War Avatars

adeleg65
adeleg65 Posts: 6 Arc User
How do you use the war avatars?I am totally stumped.And I can't find anywhere in the help where it explains how to use one.Any help will be appreciated.:>)

Comments

• nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Deleted.
    Post edited by nbreaking on

Mr. Justice
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    You acquire War Avatars from doing various quests in Primal World (such as Stronghold Assault). They go into a bag which is a separate inventory. You can then drag them to different slots (Battle, Durability, etc.) on the War Avatar screen to equip them.

You do not have to put the correct cards in the correct slots (Destroyer card in Destroyer slot), but if it is in the wrong slot then you will not get the effect of any blue stats on the card. You will still get the white stats in the wrong slot.

Cards have a Leadership value, you cannot equip more than your maximum Leadership. If you have two identical cards with different Leaderships, keep the one with lower Leadership and use the other as food. Max Leadership can be increased with War Avatar Catalysts from the cash shop.

Cards can be leveled up for increased stats. You feed other cards into them. Click on the equipped card you want to level, press the Devour button, then open your bag. Click on the cards you want to eat and they will disappear. Do not devour A cards, you will probably regret that later.

A max level card can be reawakened by combining it with an identical (level 1) card at the War Avatar Master in Kirin Town. This drops its level back to 1, but it gets greatly increased stats.

Generally speaking, C and B cards are useless and only good for devouring. S cards are better than A, but almost impossible to get sets of unless you are a heavy cashshopper. Realistic goals for free-to-play people are a set of A cards, Six Candleflame Sovereigns being the most popular. The most efficient way to get A cards is to do Flowsilver Palace (Deicide or Judgment mode) and trade the coins at the Resistance Leader in Kirin for A packs (costs 20 flowsilver coins). Each A pack has a 13% chance of an A card. The War Avatar Treasure Box in the cash shop has poor rates and is not recommended.
  • marius#8026
    marius#8026 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    capnk wrote: »
    [...]
    Generally speaking, C and B cards are useless and only good for devouring. S cards are better than A, but almost impossible to get sets of unless you are a heavy cashshopper. Realistic goals for free-to-play people are a set of A cards, Six Candleflame Sovereigns being the most popular. The most efficient way to get A cards is to do Flowsilver Palace (Deicide or Judgment mode) and trade the coins at the Resistance Leader in Kirin for A packs (costs 20 flowsilver coins). Each A pack has a 13% chance of an A card. The War Avatar Treasure Box in the cash shop has poor rates and is not recommended.
    A doubt I ever had was the fact that you guys from PWI seems to obtain Six Candleflame Sovereigns so easy. I play a version of PW similar to the chinese version. R9 is expensive, R9rrr version from PWI doesn't exists, well... these things that you guys probably know that is hard to obtain on another versions of this game. And here, Six Candleflame Sovereigns is very OP and hard to obtain too, but when I watch videos from PWI people, looks like everyone has a Six Candleflame Sovereigns set lol Does PWI facilitates the achievement of the AEU six cards set? Or you guys simply open a lot of A chest from FSP with main toon and a lot of alt's?

• nbreaking
    [...]
    A doubt I ever had was the fact that you guys from PWI seems to obtain Six Candleflame Sovereigns so easy. I play a version of PW similar to the chinese version. R9 is expensive, R9rrr version from PWI doesn't exists, well... these things that you guys probably know that is hard to obtain on another versions of this game. And here, Six Candleflame Sovereigns is very OP and hard to obtain too, but when I watch videos from PWI people, looks like everyone has a Six Candleflame Sovereigns set lol Does PWI facilitates the achievement of the AEU six cards set? Or you guys simply open a lot of A chest from FSP with main toon and a lot of alt's?

I've got mine just recently and I do FS everyday and HF every week, I didn't buy any packs or did it with any alts. Expansion for war avatars has been up for 2.5 years and only now i've finished it, so, I don't think it was easy lol...
    It all depends on luck, I got 5/6 candleflame cards in the first month that New Horizons expansion hit, and now, 2.5 years later I finally got Locen -.-' I can rb2 all my other cards because I have for example 8 ghost wings :|
    All on luck and quantity of packs you open.

Mr. Justice
  • ninjakitchenrulr
    ninjakitchenrulr Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I've spent billions upon billions of coins to get my six candle flame card set. Four cards are reawakened once and two are reawakened twice.
  • dregen543210
    dregen543210 Posts: 110 Arc User
    [...]

