100 EVENT GOLD MAIL - MAIL SYSTEM NOT WORKING

Options
samasalao
samasalao Posts: 159 Arc User
Been talking to a friend about it, he got the new email with 100 gold event on main account but not on his alt account, I received on my alt account I barely use but not on my main account.

What is the deal with this?, is this on purpose or is randomly being send? It is not working correctly! Please make a code redeemable once for everybody and dont rely on e-mails, it is clearly not working properly!,

Comments

• ericamariex222
    ericamariex222 Posts: 114 Arc User
    Options
    Did you not read everything PWI has posted today...? they Specifically said if you didnt get it send a ticket. I did so and had a response in like than an hour.
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    Options
    Its every time the same ****. Why in gods name they cannot just release a simple code. It seems like they love dealing with tickets and cant get enough of it.
  • nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    Options
    Hey Everyone,

Earlier this morning we sent a batch of codes out to active and inactive players with a special code. There was a small hiccup on the backend and a few emails were not sent out. If you believe this has happened to you, please contact customer support at https://support.arcgames.com/app/home and they will be able to sort you out. They are currently getting an influx of tickets right now, so when you contact them, have a little patience and they will get to you.

In addition, please make sure you submit a ticket, and not try to resolve the matter via live chat.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience in this matter.

- The PWI Crew

This is on a sticky thread, plz read before posting.

Support is onto this, send a ticket, get it, done.

Mr. Justice
  • samasalao
    samasalao Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Options
    They need to stop using that BS Email system, and make a code redeemable by everyone once.

Edit; OK I just saw that thread, is that there are too many announcements and is easy to miss, they need to do a clean up, there are so many sticky threads!
  • nbreaking
    Options
    samasalao wrote: »
    They need to stop using that BS Email system, and make a code redeemable by everyone once.

Edit; OK I just saw that thread, is that there are too many announcements and is easy to miss, they need to do a clean up, there are so many sticky threads!

Well, that I do agree with you. They should just give the codes to everyone like before instead of sending them to the email.
    The only reason I see for this is a bit of extra security because then you have to have access to the email to redeem codes, but it's totally unecessary -.-'

I suggested they just use a single code for everyone on the sticky aswell, but no reply to that.

Mr. Justice
  • thenamesdomino
    thenamesdomino Posts: 545 Perfect World Employee
    Options
    That's not going to happen. last time we tried that the sheer volume of players mass redeeming the code broke our item send tool. When we give out a mass code now it's for something that alot of players think is cool, but not good enough to make them want to attempt to exploit it.
  • nbreaking
    Options
    That's not going to happen. last time we tried that the sheer volume of players mass redeeming the code broke our item send tool. When we give out a mass code now it's for something that alot of players think is cool, but not good enough to make them want to attempt to exploit it.

Thanks for the clarification, at least now we know why it's not being used.

Mr. Justice
  • nene#6448
    nene#6448 Posts: 226 Arc User
    Options

Someone already suggested this in the other thread but adding it here too, why not send the codes through ARC mail instead of player emails since clearly that one isnt working properly. (My main account hasnt gotten any of the PWI mails, neither the codes nor regular news, and I have complained about this several times but never gets fixed, even changed my email and made sure my settings are right.)
  • xbodacious#3358
    xbodacious#3358 Posts: 9 Arc User
    Options
    > @thenamesdomino said:
    > That's not going to happen. last time we tried that the sheer volume of players mass redeeming the code broke our item send tool. When we give out a mass code now it's for something that alot of players think is cool, but not good enough to make them want to attempt to exploit it.

There really isn't any difference tho. nothing stops the player from grabbing the code off their email anyway and redeeming it. you can still only redeem it once either way. the only difference is some people have lost access to or simply not recieved their email code limiting who can redeem it which is not always fair.

+1 for them sending it to arcs email instead. its still account bound and much easier to redeem since you need arc to redeem the code anyway.
  • zentfamily
    zentfamily Posts: 234 Arc User
    Options
    ... the sheer volume of players mass redeeming the code broke our item send tool.

You mean the sheer volume of alt accounts. :p
    ZentVedr - Retired at last. Or am I?
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    Options
    zentfamily wrote: »
    ... the sheer volume of players mass redeeming the code broke our item send tool.

You mean the sheer volume of alt accounts. :p

Imagine if you have 40 alts, check 40 emails (or one email, if mail forwarding is set up), scroll down, copy paste each code. By the end of, the person with 40 alts, deserves it, the effort put in to get the codes is immens:pensive:

Just like the hardest thing in this game i found was making the damn gst for r9 in one go. Hell was reintroduced to me at that point.​​
  • arspaulina#4310
    arspaulina#4310 Posts: 347 Community Moderator
    Options
    Actives got 200 Event gold, Inactives got 100.

Also, yes there has been a sticky made and I believe (?) Orinj has hinted/possibly keyed us in that they're looking into Arc for that as per this post on the "Dear Domino and Mods and Devs"-
    orinj wrote: »

Hey thanks for your feedback! We're actually working on this. Two of our guys are headed to the CN office next week to discuss expanding the Arc mail system so that it supports codes. Maybe I've said too much, but we share your concerns. We're taking steps to ensure faithful delivery while minimizing abuse. We appreciate your patience!

- O

So yes, it looks like it'll be looked at. I'll leave this thread open for the rest of today and close it up tomorrow since it's technically a dupe thread and hopefully the answers here are sufficient enough.
    ⋆Have a question? Feel free to shoot me an ask!⋆
  • skyavy#1474
    skyavy#1474 Posts: 5 Arc User
    Options
    this same topic is already opened at "if you did not receive your code yet.... " by thenamesdomino. Also, i don't think the rule was based on "Actives got 200 Event gold, Inactives got 100". Most of us already know by now which the real problem behind it was. And thank you, orinj :)
  • arspaulina#4310
    arspaulina#4310 Posts: 347 Community Moderator
    Options
    All my inactive chars got only 100 event gold and one chest and then my main active one got 200 and 2 chests. Unless they specified something else arbitrary (like level minimums?) I assumed that's how they went by. Did anyone else get something different (like their active "log on every day chars" only getting the 100?)
    ⋆Have a question? Feel free to shoot me an ask!⋆
  • skyavy#1474
    skyavy#1474 Posts: 5 Arc User
    Options
    I got 2x100 event golds and 2xchests no matter if active or inactive and this is what domino mentioned about the reward. As i read in former posts, the only players that received the code are the ones that had checked their pwi newsletter before May. In the present, people have been sending tickets, but only a part of them received an alternative to that code.
    Pwi still has a problem with pwi newsletters. I hope orinj can do something to solve it.
  • xbodacious#3358
    xbodacious#3358 Posts: 9 Arc User
    Options
    All my inactive chars got only 100 event gold and one chest and then my main active one got 200 and 2 chests. Unless they specified something else arbitrary (like level minimums?) I assumed that's how they went by. Did anyone else get something different (like their active "log on every day chars" only getting the 100?)

Is that correct? i logged on my main account and got 200 event gold when I hadn't logged her for the better part of 4 years. from what i understood the reward was static for everyone. And this account which has my main on it didn't even receive an email even tho i'm on every day.