free reawakening + level gift box - update?

Options

Comments

• arspaulina#4310
    arspaulina#4310 Posts: 347 Community Moderator
    Options
    Heeeyyyy Lai already made a thread on this, silly hijackers :P No double dipping!
    Yeah Jabq, that almost looked like it was but perhaps maybe they were cautious? Would love to see more weapon fashes in the near future especially if they will trend to perma version.

Back on topic :
    No news on this as per usual, but we should hear something from orinj soon-ish I hope?
    ⋆Have a question? Feel free to shoot me an ask!⋆
  • orinj
    orinj Posts: 460 admin
    Options
    Heeeyyyy Lai already made a thread on this, silly hijackers :P No double dipping!
    Yeah Jabq, that almost looked like it was but perhaps maybe they were cautious? Would love to see more weapon fashes in the near future especially if they will trend to perma version.

Back on topic :
    No news on this as per usual, but we should hear something from orinj soon-ish I hope?

Yup, by Friday. Many thanks. :)
    F.E.A.R. has two meanings: Forget Everything And Run - OR - Face Everything And Rise. The choice is yours, my friend.
  • dog10240
    dog10240 Posts: 108 Arc User
    Options
    orinj wrote: »

Back on topic :

Yup, by Friday. Many thanks. :)

I have a question, why did the devs not give a global code that never have problems? Email codes are obviously not working for a lot of people lately so the best course of action is to go back to the old format of a single code that works once per account and no problems come of it(like jones/omalleys).
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    Options
    dog10240 wrote: »

I have a question, why did the devs not give a global code that never have problems? Email codes are obviously not working for a lot of people lately so the best course of action is to go back to the old format of a single code that works once per account and no problems come of it(like jones/omalleys).

Take those good ideas somewhere else. PWE has no place for that sorta thing.

NGTUy53.png

• laiwaisan
    laiwaisan Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    Options
    OH Im sorry wasnt trying to hijack it sometimes they cant give away same gift code like the loyalty box so i figure an awesome suggestion if we cant get the loyalty box algain im sorry was not trying to hi jack this.

my bad i stick my nose in corner
  • arspaulina#4310
    arspaulina#4310 Posts: 347 Community Moderator
    Options
    I wouldn't necessarily poo-poo it. We have someone's attention, let's try not to consistently shoot the person in the foot, yeah? As the saying goes, you get more with honey than with vinegar. As long as future codes can not be abused or the systems that allowed for it to happen no longer work, then it's a better step in the right direction. Besides it's been hinted at before that there is talk of better methods to deliver codes (and I think would be better than emails that people may or may not use because throw away emails are a thing). I'd have to go digging again for the specific post (I feel like I've quoted that thing 2-3 times now o.o)

Also heh @laiwaisan . I'm teasing, it's really hard to tell over type though. But yeah it's been noted and stuck against the wall as "cool stuff you guys should really look to implement!"
    ⋆Have a question? Feel free to shoot me an ask!⋆
  • laiwaisan
    Options
    ok hugs
  • krian090590
    krian090590 Posts: 235 Arc User
    Options
    dog10240 wrote: »

domino said something about how the mass amount of people redeeming codes for their accounts caused the system to break. so the send the email for the really good stuff, and have the global codes for less stuff that wont be redeemed in masses, like jones/omalley blessing
    Etherblade Server
    due to mishaps in my past few years in game, I do NOT accept random invites (faction/squad/friend no randoms period) NOR will I give buffs (cleric/barb/sin/exp if i have it) to random people because they ask. If I DO give buffs to a random person, it's because of a random whim (much like the red detonator button sitting at my desk that i will one day push at a random whim)
    Also do NOT look at my gear and then proceed to pm me asking to buy my gear or for a loan of coin. It's just plain rude.
    I have too many toons to name, but if you play on Etherblade server and you come across a toon that acts this way, or if the world is suddenly destroyed, it was probably me.
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    Options
    @laiwaisan i was teasing X2EewjE.png.

*keeps friday as the day according to fiji timezone onion-30.gif.​​
  • laiwaisan
    Options
    ohhhh lol hugs all you guys.

this game is awesome i would just add 2-3 things to end all mmo's.

so far i only seen one game with as much customization as pwi and that game is fairly new that means all this time pwi has held the record for customization up to last year that's impressive.