An average candleflame set will probably cost you upwards of 2 billion, or more if unlucky. I wouldn't say that amount of money is trivial to get, at least for the average player.
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Mine cost me roughly 7-8b when you say 2b is the average lmfao you must be on a lucky server my other friends have estimated they spent 5-8b needless to say either farm ton of alts or be ready to bleed
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • demansfairy
    demansfairy Posts: 456 Arc User
    If you been playing since new horizons came out, they did a LOT of log in and spend promos for A packs and chests, there was 0nce a spend promo to get 2 a CHESTS per 20 gold you spent, up to 10 times. Unfortunatly they don't really do those kinds of promos anymore
    full +12 SB, currently lv 105 105 105
  • nbreaking
    If you been playing since new horizons came out, they did a LOT of log in and spend promos for A packs and chests, there was 0nce a spend promo to get 2 a CHESTS per 20 gold you spent, up to 10 times. Unfortunatly they don't really do those kinds of promos anymore

I've personally got some S chests and A chests from them but I'm so unlucky not only did i not get the cards I wanted but I got cards that don't even belong to any set, like lord isrifar -.-' every... single... time...

Mr. Justice
  • dregen543210
    edited July 2016
    nbreaking wrote: »

I've personally got some S chests and A chests from them but I'm so unlucky not only did i not get the cards I wanted but I got cards that don't even belong to any set, like lord isrifar -.-' every... single... time...

I personally have pretty much every A card EXCEPT for the candleflame set. Seriously...not even one. Every other A set completed except fro incarcerate. LOL. So who's unlcuky? xD

I'm just gonna use Abbadon set and be done with it. :s It's only worse by a couple %, if I use a S on the last slot (which I have).

• marius#8026
    Here people prefer use a random set of S cards than get a Six Candleflame set. I asked because in PWI, this set is much more common than here. But now I realize that get Six Candleflame is almost as difficult as here. Here we never had promotions of A packs, only on War Avatar Catalysts. Thanks for the answers.
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    maybe he means war avatar order item :hushed:
  • dregen543210
    Here people prefer use a random set of S cards than get a Six Candleflame set. I asked because in PWI, this set is much more common than here. But now I realize that get Six Candleflame is almost as difficult as here. Here we never had promotions of A packs, only on War Avatar Catalysts. Thanks for the answers.

That's weird. Assuming you do the FSP every day and open one chest per day, a bit under half of people will get a set in one year. Maybe the % chances are different where you play?

• capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    Or you guys simply open a lot of A chest from FSP with main toon and a lot of alt's?

This. I don't have a set personally, but I still think it's something a f2p can accomplish with some effort (and time, and luck).

I made the mistake of going after S cards early on, thinking they would be easier to acquire. I still only have 3 S cards now. S cards are for heavy cashshoppers only.

• marius#8026

That's weird. Assuming you do the FSP every day and open one chest per day, a bit under half of people will get a set in one year. Maybe the % chances are different where you play?
    The chances are the same, but it's very rare see people with Six Candleflame set here. 365 days doing FSP to have remote chance (a bit under half of the people like you said) to achieve the set seems very very expensive to me. Expensive in terms of money and time. I can be wrong, but for me seems more easy to get random S cards (without combo) than Six Candleflame set. Even more now with War Avatar Order packs. Get a set of random S cards is much more easy to get than before. I do FSP every day, and I don't know if is a good deal open A chests every until I get the Six Candleflame set. See the guy above who said that achieved the set now, after 2.5 years of FSP lol Thats my concern about trying to get the best A combo set of cards.

Or you guys simply open a lot of A chest from FSP with main toon and a lot of alt's?

This. I don't have a set personally, but I still think it's something a f2p can accomplish with some effort (and time, and luck).

I made the mistake of going after S cards early on, thinking they would be easier to acquire. I still only have 3 S cards now. S cards are for heavy cashshoppers only.
    Yeah, S cards are expensive, I agree. But is it not easier get random S cards than get Six Candleflame set? A random S card gives more status than a card of the Six Candleflame set if the card is not reawakened. So, it can be a good deal. I ask because I'm chasing S cards - and I'm not a heavy cashopper. But I'm unlucky and I don't know if I would get a Six Candleflame set until at least 2 years of FSP.
  • nbreaking

The chances are the same, but it's very rare see people with Six Candleflame set here. 365 days doing FSP to have remote chance (a bit under half of the people like you said) to achieve the set seems very very expensive to me. Expensive in terms of money and time. I can be wrong, but for me seems more easy to get random S cards (without combo) than Six Candleflame set. Even more now with War Avatar Order packs. Get a set of random S cards is much more easy to get than before. I do FSP every day, and I don't know if is a good deal open A chests every until I get the Six Candleflame set. See the guy above who said that achieved the set now, after 2.5 years of FSP lol Thats my concern about trying to get the best A combo set of cards.

Yeah, S cards are expensive, I agree. But is it not easier get random S cards than get Six Candleflame set? A random S card gives more status than a card of the Six Candleflame set if the card is not reawakened. So, it can be a good deal. I ask because I'm chasing S cards - and I'm not a heavy cashopper. But I'm unlucky and I don't know if I would get a Six Candleflame set until at least 2 years of FSP.

