useless gear at this point in the game anyway; you pass level 85 so fast that it wouldn't be worth the time to farm it.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,812 Community Moderator
    Options
    In a game that was never finished. This is half the problem. Nothing they do now will ever c pwi to what it once was.

They may help I do add...
  • gomiamiheat
    gomiamiheat Posts: 51 Arc User
    Options
    FC isn't the only practically useless cave we have sitting around gathering dust though. Don't forget nirvana with the completely nerfed drop prices. If some how they made both those caves worth doing outside of an occasional homestead quest that's an improvement. herro200 I somewhat disagree and here is why. Every major expansion I see hundreds of players that come back and check out the new goodies. Thing is that none of the expansions make this game the 24/7 game it once was I:E Yes of course I will refer to FC which was something you could always do to earn some coin or take part in it with an alt or do a full one with a squad. People will say well just bring FC with hypers back but it's been denied 100's of times, it wasn't supposed to have hypers in the first place blah blah blah excuses. It was same with nirvy at one point too as long as you had keys to get in you could run a couple and make a decent amount of coin.

So would possibly adding some up to date actually worth something drops to those caves be out of the question? Is there no way this can be edited on those bosses?

This is just one idea but basically to save pwi people need stuff to do...the events aren't extremely enticing and you don't get much for them especially if you aren't extremely well geared. Nw/tw weekends are always fun, but sometimes it's a bit overwhelming and it makes the only fun of the game be on the weekend so another suggestion would be to possibly move nw to a weekday spot later in the day to make sure the core amount of people can still attend.

I remember there also used to be this really fun event it was like pvp but you go to a room and pvp people and make it to the next level and so forth. Seems like that event disappeared and it would be nice to have another pvp event outside of just nw. Tigers is kinda pvp but only if people decide to and you don't get anything for it. Another thing that was cool about that event is it seperated by what you signed up for [like heavy weight etc].

Those are the suggestions I have off the top of my head sorry for rambling.
  • deezeylegend1
    Options
    joecisco wrote: »

That's mostly because today's "gamer" has the intellectual patience of a gnat. Look at top-tier games released in the past 6-7 years that aren't MMO's. You can not fail. It's not possible to lose. They take games that could be really awesome and challenging, and turn them into a mature equivalent of Bob the Builder.

Bethesda is a perfect example of this, and most "popular" MMO's have followed suit.

Morrowind was absolutely epic. It was complex, you could choose almost any path you wanted. There was a massive open world to explore. And it was challenging. If you failed to practice your skills, they would weaken and lose points. If you died, you lose experience and skill points. Enemies scaled to your level so that the entire game wasn't a cakewalk even when you increased your powers. Fully completing the game was a real challenge, and there were a few paths that could end in absolute failure. (Elder Scrolls III, released 2002)

Oblivion expanded the world even more. The graphics pushed the limits of high-end PC's when it was released. So much that even a year or two after, mid-tier PC's needed to run on the lower-end of the graphic settings. Quest chains were expanded, more in-depth, ect. But they made it easier to play. You don't lose skill knowledge if you don't practice. You can still be pretty much whatever you want to be, but the character abilities are class-linked a bit more than previously. It's possible to lose the game, and get to a point where you are unable to complete it, but it was damn hard to get to that point. (Elder Scrolls IV, released 2006)

Skyrim again expanded it even more. It follows closely on the same style as Oblivion without much difference. Except that the only possible way to not win the game, is to avoid completing it. It's designed so that you can not fail. Leveled enemies have been backed off, so by the time you're level 20 or so, everything is basically a cake walk. If it weren't for the modding community, the game would not be worth playing. (Elder Scrolls V, released 2011)

Really good games, don't cater to the intellectually challenged. Good games offer a challenge, and require skill.
    Unfortunately, more stupid people are buying games these days than those who actually want a challenge.​​

There is nothing challenging about PWI its player base are some of worse skilled players I've seen in any game. Leveling is not challenging at all it time consuming and boring and is why alot people quit because of so many dailys. Challenging would be making all servers pvp as the game intended and making gear actually farm-able in game. People have been playing for 8-9 years and still click keys lol. PVE carebears have ruined the game and made the player base lack skills.
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Options

There is nothing challenging about PWI its player base are some of worse skilled players I've seen in any game. Leveling is not challenging at all it time consuming and boring and is why alot people quit because of so many dailys. Challenging would be making all servers pvp as the game intended and making gear actually farm-able in game. People have been playing for 8-9 years and still click keys lol. PVE carebears have ruined the game and made the player base lack skills.

>PVP Servers
    >Somehow is the same as playing the game with a challenge
    Yeah, there's so much challenge when wallet warrior x oneshots a crappy geared character trying to do his own stuff, right?
    Open world PvP is not the same as a game being a challenge.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• sarrafeline
    sarrafeline Posts: 152 Arc User
    Options
    People have been saying that PWI is on it's death throes since 2009. "Packs will kill PWI!" "Sins and BP will kill PWI!" "R9 will kill PWI!" TBH, none of those have killed PWI, and none will. I'm not kidding myself, though, this game IS in decline... What makes me want to quit MMO's is when I spend 3-4 years farming gear, then the level cap gets raised 10 levels, and they introduce new gear that takes another 3-4 years to farm, at which point, I just toss in the towel. This isn't an issue in PWI, thankfully, though the new gear thing does happen. And it is a problem for me. I got R999 on my Barb, and then a new cast was released. I could care less about the armor, but I do want the weapon. However, I refuse to re-shard and redo my +12, so it will never happen. The armor set would break my build, and the stats really aren't worth it IMO.

The other thing that will help the decline of PWI is the lack of involvement by the PWE staff. When there's a jerk spamming a PayPal coin scam for days, and he isn't banned, it's pathetic. If an actual GM logged in for 20 minutes a day, just to see what was happening on WC, and possibly in Archo and Kirin Town, things would be better. When 300 people have to submit a thousand tickets for a scammer to get banned 3-5 days later, after they've already changed over to another account is just... Mind blowing.

The last time this became a hot button issue, though, PWE broke the hell out of the game with a pathetic, useless chat filter that actually prevented some players from being able to do much of anything. I know that XBox and mobile phone games are more important than the user base, but having a GM every now and then in the actual game would be cool.

Another thing that hurts PWI and is helping it's decline is the ludicrously expensive gear. 3 billion coins for a CoM, 2 billion for Emperor, 300 million for a Deity or JOSD (and you need, what, 24 of them for full gear?), it's stupid. Yeah, it's meant to be hard to attain, but some people don't have 18-20 hours a day to spend farming, and even with good gold prices, it's still $1,600 for a full set of Deity stones.

Nothing here is new. I actually enjoy my DB, so the last big expansion wasn't a huge bust for me, but I still find Primal dailies tedious, and I still see bugs from 2006 that haven't been fixed. Those expansions where the new races were released? We never actually once got the full content promised. Got a guild base? Well, we still don't have base wars. Kinda sad.

Half of this is Wanmei, and not PWE, but... Some of it is, and they could do better, but... After fighting for an actual in-game GM since 2009, I've given up on it (wishful thinking still persists, though, duh).
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    Options
    Another thing that hurts PWI and is helping it's decline is the ludicrously expensive gear. 3 billion coins for a CoM, 2 billion for Emperor, 300 million for a Deity or JOSD (and you need, what, 24 of them for full gear?), it's stupid. Yeah, it's meant to be hard to attain, but some people don't have 18-20 hours a day to spend farming, and even with good gold prices, it's still $1,600 for a full set of Deity stones.

Level 3 stones (combine 3 josd/dieties) are being released next patch I hear. onion-14.gif​​