Im not hijacking this ill put it in the suggestion box im not going to push for the loyalty box im happy with the 3 6 star refines i got from that friend ship scroll x10x 3 per account and baby woo quest extended to the 19th ty pwi ty devs don and orinj
  • orinj
    Options
    Hi, guys. As promised, I will provide my response to you later this evening. Thank you for your patience.
    F.E.A.R. has two meanings: Forget Everything And Run - OR - Face Everything And Rise. The choice is yours, my friend.
  • lilkitsu#4417
    lilkitsu#4417 Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Hi, guys. As promised, I will provide my response to you later this evening. Thank you for your patience.

looking forward to see what you have.

Seeing you and Domino take so much action recently reminds me of the really good days of this game when we had more communication with the people in charge. Keep up the good work
  • orinj
    Options
    First and foremost, thank you all for your patience. Secondly, I’ll get straight to the point and state that my reply is not going to be a popular one.

In the past few weeks, I’ve had the pleasure of speaking with many of you – some through the forums, some in-game, and some by way of forwarded email. Many of you inquired about my sudden appearance and participation, and I’m here to tell you that this specific incident regarding the “Free Awakening and Leveling Box” – along with the Luck of Elysium, Anniversary Plushies, and several others incidents that were mishandled – is exactly why you are seeing more of me.

To be blunt – we messed up.
    The individual who used to run PWI messed up in terms of using this as a strategy to re-engage inactive users.
    I, as their direct manager, failed to vet the program before it was launched, thus messing up.

While I cannot speak to that aforementioned individual’s mindset, I can explain mine.

We run reactivation campaigns all the time.
    It’s a great way to win back people we lost.
    It allows us to remain fresh in their minds.
    We sometimes provide incentives to “sweeten the deal”, but these incentives should never A. favor those we lost vs. those who have remained loyal to us and continue to play the game, and B. shift the “balance of power” in any meaningful way.
    The incentive used for the period in question was the “Free Awakening and Leveling Box”, items that violate both tenets A and B.
    I was not aware that these items were going to be used for the campaign.
    Had I known, I would have halted the presses immediately.

In an ironic twist of fate, the individual responsible sent these emails and codes to the wrong user group, resulting in many active users receiving the gift, which then allowed the incident to come to light.

As I stated above – we messed up. This was an error on our side.
    And this is one of those cases where two wrongs don’t make a right.
    And what I mean by that is that no one else is going to be sent these codes – ever.

Now you may ask, “If you messed up, how are you going to make it right?”
    I think that’s an extremely appropriate question to ask, but first, I would like to set some context.

A gift, which is what that email and code was, is a gift.
    It was being provided by one party, PWE, to another party, select users.

If I decided to share my candy with person 1 and not with person 2, person 2 might get extremely annoyed and bothered by my decision, but that decision would ultimately be mine, and person 2, although extremely upset, would not be entitled to any type of compensation and would have to simply live with my decision.

But life isn’t always so binary or devoid of feeling. (Well, sometimes it is, but fortunately this isn’t one of those times.) So what I’d like to do is open the floor for discussion.

What would you like to receive as a gift? NOT as compensation, but as a gift.

And let’s be realistic about requests and expectations.
    Asking for elusive, exclusive, expensive, god-tier items is going to get a swift rejection from the Devs.
    Be realistic.
    Think about items that would make your life easier in the game, something that is fun, something that if distributed to all the inhabitants of PWI would not shift the balance of power, etc.

I can’t promise that we’ll be able to cater to all your specific requests, but it will certainly help me, us, draft a proposal for Dev review.

I hope you understand my position. You might not be happy with it, but at the very least, I hope you can empathize. And believe me, I completely empathize with your position – I do – but I have a business to run, and partners to appease, so this is the stance that I must take.

Thank you all for reading that incredibly long wall of text. I hope this brings closure to the first part of the story, and I hope that we can work on writing the second half of the story together.

Respectfully,

Orinj

P.S. This thread will remain open for a week while we gather feedback. Next Saturday it will be locked. Thank you.
  • nene#6448
    nene#6448 Posts: 226 Arc User
    Options
    Thank you for your response @orinj . Personally I would like to see a new way to obtain Ancient Gift. Currently Invitation Scrolls are the only way to obtain those but 1. you are taking them away, again 2. not everyone has lots of inactive friends 3. Most of the time you get everything else but ancient gifts from the scrolls.
  • jabq
    Options
    Thank you for the reply @orinj tiger-4.gif.