It is easier to get random S cards on all slots than to get the candleflame set in theory due to odds BUT it's a lot more expensive (so, you'd have to open less packs but S packs cost a lot more than A packs). Not only that but the reason people go for six candleflames is because the cards are OP once rbed and it's easier to rb A cards than S cards (due to odds).

I have recently gotten my last card but I have 4+ of the other ones, so, I didn't just get 70% set bonus... I got 70% boost bonus + rb2 candleflame set which is really OP.

In short, it is easier to get random S cards, but in the end it's more expensive and not worth it.

Mr. Justice
  • dregen543210
    edited July 2016

The war avatar order + essence is not a good deal at all. You're spending 450+ gold per S slot - for that same amount of gold you could have easily gotten a decent A set.

Despite what people say, having an A Abbadon (5/5) set is only a couple % worse than candleflame. You only lose 10% white stats, and cards don't even make up half of your total power. You're never going to go up abbadon set vs candleflame set maxed in pvp and have abbadon set be the reason you lose, assuming all other factors are equal.

So the difference isn't that significant. And when you do finish the candleflame you can just feed all the abbadon cards into the candleflame.

So you actually have 2 sets to go for in A. You would almost surely get one of those sets in a year, 2 max. You can't feasibly go for S sets unless you're willing to spend up to $10000, or more.

• lilkitsu#4417
    lilkitsu#4417 Posts: 87 Arc User
    i was lucky at first. with all the spend promos for A Chest i got 5 of the candleflames within a matter of months, years later i still have not gotten Ghost Wing, and with FSP it's not a chest you get it's a Pack, and with A Packs i tend to only get C cards, trying to get a complete Candlyflame set by FSP coins into A packs is a challange. Lately i've been saving my coins for when i can by the other item needed to do the type specific card packs. Even if it's only slightly, i'd have a better chance finishing my set if i go with the card type specific packs.
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    It took me six months of running nine chars a day through fsp to get my cleric's AEU set. As of now, I have Locen second reawakened and the rest of the set first reawakened. I need one more copy each of Mistress/Aohe/Ghost Wing to 2nd RA, but I just don't care enough, tbh.

As for S cards, I have 1 battle/1 longevity/3 durability/2 soulprime opened mostly off of promos.​​
  • dregen543210
    edited July 2016
    chary wrote: »
    It took me six months of running nine chars a day through fsp to get my cleric's AEU set. As of now, I have Locen second reawakened and the rest of the set first reawakened. I need one more copy each of Mistress/Aohe/Ghost Wing to 2nd RA, but I just don't care enough, tbh.

As for S cards, I have 1 battle/1 longevity/3 durability/2 soulprime opened mostly off of promos.​​

That's something I didn't consider but yeah another reason to get A set. Will be pretty hard to reawaken S cards, so a maxed candleflame set is only doing 10-12% less damage than full S without reawaken, at least according to the calculators and asterelle's war avatar calc.

And still over three times cheaper than the S set....

The nuema portal characters have to be seriously dedicated. It really is only a slight advantage now, compared to way back at release.

Funny thing: The nuema portal chars would receive a larger advantage by just maxing 2 candleflame R9rr JoSD chars and duo-boxing, rather than spending the money to get a nuema portal on just 1 char.

• marius#8026
    nbreaking wrote: »

It is easier to get random S cards on all slots than to get the candleflame set in theory due to odds BUT it's a lot more expensive (so, you'd have to open less packs but S packs cost a lot more than A packs). Not only that but the reason people go for six candleflames is because the cards are OP once rbed and it's easier to rb A cards than S cards (due to odds).

I have recently gotten my last card but I have 4+ of the other ones, so, I didn't just get 70% set bonus... I got 70% boost bonus + rb2 candleflame set which is really OP.

In short, it is easier to get random S cards, but in the end it's more expensive and not worth it.
    With all the answers in this topic, I made the decision to chase an A set now. Abbadon or AEU set. It will take a lot of time, but in the end it will be worth, I think. You said exactly what I think now: In short, it is easier to get random S cards, but in the end it's more expensive and not worth it. Also, problably when I get one of these, I will reawaken some cards of the set, and will be better than a random S card, spending much less to leveling the cards.
  • magiceffect
    magiceffect Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    @chary I think you were lucky (compared to me). 9 chars per day (considering that you lose half coins when transferring) would make 5 A packs per day I think. 6 months means around 900 packs. Add the promotions and all, lets say 1k packs.

In my case ... I think I opened 3 times more than that just to complete the set. And 1 time more to get to a point where I have 3 2nd rb, 2 1st rb (close to 2nd), and 1 non rb.

What I did notice is that lately my luck increased by a lot. Not giving too much details, I would say that some things people do to increase luck on opening packs apply to these A packs aswell. For example, lately, out of 100 packs opened I get 14-20 A cards.
    Dawnglory - SpellStormer (105 x 3): http://mypers.pw/10/#435948