As for gift, i forget the items name, we got it as part of timed gifts. Basically give everyone an exp buff that is "3x normal exp from mobs + QUESTS". The buff has a 1 hour timer. The buff can be shared with the squad for "50%~100% extra bonus to mobs + quests". This should stack with rb exp gains. Have a time limit for 3 weeks for this gift. Time this gift for everyone with the anniversary event or if that is too early, time it with christmas/new year.

Basically give the exp reward item for being inactive to player previously. If possible improve the exp amount by 50%~100%.

The above will allow returning players to get help from friend and level quicker to reach the level 100, and complete their rb. If they do not want help from others, they can do it on their own as well. This will not require extra coding, as the said item just needs to be available for all players through the treasure chest in the game, rather than a code. It does require a long time limit (21 days) and not a 7 day time limit.

This will take care of the exp part of the previous gift that was sent out. As for the gear ticket, give out the amount of free mats to g17 weapons so people are 1 week of farming away from g17 tier 2 weapon. This will get lots of players interested, especially for anni/new year to play the game. It will be new content to most returning folks, for current people it will help reduce their farming time. New players will get an awesome weapon in returning. Which if they keep on wanting to improve will have to stick around for another 6~12 months to complete. For current players this will take about 1~2 months off from their current time required to hit tier 5.

Summary

Giving out both together would be a balance.

Gift idea for exp: Give the exp buff of old returning player (absent from game for 20 days) as a 21 day item with no level restriction.

Gift idea for gear: Give out free mats, that is 1 week short of getting g17 r2 weapon for free. This will get players back into the game and a new shiny item. If they decide to farm the other tiers, they will be around for 5~12 months.​​
  • eland20
    eland20 Posts: 42 Arc User
    Options
    - I suggest a rename stone (identity stone) , one per account, and a faction rename stone for factionleaders
    - i suggest to totally stop 2x exp 2x drop events (i find them very useless since almost everything has no value), or put it up as the standard server setting and make 6x exp 4x drop events
    - i suggest to put the LEGACY MARK in boutique for 1 Gold with a 15 day time limit
  • bigbroitachi
    bigbroitachi Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Personally I never liked the invite a friend feature. I felt it created an unfair advantage to those players that had inactive friends/alts that they could use to get the ancient gift item. The 50% vitae boost alone already cut the time to max out sky levels for people who received the item in half which is a big deal especially if you happen to play more than one character.

As for the gift to be honest I don't think anything can really match the items the code gave to some people and not others. I mean getting an instant second rebirth toon with a free set of tt99 gear can't really be matched and truly sucks for those who missed out on it. I actually was a bit annoyed by the fact that while players that have been around for a while may not have gotten to that stage yet some new player could instantly be ahead of them with zero effort. I guess if I had to pick something I'd pick a month of x2 drops weekends. At least then I could farm some of the molds that have been eluding me so far. Too bad x2 drops doesn't give us x2 badges on the boss kills also.
  • lilkitsu#4417
    lilkitsu#4417 Posts: 87 Arc User
    Options
    while i agree to the post above that there is no gift that can compare to the code, Orinj has a point that the code was never meant to be given to everyone, and yes i was one of the lucky ones who had the code on every account, and while i would have been mad if i didnt get the code, understanding the reason behind it i could have let it slide. (yes i figure this will make some say that what i say is irrelevent because i did get the code) but i had been rooting for a way for those that didnt get the code to be able to get one, in a way that those that already got the code wouldnt get a second one. But oh well, it was wishful thinking that everything would turn out to be fair for everyone.

Onto my next point. Yes the item gave RA2 lvl100, but there was still some work that had to be done before someone could take full advantage of that, and that works is Spiritual Cultivation. A toon has to have at least the lvl 89 culti done, before they can do the 1st Ra, but at somepoint with each toon, TT99 isnt good enough to solo a certain boss or dungeon, so then you either have to find a squad, which most people wont go with a pill baby, or spend coin to get better gear so you can solo. Although with previous pill babies i find that doing the Spirity culti quests solo is a great way to learn the pill baby's skills and how to play them effectivly.

As far as a gift, i personally would like a couple account bound 7star orbs (2 or 3 max), To me it seems fair considering the "don't tip the power scale rule" but it also seems to be asking for too much. Certainly no mounts, trial fashion, or all-class pets, because those have been overgifted and are redundant as gifts. i have so many anniversary and other free mounts than i do toons per account. And i still have trial fashions that i haven't redeemed yet. If the 7star orbs cant be done, then i agree with other posts, that the legacy mark should be available in some other way than the invite a friend feature. not cash shop, because then it isnt a gift, but maybe a code that can be redeemed only a set number of times per year, so it doesnt get over abused. And All-class pets are just useless. Sure i like my hamster that i got from a friend and named CPUSLAVE, but i hardly bring my slave out of the pet bag (someone has to make sure my computer is running after all)

As for another suggestion for a gift. One gift that has been used a lot, but i think is still a good gift to give is Event Gold. It's practicle and people could always use more, for usefull thing like teleport stones and refining aids, or there are some who spend it on the fashion or random pigments, or if they have enough one of the cool looking flyers that cost 500-800 event gold. do it like you did in the recent event gold code where it gets added to your account as soon as you pull it from the mailbox.

Basically i find that the gift should be something practicle and have an actual use to help players, rather than stuff that does nothing.
  • dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    Options
    Orinj, thanks for the reply, I understand what you're saying and I think that although some people will not like it your decision does have merits.

As for gifts...I think we should get some sort of choice. I for one would love an opportunity to get more Barbaric Bloods since I don't play every single day so I'm behind on that, as well as vitae (but the returning warrior event took care of that). I think the bloods is something that doesn't affect power levels, since they are just basic requirements to learn skills that all classes should have.

Event Gold is a tired and old option, and honestly everyone has so much already that no one will be satisfied or happy with just more event gold, imo. But there's no harm in it being another choice for a reward.

Some other cool rewards might be free auto-recovery stones, or action stones. Stuff that doesn't really increase your power per-se, but everyone would be happy to receive them since they reduce some of the monotonous repeating of daily quests. Something like a few intense action stones so people can get their dailies done faster and go back to doing stuff they enjoy etc.
  • jasrho
    jasrho Posts: 34 Arc User
    Options
    Question...would it be possible for the suggestion portion be placed in a new thread..I feel that many people would be quit following and have given up hope after over a month and not realize that suggestions are being received.

As for my suggestion..I really would simply like to see something useful by everyone. Blood has been suggested but I think there are quite a few..especially new people that cant use those for quite some time. A legacy mark would be nice and most could use that. A one size fits all reward will probably be very tough to find. Though it may not be possible because of coding or whatever..but perhaps turn hypers on in fcc for a month if something like that is possible.
  • slivaf
    slivaf Posts: 13 Arc User
    Options

We run reactivation campaigns all the time.
    It’s a great way to win back people we lost.
    It allows us to remain fresh in their minds.
    We sometimes provide incentives to “sweeten the deal”, but these incentives should never A. favor those we lost vs. those who have remained loyal to us and continue to play the game, and B. shift the “balance of power” in any meaningful way.
    The incentive used for the period in question was the “Free Awakening and Leveling Box”, items that violate both tenets A and B.
    I was not aware that these items were going to be used for the campaign.
    Had I known, I would have halted the presses immediately.

In an ironic twist of fate, the individual responsible sent these emails and codes to the wrong user group, resulting in many active users receiving the gift, which then allowed the incident to come to light.

I respect that you both 'owned' up to it as a mistake, and also applaud the wording you had throughout your entire post.

Honestly as a return incentive for inactive players, it would have taken no less than that for me to consider coming back (if I had gone)/that or perhaps a way to level up boundary levels, (which is quite tedious on alts) either way both would have been as you astutely put it... a gift. I am not saying we should have everything handed to us... but returning players would be so far behind level/boundary/gear wise it would be extremely hard for me to want to come back if I ever quit for a lengthy amount of time, not to mention truly entertain the idea of suggesting a friend come back, especially if they happened to ask me once in game... hey... "is it worth coming back?"... Sadly without a good and decent gift that was "given" my answer honestly would have been a no. (The reawakening/leveling box was quite a nice incentive and the ones who actually got it/returned at the right time actually have a decent starting place to perhaps stay/claw their way back from the bottomless pit that taking the break would have caused them to be in.)

I do fully understand the dilemma with giving out a gift like this, let alone a gift suggestion to actually get people to definitely come back, you nor us the players want the returning players to have everything handed to them on silver platter, and be right next to those who have remained 'loyal'/active enough to have worked hard for the gear and progress of skill or whatever we gained throughout remaining in game, not to mention the 'cut' it would have to the you/the devs etc if you all were to just hand out full r9rr +10/12.

That's not to say there isn't a solution out there, that would appease everyone involved, no matter where they may sit on the viewing table so to speak, but yea it would take a pretty nice... incentive/gift for returning players to definitely get them back, let alone actually have me/others actually give an 'ok' for them to come back and stay.

---

As for the suggestion on a gift to "make up"... for this... as others pointed out, nothing really compares to the code, perhaps the auto stone/way to reduce SOME of the monotony of the daily grind there is in the game these days, I for one wouldn't mind seeing some pills to level up boundary levels. (Not saying to max, but maybe enough to level up to astral sky v, but yea don't see this happening especially with that reawaken/leveling gift we got.)
  • revan1410#9938
    revan1410#9938 Posts: 3 Arc User
    Options
    Treasure Merchant Nosta is missing in Celestial Vale
  • dregen543210
    dregen543210 Posts: 110 Arc User
    Options
    Yes, those are PERFECT - Bloods, vitae pills, and legacy marks are all stuff that veteran players don't necessarily need anymore or care about but mean a LOT to alts or returning players to help them catch up to the current level most players are at.

For loyal players who have stayed and dont need those items...you could give them maybe some homestead items, or supreme celestial schism molds to change culti for free, or w/e. None of those things really affect power levels, except possibly for high-prosperity homestead items (and even then it's pretty hard to notice).
  • ree#2906
    ree#2906 Posts: 2 Arc User
    Options
    Thank you so much for your post, @orinj -- it's so refreshing to see such a level of transparency from the administrators of the game.

In terms of a gift -- while honestly I really would love the reawakening crystals to come out (can the illusionary crystals come back in the boutique, at least?), another gift idea I would love to see would be the occasional code for A packs and S packs (bound of course), which we used to see perhaps a year or two ago from another community manager. It was a great way to help us build up our toons and have a bit quicker chance at getting some good cards. We'd typically see these codes come out once a month, and I think that was one of my favorite gift campaigns I've seen done.

I would also love to see Legacy Mark return in some way, as mentioned above... I seriously miss that and it would help me a lot -- working on rebirthing and levelling two new toons right now.

Thank you again for this great chance to offer some feedback. I appreciate your involvement in our community, and hope you stick around! :)
  • sirmalagan
    sirmalagan Posts: 8 Arc User
    Options
    A chest you can open every 10 lvls with weapon and full gear set for that lvl. We have already those free till lvl 40 but to make it untill level 90 would be good. That wouldnt affect anything and gives all players up to lvl 90 moderate gears. Today its very hard to keep gear up to date if you dont have a main farming cash.
  • sirmalagan
    sirmalagan Posts: 8 Arc User
    Options
    And use the arc mail system for codes instead of e-mail system which doesnt work. Arc system mail is always up to date and is your responisibility to maintain working aswell.
  • laiwaisan
    Options
    I would be happy with the baby wookon quest and the returning friend quest set as permanent or for at least 1 year ? is that to crazy to ask for? and if you do go that route pleas leave the pw promotions npc alone because what be the point in doing two quests if you cant redeem the the cloud blossom or the cloud wonder if you cant do 1 year how about 3 or 6 month be awesome?
  • xdarkangelkiarax
    xdarkangelkiarax Posts: 36 Arc User
    Options
    Yes keep invite a friend feature permanent would be amazing!

Or update the event boutique, a lot of the stuff in there is unwanted, like some of the fash. Some suggestions of what to add:

-Vitae Pills (it's such a grind to level up our sky levels)
    -Those Dragon orb chance packs we had before would be awesome, any sort of pack in the event boutique would be great tbh
    -Holy Pills
    -Small xp boosts
    -Socket stones
    -Homestead Mat bags

Just update it a little more, we've had so much content in the past few years, where required consumables are only available on demand in the cash shop, or in limited and small supply through quests. Give us something useful to waste our event gold on :P
  • jabq
    Options
    Just to build on @xdarkangelkiarax idea on boutique items. Why not provide the teleport bell and auto pot for 5 gold (1 week), 15 gold (1 month) there. Give out event gold periodically, if no farming mechanism is going to be implemented for acquiring event gold outside of tiger event (the previous CM dropped this in a massive way with false promises).

At present cash shoppers, and to a lesser extent gold spenders (bought from coins) can get event gold consistently due to promotions.​​
  • ailiadrake
    ailiadrake Posts: 282 Arc User
    Options
    I would love to see the event boutique updated with more interesting stuff. Nothing op, clearly, but at the same time nothing useless. The idea of the dragon orb packs was a good one, for example, and I would love to see it again and something along those lines
This discussion has been closed.